Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Tom Brady has been one of the worst deep throwing QB's in the NFL the last 5 or 6 years.

Fortunately, his short to intermediate passes are still deadly accurate.

Great point and objective for a change. Of course he doesn't have a Randy Moss any more and his playmakers are short to medium guys like Edelman and Gronk. They have a great offensive game plan every week.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know. He doesn't even need to be that accurate to be honest, Brady beats teams before the snap. Quite honestly better than anyone I've ever seen, except Peyton. Probably because of the cheating.

I agree with his pre snap reads, however, Brady's biggest strength on his short and intermediate passes is by hitting the receiver absolutely perfectly in stride.

When the receiver does not have to slow down, jump or bend down for a low throw, you maximize YAC.

This is what Brady does the best.

35 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

haha, fair enough, the part where you put 100% of the blame on Fitzpatrick for the Bills game, and used the 3 straight Int's as the reason.

Okay. To start, I would rather have Mike Glennon over Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's absolutely true. I think that Mike Glennon is the best QB of the three and that its a crime to have guys such as Fitzpatrick starting football games while a guy like Mike Glennon is riding the bench. Thats a personal opinion and like assholes, everybody has one lol. 

As for week 17, I never said that it was 100% of Fitz fault. Do I think its mostly Fitz fault? Absolutely. Fitz had 37 pass attempts that game, and completed only 43% of his passes. Now some would immediately come to Fitz defense and say "It was bad weather in that Buffalo game", and yes it was. Here's the problem. There were two QB's playing in that game. Tyrod Taylor threw 28 passes and completed 64% of them....20% more than Fitz. 

The Defense held the Bills to just 22 points this game. As you may know, I made a video and in that video I gave stats on Fitzpatrick. The stat in particular is when Fitz faces teams that score 21 or more points. For his career, when facing a team that scores 21 or more points Ryan Fitzpatrick has lost 84% of those games. Whats worse is that he's actually regressed on that stat the last 4 years, losing 92% of those games over the last 4 years. Last year 7 teams scored 21 or more points against the Jets, FItzpatrick's record is 1-6. Fitzpatrick also had to go to OT twice to beat teams that scored just 20 points on the Jets defense last season (Giants, Patriots). This shows that no matter the team, Fitzpatrick cannot put up points. 

Back to the Bills game. Heading into the 4th quarter the Jets are down against the Bills 19-17. The defense allows just three points that quarter. Meanwhile, with the Jets playoffs on the line and down just two points heading into the 4th quarter this is what Fitzpatrick proceeds to do. 

10:46 4th quarter- Throws an INT in the endzone on 2nd & 10, while in the redzone because he stared down Decker and McKelvin read it the entire way. It was a bad throw.(A TD or FG at this point would have given the Jets the lead, instead the Bills have the ball)

2:00 4th quarter- throws an INT while being hit by a defender that beat D'Brick on 3rd and 9. The problem here is that he's staring down Marshall the entire time. Completely missing the fact that #1 he has two receivers on on his right, #2 he could have ran out of the pocket on the right side and had two blockers (those receivers) right in front of him to lead the way. He didnt have to stare down Marshall...he didnt even have to make that throw. Since we're in a 2:00 offense we gains an extra down anyway since we would be going for it on 4th down anyway. He didnt have to make the bad play when he had yards in front of him with 2 blockers if he simply just left the pocket. 

:17 4th quarter- Throws a complete inaccurate ball to Decker that was thrown directly to the defender. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick under pressure with the playoffs on the line instantly became one of the worst QB's in all of football. He stared down either Marshall or Decker the entire 4th quarter which is exactly why his completion percentage plummeted after that 4th quarter. 

So, you can see that im not doing what people did go Geno in that Raiders game (OMG he had such a terrible game) yet when you see the breakdown of the game you can see how well he played. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had an absolute melt down the moment that 4th qtr started, which its typical of Fitz when a team scored just 21 points....which is just incredible when you think about the fact that this is a passing league. 

You dont pay that 7 million. 

33 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

All great receivers bail out their Qbs it's in their job description. And not every ball thrown short or long that is successful is a perfect spiral. There are even set plays with superior receivers like Marshall where the Qb intentionally overthrows the receiver. Marshall seems to love working with Fitz. If he is a rag arm incompetent Qb then you think he'd want him back. 

You can continue to deny if you like. You asked for stats, I showed you how the guy went 0-8 in one game of passes over 20 yards while at the same time connecting on just 3 of his first 20. 

On the season he was one of the worst. You dont have to accept it, but you asked for stats and I showed you. His arm isnt strong and even when he throws deep its totally inaccurate or often than not. 

