Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

I am first and foremost a NY Jets fan 

I am a football fan 

The football here SUCKS 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had a good season with the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 NOT GOOD ENOUGH 

This year we have the 7th toughest schedule in the NFL Ryan Fitzpatrick will not and can not deliver good results 6 other teams have tried him 31 other NFL teams passed on him this off season 

WAKE UP NY Jets 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I agree with this statement, so why not try Geno then? We have 4 QB's on this roster. We can play a QB not named Petty/Hackenberg. Dont get me wrong, im not calling for Fitz job at this moment, im simply saying that the subject is most definitely open for discussion at this point though if Fitz doesnt turn things around. 

in theory i agree.  in reality, it's obvious bowles and mccags do not want geno to ever play for the jets again unless fitz gets hurt.  drafting hack, resigning fitz and keeping petty active with a bad shoulder sealed the deal for geno.  that says all you need to know about how they think.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

in theory i agree.  in reality, it's obvious bowles and mccags do not want geno to ever play for the jets again unless fitz gets hurt.  drafting hack, resigning fitz and keeping petty active with a bad shoulder sealed the deal for geno.  that says all you need to know about how they think.

If not Geno Smith then ANYONE 

I have seen enough of Ryan Fitzpatrick masquerading as an NFL QB 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

If not Geno Smith then ANYONE 

I have seen enough of Ryan Fitzpatrick masquerading as an NFL QB 

i agree.  we're all with you.  petty looked good in preseason and will probably get his shot, but with fitz starting and this sched this year is kinda sacrificed, as SAR has noted.  

if the jets finish 6-10 but petty finishes the year and looks very good i will be happy.  i would like to head into the offseason with him as the clear starter for next year.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

This in theory I dont agree with. What if Fitz doesnt get hurt but he obviously needs to be pulled? You're telling me that they wont pull him because Geno is the #2 but would if any other QB was the #2? If thats the case then Petty should be the #2. If thats the case then we should be more concerned about this team and their decision making than we are about Fitz or Geno for that matter. 

How do you have a guy as a #2 that you're afraid to fill in for a starter that throws 6INT's? You dont hold 4 QB's on the roster if you dont trust Geno, period. They kept Geno because they needed a buffer for their drafted QB's, I get it. At the same time though if Fitz isnt getting it done then he might as well be in injury reserve. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i agree.  we're all with you.  petty looked good in preseason and will probably get his shot, but with fitz starting and this sched this year is kinda sacrificed, as SAR has noted.  

if the jets finish 6-10 but petty finishes the year and looks very good i will be happy.  i would like to head into the offseason with him as the clear starter for next year.

New England plays Jacoby Brissett and wins why dont we play Hack its all about coaching and the GM here everyone who is hired walks on egg shells afraid of everything in the NFL 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This in theory I dont agree with. What if Fitz doesnt get hurt but he obviously needs to be pulled? You're telling me that they wont pull him because Geno is the #2 but would if any other QB was the #2? If thats the case then Petty should be the #2. If thats the case then we should be more concerned about this team and their decision making than we are about Fitz or Geno for that matter. 

How do you have a guy as a #2 that you're afraid to fill in for a starter that throws 6INT's? You dont hold 4 QB's on the roster if you dont trust Geno, period. They kept Geno because they needed a buffer for their drafted QB's, I get it. At the same time though if Fitz isnt getting it done then he might as well be in injury reserve. 

Why arent we drafting rookie QB's like the other teams are who are NFL ready

since any other qb outside of a HOF qb would be pulled after 4 or 5 picks, yes, i think it's obvious they are not letting geno see the field unless there's no other choice.

fitz is the bridge between geno and petty/hack.  geno is there only b/c petty is injured.  he is an emergency qb for injury, not poor performance.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

New England plays Jacoby Brissett and wins why dont we play Hack its all about coaching and the GM here everyone who is hired walks on egg shells afraid of everything in the NFL 

brisett was 11-19 for  103 yards, they didn't let him throw.  blount ran for more yards.  garropolo had been in their offense longer, so they opened it up for him.

i think petty would do well.  the problem for us fans is, guys like bowles are paid to win games and they're not ready to make this switch yet.  

I didn't understand why Mac kept Geno; now I think it is this. It is not that he thinks (really Bowles) that Geno can win the game if Fitz goes down. That was made clear when they didn't pull Fitz. Clearly, Geno's role is to protect Petty until he is healthy and ready. Check out the schedule. The next 4 games are against Seahawks, Steelers, Cardinals and Ravens. If you think Fitz can't hack it or the season is over, why not play Petty?

