Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

47 minutes ago, King P said:

People act like some of us hate Fitz and are rooting against him when that couldn't be further from the truth.

King, you know what kills me about these guys who now use this tactic "You're rooting against your team"? Where was that at when this entire forum blew up with joy 10 minutes after IK turned Geno's jaw to powder? Think about that. That was over a year ago. We had months where people were displaying their joy and praising IK and so forth and even do so up to this very day. 

Where was Warfish at to tell them "Ay, celebrating the fact that some thug just knocked out our starter QB is basically rooting against your team". Every time we heard about a $600 reference, where was that dude? Really truly think about that. This Fitz situation is 3 weeks old and I dont know how many times I've heard how guys are rooting against the Jets ever since the Bengals loss. We literally had fans celebrating Geno Smith's injury and I have NEVER seen Warfish put up comment or even quote someone telling them that they're basically rooting against their own team...because to have that much despise for a guy you never met that you would actually celebrate a violent assault INSTANTLY TELLS YOU that there was no way in the world that they were ever supporting their starting QB when he was actually on the field. 

What were they doing then King P? Werent they "rooting for the Jets" while at the same time hoping that someone someday soon either takes his spot or break his jaw?

See how these dudes are nothing but hypocrites? Dont get me wrong, there were some people who were vocal about how the fan base here were acting like animals in their enjoyment, and with no class at all. Yet those people are also not the ones here talking about how were rooting against our team. 

These dudes are crying, sometimes you have to just offer them a box of tissue and let them sit in a corner and cry about it. We see completely through that "rooting against your team" nonsense when this forum had internet orgasms when the news broke that Geno was hurt, and you didnt see any of these guys for the past 15/16 months talking about how they're rooting against their team. Their hypocrisy is easily detected in their movements. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

King, you know what kills me about these guys who now use this tactic "You're rooting against your team"? Where was that at when this entire forum blew up with joy 10 minutes after IK turned Geno's jaw to powder? Think about that. That was over a year ago. We had months where people were displaying their joy and praising IK and so forth. 

Where was Warfish at to tell them "Ay, celebrating the fact that some thug just knocked out our starter QB is basically rooting against your team". Every time we heard about a $600 reference, where was that dude? Really truly think about that. This Fitz situation is 3 week old and I dont know how many times I've heard how guys are rooting against the Jets ever since the Bengals loss. We literally had fans celebrating Geno Smith's injury and I have NEVER seen Warfish put up comment or even quote someone telling them that they're basically rooting against their own team...because to have that much despise for a guy you never met that you would actually celebrate a violent assault INSTANTLY TELLS YOU that there was no way in the world that they were ever supporting him when he was actually on the field. 

What were they doing then King P. Werent they "rooting for the Jets" while at the same time hoping that someone someday soon either takes his spot or break his jaw?

See how these dudes are nothing but hypocrites? Dont get me wrong, there were some people who were vocal about how the fan base here were acting like animals in their enjoyment and no class at all. At those people are also not the ones here talking about how were rooting against our team. 

These dudes are crying, sometimes you have to just offer them a box of tissue and let them sit in a corner and cry about it. We see completely through that "rooting against your team" nonsense when this forum had internet orgasms when the news broke that Geno was hurt, and you didnt see any of these guys for the past 15/16 months talking about how they're rooting against their team. Their hypocrisy is easily detected in their movements. 

This is a very emotional fanbase. You have have to wonder if some of these people are on their periods.

3 hours ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

This is a very emotional fanbase. You have have to wonder if some of these people are on their periods.

Many of us have been on our period since 1970. With a few dry spells in 83, 98' 2002, 2009 and 2010.  Other than that...it's a bloody nightmare , no pun intended. ?

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

King, you know what kills me about these guys who now use this tactic "You're rooting against your team"? Where was that at when this entire forum blew up with joy 10 minutes after IK turned Geno's jaw to powder? Think about that. That was over a year ago. We had months where people were displaying their joy and praising IK and so forth and even do so up to this very day. 

Where was Warfish at to tell them "Ay, celebrating the fact that some thug just knocked out our starter QB is basically rooting against your team". Every time we heard about a $600 reference, where was that dude? Really truly think about that. This Fitz situation is 3 weeks old and I dont know how many times I've heard how guys are rooting against the Jets ever since the Bengals loss. We literally had fans celebrating Geno Smith's injury and I have NEVER seen Warfish put up comment or even quote someone telling them that they're basically rooting against their own team...because to have that much despise for a guy you never met that you would actually celebrate a violent assault INSTANTLY TELLS YOU that there was no way in the world that they were ever supporting their starting QB when he was actually on the field. 

