Amaro

k-met57

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, win4ever said:

This is one of the few cuts that I can't wrap my mind around.  Amaro by no standards is a stud, and he has his issues.  However, how did Kellen Davis make the team over him?

Amaro blew a couple of blocking assignments, but Davis is just useless.  

Amaro is bad

couple guys were just brought in ... Hopefully Davis is shown the door as well

8 minutes ago, ljr said:

Amaro is bad

couple guys were just brought in ... Hopefully Davis is shown the door as well

I don't have as much a problem with kicking Amaro out, he really seemed like a big WR, and nothing more.  Since we have Enunwa, he was a backup for us.  I just find it weird that Davis is on the team because he's not a great blocker, and he's a horrible pass catcher.  Given the choice of keeping Amaro in a vacuum, I'm ok with moving on, but given a choice between him and Davis, I don't see how Davis won.   

Parker, the guy who we bought in to replace Amaro actually compared himself to Amaro in the past.  

More than anything, I'm just shocked Davis is on the team, I rarely see why he's useful to this team.

39 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I don't have as much a problem with kicking Amaro out, he really seemed like a big WR, and nothing more.  Since we have Enunwa, he was a backup for us.  I just find it weird that Davis is on the team because he's not a great blocker, and he's a horrible pass catcher.  Given the choice of keeping Amaro in a vacuum, I'm ok with moving on, but given a choice between him and Davis, I don't see how Davis won.   

Parker, the guy who we bought in to replace Amaro actually compared himself to Amaro in the past.  

More than anything, I'm just shocked Davis is on the team, I rarely see why he's useful to this team.

Guess Bowles chose not great blocker & horrible pass catcher over not great pass catcher & horrible blocker

hopefully Davis joins him in the past tense soon

26 minutes ago, ljr said:

Guess Bowles chose not great blocker & horrible pass catcher over not great pass catcher & horrible blocker

hopefully Davis joins him in the past tense soon

I'd rather go without a TE then keep Davis (Blocking TE that can't block or catch), or Bostic(Receiving TE that is below a below average receiver, and cannot block a CB). I can practically guarantee neither would be picked up if we release them.

Thankfully Bowman, and Parker were well liked by their perspective fan bases. Bowman is a very good blocker that can catch. Also been used as a FB.

Parker is an H back type. they both seem to have come close to forcing their teams to keep 4 TEs and both would have made their practice squads.

We could slip Housewares to the PS if one of these guys can double as a FB. 

I keep saying it and I'm still waiting to see if any of my fellow old timers will agree with me on Enunwa being this generation's Rich Caster. They actually both started out as wide receivers and ended up becoming pass catching weapons as hybrid WR/TE's and even though Caster was a bit bigger Quincy is still young. He's one of my favorite players

I keep saying it and I'm still waiting to see if any of my fellow old timers will agree with me on Enunwa being this generation's Rich Caster. They actually both started out as wide receivers and ended up becoming pass catching weapons as hybrid WR/TE's and even though Caster was a bit bigger Quincy is still young. He's one of my favorite players

I'm born in '68, and mostly what I remember anout Caster was him dropping alot of passes...Just like just about every TE we've ever had...Except the great Mickey Shuler.

I think Caster's great years were before I knew what was going on.

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I hope you are right. Caster was really good. Now, if we could just get another #12 to throw to him.......:wub:

19 hours ago, win4ever said:

This is one of the few cuts that I can't wrap my mind around.  Amaro by no standards is a stud, and he has his issues.  However, how did Kellen Davis make the team over him?

Because he can't block and that is a problem for a Tight end in this system. Especially when the Jets are loaded with talented pass catchers. Marhsall, Decker, Enunwa, Anderson, Marshall, Peake.. 

I think Amaro could blossom with Marriota, but he just didn't work for the Jets. I have no issues with the cut. 

19 hours ago, win4ever said:

I think Amaro is a problem child.  The way he publicly threw Rex under the bus showed no maturity

I agree Kellen Davis is a waste of time but if Amaro is acting like a brat it's time to go.  It's a shame because I had high hopes

23 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

AMARO will be the player he was in college. The Jets made a mistake on him especially keeping Kellen Davis over him is a joke. This offense their offense coordinator is great for college but not for the pros.  

Well now I know they made the right decision

18 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Well now I know they made the right decision

Yeah thats right.  I said Milner was a disaster. How did that work out. On this board I said Mcdougle at CB was a joke. How did that work out. I also said that Geno is not an NFL QB. How did that work out. I said Sheldon was an athletic DT and will be real good. How did that work out. Going back I said Sanchez was not ready for the NFL. How did that work out. I said that Enuwa out of Nebreska was a player I liked when they draft him while the U.C.L.A  receiver they drafted was not good. How did that work out   I said Amaro will be a borderline to an All Pro and I am sticking with that prediction. 

19 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm just glad that the days of "well we drafted him so we HAVE to keep him" are over. The Joe McKnight over Danny Woodhead days of Jets GMing have morphed into the berst players stay and if you suck it don't matter, you're gone.