And as a sidenote, sure great receivers bail out their QB's.....then Geno should get the benefit of the doubt since he's never had any.

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You know this isn't an issue exclusive to Ryan Fitzpatrick, don't you?

You have to know. I mean. You can't be this naive... can you?

Receivers bail out their QBs every Sunday. It's the nature of the game. The "this is how many passes could have been intercepted" logic is even dumber than yesterday's "Geno can't be judged by early career failings, but Fitz can" logic.

Every single pass that has ever been thrown in the NFL could have been intercepted. This is a fact. And yet, the league finds a way to move on... perhaps you should too.

Then I proceeded to show stats.....if you would have made it that far then you would have realized that being naive didnt play a part. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I also think the Kap situation is still going on. And that Denver would still be interested in him if they can work it out financially. IMO SF will finally kick in more money because they have an impasse with Kap that goes beyond what plays out on the field. They despise each other: the FO and the player. If Kap does end up in Denver it's possible that Chip could be interested in Fitz who imo would be a great match on that team short run. Speculation on my part. Plus if Fitz is going to be paid as a backup (which he was last year) then he might prefer being one on a better team. And take the backup money somewhere else. 

I don't want to carry this too far since I concede I do not KNOW this, but it has been my impression from what I've read that SF in effect needs to move Kaep in order to get some other Qb.  By "in effect" I mean that they will not just cut him since they think there should be some value in a trade, and that his being under contract to them is a situation they do not view (yet) as a sunk cost, meaning money already gone and wasted.  But... it may still come to that. In other words I don't know that they have concluded that another year with Kaep is the worst scenario for them.  Sure they want him gone, but not at any cost.  And perhaps more significant is that they already have Gaebert who may not be my idea of a quality Qb, but again they already have him and his contract.

Given all those considerations it makes sense to me that SF has reasons not to have pursued Fitzpatrick.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then I proceeded to show stats.....if you would have made it that far then you would have realized that being naive didnt play a part. 

Stats still don't make it a problem exclusive to Fitz. You are naive, or stupid. It's up to you to acknowledge which.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Stats still don't make it a problem exclusive to Fitz. You are naive, or stupid. It's up to you to acknowledge which.

You're the one saying that this problem is exclusive to Fitz. Show me the quote where I wrote that "this problem is exclusive to Fitz" then I can understand you calling the statement naive or stupid. 

But until you show that STFU and troll somewhere else. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

You're the one saying that this problem is exclusive to Fitz. Show me the quote where I wrote that "this problem is exclusive to Fitz" then I can understand you calling the statement naive or stupid. 

But until you show that STFU and troll somewhere else. 

Show me where I said it was exclusive to Fitz. LOL

If you acknowledge that Fitz isn't the only QB that does this, then the rest of your point becomes moot. This isn't trolling. This is me pointing out the juvenile logic that informs your arguments isn't worth bickering over, because it is wrong.

You think because you type lots of words that it makes bad logic suddenly "unbad"? No.

Like I said yesterday, this is a bunch of manufactured crap intended to over-rationalize your opinion. It doesn't make it appear as though you know any more or less about football. It does make it appear as though you don't know about logic.

Case in point, me saying you are either naive or stupid is a false choice. You should have called me out on that, rather than whining about me trolling... especially since all you do is troll, whether or not it's intention. Derp.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Show me where I said it was exclusive to Fitz. LOL

If you acknowledge that Fitz isn't the only QB that does this, then the rest of your point becomes moot. This isn't trolling. This is me pointing out the juvenile logic that informs your arguments isn't worth bickering over, because it is wrong.

You think because you type lots of words that it makes bad logic suddenly "unbad"? No.

Like I said yesterday, this is a bunch of manufactured crap intended to over-rationalize your opinion. It doesn't make it appear as though you know any more or less about football. It does make it appear as though you don't know about logic.

Case in point, me saying you are either naive or stupid is a false choice. You should have called me out on that, rather than whining about me trolling... especially since all you do is troll, whether or not it's intention. Derp.

So no "quote"????

Thats what I thought. Now STFU......and go troll someone else. 

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Okay. To start, I would rather have Mike Glennon over Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's absolutely true. I think that Mike Glennon is the best QB of the three and that its a crime to have guys such as Fitzpatrick starting football games while a guy like Mike Glennon is riding the bench. Thats a personal opinion and like assholes, everybody has one lol. 

