Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

31 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Nice job but it won't make a difference. Sar I lives in his own universe. It is kinda like a parallel universe except everything is ass backwards. 

Oh, so the greatest evidence of Geno Smith's potential is garbage yardage against a prevent defense once we were trailing 28-6.

And I'm the one living in a parallel universe.

SAR I

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thread with Villian, in a nushell:

1. This is not about Geno.

2. Let me tell why Geno is awesome....

3. Did you just say Geno, tldr/you bore me!  I ignore you now!

4. Did I mention how great Geno is, look at these advanced stats, why.....

5. STOP BRINGING UP GENO!!!!!  This isn't about him!

6. Geno really is dreamy, he deserves a fair chance with weapons, isn't he.....

7. I'm not a Geno Fan, I just think Fitz sucks and Geno is great.  Well, great compared to all but Glennon.

8. Have you accepted the Glennon as your one true savior?  Here, have a pamphlet.....

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hmm.  1:33 of possession, 3 plays, punt.

Is this a trick question?  Like one of those hidden camera shows or something?  Wait.....wait.....maybe there was a penalty?  Wait....wait....I get it now, the Jets punted on 2nd down, right?  Because Bowles hates Geno and they wanted to make sure he failed, right?

SAR I

1:56 1 10 NYJ 20 Geno Smith pass incomplete short right intended for Brandon Marshall. Penalty on D.J. Hayden: Defensive Pass Interference, 15 yards (no play) 3 7 0.28 1.27 51.3
1 1:51 1 10 NYJ 35 Chris Ivory left guard for 1 yard (tackle by Khalil Mack and Malcolm Smith) 3 7 1.27 0.86 52.7
1 1:13 2 9 NYJ 36 Geno Smith pass incomplete short left intended for Brandon Marshall 3 7 0.86 0.17 55.1
1 1:09 3 9 NYJ 36 Geno Smith pass complete short middle to Kenbrell Thompkins for 4 yards (tackle by Charles Woodson) 3 7 0.17 -0.72 58.1
1 0:32 4 5 NYJ 40 Ryan Quigley punts 38 yards, returned by Travis Carrie for 2 yards (tackle by Darrin Walls)

Wait!  It was even worse!  It was a 4-and-out!  Geno got 4 plays to get 10 measly yards.  Nope.  Only 4 yards on 3 attempts.  LOL, Shonn Greene on his worst day averaged more.

You Myhero's are so easy, like shooting fish in a barrel or predicting that Geno Smith will suck.

SAR I

41 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Smith Fans are unreadable this week.  They simply do not understand why Smith is not playing.  The reason is he sucks.

This is about our Starter sucking so bad that he cant even put this conversation to rest. Maybe if he was able to improve on the 7-35 record against .500 or better teams, never beaten a team .500 or better on the road, 0-2 against playoff teams so far this season. 1-2 against AFC teams this season, 5TD's 10INT's 50% comp rate in his last 4 games, 2-8 vs teams that score 21 or more points since being a Jet. 

The reason why this conversation isnt going to bed is because Fitz sucks just as much, but in a different way of sucking. He's the most unreliable starter that is a vet in the league right now. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is about our Starter sucking so bad that he cant even put this conversation to rest. Maybe if he was able to improve on the 7-35 record against .500 or better teams, never beat a team .500 or better on the road, 0-2 against playoff teams so far this season. 1-2 against AFC teams this season, 5TD's 10INT's 50% comp rate in his last 4 games, 2-8 vs teams that score 21 or more points since being a Jet.

The reason why this conversation isnt going to bed is because Fitz sucks just as much, but in a different way of sucking. He's the most unreliable starter that is a vet in the league right now. 

Blah blah Fitzpatrick, blah blah Fitzpatrick, blah blah blah blah.

Everything you say is 100% correct.  Everything you say we already know.

What you're missing is that The Great Geno Smith can't beat out this bag of suck in over a year of trying.  Yet you defend him.  LOLOLOLOL

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is about our Starter sucking so bad that he cant even put this conversation to rest. Maybe if he was able to improve on the 7-35 record against .500 or better teams, never beat a team .500 or better on the road, 0-2 against playoff teams so far this season. 1-2 against AFC teams this season, 5TD's 10INT's 50% comp rate in his last 4 games, 2-8 vs teams that score 21 or more points since being a Jet. 

Not true, the 6 INT were all Bowles's fault 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Blah blah Fitzpatrick, blah blah Fitzpatrick, blah blah blah blah.

Everything you say is 100% correct.  Everything you say we already know.

What you're missing is that The Great Geno Smith can't beat out this bag of suck in over a year of trying.  Yet you defend him.  LOLOLOLOL

SAR I

What does it say about you defending a guy who received starting job after starting job via injury yet when it boils down to it ended up being nothing more than a waste of time? 

You can "LOLOLOL" all you like, at the end of the day Ryan Fitzpatrick has regressed since his Dec. 27th win against the Patriots and has only shown that he's getting worse. We have 13 more weeks to the regular season, dont be surprised if this dude is shown the bench for any one of our 3 QB's if he continue to play like what his career always showed us he was. 

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hmm.  1:33 of possession, 3 plays, punt.

Is this a trick question?  Like one of those hidden camera shows or something?  Wait.....wait.....maybe there was a penalty?  Wait....wait....I get it now, the Jets punted on 2nd down, right?  Because Bowles hates Geno and they wanted to make sure he failed, right?

