Fitz Rated 25th out of 33 NFL QB's

peekskill68

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Tannehill is a mentally weak qb.  You guys who think he's better than Fitz oh boy you are wrong.

Why, cuz stats don't matter, yet Fitz' 31 TDs makes 2015 the best season a Jets QB ever had, albeit against the league worst passing Ds? Tannehill is the better QB. He's still young and has room for growth. Fitz doesn't. Sorry, I'm not using my green goggles on Fitz. 

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Fitz is ranked perfectly. His success is directly linked to his offensive weapons. He isn't bad,  he isn't great but he is good enough. And as jets fan that's better than what we've got in a while.  

That pretty much sums it up.No one here is arguing that he's elite or good enough to carry a team, just that he's the best option we have right now so let's hope for the best. Personally, I choose to believe that Forte is going to be a difference maker. I lot of those picks from forcing balls to the outside last year I hope will be checkdowns to Forte this year. If Amaro can take a step forward that's gravy, although many here have stated Chan doesn't utilize TEs as pass catchers much. Maybe he just never had a good one. I don't really remember much about those buffalo teams from those days.

8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Bradford, and RGIII >>>>>>>>> Fitz

Nah.  Bradford is the mush. He's an egg shell with zero heart.  I'd take Fitz 100x over him.  RGIII has a lot to prove.

Fitz isnt a great QB but I do love his competitive fire and passion for the game.  I think from a leadership perspective, players respect that and as a Head Coach, you have to appreciate when you have a guy like Fitz that's will to put it all on the line.  

You aint getting that with Bradford and RGIII. 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

"  They ended up signing him for $12 million, which, by the way, ranks 23rd in average-per-year among quarterbacks. "

Not overpaid. Especially on a one-year deal.

And several of the QB's behind him (Carr, Bortles, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz) are on their rookie deals, and some of them will be making a lot more than Fitz ever did.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

That pretty much sums it up.No one here is arguing that he's elite or good enough to carry a team, just that he's the best option we have right now so let's hope for the best. Personally, I choose to believe that Forte is going to be a difference maker. I lot of those picks from forcing balls to the outside last year I hope will be checkdowns to Forte this year. If Amaro can take a step forward that's gravy, although many here have stated Chan doesn't utilize TEs as pass catchers much. Maybe he just never had a good one. I don't really remember much about those buffalo teams from those days.

In 2012 Scott Chandler Had 43 Rec, 571 Yards, 6 TD's  Avg. 13.3 Yards per catch in 15 games.

Sign me up for Amaro getting those numbers right now. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And several of the QB's behind him (Carr, Bortles, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz) are on their rookie deals, and some of them will be making a lot more than Fitz ever did.

How does Carr, Winston, and Bortles rank behind Fitz?  All 3 are twice the QB Fitz is now, has been, or ever will be.  I think Winston threw for like 4000 yards last year more then Fitzy.  So he is more like 28 out of 33 QB's, and one could make the case that backups like Jimmy G, Chase Daniel, are also better then him.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

stop with this bullsh*t already. Fitz is the Jets QB get used to it and stop the bitching and complaining. This sh*t is getting really old

Sorry you don't like the idea of Fitz being beat by Geno. 

40 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No he isn't...and still Fitz's back-up, just like last year.

Yes he is. And he's a backup only because Fitz accomplished to beat a bunch of crappy teams with even worst Ds while getting his sh*t handed to him by half decent teams. 

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Yes he is. And he's a backup only because Fitz accomplished to beat a bunch of crappy teams with even worst Ds while getting his sh*t handed to him by half decent teams. 

Right...that's why he's the starter.

Geno inching ever so closely to surpassing Brett Ratliff as the best pre-season QB in team history.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This has nothing to do with Geno.  

You wish.

The reason Fitz is the starter is because Fitz is ranked 25th, i.e. Fitz is better than other NFL #1 QB's.

Tell us, had Geno been handed the job (i.e. Fitz not signed), where would you say Geno would have come on this list?

Exactly.  

Fitz is a mid-20's rated QB getting mid-20's appropriate pay.  Sounds fine to me.  If he blows it, we'll see Geno.  As it should be.

