Cardale Jones

redman81

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He lost the starting job mainly because he wasn't as good a fit as barrett. Jones ended up throwing more and completing more passes than Barrett this year. 

Not saying I love Jones but he has immense talent as a pocket qb. He isn't a scrambler like most here assume.  

With that said,  he's a big time project and shouldn't be taken before late 3rd/4th round. 

Agree, he did not fit the system as well as JT and the OC that modified the system to better fit Cardale became the HC at Houston after the Champtionship so Cardale was starting all over again but I just really expected him to take the next step, not sure why he did not, would question his desire, not his brains or his heart, kid was a great team player for the Buckeyes

Good Saturday pick and FWIW I would take Jones before Hackenberg based on the BIG10 games I have watched...

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

But we should be taking Paxton Lynch at 20?

Lol

Nah. But using a pick on a guy who threw 200 passes in college and was benched on an all star team generally qualifies as a waste of a draft pick.

19 hours ago, cant wait said:

I don't think he's as dumb as people are making him out to be, the kid is just raw and he needs a lot of work. He only threw 270 passes in 3 years at Ohio state

I love Cardale's arm and size, but the more you read about him and the more he speaks, the more I've come to realize that he's an outright eggplant of a human.

21 hours ago, King P said:

He's really not. But of course, people have no problem slapping the "low IQ" label on Black QBs. It never fails

Cardale Jones had an above average wonderlic score.  Paxton Lynch had a below average wonderlic score.  But Cardale is seen as the dumb one.  I wonder why . . . 

18 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I don't remember anyone saying Newton or Winston were dumb.  They're saying Jones is dumb.  Why?  well the OP, while defending his intelligence, tells you why he's got the "dumb" rep.  He got poor grades and stated, "classes are useless".  Which is a pretty dumb thing to say if you ask me, considering how many people, black, white, or otherwise, would kill for a full ride to college.

You missed the best quote from Jones: "we ain't come to play school".  He clearly wasn't recruited for his intellectual prowess. 

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Cardale Jones had an above average wonderlic score.  Paxton Lynch had a below average wonderlic score.  But Cardale is seen as the dumb one.  I wonder why . . . 

Jones was 25.  That's not above average. 

It is 7 points higher then lynch. 

Jones sounds like an idiot when he talks. Has nothing to do with the color of his skin. 

20 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Jones sounds like an idiot when he talks. Has nothing to do with the color of his skin. 

So does Lynch.  And not only does Lynch sound like an idiot, his Wonderlic score shows that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

You also have no idea what you're talking about (as usual).  The average Wonderlic score for a QB is 24.  Cardale scored higher than that and scored seven points higher than Lynch, which is a lot. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/average-nfl-wonderlic-scores-by-position-slideshow/03-photo-1377037844934.html

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Nah. But using a pick on a guy who threw 200 passes in college and was benched on an all star team generally qualifies as a waste of a draft pick.

And Matt Cassel had a better pro career than the guy he held a clipboard for at USC.  Brady was benched at Michigan btw

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

No he doesn't.  Every interview I've seen him he sounded fairly articulate 

Jones and Lynch are both spread qb's with the exact same potential as boom/bust.  Only Jones is available in rd 3 and Lynch we have to trade up for.

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Which all start team was that?

He was benched on a team that was a total mess and had 3 legitimate QBs that were options as starting QB.

Brady has rings and can't even put the proper pressure in a football..

Brady has 4 Super Bowl rings.

You still have the Vette from 1969?

Who was the lucky gal in the backseat, if there was one?

No one on the board deserves a a Jets Super Bowl more than you, hope you get one!

23 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

He already has a demerit coming from an Urban Meyer system, but to actually be benched? I dont know but if it was up to me I'd pick him up as an UDRFA. 

Jones definitely has a lot of problems to over come before he  even slightly resembles an NFL starting QB.  Totally agree.

With that said IMO some one will roll the dice on him during the draft.  Kid has a great deal of talent.  Maybe someone can draw it out of him...............Maybe not 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Jones definitely has a lot of problems to over come before he is even slightly resembles an NFL starting QB.  Totally agree.

With that said IMO some one will roll the dice on him during the draft.  Kid has a great deal of talent.  Maybe someone can draw it out of him...............Maybe not 

Sure, someone will. I doubt in the 2nd/3rd round though. I'd be surprised if the 4th round started and Jones was already off the board. 

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I agree.  I missed the 2nd or 3rd round part..

I probably didnt say it recently, but thats been my stance. I think Jones staying in College hurt him. He had a better opportunity after winning the National Title last year for a team to take a chance on him last year in the 2nd/3rd round. I dont think this past year helped his stock. 

Im not a fan, I dont think bad about him....I just dont see anything that really makes me feel like I would even want him. Kinda like Bryce Petty last year. I wasnt a fan of him either. 

On April 23, 2016 at 3:22 PM, redman81 said:

Question for you guys. Let's say hypothetically that all the top QBs are gone by the time Jets pick and that they don't trade up for Lynch or something. Would you be against taking Jones in the 2nd or 3rd and seeing if he could turn into anything in the NFL. He def has the arm strength and some agility in the pocket, but the question would come down to his football IQ and if anyone can help him in that department. Could be a long shot, but might be worth a look if anyone they really want goes before any of their picks.

Jones is worst than Geno. Is this answer your question.

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I probably didnt say it recently, but thats been my stance. I think Jones staying in College hurt him. He had better opportunity after winning the National Title last year for a team to take a chance on him last year in the 2nd/3rd round. I dont think this past year helped his stock. 

Im not a fan, I dont think bad about him....I just dont see anything that really makes me feel like I would even want him. Kinda like Bryce Petty last year. I wasnt a fan of him either. 

It sure did, he was the hottest item in the country after the National Championship game.  If he came out he might have been an early 1st rounder.

Thing is, he couldn't come out.  He was a true Sophomore.   

this thread is gold, Jerry 

as for the value of Cardale Jones he's worth a 3rd round pick

QB values are jacked up. And teams are thirsty as hell. 

my prediction is that someone will use a top 100 pick on a guy with those rare physical gifts, who goes to a factory, just on four miracle games two years ago. 

Whether it's a good idea or not is a different discussion entirely. But if the Eagles can mortgage the future for Carson Wentz, maybe a 3rd rounder for Cardale Jones isn't the worst gamble. 

and for the record, no one is worse than Geno Smith. 

Archived