Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe im older than you, and I will right now apologize given that I misunderstood you when you said "everyone knows about Tiger Beat Magazine if you grew up in the 90's". It just sounds like you must have read it. 

Kinda like how everyone during my youth knew the song "Vanilla Ice Ice Baby" when I was growing up, yet no one ever admits to actually owning the album. How in the world does this album sell like 10 million records yet NO ONE ever had it. lol. 

I apologize. However, do ever mention those pics again to anyone! lol. 

Hopefully you know that im just bustin' your balls here! You kinda left yourself open for that playa! Im f'ing with you! 

Grow up in the 90's seems like he never grew up at all. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Isnt that a magazine for prepubescent teenage girls?

Grew up in the 90s and read Tiger Beat??  Yeah, thats intimidating, LOL

Dude, CrazyCarl really fell into that one. No one pushed him....he literally just walked off the cliff with that magazine statement! lmao! 

Im almost in tears right now! 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, CrazyCarl really fell into that one. No one pushed him....he literally just walked off the cliff with that magazine statement! lmao! 

Im almost in tears right now! 

I made a common cultural reference joke and I walked off a cliff? I'm sorry you don't have the background or the wherewithal to comprehend the humor. I'll try to keep my jokes on a much more reduced level so that you can understand them. 

Let's put it simply: there are two Qbs. One is liked by his teammates and the other isn't. So who do they want to play. The one who's disliked. You figure it out. People like these would have wanted to select Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning because he had a bigger arm which is all they care about. And they would have ripped Peyton and called him noodle arm.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I made a common cultural reference joke and I walked off a cliff? I'm sorry you don't have the background or the wherewithal to comprehend the humor. I'll try to keep my jokes on a much more reduced level so that you can understand them. 

Dude....im messing with you carl. C'mon bro! lol.

YesI am laughing, but you're one of my fav's here. You know this is my act every single day.....dont take it personal now! 

C'mon, I had an ENTIRE forum gang up on me during the "Max 6 wins" sh*t....you was around for that. I stuck it out. C'mon. You said something crazy, and we're laughing thats all! But you're still my dude! 

Can we fight then make up? :gfight:

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Let's put it simply: there are two Qbs. One is liked by his teammates and the other isn't. So who do they want to play. The one who's disliked. You figure it out. People like these would have wanted to select Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning because he had a bigger arm which is all they care about. And they would have ripped Peyton and called him noodle arm.

Because fitz has an incredibly weak arm we would have hated manning? lol you can't make this stuff up :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Remember that time Geno led the team to the movies and missed a meeting? What a leader!

Remember the time he shouted obscenities at a fan after losing? What a leader!

How about the time he got kicked off a plane? Probably for his leadership qualities. 

Was any of this posted in Tiger Beat :D

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Remember that time Geno led the team to the movies and missed a meeting? What a leader!

Remember the time he shouted obscenities at a fan after losing? What a leader!

How about the time he got kicked off a plane? Probably for his leadership qualities. 

I knew @BowlesMovement would thumb this up given the "lack of bias" and all. lol. 

Anyway, this above is your excuse? He missed a meeting almost 2 years ago? Not two, not three or four, not this past season. This isnt a reoccurring situation. but because he missed "a" meeting almost two years ago while hanging out with a few teammates at the theatre he's suddenly not a "leader"? Question, has it ever happened again? 

I remember him shouting at those fans. Those fans deserved what they got. It takes a leader to put asshats in their place. Fans think they can say wtf they want to people because they "paid"? They got what they "paid" for. How about having some respect, or being able to take what you dish? 

The plane incident? We dont know what happened. You're probably listening to too much TMZ, deadspin or reading this in the Tiger Beat Magazine gossip section lol.. Numerous football players have been kicked off flights for the most ridiculous of reasons. Such as "pants sagging" for example.

How petty is this? No, not the player, the adjective. 

19 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

The cases you specifically mention in fact prove my point.  In the draft Goff and Wentz whether rightly or wrongly were perceived as probable franchise Qb's, and if they work out will be the starting Qb's for the teams that take them for a decade or more.  OF COURSE a team that was in or put themselves in position to take either would do so over a vet Qb who at best is a two year solution, so that covers Philly and the Rams.  And of course both those teams already had starting Qb's under contract, so why would they go for a Qb even older than what they already have?  As for Houston they chose to go the route of a much younger Qb than Fitzpatrick, but I don't consider Houston to be the best run franchise in the NFL right now, so even if their gamble with Osweiler works out, it was high risk.  Washington had a huge pr problem with their fanbase if they went elsewhere, and I think he's probably a better Qb anyway. 