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

We would all love for Geno to beat Fitz but it's just an idea. A fantasy you fanboys have created in your minds and will not let go of.

The adults have moved on from the Geno idea after bearing witness to the real Geno for two years.

Fitz is a pro and can guide the team well until a franchise QB steps up to take it from him. Hopefully that guy is on the team, but it's far from likely that it's Geno. 

Just now, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Do we really need another "Fitz vs Geno" thread?

Better get used to it, as this will be the primary narrative of 2016 all year long.

When Fitz plays, Geno fans will be relentless in their criticism of him.  Which will inevitably incite comparisons to Geno, our only other option this year.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Better get used to it, as this will be the primary narrative of 2016 all year long.

When Fitz plays, Geno fans will be relentless in their criticism of him.  Which will inevitably incite comparisons to Geno, our only other option this year.  

It goes both ways though. If Geno somehow plays, every mistake he makes will make fans go "Same ol Geno". 

Point is, everybody is acting like their side is innocent.

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Fitz has never been beat by Geno.

All off-season we had to endure this Fitz v. Geno debate. It's over. The coaching staff and front office made the call. 

All off-season Geno fans demanded promises that if Geno became the starter that everybody would fall in line behind them. Nobody said otherwise. Yet now the same group of people can't do the same. There's no more argument. Fitz is the starter. Period. You can't rewrite what has happened and what is happening to satisfy your fandom.

It goes both ways though. If Geno somehow plays, every mistake he makes will make fans go "Same ol Geno". 

Because it would be "same old Geno".  

To not be "same old" you'd have to have actually had some success, Geno hasn't.

And mistakes (especially costly ones or turnovers) would nullify the primary argument of Geno supporters, that "with this talent" if we "just give him a chance" and "see what we have in him", he'd be a DIFFERENT Geno Smith.

Fitz supports know exactly what Fitz is generally.  The 25th ranked QB, a journeyman, a mediocre guy whose primary skills are leadership, mentoring our future QB's, and holding down the fort with a base-level of competitiveness till Hack is ready (if he's ever ready).  We expect him to do whats on the tin, provide the "best chance" at the playoffs this year of the QB's on our roster, and if he fails, he should and will be benched for it.  We're under no illusions as to who and what Fitz is.  If he blows chunks this year, I doubt many of us who preferred Fitz will be overly surprised.

But yes, this debate isn't going anywhere this year.  We'll be lucky if we're not still hammering it about this time next year, even after/if Geno is cast aside.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because it would be "same old Geno".  

To not be "same old" you'd have to have actually had some success, Geno hasn't.

And mistakes (especially costly ones or turnovers) would nullify the primary argument of Geno supporters, that "with this talent" if we "just give him a chance" and "see what we have in him", he'd be a DIFFERENT Geno Smith.

Fitz supports know exactly what Fitz is generally.  The 25th ranked QB, a journeyman, a mediocre guy whose primary skills are leadership, mentoring our future QB's, and holding down the fort with a base-level of competitiveness till Hack is ready (if he's ever ready).  We expect him to do whats on the tin, provide the "best chance" at the playoffs this year of the QB's on our roster, and if he fails, he should and will be benched for it.  We're under no illusions as to who and what Fitz is.  If he blows chunks this year, I doubt many of us who preferred Fitz will be overly surprised.

But yes, this debate isn't going anywhere this year.  We'll be lucky if we're not still hammering it about this time next year, even after/if Geno is cast aside.

But if he's mostly playing solid, what excuse is there? 

It's not that hard to understand. If Geno makes mistakes but is generally improving, people will still find ways to discredit. 

It's not that hard to understand. If Geno makes mistake but is generally improving, people will still find ways to discredit. 

Because we have Geno fans who will call a 29-9, 2 INT (1 for opponent TD), 250 yard passing loss evidence of his "improving".

Then they'll blame Marshall for being a flake, Decker for being obsessed with his reality TV wife, call Amaro a bust, Forte too old, and claim we really shoulda given Geno more talent so he could have that "fair chance" people always like to bring up.

