Brian Hoyer to Jets ?

kelly

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5463/brian-hoyer

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Jets have "expressed interest" in acquiring Brian Hoyer.

In the same breath, Cole also reported the Jets are "holding the line" on free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick and aren't willing to up their offer to him. With Brock Osweiler in the fold in Houston, Hoyer is expected to be released or traded. He was downright horrific in the Wild Card loss to the Chiefs in one of the worst quarterback playoff performances in recent memory. Houston would likely take a seventh-round pick in return just to get Hoyer's $5.25 million off the books.

Please God, no.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5463/brian-hoyer

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Jets have "expressed interest" in acquiring Brian Hoyer.

In the same breath, Cole also reported the Jets are "holding the line" on free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick and aren't willing to up their offer to him. With Brock Osweiler in the fold in Houston, Hoyer is expected to be released or traded. He was downright horrific in the Wild Card loss to the Chiefs in one of the worst quarterback playoff performances in recent memory. Houston would likely take a seventh-round pick in return just to get Hoyer's $5.25 million off the books.

Please God, no.

I can't believe we'd trade anything for Hoyer, which would also lock in a higher contract than Hoyer should/would get even if we did sign him.

It was worth the pick for Fitzpatrick because it also locked him in at $3.5M. Hoyer, with a $1.2M roster bonus and a $4M salary, is no great bargain.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I can't believe we'd trade anything for Hoyer, which would also lock in a higher contract than Hoyer should/would get even if we did sign him.

It was worth the pick for Fitzpatrick because it also locked him in at $3.5M. Hoyer, with a $1.2M roster bonus and a $4M salary, is no great bargain.

Hoyer at the league minimum is a bad deal

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Straw poll: how many anti-Fitz goofballs are in support of Hoyer here?

Not anti-Fitz here just dont want to see the Jets overlay for his services and the fact that he is still available and not crawling back to the Jets tells me he's not a NY Jet through and true. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Not anti-Fitz here just dont want to see the Jets overlay for his services and the fact that he is still available and not crawling back to the Jets tells me he's not a NY Jet through and true. 

Dude, nobody wants them to overpay for him. Nobody.

So, if this is truly your position, then you spend all day, every day arguing a point that everyone else already accepts as a given. 

Congratulations.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Dude, nobody wants them to overpay for him. Nobody.

So, if this is truly your position, then you spend all day, every day arguing a point that everyone else already accepts as a given. 

Congratulations.

I also dont think he's the answer DUDE 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I also dont think he's the answer DUDE 

Then, wouldn't that make you anti-Fitz?

Would you prefer if I just stepped away and let you continue to chase your tail in delirium?

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Straw poll: how many anti-Fitz goofballs are in support of Hoyer here?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets prefer Hoyer, especially if he comes in the $5M or less range. 

idk i don't get it. why are so many people in love with fitzpatrick over hoyer? last game of the season...do or die for the playoffs and fitzpatrick played like a piece of sh*t. i really don't want him back unless it's for cheap. but dude wants a big contracta and i think it's a waste of resources to give him a payday (obviously mccagnan agrees). last year was the best you'll ever get from him....there is no upside. 

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

idk i don't get it. why are so many people in love with fitzpatrick over hoyer? last game of the season...do or die for the playoffs and fitzpatrick played like a piece of sh*t. i really don't want him back unless it's for cheap. but dude wants a big contracta and i think it's a waste of resources to give him a payday (obviously mccagnan agrees). last year was the best you'll ever get from him....there is no upside. 

Agree, great post.

If you watched Hoyer and Fitz in 2015 there was no comparison. Look a year ago I would have preferred Hoyer over Fitz. But just look esp at that playoff game of the Texans. Talk about mediocre although I won't judge (like some people) a player based on one game. But if we can't re-sign Fitz I'd take either McCown or Hoyer. If Geno beats them out in pre-season then so be it. I just don't think he can. 

9 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Did you see Hoyer's last game of the season?

They are the same player, basically. I'm more interested in rooting out contradictions at this point, because the actual debate is futile.

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Well fitz had a great season other than the last game meltdown, far better than any of the dreck we have seen the last 7 or 8 years here.  He was 5-1 down the stretch before the last game and our offense looked like a real offense for a change.  And because if you are going to use that last game metric then realize that hoyers last game was far worse than  the terrible one fitz had.

The jets are quite obviously in a holding pattern re qb now.  The long term starter for this team is not on the roster yet, so the front office plan as it should be is to retain the guy who had a good season last year and was a good leader despite his flaws.  The team knows him, the team likes him.  If Fitz sticks to his contract demands whatever they may be he will be gone and the jets move to the next option,

The jets front office and gm are playing this perfectly  at this point in time.

I will guarantee you one thing, all of next season this forum will be beefing back and forth about QB no matter who the chosen one is,  None of this will change for our fan base until the team goes and gets a young starter who is a true prospect.

getting closer ?..

~ ~ Weeden's re-signing is further evidence that the Texans and incumbent starting quarterback Brian Hoyer are headed for a divorce, as NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported earlier this week. With Brock Osweiler entrenched as the QB1, Hoyer and Houston's brass are in lockstep with the idea that a fresh start is in order.Weeden's contract numbers suggest he will back up Osweiler, with 2014 fourth-round pick Tom Savage remaining in the developmental role.

With four quarterbacks and gadget player B.J. Daniels under contract, interested teams are likely to await Hoyer's release rather than offering up a late-round draft pick. The sharks are circling, waiting for an experienced starting quarterback to be jettisoned.

rest of above article : 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000649739/article/brandon-weeden-signs-twoyear-4m-deal-with-texans

Hoyer > Fitz, and it's not even close.

If we go with any of these three mutts at QB, price is the determining factor for me.  I think we get the same results with any of them as a place-holder for Petty or a newly drafted QB.  Although they are talking about Petty competing for the back-up spot, I think there is a good chance he sees the field as a starter at some point in 2016.  It is difficult to believe that Petty is not capable of delivering similar or better performance as the three amigos of QB mediocrity. 

Archived