As for week 17, I never said that it was 100% of Fitz fault. Do I think its mostly Fitz fault? Absolutely. Fitz had 37 pass attempts that game, and completed only 43% of his passes. Now some would immediately come to Fitz defense and say "It was bad weather in that Buffalo game", and yes it was. Here's the problem. There were two QB's playing in that game. Tyrod Taylor threw 28 passes and completed 64% of them....20% more than Fitz. 

The Defense held the Bills to just 22 points this game. As you may know, I made a video and in that video I gave stats on Fitzpatrick. The stat in particular is when Fitz faces teams that score 21 or more points. For his career, when facing a team that scores 21 or more points Ryan Fitzpatrick has lost 84% of those games. Whats worse is that he's actually regressed on that stat the last 4 years, losing 92% of those games over the last 4 years. Last year 7 teams scored 21 or more points against the Jets, FItzpatrick's record is 1-6. Fitzpatrick also had to go to OT twice to beat teams that scored just 20 points on the Jets defense last season (Giants, Patriots). This shows that no matter the team, Fitzpatrick cannot put up points. 

Back to the Bills game. Heading into the 4th quarter the Jets are down against the Bills 19-17. The defense allows just three points that quarter. Meanwhile, with the Jets playoffs on the line and down just two points heading into the 4th quarter this is what Fitzpatrick proceeds to do. 

10:46 4th quarter- Throws an INT in the endzone on 2nd & 10, while in the redzone because he stared down Decker and McKelvin read it the entire way. It was a bad throw.(A TD or FG at this point would have given the Jets the lead, instead the Bills have the ball)

2:00 4th quarter- throws an INT while being hit by a defender that beat D'Brick on 3rd and 9. The problem here is that he's staring down Marshall the entire time. Completely missing the fact that #1 he has two receivers on on his right, #2 he could have ran out of the pocket on the right side and had two blockers (those receivers) right in front of him to lead the way. He didnt have to stare down Marshall...he didnt even have to make that throw. Since we're in a 2:00 offense we gains an extra down anyway since we would be going for it on 4th down anyway. He didnt have to make the bad play when he had yards in front of him with 2 blockers if he simply just left the pocket. 

:17 4th quarter- Throws a complete inaccurate ball to Decker that was thrown directly to the defender. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick under pressure with the playoffs on the line instantly became one of the worst QB's in all of football. He stared down either Marshall or Decker the entire 4th quarter which is exactly why his completion percentage plummeted after that 4th quarter. 

So, you can see that im not doing what people did go Geno in that Raiders game (OMG he had such a terrible game) yet when you see the breakdown of the game you can see how well he played. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had an absolute melt down the moment that 4th qtr started, which its typical of Fitz when a team scored just 21 points....which is just incredible when you think about the fact that this is a passing league. 

You dont pay that 7 million. 

Anyone who watched that game without a bias knows the defense could not get off the field. Part of that was the Bills were blatantly holding and tackling our Dline with nothing called, and the rest was the ridiculous cushion Revis gave Watkins with no adjustments made by Bowles at all.

The first Int is enough to kill him for, it just cannot happen in that spot. That said, there is PLENTY of blame to go around on that play, including but not limited to Fitzpatrick. It was a timing play on the right read to one on one coverage. The ball was thrown before either Decker or the DB broke. The DB made a great adjustment having gotten burnt earlier on the same play for a TD. I think Gailey went to the well one too many times on that, and Decker gave up on that and did nothing to break it up. That said, I am fine killing him for that pass.

The second one was a designed play to Marshall, he did what he was supposed to do. Brick got destroyed on that play, literally whiffed on the block, it was disgraceful.

The third int was in desperation time, he had just thrown an amazing pass that was in the hands for a game winning TD. It would have been a GREAT catch, but it was a great throw.  Even if he completes that pass, the game is over anyway.

I am not going to sit here and say he was good on that day, he wasnt by any stretch, but the rest of the team sucked balls too. My whole point is you love to blame everyone else for Geno's problems, and excuse Geno, yet you do the exact opposite when it comes to Fitz. Just be consistent, or your agenda shines through.

12 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Anyone who watched that game without a bias knows the defense could not get off the field. Part of that was the Bills were blatantly holding and tackling our Dline with nothing called, and the rest was the ridiculous cushion Revis gave Watkins with no adjustments made by Bowles at all.

The first Int is enough to kill him for, it just cannot happen in that spot. That said, there is PLENTY of blame to go around on that play, including but not limited to Fitzpatrick. It was a timing play on the right read to one on one coverage. The ball was thrown before either Decker or the DB broke. The DB made a great adjustment having gotten burnt earlier on the same play for a TD. I think Gailey went to the well one too many times on that, and Decker gave up on that and did nothing to break it up. That said, I am fine killing him for that pass.