What were they doing then King P? Werent they "rooting for the Jets" while at the same time hoping that someone someday soon either takes his spot or break his jaw?

See how these dudes are nothing but hypocrites? Dont get me wrong, there were some people who were vocal about how the fan base here were acting like animals in their enjoyment, and with no class at all. Yet those people are also not the ones here talking about how were rooting against our team. 

@Warfish your retort...

4 hours ago, King P said:

I'm stand with the sentiments of @JiF and @joewilly12

I'm a Jets fan. I root for the name in the front of the jersey, not the back of it.

People act like some of us hate Fitz and are rooting against him when that couldn't be further from the truth. I root for Fitz when he plays, whether I think he's good or not. If Geno or Petty or Hack come in, I'm rooting for them to step and and improve. Then criticize them afterwards when they screw up.

That's the way it should be. Meanwhile the fans that accuse us of rooting against a QB, will vehemently boo another QB before he even steps on the field and threatens to boycott the team if he's in.

But yet we're not real Jets fans :lol:

The truth.  

My thoughts exactly. I don't think that Fitz is a legitimate starting QB, but i will root for him like he's my favorite of all time.  

And as far as booing...i don't boo anyone wearing Green and white. 

Just now, YankeeJet22 said:

The truth.  

My thoughts exactly. I don't think that Fitz is a legitimate starting QB, but i will root for him like he's my favorite of all time.  

I boo, but only if said player is messing up big time.

I would never boo a player before he stepped foot on the field, and I would never boycott the team because of a certain player.

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Want to debate it - Your pad or mine :lol:

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Many of us have been on our period since 1970. With a few dry spells in 83, 98' 2002, 2009 and 2010.  Other than that...it's a bloody nightmare , no pun intended. ?

One positive thing about this fanbase is that it always makes me crack up with comments like these. Thanks guys. ?

1 hour ago, King P said:

@Warfish your retort...

No retort required.  When Geno played, I rooted for him.  I never rooted for injury or for his failure.  

We have posters who openly rooted for both for Fitz.  

One can opine about a player without gloating in a way that makes one look like they're happy their own team's player failed.  The people gloating here since Sunday are gloating because of how happy they are Fitz failed, so they can be right on the internet.  

If you don't see the difference, I can't help you.  

P.S. A good example:  I think we're going to lose Sunday.  But I REALLY want to win.

If we do in fact lose, and I come here Monday posting in a gtleeful manner, gloating, giving sh*t to everyone who thought we'd win, and generally acting happy as a pig in sh*t about how right I was, it would be correct to call me out for it, and remind me my team lost, no matter how right I was, I sure as **** shouldn't be happy about it.

We got far too many people here who ARE happy about it, and are enjoying every minute of Fitz, and the Jets, failure.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No retort required.  When Geno played, I rooted for him.  I never rooted for injury or for his failure.  

One can opine about a player without gloating in a way that makes one look like they're happy their own team's player failed.  The people gloating here since Sunday are gloating because of how happy they are Fitz failed, so they can be right on the internet.  

Who here roots for an injury to any player in the NFL? 

1 hour ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Boomer Esiason, Vinny Testaverde, Chad Pennington, Geno Smith, and pretty soon David Harris all got the "boo" from me, sorry.

I root for the laundry, but when a player hurts the team I draw the line.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

P.S. A good example:  I think we're going to lose Sunday.  But I REALLY want to win.

If we do in fact lose, and I come here Monday posting in a gtleeful manner, gloating, giving sh*t to everyone who thought we'd win, and generally acting happy as a pig in sh*t about how right I was, it would be correct to call me out for it, and remind me my team lost, no matter how right I was, I sure as **** shouldn't be happy about it.

We got far too many people here who ARE happy about it, and are enjoying every minute of Fitz, and the Jets, failure.