Sorry, but no.

Just now, Warfish said:

Because we have Geno fans who will call a 29-9, 2 INT (1 for opponent TD), 250 yard passing loss evidence of his "improving".

Then they'll blame Marshall for being a flake, Decker for being obsessed with his reality TV wife, call Amaro a bust, Forte too old, and claim we really shoulda given Geno more talent so he could have that "fair chance" people always like to bring up.

Sorry, but no.

I find that hypocritical. In the Buffalo game, Fitz threw 3 picks. People were quick to say the whole team sucked that game.

But Geno gets blamed for the Raiders game? The defense was getting spanked by the Raiders. The score would have been 27-34 if a reciever didn't drop a pass. So let's not do this.

3 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

I find that hypocritical. In the Buffalo game, Fitz threw 3 picks. People were quick to say the whole team sucked that game.

But Geno gets blamed for the Raiders game? The defense was getting spanked by the Raiders. The score would have been 27-34 if a reciever didn't drop a pass. So let's not do this.

What can be done with ease is remember the two years Geno started and the one year Fitz started.  Then you know why Fitz is the starting QB and why he will be the starting QB unless he gets injured.  There is no longer an argument over Geno - Fitz, there is no more Geno Vs. Fitz.  Its over 

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

What can be done with ease is remember the two years Geno started and the one year Fitz started.  Then you know why Fitz is the starting QB and why he will be the starting QB unless he gets injured.  There is no longer an argument over Geno - Fitz, there is no more Geno Vs. Fitz.  Its over 

I'm not arguing Fitz vs Geno. This started because Warfish thought there was only Geno "lovers" and not the other way around. But if Geno is doing much better, people would still bash him.

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You wish.

The reason Fitz is the starter is because Fitz is ranked 25th, i.e. Fitz is better than other NFL #1 QB's.

Tell us, had Geno been handed the job (i.e. Fitz not signed), where would you say Geno would have come on this list?

Exactly.  

Fitz is a mid-20's rated QB getting mid-20's appropriate pay.  Sounds fine to me.  If he blows it, we'll see Geno.  As it should be.

I wish? 

The article was all about Fitz.  

Some of you can't discuss Fitz without the, he's better than Geno fall back.  So I don't have a clue what you need me to tell you.  Geno didn't start last season, has never played a game under this CS or with this roster.  I can't be like you and just make shlt up as it suits your angle of the day. 

39 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol, put up that kettle/pot image.  

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I wish? 

The article was all about Fitz.  

Some of you can't discuss Fitz without the, he's better than Geno fall back.  So I don't have a clue what you need me to tell you.  Geno didn't start last season, has never played a game under this CS or with this roster.  I can't be like you and just make shlt up as it suits your angle of the day. 

Heads up dude, the Geno haters are gonna reply to your "Geno has never played under this CS" comment and bring up the Raiders game. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Sorry, but no.

BTW, thanks for hijacking a Fitz thread and turning it into a hate fest for Geno and those you posters you think are Geno fans

10 hours ago, j4jets said:

Why, cuz stats don't matter, yet Fitz' 31 TDs makes 2015 the best season a Jets QB ever had, albeit against the league worst passing Ds? Tannehill is the better QB. He's still young and has room for growth. Fitz doesn't. Sorry, I'm not using my green goggles on Fitz. 

I'm not a homer if Tannehill was actually good I would admit it.  He's not he's a stat guy who can't win and doesn't respond well to adversity.

Tannehill is a worse deep ball thrower than Fitz in spite of having a better arm.  That's why Mike Wallace had to leave Miami.  Mike Wallace's yards per catch went from 21.0 and 16.6 in '10-'11 with Roethlusberger to 12.7 and 12.9 in his two seasons with Captain Checkdown

1 hour ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Because the whole team, INCLUDING FITZ, did suck.  Can't be more clear than that.

But Geno gets blamed for the Raiders game?

Not by me.

The defense was getting spanked by the Raiders. The score would have been 27-34 if a reciever didn't drop a pass. So let's not do this.

You'll have to take this up with whomever made that argument.

Archived