In addition to him not being ready yet, why start your young QB against those defenses? They don't care if Geno goes out and gets crushed or looses confidence if Fitz gets hurt. If they wait to put Petty in until after the Ravens (or until the season is lost) Petty would get: Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Pats, Colts, 49ers, Dolphins, Pats. Except for the Pats, who has a good defense? If you want to bring you QB on slowly and boost his confidence, you roll him out for the Browns and Dophins, not the Seahawks and Steelers.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm fan of the Jets.

Supposedly all of us here are.  I have my doubts.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Whether I like a player or not for some ambiguous reason is irrelevant.

My reasons are never ambiguous.

But my like or dislike or preference is absolutely irrelevant.  Just like every single word any of us post here is irrelevant.

The only opinions that matter are Bowles, Chan and Mac's.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're not a fan of a player that has never played.  Why?  Is it his fault the Jets drafted him?  

Why am I not a fan?  Because there were better players/prospects we could have acquired IMO.

Because he's a very VERY bad and unprepared player (right now) and I'm not convinced he'll ever be that much better.

But as I said, I'm happy to let the kid have a few years to develop in the #3 spot till he's ready.  As with any player I doubt, I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

brisett was 11-19 for  103 yards, they didn't let him throw.  blount ran for more yards.  garropolo had been in their offense longer, so they opened it up for him.

i think petty would do well.  the problem for us fans is, guys like bowles are paid to win games and they're not ready to make this switch yet.  

Imagine what BB would have done on Sunday to Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Todd Bowles should have the balls to bench him 

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I didn't understand why Mac kept Geno; now I think it is this. It is not that he thinks (really Bowles) that Geno can win the game if Fitz goes down. That was made clear when they didn't pull Fitz. Clearly, Geno's role is to protect Petty until he is healthy and ready. Check out the schedule. The next 4 games are against Seahawks, Steelers, Cardinals and Ravens. If you think Fitz can't hack it or the season is over, why not play Petty?

In addition to him not being ready yet, why start your young QB against those defenses? They don't care if Geno goes out and gets crushed or looses confidence if Fitz gets hurt. If they wait to put Petty in until after the Ravens (or until the season is lost) Petty would get: Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Pats, Colts, 49ers, Dolphins, Pats. Except for the Pats, who has a good defense? If you want to bring you QB on slowly and boost his confidence, you roll him out for the Browns and Dophins, not the Seahawks and Steelers.

i agree.  geno is there if fitz gets hurt, and petty is there when playoffs are not realistic.  everyone saw petty outplay geno in preseason.  and petty is mccags' guy.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

NE doesn't care if Brisket or Garp get crushed, they have Brady in one more week; throw the kitchen sink out to help these guys. The were hoping for 2-2; it looks like they go 4-0; then Brady is back. Who cares if their 3rd string gets crushed.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

NE doesn't care if Brisket or Garp get crushed, they have Brady in one more week; throw the kitchen sink out to help these guys. The were hoping for 2-2; it looks like they go 4-0; then Brady is back. Who cares if their 3rd string gets crushed.

they were going to gameplan for brissett and did.  BB is not hanging any qb out to dry, esp. with all the injuries and edelman as the backup.  and as usual the visitors hurt themselves with penalties.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Other NFL teams start rookies here its the same damn excuse they arent ready we are grooming them 47 years we been hearing the same old sh*t. 

I'm stand with the sentiments of @JiF and @joewilly12

I'm a Jets fan. I root for the name in the front of the jersey, not the back of it.

People act like some of us hate Fitz and are rooting against him when that couldn't be further from the truth. I root for Fitz when he plays, whether I think he's good or not. If Geno or Petty or Hack come in, I'm rooting for them to step and and improve. Then criticize them afterwards when they screw up.

That's the way it should be. Meanwhile the fans that accuse us of rooting against a QB, will vehemently boo another QB before he even steps on the field and threatens to boycott the team if he's in.

But yet we're not real Jets fans :lol:

he already said hack won't see the field this year.  they know he needs work, and finally the gm is dedicated to developing qbs.  it works for NE.  i like it.

Everything in the NFL doesn't have to me modeled by NE sick and tired of it when will the Jets be the team in the NFL 

2 minutes ago, King P said:

I'm stand with the sentiments of @JiF and @joewilly12

I'm a Jets fan. I root for the name in the front of the jersey, not the back of it.

People act like some of us hate Fitz and are rooting against him when that couldn't be further from the truth. I root for Fitz when he plays, whether I think he's good or not. If Geno or Petty or Hack come in, I'm rooting for them to step and and improve. Then criticize them afterwards when they screw up.

That's the way it should be. Meanwhile the fans that accuse us of rooting against a QB, will vehemently boo another QB before he even steps on the field and threatens to boycott the team if he's in.