Maybe if you didn't spend the offseason taking posters to task for not believing in fitz, you wouldn't be such a butthurt baby about him regressing. Take your lumps, move on, and quit whining about the fans because nobody is happy about another season of non-contention. And who really cares about being right about football on the internet anyway... all I care about is being right when I've got money on the line. Anything else is a waste of time 

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Maybe if you didn't spend the offseason taking posters to task for not believing in fitz, you wouldn't be such a butthurt baby about him regressing. Take your lumps, move on, and quit whining about the fans because nobody is happy about another season of non-contention. And who really cares about being right about football on the internet anyway... all I care about is being right when I've got money on the line. Anything else is a waste of time 

He spends more time whining about fans who call Fitz what he is than criticizing Fitz and what his play means to the team.  There's a whole group of them who give off one snide remark after another after being complete dicks in the offseason.

One in particular had the nerve to sarcastically remark that someone apparently didn't get the memo that Fitz was to blame for the loss on Sunday.   As if it weren't true.  As if it was a stupid thought.  There's a whole list of people they'll throw under the bus for the loss ahead of the guy who is the most responsible for the debacle in KC

14 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Maybe if you didn't spend the offseason taking posters to task for not believing in fitz, you wouldn't be such a butthurt baby about him regressing.

My position all offseason was that Fitz gives us the best chance to win now, and the best mentorship of Petty and Hack for the future.

Nothing has changed.  It's still my view, it's still Bowles view, and Chan's view and Macc's view.

Take your lumps, move on, and quit whining about the fans because nobody is happy about another season of non-contention.

Pointing out we have "fans" who actively rooted for our starting QB to get hurt isn't whining.  Now is pointing out the gusy whove actively been rooting against him, and us, thus far this year.

It's exposing an arsehole for what he is.

And who really cares about being right about football on the internet anyway.

You'd have to ask all the guys gloating since Sunday.

10 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

since any other qb outside of a HOF qb would be pulled after 4 or 5 picks, yes, i think it's obvious they are not letting geno see the field unless there's no other choice.

fitz is the bridge between geno and petty/hack.  geno is there only b/c petty is injured.  he is an emergency qb for injury, not poor performance.  

Why do people keep repeating this? They locked in Petty as the #3 before he got injured. If he wasn't the #3 QB he wouldn't have dressed for the final preseason game (the one in which he actually sustained the injury you speak of).

You are reversing the chronology of actual history. 

10 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I didn't understand why Mac kept Geno; now I think it is this. It is not that he thinks (really Bowles) that Geno can win the game if Fitz goes down. That was made clear when they didn't pull Fitz. Clearly, Geno's role is to protect Petty until he is healthy and ready. Check out the schedule. The next 4 games are against Seahawks, Steelers, Cardinals and Ravens. If you think Fitz can't hack it or the season is over, why not play Petty?

In addition to him not being ready yet, why start your young QB against those defenses? They don't care if Geno goes out and gets crushed or looses confidence if Fitz gets hurt. If they wait to put Petty in until after the Ravens (or until the season is lost) Petty would get: Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Pats, Colts, 49ers, Dolphins, Pats. Except for the Pats, who has a good defense? If you want to bring you QB on slowly and boost his confidence, you roll him out for the Browns and Dophins, not the Seahawks and Steelers.

I think this is precisely why the pecking order is the way it is to start the season. 

The #1 concern one should have in throwing a young QB out there is that he'll panic in the pocket, which can lead to reinforcing bad throwing habits and perhaps lead to his own injury as well. Neither seemed evident with Petty (granted, in preseason games) from what we saw. 

Fitz will have a few more games.. 2 -3 more horrible games with L and he's gone.. Try to salvage season with anyone else.. But once we lose too many games he's done anyway.. Bowles sure isn't going to keep him in just to audition for teams next year.. He will be lucky to pick up a 3rd stringer job if he continues on current path.. Petty will get a shot if fitz continues to be horrible..

17 hours ago, JiF said:

worst on the board.

I'm probably a Geno fan too even though I've literally said 100 times I could give **** who it is...just give one of the kids a shot. 

Geno fans. lmfao.  I'm not a fan of anyone.  I'm fan of the Jets.  And I love Fitz.  He's a great guy and easy to root for.  Just wish he didnt suck.

You have to be a Smith Fan to ignore his body of work and reach the obvious conclusion, AS THE JETS' COACHING STAFF AND FRONT OFFICE HAVE, that he is not going to be or do a better job than Fitzpatrick. 

I also obviously disagree I am the worst on the board.  I don't spend hours every day talking only about GENO SMITH! as you do.  There are other things about the Jets worth talking about. And as far as those who said they liked your post, they can go F themselves as far as I am concerned.

