Jared Goff demoted to 3rd string- what a mess for the Rams

Matt39

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

the Hackenberg pick looks bad ?? You realize the kid has not gotten very many reps right ? Goff looks like horse sh*t and he's had 10x the amount of reps Hack has.

It's 2016. If you're not looking promising early the tides start moving towards its not going to happen. The days of going on scholarship are over. Just look at Amaro

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

And the Rams who just invested a ton of picks and money into Goff aren't allowed to bring him along slowly?

The idea was for him to start right away. You don't bring picks along slowly anymore unless they suck out loud.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The idea was for him to start right away. You don't bring picks along slowly anymore unless they suck out load.

Tell me more....

"I just want him to feel and sense and absorb the pressures of Week 1," Fisher told NFL Network. "He's going to be a great player. As we've said from Day 1, we're not rushing him. We don't have to rush it. I'm really happy with where he is right now. It's unfair to compare him to anybody else. I know Philly has got their situation; it's a little different. ... Jared is in a good place right now. He's done some really good things, so I'm really pleased with his progress."

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Tell me more....

"I just want him to feel and sense and absorb the pressures of Week 1," Fisher told NFL Network. "He's going to be a great player. As we've said from Day 1, we're not rushing him. We don't have to rush it. I'm really happy with where he is right now. It's unfair to compare him to anybody else. I know Philly has got their situation; it's a little different. ... Jared is in a good place right now. He's done some really good things, so I'm really pleased with his progress."

Jeff Fisher lol

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's 2016. If you're not looking promising early the tides start moving towards its not going to happen. The days of going on scholarship are over. Just look at Amaro

so with minimal reps Hack led a nice TD drive and showed a strong arm and nice touch on the TD pass to Anderson ..what else would you like to see at this stage ?

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

As bad as the Hackenberg pick looks at least that's not the Jets. 

Smart. They aren't forcing him. Sounds like they want to develop him some and put him on the field when's he's ready. I know that doesn't fit with the madden, everyone wants immediate results fanbases now, but it's a smart move for the long-term. Both his and the teams. 

28 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

the Hackenberg pick looks bad ?? You realize the kid has not gotten very many reps right ? Goff looks like horse sh*t and he's had 10x the amount of reps Hack has.

Right, because Hack played bad football at a stage of his career you should expect him to play... bad football.

Reality is, if Dak Prescott didn't play so well in preseason, the complaints wouldn't be so mellowdramatic, but having one rookie look better than Hack = buyers remorse, sky falling, put up the billboards.

Our fans. Special.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Right, because Hack played bad football at a stage of his career you should expect him to play... bad football.

Reality is, if Dak Prescott didn't play so well in preseason, the complaints wouldn't be so mellowdramatic, but having one rookie look better than Hack = buyers remorse, sky falling, put up the billboards.

Our fans. Special.

Everyone forgets that Bryce Petty looked pretty bad last year. A little time to get acclimated to the pro game can sometimes work wonders. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

Everyone forgets that Bryce Petty looked pretty bad last year. A little time to get acclimated to the pro game can sometimes work wonders. 

He improved enough to remain the #3 behind Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith.  I'm not sure we ought to parade his development about as if it's some kind of panacea.

Most people complain about rushing a rookie into a season, and when a team takes the slow route, there in trouble.  The kid wasn't a #1 overall talent, and he isn't ready.  Better to sit the kid to make the transition then to rush him out there just because of his draft position.  

14 minutes ago, gEYno said:

He got all the reps in college... He was bad then.

You have a lot of posts here what's your excuse. 

Do you really understand how dumb that thought process is? 

Luck, both Mannings all were 4 yr starters and struggled their rookie season. Eli sat for the first 3 months. 

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

He got all the reps in college... He was bad then.

He was not so bad under O'Brien his freshman year in a pro style offense when everyone was gushing all over him. O'Brien leaves and the entire Program goes in the sh*tter and incredibly Hackenberg now sucks. You know better than that.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

He improved enough to remain the #3 behind Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith.  I'm not sure we ought to parade his development about as if it's some kind of panacea.

I won't be surprised if Geno's cut or traded in a couple of weeks once Petty's shoulder heals. 

I know this is 2016 and if you're not a stud as soon as you step onto the field you're a bust...but doesn't it make more sense to sit a rookie QB for a year especially now a days when most of the colleges run the spread? Rookie QBs used to sit all the time their first year and then start the second to get acclimated to the game. Why should this idea get thrown by the wayside?

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He was not so bad under O'Brien his freshman year in a pro style offense when everyone was gushing all over him. O'Brien leaves and the entire Program goes in the sh*tter and incredibly Hackenberg now sucks. You know better than that.

All we can do is pray that Chan Gailey is the same kind of sorcerer

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

You have a lot of posts here what's your excuse. 

Do you really understand how dumb that thought process is? 

Luck, both Mannings all were 4 yr starts and struggled their rookie season. Eli sat for the first 3 months. 

Please. You could see why they were high picks in between the hiccups. Hack looks like a deer in the headlights. He had 2 Sanchez panic humiliations in between Tebow like bounce passes. Go back and look the scouting reports. It's all there. He's the worst QB prospect I have ever seen

6 minutes ago, TheMagicRat said:

I know this is 2016 and if you're not a stud as soon as you step onto the field you're a bust...but doesn't it make more sense to sit a rookie QB for a year especially now a days when most of the colleges run the spread? Rookie QBs used to sit all the time their first year and then start the second to get accumulated to the game. Why should this idea get thrown by the wayside?

8 minutes ago, TheMagicRat said:

I know this is 2016 and if you're not a stud as soon as you step onto the field you're a bust...but doesn't it make more sense to sit a rookie QB for a year especially now a days when most of the colleges run the spread? Rookie QBs used to sit all the time their first year and then start the second to get accumulated to the game. Why should this idea get thrown by the wayside?

Instant gratification that's all this new world knows 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Please. You could see why they were high picks in between the hiccups. Hack looks like a deer in the headlights. He had 2 Sanchez panic humiliations in between Tebow like bounce passes. Go back and look the scouting reports. It's all there. He's the worst QB prospect I have ever seen

Is this Bill Polian? Bobby Beathard, Scott McCloughan, John Schneider, Ted Thompson? 

25 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Says who?  

I doubt anyone said it, but they invested a lot for him particularly if the plan was for him to sit. No way in hell would I trade (2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds) for a guy you plan on sitting. But that's just me... Especially when he was supposed to be the most NFL ready of the bunch and now he's third string behind bench warmers.

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I doubt anyone said it, but they invested a lot for him particularly if the plan was for him to sit. No way in hell would I trade (2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds) for a guy you plan on sitting. But that's just me... Especially when he was supposed to be the most NFL ready of the bunch and now he's third string behind bench warmers.

Nothing says he's sitting the whole season. Why force him? But whatever. 

Archived