But yet we're not real Jets fans :lol:

We are just sick and tired of it year after year our biggest highlight of the season is the off season or the draft its always next year DAMMIT 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

since any other qb outside of a HOF qb would be pulled after 4 or 5 picks, yes, i think it's obvious they are not letting geno see the field unless there's no other choice.

fitz is the bridge between geno and petty/hack.  geno is there only b/c petty is injured.  he is an emergency qb for injury, not poor performance.  

Its either "HOF QB's are the only QB's not pulled after 4 or 5 picks" or not. This is my opinion why Fitz wasnt pulled. The game was 3-17 before Fitz threw his pick 6. Fitz was throwing INT's all over the place, but the game was technically still in reach. 

If Fitz had that game and the chiefs were capitalizing on the turnovers and the score was like 3-35 I think Fitz would have been done because the game for all intents and purposes is done at that point. Think about it. FItz threw his 4th INT of the game with 5 mins left in the 4th and the score was still 3-17 at that point, and the Jets had two more possessions after that, the next one being a pick 6 and the last being a pick. 

I think this isnt what people are making it out to be, now again Im making it clear that this is just my opinion, however my opinion is that Fitz not being pulled had nothing to do with Bowles not trusting Geno, but for the fact that even after the 4th INT we're down just 2 scores with enough time to still make something of it if we can get something going. 

Remember, the offense did have a couple drives down the field where they got into the redzone, so its not like the offense wasnt moving whatsoever, its just that Fitz would end the drive with an INT completely destroying whatever progress was made on the drive. 

Its either "HOF QB's are the only QB's not pulled after 4 or 5 picks" or not. This is my opinion why Fitz wasnt pulled. The game was 3-17 before Fitz threw his pick 6. Fitz was throwing INT's all over the place, but the game was technically still in reach. 

If Fitz had that game and the chiefs were capitalizing on the turnovers and the score was like 3-35 I think Fitz would have been done because the game for all intents and purposes is done at that point. Think about it. FItz threw his 4th INT of the game with 5 mins left in the 4th and the score was still 3-17 at that point, and the Jets had two more possessions after that, the next one being a pick 6 and the last being a pick. 

I think this isnt what people are making it out to be, now again Im making it clear that this is just my opinion, however my opinion is that Fitz not being pulled had nothing to do with Bowles not trusting Geno, but for the fact that even after the 4th INT we're down just 2 scores with enough time to still make something of it if we can get something going. 

Remember, the offense did have a couple drives down the field where they got into the redzone, so its not like the offense wasnt moving whatsoever, its just that Fitz would end the drive with an INT completely destroying whatever progress was made on the drive. 

i don't think the score factored into it much.  they don't want geno to see the field, they obviously think fitz on a horrible, no good terrible day is better than geno.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

jets only dress 2, like most other teams.  this is an odd transition year for year 2 of the mccags era, where his new qbs are not quite ready yet, the incumbent failed last TC and the journeyman got hot.  next year will be normal.

Next year next year next year blah blah blah 

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think the score factored into it much.  they don't want geno to see the field, they obviously think fitz on a horrible, no good terrible day is better than geno.  

I hear what you're saying, but in all honesty this is nothing more than your opinion that are based on feelings. Sure, mine is opinion as well, but mine has much to do about how the game was transpiring which brings a level of validity to my opinion. Just saying that the jets were scared to death to have Geno see the field, especially when the last time they needed Geno to see the field he completed 65% of his passes, threw for multiple TD's and only turned the ball over once, simply doesnt support your position on this. 

Geno has played a game for this regime and has a completion rate of 65% with a 2/1 TD/INT ratio. Why are they so damn scared of Geno? It makes no sense brother. 

9 minutes ago, King P said:

People act like some of us hate Fitz and are rooting against him when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Yep, the poster who said "I hope Fitz gets hurt" was definitely rooting for the Jets.

Posters who root openly for Fitz to play badly so (in their minds) Geno will get his fair chance with weapons, definitely rooting for the Jets.

Give me a break mate.  It's pretty obvious some posters here are not rooting for the Jets until such time as Fitz is gone and Geno (or Petty, but when they say petty they mean Geno, i.e. Villian for example) are starting.

You don't get much more clear-cut rooting against your own team that actively rooting for your QB to get hurt.

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I hear what you're saying, but in all honesty this is nothing more than your opinion that are based on feelings. Sure, mine is opinion as well, but mine has much to do about how the game was transpiring which brings a level of validity to my opinion. Just saying that the jets were scared to death to have Geno see the field, especially when the last time they needed Geno to see the field he completed 65% of his passes, threw for multiple TD's and only turned the ball over once, simply doesnt support your position on this. 

Geno has played a game for this regime and has a completion rate of 65% with a 2/1 TD/INT ratio. Why are they so damn scared of Geno? It makes no sense brother. 

Yeah, why is the CS so scared of Geno when he pretty much showed he can play average in a game where the other team's offense was kicking our ass?

Archived