On 9/11/2016 at 4:08 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

No deep ball, sacked only once, has to be carried by his team. Throws it high, throws it low, throws it behind. The Jets know this which is why they were in no hurry to resign him. Dalton was sacked 7 freaking times. Yes, Marshall dropped a key throw a the end, but it shouldn't have come to that. People make a big deal about last year's "record setting numbers" but those numbers are average for a team which isn't dysfunctional.

Fitz is NOT a good deep thrower which is why I was baffled by the play calling from Chan Gailey that had Fitz making downfield throw after downfield throw. The formula last season was to get Decker involved with short quick passes and then bust Marshall down the field. Gailey wants to skip step one, which is VITAL and he better get his act together quickly. The Jets passing game is predicated on making six yards on first down with a quick outlet pass to Decker or the RB and work from there with managable down and distance.

17 hours ago, King P said:

I'm stand with the sentiments of @JiF and @joewilly12

I'm a Jets fan. I root for the name in the front of the jersey, not the back of it.

People act like some of us hate Fitz and are rooting against him when that couldn't be further from the truth. I root for Fitz when he plays, whether I think he's good or not. If Geno or Petty or Hack come in, I'm rooting for them to step and and improve. Then criticize them afterwards when they screw up.

That's the way it should be. Meanwhile the fans that accuse us of rooting against a QB, will vehemently boo another QB before he even steps on the field and threatens to boycott the team if he's in.

But yet we're not real Jets fans :lol:

This off season there were a disproportionate percentage of posters here who clearly preferred the Jets not sign Fitzpatrick.  Funnily enough I would have preferred they go a different direction, too. But that different direction is not Geno Smith.  Some of those opposed to Fitz may have preferred someone else.

But when it came down to Fitz v. Smith, too many here were willing to turn the team over to Smith.  The FO and CS obviously disagreed.

Fitz now has a lousy game after being NFL Offensive Player of the week. Some of those players now feel vindicated in opposing Fitz.  They want to dump him after one game, one game after being Offensive Player of the Week.  Sure it was an awful game.  But I got news for those posters here - it is NOT HAPPENING.

And what is clearly not happening is that they will not be benching Fitz to play Smith.

Smith right now is there if Fitz gets hurt.  What will happen after Petty is able to play?  I guess we have to wait and see.

As far as booing, I assume yuou mean Smith.  What you leave out is that Smith has already shown such awful football that there is no good reason to put him in there unless, in effect, you have to.  Playing Smith is a step back to the crap we saw in 13 and 14.  It's because as  fan of the team they, and I, would see that as mismanagement.  Which is what it would be.

You need to take that into account.

Too many here want to be vindicated in their faith in Smith.  If that is more important to you than the Jets winning games, if you seem to enjoy watching Fitz fail and the Jets lose, then don't be surprised of some wonder if you really are a Jet fan.

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

My position all offseason was that Fitz gives us the best chance to win now, and the best mentorship of Petty and Hack for the future.

Nothing has changed.  It's still my view, it's still Bowles view, and Chan's view and Macc's view.

Pointing out we have "fans" who actively rooted for our starting QB to get hurt isn't whining.  Now is pointing out the gusy whove actively been rooting against him, and us, thus far this year.

It's exposing an arsehole for what he is.

You'd have to ask all the guys gloating since Sunday.

Yeah, he can ask those posting here on this very thread who are gloating and complaining about the team not benching Fitz after one bad game.  They sure seem to be gloating this week.

Maybe the poster in question could use a mirror.

36 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Yeah, he can ask those posting here on this very thread who are gloating and complaining about the team not benching Fitz after one bad game.  They sure seem to be gloating this week.

Maybe the poster in question could use a mirror.

Fitz during his last 4 games...

5TD's, 10INTs, 3 games with 4th quarter INT's to end the game, 2 games with multiple INT's in the 4th quarter. 50% completion rate, 1-3 record. All games were against the AFC and we have a 1-3 record, 0-2 vs playoff teams from last year, 3 of those last 4 games he threw for less than 190 yards, 2 games in which he completed less than 46% passing, 3 games in which he completed less than 55%, leading the league in INT's, leading the league in INT's in the 4th quarter, thrown 4 picks in the endzone completely wrecking drives, bottom 3 in redzone/scoring percentage, Fitz best game as a Jet came during this stretch ( Bills week 2) but 2 of Fitz worst games of his career also came during this stretch (Bills week 17 w/playoffs on the line and Chiefs week 3). 