The second one was a designed play to Marshall, he did what he was supposed to do. Brick got destroyed on that play, literally whiffed on the block, it was disgraceful.

The third int was in desperation time, he had just thrown an amazing pass that was in the hands for a game winning TD. It would have been a GREAT catch, but it was a great throw.  Even if he completes that pass, the game is over anyway.

I am not going to sit here and say he was good on that day, he wasnt by any stretch, but the rest of the team sucked balls too. My whole point is you love to blame everyone else for Geno's problems, and excuse Geno, yet you do the exact opposite when it comes to Fitz. Just be consistent, or your agenda shines through.

Im not talking about what the defense could or couldnt do when on the field. That has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick because Fitzparick doesnt play defense. 

Im talking about Fitz while on the field with the ball and his decision making. Im not going to make excuses for him staring down his receivers for the entire 4th quarter instead of being calm and collected 

I see your point about the ridiculous cushion Revis gave Watkins. Revis was injured in that game with a bad wrist (so he couldnt jam) and he was dealing with that concussion. That doesnt change the fact that Fitz completed 43% of his passes. 

You can see that 4th quarter the way you'd like. You can reallocate blame any way you like. What I seen was a guy staring down his targets the entire 4th quarter and making mistake after mistake, such as turning the ball over in the endzone while in the redzone which took the opportunity for points away which could have completely changed the complexion of that game with 10 mins left. 

Thats the difference between Good QB's and Ryan Fitzpatrick. The tape supports that he stared down his targets that 4th qtr, and the stats support the fact that if a team scores just 21 points you have a 92% of losing the game based on his last 4 years or an 84% change of losing that game based on his career stats. Knowing that stat, then seeing how he went 1-6 on the year along with how he ended that game week 17 shows that this isnt about hating on Fitz. Fitz is who Fitz is. Im willing to accept that along with the fact that you may not see it the way I do. 

One thing this is not however, is me hating Fitz. I've said on numerous occassions that Fitz played better than I anticipated when it came to when I thought he would eventually break down. I thought around week 10.....he stumbled around that time but got his act together somewhat in December with a bit of help....but when it came down to one game in the 4th qtr I saw what I always knew Fitz was. 

You can disagree, and thats cool. But at the end of the day, I didnt like his play in the 4th quarter, and though I dont blame him for 100% of it, I put most of the blame on him because the Jets scored zero points in the 4th quarter and he's the damn quarterback. 

And as a player in general, he loses 84% of the games where teams score just 21 or more points over a span of 11 years. I dont want that in a QB. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Im not talking about what the defense could or couldnt do when on the field. That has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick because Fitzparick doesnt play defense. 

Im talking about Fitz while on the field with the ball and his decision making. Im not going to make excuses for him staring down his receivers for the entire 4th quarter instead of being calm and collected 

I see your point about the ridiculous cushion Revis gave Watkins. Revis was injured in that game with a bad wrist (so he couldnt jam) and he was dealing with that concussion. That doesnt change the fact that Fitz completed 43% of his passes. 

You can see that 4th quarter the way you'd like. You can reallocate blame any way you like. What I seen was a guy staring down his targets the entire 4th quarter and making mistake after mistake, such as turning the ball over in the endzone while in the redzone which took the opportunity for points away which could have completely changed the complexion of that game with 10 mins left. 

Thats the difference between Good QB's and Ryan Fitzpatrick. The tape supports that he stared down his targets that 4th qtr, and the stats support the fact that if a team scores just 21 points you have a 92% of losing the game based on his last 4 years or an 84% change of losing that game based on his career stats. Knowing that stat, then seeing how he went 1-6 on the year along with how he ended that game week 17 shows that this isnt about hating on Fitz. Fitz is who Fitz is. Im willing to accept that along with the fact that you may not see it the way I do. 

One thing this is not however, is me hating Fitz. I've said on numerous occassions that Fitz played better than I anticipated when it came to when I thought he would eventually break down. I thought around week 10.....he stumbled around that time but got his act together somewhat in December with a bit of help....but when it came down to one game in the 4th qtr I saw what I always knew Fitz was. 

You can disagree, and thats cool. But at the end of the day, I didnt like his play in the 4th quarter, and though I dont blame him for 100% of it, I put most of the blame on him because the Jets scored zero points in the 4th quarter and he's the damn quarterback. 

And as a player in general, he loses 84% of the games where teams score just 21 or more points. I dont want that in a QB. 

