How many games will Geno Smith win as the Jets Starting QB in the 2016-2017 season, assuming Ryan Fitzpatrick does not return?

Terry

How many games will Geno Smith win as the Jets Starting QB in the 2016-2017 season, assuming Ryan Fitzpatrick does not return?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will Geno Smith win as the Jets Starting QB in the 2016-2017 season, assuming Ryan Fitzpatrick does not return?

It's fascinating to see the divergent opinions regarding Geno Smith.

And so, I'd like to take the temperature of the forum participants with the most basic of metrics.

Assuming Ryan Fitzpatrick does not return to the Jets, what will their record be with Geno Smith at the Helm.  Playoff wins, of course, will be included in the total.  By all means, make a reply to add context in how you think the season will play out with Geno under Center.  However, if you do post a response to the thread, please open your post with Geno Smith's expected overall record in the 2016-2017 season.

For example, assuming Fitzpatrick does not return, I predict that the Jets will garner 3 wins and 7 losses with Geno Smith as the Starting Quarterback - at which time, they will replace him.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the schedule this year, it's hard to see any current Jets QB lead team getting into the playoffs.

I've selected 4-6 wins with Geno. He's got all the tools, but he's a turnover machine. It's going to be a tough year. 

Classic Jets,good season, bad season, it's seem to be our pattern. Without good QB play it's hard to be consistent.

14 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Looking at the schedule this year, it's hard to see any current Jets QB lead team getting into the playoffs.

I've selected 4-6 wins with Geno. He's got all the tools, but he's a turnover machine. It's going to be a tough year. 

Classic Jets,good season, bad season, it's seem to be our pattern. Without good QB play it's hard to be consistent.

It's a common refrain in fandom, that oscillating between a good and a bad season is the result of a scheduling roller coaster from year to year.

Am I to assume that you believe he will be the starting QB for nearly all the games this season, assuming he is the opening day starter?  That might have been a good secondary question in the poll.

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Ok so the title of the thread is different than the Poll question. So I voted zero. If Geno Smith does start because Fitz does not sign maybe we win 4 or 5 games

Because the Jets win or lose the games not Geno Smith

I see, my apologies.

I will Edit the title to prevent further confusion.

Nevertheless, it is incumbent on the Quarterback, rightly or wrongly, to be the most visible and outspoken leader of the team - on and off the field.  Indelibly, Quarterbacks are attributed the records of their teams, regardless of their counting statistics which are regarded as less important than in other sports.  Since counting statistics are not as useful in Football to quantifying a Quarterback's worth, Win% becomes more influential in fan appraisal.  It may not be a determinant factor some of the time, but it's proven to be the determinant most of the time in Football.

Nobody blames Mike Trout for the struggles of the Los Angeles Angels.

The same will not be said for the QB of any Football team, regardless of how good he is.

9 minutes ago, Terry said:

I see, my apologies.

I will Edit the title to prevent further confusion.

Nevertheless, it is incumbent on the Quarterback, rightly or wrongly, to be the most visible and outspoken leader of the team - on and off the field.  Indelibly, Quarterbacks are attributed the records of their teams, regardless of their counting statistics which are regarded as less important than in other sports.  Since counting statistics are not as useful in Football to quantifying a Quarterback's worth, Win% becomes more influential in fan appraisal.  It may not be a determinant factor some of the time, but it's proven to be the determinant most of the time in Football.

Nobody blames Mike Trout for the struggles of the Los Angeles Angels.

The same will not be said for the QB of any Football team, regardless of how good he is.

Terry you don't have to apologize bro all is good :)

but when it comes to the QB on this website nothing else in the NFL matters.

I think the Jets can win 10 games this season and it has much to do with our division games. I think we go 4-2 in our division. Let me set up the scenario. 

Week 1 vs Cincy= Win! Many will disagree, especially if Geno's the QB given the hate, but think about this. We got blown out 49-9 during the last contest, however, the Jets have a record of 9-2 vs the Bengals going all the way back to 1992, they have a more recent record of 4-1 going back to 2008. Teams like Cincy and the Chargers the Jets have in recent history have not had a problem defeating. 

week 2 vs Buf=Win! 

week 3 vs KC= Win! 

week 4 vs Seattle=Loss!

Week 5 vs Pitt=Loss!

Week 6 vs Arizona=Loss!