And for the record, this ^^^^^.....nothing to do with Geno Smith. 

30 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

5TD's, 10INTs, 3 games with 4th quarter INT's to end the game, 2 games with multiple INT's in the 4th quarter. 50% completion rate, 1-3 record. All games were against the AFC and we have a 1-3 record, 0-2 vs playoff teams from last year, 3 of those last 4 games he threw for less than 190 yards, 2 games in which he completed less than 46% passing, 3 games in which he completed less than 55%, leading the league in INT's, leading the league in INT's in the 4th quarter, thrown 4 picks in the endzone completely wrecking drives, bottom 3 in redzone/scoring percentage, Fitz best game as a Jet came during this stretch ( Bills week 2) but 2 of Fitz worst games of his career also came during this stretch (Bills week 17 w/playoffs on the line and Chiefs week 3). 

Yeah but these aren't concerns, you're just gloating.  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Picking only the last four games, one from last year, is cherry picking.  Why not the five before that?  Because you are a Smith Fan.  And  one of the "best", meaning worst.

I find little to nothing of value in the posts you try so hard to come up with.  Why?  because your perspective is slanted, and you are agenda driven.

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah but these aren't concerns, you're just gloating.  

Now you are more of a special case.  You want to throw the CS and FO over the side 3 games into their second year after taking a 4-12 team to 10-6.  Gloating doesn't fit well.  Hysterical?  Much better.

6 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Picking only the last four games, one from last year, is cherry picking.  Why not the five before that?  Because you are a Smith Fan.  And  one of the "best", meaning worst.

I find little to nothing of value in the posts you try so hard to come up with.  Why?  because your perspective is slanted, and you are agenda driven.

Dude, just stop man. Stop damage controlling. Fitz sucks. This is a "What have you dont for me lately" league. You keep calling people Geno fans and how they're cherry picking. You said to someone "you talk about this game, but what about last week?". then I show you Fitz last 4 games, then you say that im cherry picking and say "what about the 5 before that??? Are you not cherry picking with that question? What if I responded to you..."Sure, Fitz had a really good 5 game stretch during the time that you cherry picked. However, what about the 5 games before THAT where the Jets went 1-4? Bettter yet, lets take into consideration all of those games. During Fitzpatrick's last 14 games Fitz record is 6-8 as a Jet". 

You dont have to find value in any of my posts, I dont find value wasting this team on Ryan Fitzpatrick. We could have given this team to any one of the 3 QB's that we have under rookie deals and develop them. Instead we're trying to develop a 34 year old vet to be something that he's never been in his 12 years as a pro. 

Stop talking about cherry picking when you're cherry picking. It's stupid. 

30 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Now you are more of a special case.  You want to throw the CS and FO over the side 3 games into their second year after taking a 4-12 team to 10-6.  Gloating doesn't fit well.  Hysterical?  Much better.

I want to throw the CS and FO over the side?  You sure as shlt have me confused with someone else.  I'm not looking to throw any of them anywhere.  I've defended them all season.  Try again, lol

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Other NFL teams start rookies here its the same damn excuse they arent ready we are grooming them 47 years we been hearing the same old sh*t. 

We started Sanchez and Smith as rookies; ultimately how did that work out?  Petty is in his second year and once he is healthy will probably move up the depth chart.  Hack was drafted with the idea of red shirting him so he could work on his mechanics, and be mentored so he could compete for the job next season and beyond.  The dumb move was resigning Fitz when Petty (then healthy) and Smith could have had a true competition for the starting job.   Unfortunately Bowles, didn't have the balls to make such bold move and went with the "safe" option and brought back the "conquering hero", losing any opportunity to develop his two young quarterbacks THIS season and instead going another year not knowing about Petty and then letting Smith walk when his contract is up.  I know it is national pastime to bash Smith but if the kid goes to another team and develops into a decent starter, this HC will look like a fool for not taking a serious look at what he might do with a real offense. 

3 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

You have to be a Smith Fan to ignore his body of work and reach the obvious conclusion, AS THE JETS' COACHING STAFF AND FRONT OFFICE HAVE, that he is not going to be or do a better job than Fitzpatrick. 

I also obviously disagree I am the worst on the board.  I don't spend hours every day talking only about GENO SMITH! as you do.  There are other things about the Jets worth talking about. And as far as those who said they liked your post, they can go F themselves as far as I am concerned.

4367710-troll-internet.jpg

Archived