Bowles takes the guys out.

Patriot Killa

But what about Dave and Busters....?

FLORHAM PARK -- David Harris had one request all offseason. Ask his Jets teammates, and it's practically all the veteran linebacker talked about during organized team activities and minicamp.

He wanted a movie night. At someone's house, the team facility, a theatre. Wherever. It didn't matter. Just make it happen.

On Wednesday, it did. Jets coach Todd Bowles rented out a theatre in Morris County, loaded up his 90-man roster, and gave them a night of rest and relaxation in the middle of training camp.

"David just kept pushing and pushing and pushing for it," linebacker Taiwan Jones said. "Finally coach gave in."

The way it worked was simple: Players got to choose either the Jason Bourne movie, or Suicide Squad. With Bourne having been released last week, most squeezed in to catch the latest superhero flick from D.C. Comics.

Starring Will Smith and Jared Leto, Suicide Squad is based around a secret government agency that recruits imprisoned supervillains to carry out black ops missions and save the world. Critics have given the film mixed reviews . Jones' take?

"It was bad. Like really bad," he said. "There was just way too much going on. The storyline wasn't good. The acting could have been better. But, then again, maybe that's because I'm not a big fan of superhero movies. I've never seen Batman, Superman. I think I saw the first Spider-Man, but that's it."

While Jones wasn't a fan of the film, he did like the night out with his teammates. He'll take any chance to build chemistry, because chemistry leads to wins.

But for the next team outing, he's got a suggestion:

"Bowling," Jones said. "I wish we would have went bowling. I like that. One of my favorite hobbies."

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He's never seen Batman? People that have never seen a Batman movie exist? 

It makes me sick too, but there are people who actually think Spider-Man is better than Batman.

23 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

It makes me sick too, but there are people who actually think Spider-Man is better than Batman.

Unless you are talking bout the Ben Affleck version of Batman, then every other "Superhero" is better.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Unless you are talking bout the Ben Affleck version of Batman, then every other "Superhero" is better.

Haha haven't seen that one yet. Heard mixed reviews. As far as im concerned, Batman>Superman>Spidey.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

My two cents?  Bowles should have rented out a local strip joint and given each player/coach/staff member (no pun) $100 in singles.

Lol ... You seen the girls in Morris County ?!?!? ... Quarters may have been more appropriate !

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only person on the planet who finds super hero movies boring.

I've been dragged to one or two of those things over the years but couldn't imagine looking forward to any of them.

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I've been dragged to one or two of those things over the years but couldn't imagine looking forward to any of them.

Batman's a classic and the reboot with Ledger is too...but other than that just not my cup of tea I guess. Spiderman was OK.

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only person on the planet who finds super hero movies boring.

I was really into comic books as a kid. Back then I would have loved all of the superhero movies that have been coming out lately. 

These days I have zero interest in them.

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I was really into comic books as a kid. Back then I would have loved all of the superhero movies that have been coming out lately. 

These days I have zero interest in them.

this is the only Batman, until he stars in one I won't go see it.

adam-west-batman.jpg

Archived