SAR I

This might be a tough concept to swallow, but when you gain 20 yards in a drive, you're bound to get a FD, unless you're playing 'flag football'. So again, the term is First and TEN.

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Not true, the 6 INT were all Bowles's fault 

lol. Guys have truly been passing off those INT's to any and everyone except the guy who was actually throwing them. In the middle of the game guys were talking about how this was Chan Gailey's fault because of his play design, and im sitting here like "There were atleast 3 plays that I seen during the game that if Fitz would have just led the WR with the ball we would have 21 points right now and would be winning the game because the WR's were all wide open for the go-ahead TD". Didnt Chan Gailey all those plays? The damage control is in overdrive right now. 

I've never in my 20 years of following this team seen a Jets QB receive this level of defending via damage control. I cant even explain it bro. 

I dont know how many other of the 31 HC could have done that, but trust me, this isnt a cop out. I know damn well Fitz should have been benched. I said it when the game was live and they put him out there after he threw his fourth pick of the game. I wrote "Why is Fitzpatrick still on the f'ing field". 

I know it was a dumb situation, but so was naming a free agent the starter, so was signing Fitz to 12 Million dollars. Its not a cop out, but given some of the terrible decisions that this coaching staff/front office has made when it comes to the QB position im just making the assumption that  the mentality that is required to pay 12 million to a journeyman as well as name him the starter while still being a free agent had to be in play here. Only that type of mentality or way of thinking would allow Fitz to complete that game and end it the way he did. Not only did they not pull him, but they kept making him pass the ball when the game really wasnt out of reach until the pick 6 was thrown. It was the worst. 

We both know that any respectable coach worth the job he has would have snatched Fitz right off the field. 

Agree with everything you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know how many other of the 31 HC could have done that, but trust me, this isnt a cop out. I know damn well Fitz should have been benched. I said it when the game was live and they put him out there after he threw his fourth pick of the game. I wrote "Why is Fitzpatrick still on the f'ing field". 

I know it was a dumb situation, but so was naming a free agent the starter, so was signing Fitz to 12 Million dollars. Its not a cop out, but given some of the terrible decisions that this coaching staff/front office has made when it comes to the QB position im just making the assumption that  the mentality that is required to pay 12 million to a journeyman as well as name him the starter while still being a free agent had to be in play here. Only that type of mentality or way of thinking would allow Fitz to complete that game and end it the way he did. Not only did they not pull him, but they kept making him pass the ball when the game really wasnt out of reach until the pick 6 was thrown. It was the worst. 

We both know that any respectable coach worth the job he has would have snatched Fitz right off the field. 

Agree with everything you said.

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. Guys have truly been passing off those INT's to any and everyone except the guy who was actually throwing them. In the middle of the game guys were talking about how this was Chan Gailey's fault because of his play design, and im sitting here like "There were atleast 3 plays that I seen during the game that if Fitz would have just led the WR with the ball we would have 21 points right now and would be winning the game because the WR's were all wide open for the go-ahead TD". Didnt Chan Gailey all those plays? The damage control is in overdrive right now. 

I've never in my 20 years of following this team seen a Jets QB receive this level of defending via damage control. I cant even explain it bro. 

It's not damage control. He's a mediocre QB. He's only here for a year. Relax

Just now, Matt39 said:

This is the reason you dont overspend when you dont have a QB. While everyone was busy blowing Maccagnan last year a few saw the longterm outlook as bleak. There are some really bad contracts on the defense.

the guy won 10 games last year and the alternative was geno.  

mccags doesn't have the same sense of urgency as we do.  he doesn't have nearly the level of frustration as we do.  his record as gm is 11-8, and that's with a bad qb.  he's grooming 2 qbs.  leonard williams was runner up in defensive rookie of the year, and darron lee looks great.  his timeframe is longer than our patience, which generally sits at absolute zero.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

the guy won 10 games last year and the alternative was geno.  

mccags doesn't have the same sense of urgency as we do.  he doesn't have nearly the level of frustration as we do.  his record as gm is 11-8, and that's with a bad qb.  he's grooming 2 qbs.  leonard williams was runner up in defensive rookie of the year, and darron lee looks great.  his timeframe is longer than our patience, which generally sits at absolute zero.

Fitzpatrick was actually a good move if we're keeping it in context of the overspending on defense. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is about our Starter sucking so bad that he cant even put this conversation to rest. Maybe if he was able to improve on the 7-35 record against .500 or better teams, never beaten a team .500 or better on the road, 0-2 against playoff teams so far this season. 1-2 against AFC teams this season, 5TD's 10INT's 50% comp rate in his last 4 games, 2-8 vs teams that score 21 or more points since being a Jet. 

Fitzpatrick was the offensive player of the week the week before.   Somehow in your fealty to all things Geno Smith you seem to have forgotten that.

Why cherry pick his last four games...  Oh I get it!

You know you really suck at this kind of thing.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

What does it say about you defending a guy who received starting job after starting job via injury yet when it boils down to it ended up being nothing more than a waste of time?

Get. This. Through. Your. Head.

I am not defending Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I don't like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting is because he's the lesser of four evils.  The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the team is because Geno Smith sucks so bad.

What I want is an apology for 1) Geno Smith busting so hard that we had to pick up Ryan Fitzpatrick in the first place and 2) Geno Smith blowing the Oakland game and costing us our 11th win and the playoffs.  Apologize.

SAR I

Archived