Week 7 vs Ravens=Win! The Jets are to the Ravens like Cincy is to the Jets. The difference here? The Ravens have problems on both sides of the ball. Name their top 3 corners? Name their top 3 WR's? Name their RB corp? Sure, Justin Forsett had a really good season for them in 2014, but the Jets strength is being top 1 to 4 in the league at stopping the run. Are we to be nervous of Trent Richardson? We spread that defense out and we can beat them for sure. 

Week 8 vs Browns=Win!

So, after 8 weeks and the toughest part of our schedule behind us the Jets could realistically be 5-3 during the halfway mark. We lose to all of the teams that are at this point considered "better than us", The Jets pick up two huge AFC wins against Cincy and KC and now we're heading into the "race for the playoffs" come week 9. 

Week 9 vs Miami=Win! 

Week 10 vs Rams=Win!

Week 11=Bye. The Jets are 7-3 by the Bye. and is either in 1st place of their division or in 2nd behind the Patriots. 

Week 12 vs Pats=Loss! With control of the division on the line, the Jets once again lose to the Patriots and now the Pats have outright control over the division yet again. 

Week 13 vs Colts=Win! Lets be serious, The Colts only have Andrew Luck...and he doesnt play defense. The Colts can beat up on the AFC South all they want, that doesnt make them good. Andrew Luck has lost every game he's played against the Jets, and the trend will continue. 

Week 14 vs 49er's=Win! Blaine Gabbert? 

Week 15 vs Dolphins= Win! We sweep the dolphins again. 

Week 16 vs Patriots=Win! Not only do we split the season against the Pats, but we beat them in their building. Sweet!

Week 17 vs Bills=Loss! I dont see us sweeping the Bills, however I dont see the Bills sweeping the Jets again. We split this season. 

This is an 11-5 Jets record folks along with the Jets going 4-2 in the division. Anyone thinking that this is "insane" then cool, you can put the KC game as a loss, but please explain it. That will still leave the Jets with a 10-6 record. 

Geno Smith and the Jets can win 10-11 games this year based on team talent and the schedule and could actually make the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think the Jets can win 10 games this season and it has much to do with our division games. I think we go either 5-1 or 4-2 in our division. Let me set up the scenario. 

Week 1 vs Cincy= Win! Many will disagree, especially if Geno's the QB given the hate, but think about this. We got blown out 49-9 during the last contest, however, the Jets have a record of 9-2 vs the Bengals going all the way back to 1992, they have a more recent record of 4-1 going back to 2008. Teams like Cincy and the Chargers the Jets have in recent history have not had a problem defeating. 

week 2 vs Buf=Win! 

week 3 vs KC= Win! 

week 4 vs Seattle=Loss!

Week 5 vs Pitt=Loss!

Week 6 vs Arizona=Loss!

Week 7 vs Ravens=Win! The Jets are to the Ravens like Cincy is to the Jets. The difference here? The Ravens have problems on both sides of the ball. Name their top 3 corners? Name their top 3 WR's? Name their RB corp? Sure, Justin Forsett had a really good season for them in 2014, but the Jets strength is being top 1 to 4 in the league in stopping the run. Are we to be nervous of Trent Richardson? We spread that defense out and we can beat them for sure. 

Week 8 vs Browns=Win!

So, after 8 weeks and the toughest part of our schedule behind us the Jets could realistically be 5-3 during the halfway mark. We lose to all of the teams that are at this point considered "better than us", The Jets pick up two huge AFC wins against Cincy and KC and now we're heading into the "race for the playoffs" come week 9. 

Week 9 vs Miami=Win! 

Week 10 vs Rams=Win!

Week 11=Bye. The Jets are 7-3 by the Bye. and is either in 1st place of their division or in 2nd behind the Patriots. 

Week 12 vs Pats=Loss! With the control of the division on the line, the Jets once again lose to the Patriots and now the Pats have outright control over the division yet again. 

Week 13 vs Colts=Win! Lets be serious, The Colts only have Andrew Luck...and he doesnt play defense. The Colts can beat up on the AFC South all he wants, that doesnt make them good. Andrew Luck has lost every game he's played against the Jets, and the trend will continue. 

Week 16 vs Patriots=Win! Not only do we split the season against the Pats, but we beat them in their building. Sweet!

Week 17 vs Bills=Loss! I dont see us sweeping the Bills, however I dont see the Bills sweeping the Jets again. We split this season. 

This is an 11-5 Jets record folks along with the Jets going 4-2 in the division. Anyone thinking that this is "insane" then cool, you can put the KC game as a loss, but please explain it. That will still leave the Jets with a 10-6 record. 

