Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

This might be a tough concept to swallow, but when you gain 20 yards in a drive, you're bound to get a FD, unless you're playing 'flag football'. So again, the term is First and TEN.

Play 1:  1st Down: Incomplete pass w/defensive penalty. +10 yards
Play 2:  1st Down: Incomplete pass.
Play 3:  2nd Down: Short run. +5 yards.
Play 4:  3rd Down: Complete pass. +4 yards.
Play 5:  4th Down:  Punt

I don't know, looks like a 4-and-out to me.  You should have left it at 3-and-out, sounded better, makes Geno a more dominant quarterback.

SAR I

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Big Blocker said:

Fitzpatrick was the offensive player of the week the week before.   Somehow in your fealty to all things Geno Smith you seem to have forgotten that.

Why cherry pick his last four games...  Oh I get it!

You know you really suck at this kind of thing.

I didnt forget that Fitz was the offensive player of the week last week. It was posted here. However, many must have missed my post back when he played like sh*t against the Bengals I said "Now watch Fitz have a good game against the Bills (a bad team) and suddenly this guy is great and watch how people forget how he played against a playoff caliber team. Thats exactly wtf happened. 

The week after that he faces another playoff caliber team and not just had the worst performance of the week, but arguably in Jets history as a QB. 

You can call me all types of Geno supporters you like, you can call me a cherry picker while you ignore Fitz latest game while at the same time hang on to his game last week. You can do all of that you want. You can make this seem like this is just for people wanting Geno to play. We can remove Geno from the equation and talk strictly Bryce Petty. The bottomline is that Fitz played poorly enough to be questioned about his ability to be the starter for the Jets when the schedule is not filled with slapd_ck teams like it was last season. 

In 3 games we've played 2 playoff teams from last season. The first game Fitz goes 2-5 in the Redzone while throwing a game ending pick and guys blame Nick Folk. In our 3rd game Fitz converts 0 redzone attempts but instead throws 3 picks in the endzone and guys are now blaming Geno Smith. 

How about this, how about we cut Geno but bench Fitz? How about letting Bryce Petty play? I mean, since this is always about Geno Smith right? How about Macc just cut him? Does it change that Fitzpatrick just threw 6 picks in the game and has regressed since playing the Pats last year? 

How in one breath you say that im "bad at this" then in another breath people keep saying that "we knew what Fitz was". Its either im bad at this or Fitz is what Fitz is. 

Let Bryce Petty start if Fitz continues on this path. 

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Get. This. Through. Your. Head.

I am not defending Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I don't like Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting is because he's the lesser of four evils.  The only reason Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the team is because Geno Smith sucks so bad.

What I want is an apology for 1) Geno Smith busting so hard that we had to pick up Ryan Fitzpatrick in the first place and 2) Geno Smith blowing the Oakland game and costing us our 11th win and the playoffs.  Apologize.

SAR I

Oh, so you're not defending Ryan Fitzpatrick, you're just blaming Geno Smith for Ryan Fitzpatrick???

lol. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How about this, how about we cut Geno but bench Fitz? How about letting Bryce Petty play?

Also know to some of us as "the day we are no longer in playoff contention 2016".

I don't think you'll find many who would argue against this.  Not "Fitz fans" at least.

You're more likely to get pushback from Geno Guys who'll say he should get the shot, not Petty.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh, so you're not defending Ryan Fitzpatrick, you're just blaming Geno Smith for Ryan Fitzpatrick???

Had Geno been what Geno Fans think he is, we never see Fitz take a snap in Jets Green.

So yes, Fitz being our starter is Geno Smith's fault.  Rather obviously, actually.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Also know to some of us as "the day we are no longer in playoff contention 2016".

I don't think you'll find many who would argue against this.  Not "Fitz fans" at least.

You're more likely to get pushback from Geno Guys who'll say he should get the shot, not Petty.

Had Geno been what Geno Fans think he is, we never see Fitz take a snap in Jets Green.

So yes, Fitz being our starter is Geno Smith's fault.  Rather obviously, actually.

I dont know what Geno fans think. Maybe you should elaborate since you know so much on it. And even with that poor explanation, it doesnt change the fact that Fitz is completely squandering the opportunity to the point where the Jets basically are wasting a "developmental year" on a 34 year old. 

Thats the front office fault. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know what Geno fans think. Maybe you should elaborate since you know so much on it. And even with that poor explanation, it doesnt change the fact that Fitz is completely squandering the opportunity to the point where the Jets basically are wasting a "developmental year" on a 34 year old. 

Thats the front office fault. 

they're developing 2 qbs, not 3.  that's how mccags looks at it.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

they're developing 2 qbs, not 3.  that's how mccags looks at it.

When you hold 4 QB's on the roster with 3 being under rookie contracts and 1 you had every single opportunity to cut if you wanted to, I think its fair to say that the above is how you look at it. 