I really don't know about that all teams keep their own guys longer than guys other regimes have drafted.  Shell and Hackenburg were both pure awful this training camp, they are both on the roster.

Yeah thats right.  I said Milner was a disaster. How did that work out. On this board I said Mcdougle at CB was a joke. How did that work out. I also said that Geno is not an NFL QB. How did that work out. I said Sheldon was an athletic DT and will be real good. How did that work out. Going back I said Sanchez was not ready for the NFL. How did that work out. I said that Enuwa out of Nebreska was a player I liked when they draft him while the U.C.L.A  receiver they drafted was not good. How did that work out   I said Amaro will be a borderline to an All Pro and I am sticking with that prediction. 

Sheldon is one suspension away from missing the entire season ... not the best example.

On 8/12/2016 at 8:18 AM, joewilly12 said:

Amaro isn't who we thought he was.

AMARO will be the player he was in college. The Jets made a mistake on him especially keeping Kellen Davis over him is a joke. This offense their offense coordinator is great for college but not for the pros.  

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Sheldon is one suspension away from missing the entire season ... not the best example.

I was talking about his talent. What he does in his life after college no one knows.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I really don't know about that all teams keep their own guys longer than guys other regimes have drafted.  Shell and Hackenburg were both pure awful this training camp, they are both on the roster.

I know Shell was bad the last preseason game, but I don't remember hearing too much about him before that. They had Shell at LT a lot, but he is really situated as a RT. I guess they just wanted to see what he could do.

To this current regime's credit, they did cut Jarvis Harrison pretty quickly and he was their 5th round pick last year. 

17 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I was talking about his talent. What he does in his life after college no one knows.

I TOTALLY AGREE.  This is on the offensive coordinator who only wants his TE to block. Not happening in the NFL to run a four receiver set most of the time, This is not college. 

Sorry this guy was fumbling, dropping easy catches, and couldn't block. Why should they have kept him?

On top of all that, I know that he was working hard, but didn't he say in one article he had a spot locked up? Maybe there was an attitude problem.

He was in their dog house from the beginning..

22 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

I'm extremely upset with the release of Amaro.  I think it's ok to cut bait with a player that's frustrating in terms of health and inconsistency, but only if there's an obvious replacement with similar talents. We have no such player on the roster. 

I totally agree. This is on Chan Gailey. He doesn't use a typical TE. He only wants blocking TE in his 4 wide out system. This will never work in the NFL. This is not college. Lets look at the two greatest head coaches we have seen the last 30 years in Parcells and Bellecheat. They used the TE to open the running game but also to go over the middle or even go deep. Parcells had Bavaro and Mowatt and Bellecheat had Gronk and Hernandez. 

14 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

You're also the guy who was jizzing over how great Kyle Wilson would be for years so cool it when talking about what a guru you are when evaluating DB's

13 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry this guy was fumbling, dropping easy catches, and couldn't block. Why should they have kept him?

On top of all that, I know that he was working hard, but didn't he say in one article he had a spot locked up? Maybe there was an attitude problem.

He was in their dog house from the beginning..

Amaro was most likely a problem child they got tired of dealing with.  He had an attitude and he sucked - not a great combo

I kept wanting Amaro to get more of a chance, but that last game was very dissapointing. 

Just like Geno, and Sanchez before him, I gave up when they gave up.

Amaro on the dropped catch had the ball in his hands when he got hit in the back of the leg...He dropped it because it hurt. Then he stood up grabbing the back of his leg and had this little kid whiney look on his face. Never was upset about dropping the pass. He more looked around for someone to see if he was all right. When no one came he looked very confused trying to figure out whether he should stay there or get off the field. 

I said to myself there that if he wasn't really badly hurt I was giving up on him...Well he was back in on special teams after that so no, not injured. It was however his last snap on offense...forever. I think Bowles felt the same way I did about it. Watch the replay. Maybe someone could make a moving GIF of it but it was pathetic. 

On 9/6/2016 at 7:56 AM, drdetroit said:

You're also the guy who was jizzing over how great Kyle Wilson would be for years so cool it when talking about what a guru you are when evaluating DB's

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH.  NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT KYLE WILSON. NOW MEL KIPER LOVED HIM. SO MAYBE YOU HAVE A GRIPE WITH HIM OR MCSHAY.

On 5 בספטמבר 2016 at 8:49 PM, SoFlaJets said:

Yes, we must give him Caster's 88 number and get Jerome Barkum out of retirement to back to go full cycle with this. Actually, Cotchery reminds me of Barkum...so we're close...

It looks like another year where the Jets forsake the TE position. They did well last year without a TE scheme. Looks to continue this year. Amaro IMO was soft, not a good blocker, injury prone and had bad hands. After the fumble in preseason and him coming to the sidelines yukking it up instead of being pissed about it lost me as an Amaro fan. 

31 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

It looks like another year where the Jets forsake the TE position. They did well last year without a TE scheme. Looks to continue this year. Amaro IMO was soft, not a good blocker, injury prone and had bad hands. After the fumble in preseason and him coming to the sidelines yukking it up instead of being pissed about it lost me as an Amaro fan. 

I don't understand how every regime cannot get this right

Archived