Geno Smith and the Jets can win 10-11 games this year based on team talent and the schedule and could actually make the playoffs. 

Cincy is a 2 TD loss, regardless of QB.

KC is a 10 point loss, regardless of QB.

The rest is marginally possible.

1 hour ago, Terry said:

It's a common refrain in fandom, that oscillating between a good and a bad season is the result of a scheduling roller coaster from year to year.

Am I to assume that you believe he will be the starting QB for nearly all the games this season, assuming he is the opening day starter?  That might have been a good secondary question in the poll.

Should the Jets get out of contention early, I expect Geno pulled then we blood Hack or Petty. If we are in the hunt then Geno will play all the games, baring injury.

Since I have low expectations for Geno, I expect he will be pulled for one of the younger guys as the season slips. 

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'd bet outcomes, I'm not giving you those kind of spreads if there's consequences.

I bet that the outcome of those games wont be the point differential you state. I think the Jets can win both games, however, if they lose I dont believe that the Bengals will win by 14 or more points and I dont believe that KC will win by 10 or more points. 

The only consequence is saying that the other person was right. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So glad to have a topic to talk about Geno.  Thank god

You know you like it. You even talk about Geno under your own avatar name. Thats how much you think about Geno. And because of that your very presence talks about Geno Smith. 

Thats funny when you think about it. 

If Fitz who never won more than 6 games in a single season during his 11 year career can win 10 win this team, I dont see any reason why Geno Smith who won 8 games as a rookie on the worst team ever assembled cant win 10-12 games.  

That said, 6-8 sounds about right because the schedule is brutal.

First of all, this is NOT a good season for the NYJ to begin with. I cannot remember many years recently where the Jets had as hard of a schedule. Based purely on the strength of the schedule, I do not believe regardless of who the QB is that this team would not win more than 6 games.

But with Geno things stand to be far worse. Geno is an idiot with the football. He takes stupid sacks. He runs out of bounds where he shouldn't. He carries the ball like a loaf of bread. His accuracy goes awry. But most of all he does NOT elevate the play of the rest of the team.

Those factors will make the season even worse I estimate by about two games.

So assuming Fitz started? I figure about 6 wins at best. With Geno about 4 wins is their peak.

Bottom line is the rest of the team needs to be much more talented than they currently are. They need WR's, TE's, OL, ST players. They are just missing a lot of pieces and Mac did almost NOTHING to close that gap during the last draft. It's going to be bad season Jets fans, get ready for it.

I rounded to the nearest 0.5 wins per game, as the likelihood of a win. Divisional games I'm just calculating the likely % of both together; if I think we split, then it's 0.5 and 0.5 regardless of which is the earlier/later or home/away game. 0.5 and 1 means I think one we definitely win, with a 50/50 shot at sweeping; 0.5 and 0 the opposite:

With Geno:

1. 0 CIN
  2. 0.5 @Buf
  3. 0 @KC
  4. 0 SEA
  5. 0 @Pit
  6. 0 @Ari
  7. 0.5 BAL
  8. 1 @Cle
  9. 0.5 @Mia
  10. 0.5 RAMS
  11. bye
  12. 0.5 NE
  13. 0.5 IND
  14. 1 @SF
  15. 0.5 MIA
  16. 0 @NE
  17. BUF

Total = 6* wins with Geno, but even that seems unlikely (hence the *), because if we get out to a 1-6 or 3-7 start I think he gets benched at the bye at the latest, unless both Petty and Hackenberg are completely useless. But yeah, if neither can take the field or if Bowles does his own "Geno gives us the best chance to win" thing, even after we're all but mathematically eliminated and he starts all 16 games, I see a good chance for a 1-6 start, then 3-7 at the bye, then after we're eliminated, we win 3 of the last 6 (as yet again, Geno's #s rise dramatically in meaningless post-bye games as the season closes out, and we get to see neither Petty nor Hackenberg in live action heading into 2017 lol).

Also note, winning half of those last 6 will drop us from contending for the #1 pick with a sure thing QB there for the taking, and we'll instead pick around #10. If we DO "tank" the rest of the season after that crappola start (even if not purposeful tanking, after switching to Petty/Hackenberg), and finish with the #1 pick, then there won't be any worthwhile QB projected in the top 10-15 outright. Of course.