If for example, Fitz plays his way to the bench or is injured and Geno comes out puts together a great performance, you think they're just going to let him walk? They didnt let a 34 year old journeyman walk. You think they're going to let a 25 year old walk if he shows signs of having the answers at the position? 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know what Geno fans think.

Lol.

Maybe you should elaborate since you know so much on it.

I think enough electrons have been wasted on that dead-end topic, thanks.

....it doesnt change the fact that Fitz is completely squandering the opportunity to the point where the Jets basically are wasting a "developmental year" on a 34 year old. 

Yes, Fitz is playing like sh*t.  And Geno is worse (in the eyes of the Organization).

Shame we don't have a better win-now option, eh?  If we did Bowles could make a change.

But hey, at least we might get to see Petty play some this year.  If the year is to be a lost season, I can at least take comfort in that.

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Play 1:  1st Down: Incomplete pass w/defensive penalty. +10 yards

Did that happen to be a defensive pass interference by any chance? Im guessing you missed the part where the DPI happened and gave the Jets a FD (right at the FD marker). 

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Play 2:  1st Down: Incomplete pass.
Play 3:  2nd Down: Short run. +5 yards.
Play 4:  3rd Down: Complete pass. +4 yards.
Play 5:  4th Down:  Punt

I don't know, looks like a 4-and-out to me.  You should have left it at 3-and-out, sounded better, makes Geno a more dominant quarterback.

SAR I

So you don't understand the meaning of 3 and out. Ok good. 

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didnt forget that Fitz was the offensive player of the week last week. It was posted here. However, many must have missed my post back when he played like sh*t against the Bengals I said "Now watch Fitz have a good game against the Bills (a bad team) and suddenly this guy is great and watch how people forget how he played against a playoff caliber team. Thats exactly wtf happened. 

The week after that he faces another playoff caliber team and not just had the worst performance of the week, but arguably in Jets history as a QB. 

You can call me all types of Geno supporters you like, you can call me a cherry picker while you ignore Fitz latest game while at the same time hang on to his game last week. You can do all of that you want. You can make this seem like this is just for people wanting Geno to play. We can remove Geno from the equation and talk strictly Bryce Petty. The bottomline is that Fitz played poorly enough to be questioned about his ability to be the starter for the Jets when the schedule is not filled with slapd_ck teams like it was last season. 

In 3 games we've played 2 playoff teams from last season. The first game Fitz goes 2-5 in the Redzone while throwing a game ending pick and guys blame Nick Folk. In our 3rd game Fitz converts 0 redzone attempts but instead throws 3 picks in the endzone and guys are now blaming Geno Smith. 

How about this, how about we cut Geno but bench Fitz? How about letting Bryce Petty play? I mean, since this is always about Geno Smith right? How about Macc just cut him? Does it change that Fitzpatrick just threw 6 picks in the game and has regressed since playing the Pats last year? 

How in one breath you say that im "bad at this" then in another breath people keep saying that "we knew what Fitz was". Its either im bad at this or Fitz is what Fitz is. 

Let Bryce Petty start if Fitz continues on this path. 

You're a cherry picker but he's not, as he sites his 1 good game in his last 4.

Dude, this sh*t is seriously making my brain hurt.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You're a cherry picker but he's not, as he sites his 1 good game in his last 4.

Dude, this sh*t is seriously making my brain hurt.  

Im such a Geno cherry picker that when I say "lets remove Geno from the equation, better yet lets cut him...how about giving Bryce an opportunity". Suddenly he stops responding. lol. 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Funny, I would think a Jets Fan would have trouble "enjoying" the week after an embarrassment like Sunday.

Different strokes I guess.

Sadly fans have gone into the pacification mode on this one, people say it all the time this country is raising wimps too scared to voice negative opinions. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im having as much enjoyment as you did when you heard the IK news. Atleast mines has to do with football. 

Different strokes indeed. 

I didn't enjoy seeing out starting QB get his glass jaw beat up due to his own stupidity and immaturity combined with one of Rex's goons roid rage.  

I was, as I was this past Sunday, horribly embarrassed and dissapointed.

But I'm happy for you that you get to have so much pleasure this week.  You, Joe, you guys get to be right on the internet,

The best kind of right, far better than winning games.  /softclapforVillian

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. 

If you don't like watching precious fitzy throw 6 INT's (and a fumble that he was lucky enough to recover) that means you're a "smith fan" :lol:

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

LOL "smith fan" ... you post like a whiny 12 year old 

worst on the board.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im a cherry picker but when I say "lets remove Geno, better yet lets cut him...how about giving Bryce an opportunity". Suddenly he stops responding. lol. 

I'm probably a Geno fan too even though I've literally said 100 times I could give **** who it is...just give one of the kids a shot. 

