Broncos Reach Out to Fitzpatrick

JetsFanatic

6 hours ago, King P said:

It's being reported that Cleveland hasn't made a formal offer yet. Kaep's contract is the issue they're still stuck on

That's what I get for skimming over an article. 

28 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I didn't know Cleveland offered their 3rd round pick.

See above. In light of that, "Cle is willing to give up their 3rd" is probably the better way of putting it. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, jetsfan719 said:

Look at brady. Give him a bunch of nobodys and he some how always makes them a star or makes ir work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you really think Fitzpatrick is in that category? I hate Brady, but in the AFCCG late in the 4Q, he led his team downfield against the league's #1 defense, and threw the potentially game tying TD with 12 seconds left. Do you really believe Fitz is in that level and can do something like that, or is he the QB that threw a pic to McKelvin in the end zone late in the loss to the Bills? 

Fitz is mediocre, and let's face it, Marshall made him look better than he was. No way Fitz should get $18m. If he sticks to that, let him walk. 

2 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Do you really think Fitzpatrick is in that category? I hate Brady, but in the AFCCG late in the 4Q, he led his team downfield against the league's #1 defense, and threw the potentially game tying TD with 12 seconds left. Do you really believe Fitz is in that level and can do something like that, or is he the QB that threw a pic to McKelvin in the end zone late in the loss to the Bills? 

Fitz is mediocre, and let's face it, Marshall made him look better than he was. No way Fitz should get $18m. If he sticks to that, let him walk. 

I think it's been made clear no one is giving him that. He's holding out for the best deal possible on what is likely is last significant NFL payday. Totally understandable, and I'm certainly no great fan of Fitzpatrick's game. 

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That's what I get for skimming over an article. 

See above. In light of that, "Cle is willing to give up their 3rd" is probably the better way of putting it. 

you have forced us to read your long, drawn out novels for a decade now. the least ypu can do is not skim over an article

16 hours ago, jetsfan719 said:

God forbid the worse goes down and marshall or decker get hurt, and geno serves up another lovely performance we can all read topics nex year "not fair for geno he lost all his weapons"

Geno sucks. Wrs dont make great qbs.

Look at brady. Give him a bunch of nobodys and he some how always makes them a star or makes ir work.

Better yet, lets sign Fitz for 15 million a year THEN Marshall and Decker go down and let us see what you have to say.  If we are going to struggle I would rather it be with Geno or Petty than with an overpaid journeyman. 

Fitz is going to wind up being a backup for a team not named the jets or broncos next season.  Watch him get a 1 year deal from a Pittsburgh or Dallas.  I've never seen a FA misjudge the market so bad.  That Ivy League Econ degree sure turned out to be useless.

3 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Fitz is going to wind up being a backup for a team not named the jets or broncos next season.  Watch him get a 1 year deal from a Pittsburgh or Dallas.  I've never seen a FA misjudge the market so bad.  That Ivy League Econ degree sure turned out to be useless.

this isnt happening

On March 12, 2016 at 0:58 PM, drdetroit said:

Fitz had a better year than Bradford who got paid 

So the entire salary structure of the NFL should be a House of Cards?  That should be the model?  Bradford stinks. Somebody does not know it. Not our problem.

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

Pittsburgh???

But they have Michael Vick??

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Right?

I swear; the things that I google just for laughs on this site...

I was gonna google "big penis pen"...

...but I decided not to. Thankfully.

RLLOL.  Just don't ever put "huge men" in the search box when looking for football images.  Or search "box".

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

RLLOL.  Just don't ever put "huge men" in the search box when looking for football images.  Or search "box".

I'll share with you another piece of wisdom that I've learned years ago:

The website for Dick's Sporting Goods is NOT Dicks dot com.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Pittsburgh???

But they have Michael Vick??

what i'm referring to is a team that already has an established #1 like a Pitt, DAL, GB, Wash, SD, Chi, etc.  just don't see denver interested enough and wouldn't be surprised if Mac slipped in to grab Kaep.

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

what i'm referring to is a team that already has an established #1 like a Pitt, DAL, GB, Wash, SD, Chi, etc.  just don't see denver interested enough and wouldn't be surprised if Mac slipped in to grab Kaep.

I got it. I was only joking. :D

Better yet, lets sign Fitz for 15 million a year THEN Marshall and Decker go down and let us see what you have to say.  If we are going to struggle I would rather it be with Geno or Petty than with an overpaid journeyman. 

Show me where i said pay fitz 15 million a year.....idc what they put on the field honestly. Aslong as the jersey doesnt read "smith" on the back of it. Anyone who says lets see what geno can do is delusional.

8 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Did you notice how much many Fitzpatrick has been paid in his career?  I think he has been pretty good about getting paid at or above his talent level.  Something tells me that he isn't going to roll into a camp for the vet min quoting John Riggins.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did you notice how much many Fitzpatrick has been paid in his career?  I think he has been pretty good about getting paid at or above his talent level.  Something tells me that he isn't going to roll into a camp for the vet min quoting John Riggins.

He wasn't making much more than vet min on his last contract

29 minutes ago, jetsfan719 said:

Show me where i said pay fitz 15 million a year.....idc what they put on the field honestly. Aslong as the jersey doesnt read "smith" on the back of it. Anyone who says lets see what geno can do is delusional.

Aw, shucks. I guess this means you wouldn't be on board to sign Brad Smith to run the wildcat, huh?

21 minutes ago, cant wait said:

He wasn't making much more than vet min on his last contract

He was getting better than $7M for two on his last contract, but he was on the books with the Titans, Texans and Bills at the same time.  He got paid and he will get paid again.  He is a 1b QB.  Sort of like Coles was at WR.  The problem is that nobody wants to go with 1b and there is no set market for QBs in that range.  Very few are between $5M and $12M where he belongs.  When the time comes he will sign somewhere and get a fairly decent deal.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He was getting better than $7M for two on his last contract, but he was on the books with the Titans, Texans and Bills at the same time.  He got paid and he will get paid again.  He is a 1b QB.  Sort of like Coles was at WR.  The problem is that nobody wants to go with 1b and there is no set market for QBs in that range.  Very few are between $5M and $12M where he belongs.  When the time comes he will sign somewhere and get a fairly decent deal.

I'm assuming the b in 1b stands for backup? That would make sense, his market value appears to be in the hoyer/chase daniel/josh mccown range. A superscrub if you will

Archived