As for Denver, it makes perhaps the most interesting case, and I did think they might have been most interested in Fitzpatrick.  But instead they went with Sanchez and Lynch.  I think the logic about Lynch is that they hope they can develop him into a top Qb, but I think that is highly risky.  Yet... Elway has just won the SB and he has probably the most good will from both his fanbase and owner of any NFL GM right now, so he could afford to take that chance. 

I acknowledge again that some of these teams found options that involved players who either due to young age have a higher ceiling or even now are better Qb's.  But it remains the case that their different situations and options available do not mean that the Jets seem to have any options other than signing Fitz or playing the woeful Smith.  (As you may recall I would have preferred to have them pursue Bradford, or even Foles, but neither happened.)

Look it's all good but you're king of trying to have it both ways. I mean, the teams that had an opening showed little to no interest. But you want to say it's not a fair statement because other teams already showed interest in someone else at QB. That's only a valid gripe if you want to imagine killing a bunch of starting QBs and then say someone would be offering Fitz a contract. In that situation, I agree that would be the case. However, if all those teams didn't have starting QBs, and instead their starting QBs were thrown into the FA pool with Fitz, the same number of teams would be making starting QB offers to Fitzpatrick: zero. There is no reason to believe any team would swap their current QB for Fitz even if there were no salary cap implications.

The most damning is Denver, and Elway knows it's hard to get back there so you don't squander being the incumbent champs and use a win as "goodwill" for next year's mulligan. That's quite a motive you're pinning on him. That is a superbowl team with a gaping hole at QB. They lost a player or two but that should easily be balanced out by better QB play than they got last year on balance, which Fitzpatrick would presumably bring. He got a phone call and no offer from them. They instead trade a draft pick for Mark Sanchez and then use 2 more draft picks, including their 1st round pick, on a QB everyone here told me is so raw he needs to sit for a year or two. That's after offering $14M/year for Osweiller.

If Denver didn't put in an offer for Fitzpatrick I have a hard time believing anyone would, unless there was simply a bigger scarcity at the position league-wide. The argument amounts to saying he'd have a starting offer if there were fewer QBs out there, or if there were 38 other NFL teams instead of only 31.

Now to be "fair" in the eyes of brother @BowlesMovement, all of this applies even more to Geno Smith as well. The only reason the Jets are even considering starting him is he's already here, and Fitzpatrick has (thus far) priced himself out of a job. They probably legitimately feel Smith has more upside than most fans (here and offline) believe, but the fact is they offered the job to Fitzpatrick instead. If Geno was also demanding $16M (or even significantly more than 10% of that) he'd be just as unemployed as Fitzpatrick.

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's Plan B ?

It's Jets mailbag time, folks. 

So let's get right to your questions and our answers. 

@DarrylSlater We basically know the Jets' plan B at QB- Geno & Bryce. What is Fitz's plan B? No one else is offering him a starting job.

His only other option right now is retirement ... unless he wants to go somewhere else and accept backup quarterback money to be a backup. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. The Jets are offering him what he perceives to be backup money, yes, but they're going to make him their starter again. By all indications, Fitzpatrick does not want to retire. I expect he will eventually re-sign with the Jets. 

rest of above article : 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/05/mailbag_is_there_any_chance_jets_sign_mo_wilkerson.html#incart_river_index

11 minutes ago, kelly said:

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's Plan B ?

It's Jets mailbag time, folks. 

So let's get right to your questions and our answers. 

@DarrylSlater We basically know the Jets' plan B at QB- Geno & Bryce. What is Fitz's plan B? No one else is offering him a starting job.

His only other option right now is retirement ... unless he wants to go somewhere else and accept backup quarterback money to be a backup. Which doesn't make a lot of sense. The Jets are offering him what he perceives to be backup money, yes, but they're going to make him their starter again. By all indications, Fitzpatrick does not want to retire. I expect he will eventually re-sign with the Jets. 

rest of above article : 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/05/mailbag_is_there_any_chance_jets_sign_mo_wilkerson.html#incart_river_index

Who knows what he's thinking. Has 1 decent season in the NFL and wants franchise QB money. 