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I bet that the outcome of those games wont be the point differential you state. I think the Jets can win both games, however, if they lose I dont believe that the Bengals will win by 14 or more points and I dont believe that KC will win by 10 or more points. 

The only consequence is saying that the other person was right. 

Haha... I'm pretty confident about CIN, less so, about KC.

But, if the only consequence is acknowledgement, well then you're on MFer!!!!

43 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think the Jets can win 10 games this season and it has much to do with our division games. I think we go 4-2 in our division. Let me set up the scenario. 

week 2 vs Buf=Win! 

week 3 vs KC= Win! 

week 4 vs Seattle=Loss!

Week 5 vs Pitt=Loss!

Week 6 vs Arizona=Loss!

Week 7 vs Ravens=Win! The Jets are to the Ravens like Cincy is to the Jets. The difference here? The Ravens have problems on both sides of the ball. Name their top 3 corners? Name their top 3 WR's? Name their RB corp? Sure, Justin Forsett had a really good season for them in 2014, but the Jets strength is being top 1 to 4 in the league at stopping the run. Are we to be nervous of Trent Richardson? We spread that defense out and we can beat them for sure. 

Week 8 vs Browns=Win!

Week 9 vs Miami=Win! 

Week 10 vs Rams=Win!

Week 12 vs Pats=Loss! With control of the division on the line, the Jets once again lose to the Patriots and now the Pats have outright control over the division yet again. 

Week 13 vs Colts=Win! Lets be serious, The Colts only have Andrew Luck...and he doesnt play defense. The Colts can beat up on the AFC South all they want, that doesnt make them good. Andrew Luck has lost every game he's played against the Jets, and the trend will continue. 

LOL. They likely will not win even half that amount. Geno just exacerbates an already bad schedule. They'd a few more games with Fitz. Geno SUCKS.

Continuing above; for completeness, predictions with Fitz:

1. 0 CIN
  2. 0.5 @Buf
  3. 0 @KC
  4. 0 SEA
  5. 0.5 @Pit
  6. 0 @Ari
  7. 0.5 BAL
  8. 1 @Cle
  9. 1 @Mia
  10. 0.5 RAMS
  11. bye
  12. 0.5 @NE
  13. 0.5 IND
  14. 1 @SF
  15. 1 MIA
  16. 0.5 @NE
  17. 0 BUF

Total = 7.5 wins.

Obviously not exact, since I'm not literally predicting a tie game. Further, I expect at least one surprise upset win and/or letdown, but I think they cancel within a half a game after the dust settles. So if I was to throw in another total half-win to full win against Cincy, KC, etc, I'd also bump down up a preseason "win" most are already counting against Baltimore or Indy, into a sure trap-game loss, or maybe we only split with Miami. Either way I see us finishing at 7-9 or 8-8, with a possible but less finish at either 6-10 or 9-7.

So individual surprise results (good or bad) notwithstanding, with the post above, I think this is about where we end up total for with either of them. In fairness, as things appear today, this would be a tough schedule where 11 wins would be very difficult even if we had a true top 10 QB (that we most certainly don't have). All of this is barring future news like significant injuries, acquisitions, blah blah blah. We're in early June.

I really wanted to go with 9 or 10. But I'm gonna go with 8.

I really think if he gets the nod as starter, Geno is perfectly set up to succeed. I think he will play better than he ever has, which I guess is not saying much, but good enough to win games and be the starter all season. But b/c of the schedule and b/c it may take some time for Geno to develop chemistry with some of the new teammates (players he never actually led as a starting QB), I think he will end up winning 8 games as Jets starter and, alas, the Jets will miss the playoffs again and end up with selections somewhere in the middle of the draft (pick 14-18).  

7 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

LOL. They likely will not win even half that amount. Geno just exacerbates an already bad schedule. They'd a few more games with Fitz. Geno SUCKS.

How about putting your pride where your mouth is? You said that Geno would win only 4 games at his peak. I'll bet that if Geno does start this season that he'll have more than 4 wins. 

The wager? Changing our avatar's. If Geno wins more than 4 games you have to change your avatar picture to Geno Smith and above the pick state "owned by Geno". 

If Geno wins 4 or less games then you let me know what my avatar and message should be. Avatars must stay active until the end of the Superbowl. 

You talk alot of crap, lets make this bet then if you're that confident that the max the Jets can go with Geno is a 4-12 record. 

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

week 2 vs Buf=Win! 

week 3 vs KC= Win! 

week 4 vs Seattle=Loss!