Hey, we can both reallocate blame however we want. Just pointing out you reallocate blame away from Geno, and towards Fitz. Be better than that man, at least be like @Sperm Edwards, he just says everyone sucks and everything is everyones fault. I think he is onto something, we are the Jets afterall. LOL

13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

And another thing, everyone has a bias.  I dont let my bias blind me though. Just because I criticize Fitz has nothing to do with my feeling on Geno. 

Stop acting like having a bias is a bad thing or only for people who cant see beyond it. Everyone has a bias....but you can have that without being blind by it. Fitz had a bad game and a absolute terrible 4th quarter. And those 3 INT's are passes he threw and they were all bad throws. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And another thing, everyone has a bias.  I dont let my bias blind me though. Just because I criticize Fitz has nothing to do with my feeling on Geno. 

Stop acting like having a bias is a bad thing or only for people who cant see beyond it. Everyone has a bias....but you can have that without being blind by it. Fitz had a bad game and a absolute terrible 4th quarter. And those 3 INT's are passes he threw and they were all bad throws. 

Everyone has bias, of course. But I don't believe you one bit about not being blinded by it, but it's all good, we're all just fans.

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

They were terrible passes and if Geno did it the same fans who make excuses for Fitzpatrick would be calling for Geno's head. 

17 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Hey, we can both reallocate blame however we want. Just pointing out you reallocate blame away from Geno, and towards Fitz. Be better than that man, at least be like @Sperm Edwards, he just says everyone sucks and everything is everyones fault. I think he is onto something, we are the Jets afterall. LOL

You can talk about all the reallocation and what I do/dont do with Geno all you like. I continue to see you question me and my "bias" when it comes to criticizing Fitz, yet when I go through page after page, thread after thread of people criticizing Geno I dont ever see you quoting someone asking these ^^^^^^^^ same questions. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 43% of his passes and completely tanked in the 4th quarter, and he did that with the #1 WR duo in the league in a Chan Gailey lead offense and a top 4 defense in the league.  I cant say the same for Geno Smith because he's never had competent coaching nor has he had the type of weapons around that Fitz did. 

Saying that isnt bias...but the truth. 

I will say this though, if you feel that this is me being bias and being a "fitz hater" then thats fine by me. You can think what you like....because im on this side doing the exact same. 

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Everyone has bias, of course. But I don't believe you one bit about not being blinded by it, but it's all good, we're all just fans.

You not believing what I tell you is not my problem. That's now YOUR bias kicking in telling you not to believe what a person is saying directly to you. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You can take all the reallocation and what I do/dont do with Geno all you like. I continue to see you question me and my "bias" when it comes to criticizing Fitz, yet when I go through page after page, thread after thread of people criticizing Geno I dont ever see you quoting someone asking these ^^^^^^^^ same questions. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 43% of his passes and completely tanked in the 4th quarter, and he did that with the #1 WR duo in the league in a Chan Gailey lead offense and a top 4 defense in the league.  I cant say the same for Geno Smith because he's never had competent coaching nor has he had the type of weapons around that Fitz did. 

Saying that isnt bias...but the truth. 

I will say this though, if you feel that this is me being bias and being a "fitz hater" then thats fine by me. You can think what you like....because im on this side doing the exact same. 

Well, on one side is someone reallocating blame from a QB who has 27TDs and 35 ints and has shown zero leadership ability whatsoever, who happens to be ABSOLUTELY killing a QB who has 154 TDs and 116 Ints.

No blind bias here.....

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They were terrible passes and if Geno did it the same fans who make excuses for Fitzpatrick would be calling for Geno's head. 

More so, if anyone would have pointed that out I would bet that you wouldnt see @BowlesMovement in the comments section telling people how they're so biased on Geno while explaining how it was just "Chan going to the well too many times" when it was Geno staring Decker all the way down the field. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

More so, if anyone would have pointed that out I would bet that you wouldnt see @BowlesMovement in the comments section telling people how they're so biased on Geno while explaining how it was just "Chan going to the well too many times" when it was Geno staring Decker all the way down the field. 

BowlesMovement is a flip flopper he cant make his mind who he supports anymore....he will jump on Genos bandwagon as soon as we win games and Geno excels. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

You not believing what I tell you is not my problem. That's now YOUR bias kicking in telling you not to believe what a person is saying directly to you. 

Hey Brah, nothing that goes on, on this forum is really anyone's problem per se, its all just opinions and observations.  

Based on what I found on a site or two. The Jets currently have about only 3.1 mil left on their cap. So at this exact moment in time could they sign Fitz? I mean wouldn't it take some kind of a time frame to work it out. It could be a reason why nobody seems in a hurry to get this done. Of course you can say he should take the 3 mil and be happy he's getting that! And I'm sure it will be. 

Archived