16 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is where the bias comes in. Fitz has played 82 more games than Geno. 

30 games vs. 112 games. 

However, if you take their first few seasons this is how it actually looks. 

In Geno's first 30 games he has 27TD's and 35 INT's

In Fitz first 28 its 21 TD's and 27 INT's. 

As for Geno Smith leadership, it would be bias of me to say that he's "Shown zero leadership" since the only time I ever see him is on Sunday's during game time. I dont know what he's doing Monday through Saturday during practices, warm ups, weight room, studying film etc. Do you...or is that your bias kicking in again?

Your foot is in your mouth with that "zero leadership" comment. Keep your foot there so you dont say another word, because your words are quickly going from the bias area to the hypocrite area. 

Yeah, I am the one with my foot in my mouth..... I used to think you were a knowledgeable football fan, now I see you as really a more of a clown act. Your not even worth debating anymore, you have reached that level of awful. Enjoy.

27 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Yeah, I am the one with my foot in my mouth..... I used to think you were a knowledgeable football fan, now I see you as really a more of a clown act. Your not even worth debating anymore, you have reached that level of awful. Enjoy.

There you go with your ad hominem attacks. Thats what people do when they have NOTHING to present. Instead they attack the messenger and not the message. 

I will enjoy! ;)

Man...I can't believe the support for Geno.

More importantly, I can't believe I missed Crazy Carl reading Tiger Beat by 14 hours!! Laughed my ass off reading that sh*t. Just so you know, Crazy Carl, that Tiger Beat is going in my back pocket and  I'm saving it for future threads. Hahaha. Youre lucky you despise geno, like me. 

the lesson here? NEVER stop reading a thread, even if it's almost 200 pages long. 

35 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Man...I can't believe the support for Geno.

More importantly, I can't believe I missed Crazy Carl reading Tiger Beat by 14 hours!! Laughed my ass off reading that sh*t. Just so you know, Crazy Carl, that Tiger Beat is going in my back pocket and  I'm saving it for future threads. Hahaha. Youre lucky you despise geno, like me. 

the lesson here? NEVER stop reading a thread, even if it's almost 200 pages long. 

I never read Tiger Beat! Sports Illustrated for kids was more my thing. People just don't understand humor anymore. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

There you go with your ad hominem attacks. Thats what people do when they have NOTHING to present. Instead they attack the messenger and not the message. 

I will enjoy! ;)

LOL, says the guy who one post prior to mine told me to shut my mouth.

Can't make this crap up.

26 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

LOL, says the guy who one post prior to mine told me to shut my mouth.

Can't make this crap up.

No, I was the guy that told you "keep the foot that you just stuck in your mouth right there". 

Thats not an attack on your for my lack of not having a rebuttal to your weak message. Its telling you that my rebuttal has you putting your foot in your mouth. 

You're not worth the time. Go find some "Geno haters" and tell them how "bias" they are. The day I see THAT quote! lmao. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, I was the guy that told you "keep the foot that you just stuck in your mouth right there". 

Thats not an attack on your for my lack of not having a rebuttal to your weak message. Its telling you that my rebuttal has you putting your foot in your mouth. 

You're not worth the time. Go find some "Geno haters" and tell them how "bias" they are. The day I see THAT quote! lmao. 

Lol

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I never read Tiger Beat! Sports Illustrated for kids was more my thing. People just don't understand humor anymore. 

Oh, I know you never read Tiger Beat! And I wouldn't have blinked at the reference. But the conversation was with someone else, and it went in a completely different direction which, at the end of the day, can only be good for Jetnation. Lol. Who knows, maybe it'll just fade away and people will forget, but it's off season, people need sh*t to talk about. 

Like a good coach with his time outs, I'll keep that one in my back pocket. 

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not your son or your dude. Confused yes you are.

I think you are misunderstanding me.... I am not saying YOU are MY SON, as in, me and your Mom had a baby and it was YOU. It is a saying, like saying Hey Chief, whats up? When you say that, you don't mean the other person is a Chief, as in they are not a native American, and they are not the head of the fire dept, its just a saying. Its like saying hey bro, or, hey cuz. They don't mean like hey, you are my brother, or hey, you are my cousin. So its just a saying, k bro?

Archived