Geno fans. lmfao.  I'm not a fan of anyone.  I'm fan of the Jets.  And I love Fitz.  He's a great guy and easy to root for.  Just wish he didnt suck.

Just now, Warfish said:

I didn't enjoy seeing out starting QB get beat up due to his own stupidity and immaturity combined with one of Rex's goons roid rage.  

But I'm happy for you that you get to have so much pleasure this week.  You, Joe, you guys get to be right on the internet,

I think enough of your electrons have been wasted on that dead-end topic remember? Thanks. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Put a damn rookie QB in who will at least try and show us some hope instead of a washed up journeyman gypsy bum who is the choke artist of the NFL. 

271 pass attempts from rookies this year.  1 INT.  That 1 INT came from a guy who was called to action due to an injury. So in essence, not a single starting rookie QB has thrown a pick.  Our 12 year vet, just threw 6 but shame on us for expecting a better performance. 

Just now, JiF said:

Geno fans. lmfao.  I'm not a fan of anyone.  I'm fan of the Jets.  And I love Fitz.  He's a great guy and easy to root for.  Just wish he didnt suck.

I'm a fan of Fitz, although it's clear he's not earning that devotion.

I'm a fan of Petty, I think the kid has potential and liked what I saw this preseason.

I'm not a fan of Geno, but if he played and played well he could win me over.  Just don't believe that'll happen, but it'd be great of it did.

I'm no a fan of Hack, thought the pick was dumb honestly, but I'm happy to give him time to develop.  Because he needs it, at least 2 years on pine before we can really judge IMO.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I didn't enjoy seeing out starting QB get his glass jaw beat up due to his own stupidity and immaturity combined with one of Rex's goons roid rage.  

Pleasure?  How about we are fans who have had enough of this bullsh*t with this team we want change we want results we want wins we want a Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If you don't like watching precious fitzy throw 6 INT's (and a fumble that he was lucky enough to recover) that means you're a "smith fan" :lol:

Dude, Fitz has fumbled in every game this season. The fact that he's even recovered them was just the luck of the draw. This dude has thrown 7 INT's and fumbled 3 times. 

And peoples defense is how a 1st and 2nd year player played like a 1st and 2nd year player and his private penis pics. Whats up with Jets fans infatuation with "pics" anyway? lol. How many years ago was that and we hear about these pics atleast once a month by some guy who considers himself a "grown man". lol. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

mccags is doing his best to make sure they don't keep trotting out their own garbage qbs by giving petty and hack a bit more time.  

Other teams start rookies WHY NOT THE JETS sick and tired of we are grooming them PLEASE if these rookies are learning from Fitzpatrick GOD HELP US

Just now, Warfish said:

I'm a fan of Fitz, although it's clear he's not earning that devotion.

I'm a fan of Petty, I think the kid has potential and liked what I saw this preseason.

I'm not a fan of Geno, but if he played and played well he could win me over.  Just don't believe that'll happen, but it'd be great of it did.

I'm no a fan of Hack, thought the pick was dumb honestly, but I'm happy to give him time to develop.  Because he needs it, at least 2 years on pine before we can really judge IMO.

I'm fan of the Jets.  Whether I like a player or not for some ambiguous reason is irrelevant.  

You're not a fan of a player that has never played.  Why?  Is it his fault the Jets drafted him?  

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, Fitz has fumbled in every game this season. The fact that he's even recovered them was just the luck of the draw. This dude has thrown 7 INT's and fumbled 3 times. 

And peoples defense is how a 1st and 2nd year player played like a 1st and 2nd year player and his private penis pics. Whats up with Jets fans infatuation with "pics" anyway? lol. How many years ago was that and we hear about these pics atleast once a month by some guy who considers himself a "grown man". lol. 

You would think a good HC and GM would see this as you do, and play the kid if he were the better choice, wouldn't you?

Guess you were just kidding about the "cut Geno, bench Fitz, play Petty and we can all get along" idea, eh?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Other teams start rookies WHY NOT THE JETS sick and tired of we are grooming them PLEASE if these rookies are learning from Fitzpatrick GOD HELP US

i agree, the problem began when geno broke his jaw and fitz did relatively well.  so the braintrust figured they had the first half of this year to make a run with the vets before petty gets his shot.  that's reasonable, though frustrating.  but mccags has a different view of things.  he's 11-8 as gm, not carrying decades of futility and heartbreak around with him.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

mccags is doing his best to make sure they don't keep trotting out their own garbage qbs by giving petty and hack a bit more time.  

I agree with this statement, so why not try Geno then? We have 4 QB's on this roster. We can play a QB not named Petty/Hackenberg. Dont get me wrong, im not calling for Fitz job at this moment, im simply saying that the subject is most definitely open for discussion at this point though if Fitz doesnt turn things around. 

Archived