Week 5 vs Pitt=Loss!

Week 6 vs Arizona=Loss!

Week 8 vs Browns=Win!

Week 9 vs Miami=Win! 

Week 10 vs Rams=Win!

I kind of agree with you. It may seem crazy, but even with Geno at the hemlm, I think the Jets can win10, maybe even 11 games. Now, I put 8 games. But I'm just being very conservative. Your senario has the Jets winning pretty much ALL of the 'winnable' or 'easy' games, which doesnt always happen. I could easily see a Rams defense come in and play lights out and steal a game. 

But if we are going to be optimistic with the schedule, your scenario could very well work out. I would also add that even if you want to say that we lose to KC, the Jets coudl very well beat Pitt. I think thats the one 'tough' game that will be up for grabs. Pitts defense is still a mess, and if the Jets can get to Big Ben, they can pull out a win. 

Just now, PepPep said:

I kind of agree with you. It may seem crazy, but even with Geno at the hemlm, I think the Jets can win10, maybe even 11 games. Now, I put 8 games. But I'm just being very conservative. Your senario has the Jets winning pretty much ALL of the 'winnable' or 'easy' games, which doesnt always happen. I could easily see a Rams defense come in and play lights out and steal a game. 

But if we are going to be optimistic with the schedule, your scenario could very well work out. I would also add that even if you want to say that we lose to KC, the Jets coudl very well beat Pitt. I think thats the one 'tough' game that will be up for grabs. Pitts defense is still a mess, and if the Jets can get to Big Ben, they can pull out a win. 

True. There's some games that can turn the other way. People are talking about how hard this schedule is, which imo is simply based on last years schedule. There are winnable games here. There are most certainly games that I dont expect the Jets to win. We have a horrible time playing the steelers...playing @ the Steelers makes it even worse. Seattle is an elite team and I think Wilson is a top 5 QB in this league. I also think that defensively Arizona can shut the Jets offense down while at the same time the Arizona offense being high-powered enough to still drop 27- 30 points on the Jets defense. 

All those other games the Jets have a legit chance of winning. 

Gailey will do wonders for Geno, and the Jets will be better off with the Geno scenario, over the Fitz one.

Below from last year, but the point remains, Geno can thrive...

www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/05/kordell_stewart_chan_gailey_right_coach_for_jets_g.html
--------

Kordell Stewart was one of the reasons head coach Todd Bowles brought Chan Gailey out of retirement to be the Jets' offensive coordinator this year.

Eighteen years ago, Gailey coordinated the offense for the Steelers, and Stewart was his quarterback. But instead of molding Stewart into something he wasn't—a traditional drop-back passer, in an era when everyone had to be a traditional drop-back passer—Gailey tailored the Steelers' offense to suit Stewart. It worked: The Steelers reached the AFC Championship Game that season, and their offense ranked sixth in DVOA, per Football Outsiders. They also did this even though Stewart had ranked in the middle of the pack as an efficient quarterback.

All these years later, Gailey's current challenge with the Jets and Geno Smith is similar. And even if Smith is not the same sort of quarterback Stewart was, Stewart is convinced Gailey can cook up a way to make Smith more effective.

"I guarantee you—I think Chan Gailey is going to put him in a position to make him understand himself," Stewart said in a phone interview. "He has one of the strongest arms in the league, and he has good feet. So there's no reason why he can't have success in the National Football League."

In '97, Stewart was a first-year starter who had spent two seasons with the Steelers in the hybrid quarterback/wide receiver role that earned him his nickname, "Slash." He was a gimmick used to throw teams off-balance. But once Stewart finally got his turn at quarterback full-time, Gailey built the offense around him, rather than the other way around.

Jets coach says Geno Smith 1st team QB—for now
Geno Smith’s starting quarterback job is “his to lose” says New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles. 
Stewart did throw 17 interceptions that year, and he only completed 53.6 percent of his passes. But he ranked 15th in DYAR, and he rushed for 476 yards. Tellingly, after Gailey left to become the head coach of the Cowboys in '98, Stewart mostly struggled. He did bounce back to have a Pro Bowl season in 2001, when he led the Steelers back to the AFC title game. But it was with Gailey that Stewart seemed to be at his most comfortable.

"I was running a system that revolved around my ability to make plays with my feet," Stewart said. "It was a traditional-style offense, with a mindset of understanding that we have somebody in the backfield that can run the football, too."

