Jets \ Eagles: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It annoys the hell out of me that we threw away a 2nd round pick (see my comments about the oline) on a guy that has looked like garbage for 2 yeas before he was drafted,  I've never seen a new qb for the jets look this awful to start off. 

I agree Hack looked like crap tonight; not that the o-line, play calling and coaches did him any favors; that being said, Petty showed significant progress from rookie to year 1; let's see where Hack is next year. If he turns out to be our starter or even backup it will be worth it. My guess is that Mac is going to keep drafting QBs until he hits on one or he gets replaced. So, you may want to save a slot for worst QBs ever for next year's pick.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Hack ultimately becomes will have nothing to do with how he looked in this game.  Anymore than how he looked last week will.

You would think all the outragged QB gurus would know this and would stop carrying on as if they know.

47 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

It doesn't matter what Hack looks like this year. Its next preseason that matters for him. 

I didn't think he had no time. He just didn't know what to do with it. Let's face it even though it's just 2 exhibition games. And I'm glad that he got a chance to play. But it looks like he was one of the least ready Qbs in this year's draft. And you'd think we'd be looking for the opposite. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I see the logic, start well thus you suck, start off looking like a cfl cut and you may be great.  Tis sound I'll grant you that.

Hey, RG3 looked great in the beginning of his career, while Aikman and P. Manning played like crap.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It annoys the hell out of me that we threw away a 2nd round pick (see my comments about the oline) on a guy that has looked like garbage for 2 yeas before he was drafted,  I've never seen a new qb for the jets look this awful to start off. 

Hey, maybe that's a good thing. Because every QB I've seen for the Jets pretty much looks the same on D1 in the league as he does 4 years later. Who knows... I'm not losing sleep over a sloppy preseason game. This kid was never supposed to look good until next year. I can wait that out.

In the meantime, Petty.

Just now, Larz said:

Don't be, this year's defense will be the best jets defense we have ever seen. 

Yes and that just makes it worse.....offense is gonna drag us down this year......no depth at QB or OL or TE...otherwise we are solid....just sux

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I didn't think he had no time. He just didn't know what to do with it. Let's face it even though it's just 2 exhibition games. And I'm glad that he got a chance to play. But it looks like he was one of the least ready Qbs in this year's draft. And you'd think we'd be looking for the opposite. 

that was the worst performance I have ever seen from an NFL QB.

its not mechanics, its not the o-line, its not the playcalling, its not the wepinz, its his brain

he is mentally weak,  we need to get him off of this roster before he costs this team 2 years

Just our luck not to be able to see Petty longer. Especially a play after he throws a bomb to Anderson. I have high hopes for Petty. He looks so much different from camp much less last year. As for Hack lol...well this was Hacks 2nd game in live action. I actually expected 9/26 completion rate last game but he put on a little show. This time I got what I expected..look it's not going to happen over night or over one training camp especially his first. Let's all take a step back, breathe...and get ready for Cincy because that's what matter now. 

Jets!

ps. Robbie should be WR #3. Play Quincy at TE permentally.

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Yes and that just makes it worse.....offense is gonna drag us down this year......no depth at QB or OL or TE...otherwise we are solid....just sux

the emergence of forte and enunwa will cover a lot of warts.  the special teams are light years better.  this team will be competitive every week

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

its not mechanics, its not the o-line, its not the playcalling, its not the wepinz, its his brain

he is mentally weak,  we need to get him off of this roster before he costs this team 2 years

In fact I'm hoping the play calling had a lot to do with it.  I thought Bowles was calling plays to highlight certain players at the expense of winning the game.  At least I hope that is the case but then you'd have to say he thru Hack under the bus....so I really don't know what I saw and what to think

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

In fact I'm hoping the play calling had a lot to do with it.  I thought Bowles was calling plays to highlight certain players at the expense of winning the game.  At least I hope that is the case but then you'd have to say he thru Hack under the bus....so I really don't know what I saw and what to think

early on they were looking at robinson, then wanted to look at the screen game, the took some deep shots.  along the way, hack just puked on his shoes over and over, bounce passes, air mail, he was all over the place.  what I really didn't like was how he went into a funk. 

we can't have that, not in this market

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Give it a rest Larz. Just like Petty, you have to give him at the least a full year to learn something. We all wanted Petty out of the door by week 5 of camp and now he's "the guy". You obviously are over doing it with the dramatics and need to remember this is a rookie in his what? Second time on the field. He'll look different next off season. Crazy how you people can give up on a kid after and decide his mental state and future in all of 40 snaps. I expect better from you.

re-watched the 3rd quarter i missed putting my daughter to bed and with the problem with the game day pass:

Hack had an okay (not great, not terrible) drive that was killed by drops and penalties (and some not great throws). You can't cut him as the worst case scenario is that the Pats pick him up and he becomes the next Brady.

On the other hand, I would cut Amaro immediately. I had high hopes for him, but at this point, I would make him hitch-hike back to NYC.

I don't see Fitz crashing this season.He has too much experience and savvy. And knows how to run this offense. He just didn't exactly seem totally ready in pre-season. But you knew they weren't going to play him much. But our D looks like it could be with Wilk and an improved Williams and Revis sharper damned good if the O keeps them off the field. And maybe, hopefully better special teams. Plus a more experienced head coach. I'm pretty optimistic! Let's get em!

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Give it a rest Larz. Just like Petty, you have to give him at the least a full year to learn something. We all wanted Petty out of the door by week 5 of camp and now he's "the guy". You obviously are over doing it with the dramatics and need to remember this is a rookie in his what? Second time on the field. He'll look different next off season. Crazy how you people can give up on a kid after and decide his mental state and future in all of 40 snaps. I expect better from you.

thats the sanchez argument.  lets fast forward and dump him now

7 minutes ago, The Troll said:

I would be perfectly fine if they just released Hackenberg. You ****ed up. Just acknowledge it and move on. Let's not waste our time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are so quick to write players off after a few snaps, because you are scared of wasting time? This is funny...how else would you people like to develop players? Put them in the hyperbolic time chamber like Goku and have them train there? This sh*t takes time and the process is not always pretty.

He looked like sh*t tonight on all aspects of being an NFL QB 

The whole preseason. Guy went 17 for 47 and averaged three yards per attempt playing against future insurance salesmen. There's no light that's clicking on with patience. It looked like a bad draft pick in April. It was confirmed as one in August. There's no sense in pretending.

1 minute ago, The Troll said:

The whole preseason. Guy went 17 for 47 and averaged three yards per attempt playing against future insurance salesmen. There's no light that's clicking on with patience. It looked like a bad draft pick in April. It was confirmed as one in August. There's no sense in pretending.

Agree move  on we go with Fitz,Geno and Petty use that roster spot on someone who will help this team win games.

Sanchez did start in his rookie year and was never this terrible. But you don't cut him even though it's been done before. I'm sure they're real disappointed, though. And if they had to make this pick over again they wouldn't take him. So now you know why O'Brien didn't want him. Remember just before we selected in round 2 Houston traded up in front of us and didn't select him the took an O-lineman.

You guys are so quick to write players off after a few snaps, because you are scared of wasting time? This is funny...how else would you people like to develop players? Put them in the hyperbolic time chamber like Goku and have them train there? This sh*t takes time and the process is not always pretty.

There's struggling and then there's clearly showing you have zero business on the field. Hackenberg has been doing the latter for three years now.

3 minutes ago, The Troll said:

when he was rated as "undraftable" I lol'd, like that was even a thing.   turns out, it is

Archived