Smith isn't a run-first quarterback, but he did run a spread in college at West Virginia. Gailey's plan is to implement a spread-style system with the Jets—similar to what he ran when he was the head coach of the Bills from 2010-12, and Ryan Fitzpatrick was his quarterback. Fitzpatrick, incidentally, is now with the Jets competing with Smith to be the starter.

"It's just being able to get a system that fits his skills," Stewart said of Smith. ""You don't have to change him. He's not going to sit in the pocket all day like Tom Brady. He's not going to sit in the pocket all day like Peyton Manning. He needs to get the ball out of his hand quick. And how do you do that? You call a quick, three-step game. You call a quick, five-step game. Everybody is so enamored in the National Football League with guys having quick feet, to where now he's a mobile quarterback. He's not."

The '97 Steelers led the NFL in rushing (154.9 yards per game). They also had capable receivers, starting with Yancey Thigpen (17.7 yards per catch), and a future Hall of Fame running back in Jerome Bettis (1,665 rushing yards). They ranked seventh in scoring (23.3 points per game). They had an outstanding defense.

"I guarantee you—I think Chan Gailey is going to put him in a position to make him understand himself."
In 2013, when Smith was a rookie, his second-most-frequent target was David Nelson, who got cut last year. This offseason, the Jets traded for Brandon Marshall to go along with Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley, and they drafted a deep threat in Devin Smith.

Last year's Jets were third in the NFL in rushing (142.5 yards per carry), and their defense has the potential this season to be among the league's best. The X-factor, then, is going to be Smith, provided he doesn't get beaten out by Fitzpatrick in camp.

Transforming Smith into a success is going to be a tall order, obviously. He threw 34 interceptions in his two seasons, and not all of his struggles could be attributed to what the Jets lacked around him. Plenty of Smith's mistakes were of his own making. It's now Gailey's job to try to fix what's broken, and to get all he can out of Smith.

Gailey last week alluded to something that Stewart said helped make the '97 Steelers effective, and it dovetailed with a point Stewart mentioned repeatedly in our interview.

"You just adjust to what you have," Gailey said. "You set it up to where you become an execution-oriented offense and don't rely on the big play."

Stewart said the '97 Steelers' offense was built around getting first downs. The Steelers ranked tied for third in that category that year. The Jets last year under offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who had tried to mold Smith into his west-coast offense, ranked 25th in first downs (18.1).

"Be methodical, don't make mistakes, and just keep the chains moving," Stewart said. "Then what happens to your defense? They're rested. Worst-case scenario, you get three points. But I think the defense is good enough to cause the opposing team to come out of the game quick.

"Chan will emphasize, 'Just get first downs.' He don't care about nothing else. 'Get first downs, everything else will take care of itself.' That's how easy he made it for me. He makes the game easy. That's Chan Gailey's philosophy. It's simple. It worked."

Read more: http://newyorkjetshampur.com/thread/5867/put-name-on#ixzz4Ao7bNB2Z

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How about putting your pride where your mouth is? You said that Geno would win only 4 games at his peak. I'll bet that if Geno does start this season that he'll have more than 4 wins. 

The wager? Changing our avatar's. If Geno wins more than 4 games you have to change your avatar picture to Geno Smith and above the pick state "owned by Geno". 

If Geno wins 4 or less games then you let me know what my avatar and message should be. Avatars must stay active until the end of the Superbowl. 

You talk alot of crap, lets make this bet then if you're that confident that the max the Jets can go with Geno is a 4-12 record. 

MaineJet- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this bet. As a kicker, if you win, you can also give ME an avatar. Whatever you want. I'm throwing in my avatar as collateral. DO IT!!!!

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

MaineJet- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this bet. As a kicker, if you win, you can also give ME an avatar. Whatever you want. I'm throwing in my avatar as collateral. DO IT!!!!

I dont know.  @Mainejet has yet to respond. 

I really hope he takes this bet. Lets see how much he believes the craziness he talks. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know.  @Mainejet has yet to respond. 

I really hope he takes this bet. Lets see how much he believes the craziness he talks. 

I think he is typing up a reply with a variety of different reasons why he doesn;t have to take this bet. I'm not a huge Geno fan, but I'm also not a huge Fitz fan. And both players have had a history that shows promise as well as reasons for doubt. Geno just happens to be the cheaper, younger option thats actually a NYJet and I think more fans shoudl support him as this is a great opportunity for him to step up. Whether or not he does, is an entirely different question- but we really don;t know until we see him play.  

Archived