Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Geno plays 2nd half vs. a soft defense because game is out of reach?

Yes, and that becomes the Magical Third Datapoint which leads to him reinstated as our starting quarterback.

Datapoint 1:  Geno had a perfect passer rating once in 2014 Week 17 which was an exhibition between two losing teams 60 minutes from vacation.

Datapoint 2:  Geno went full-compiler once in a second half in 2015 against the Raiders who went prevent with a 28-6 lead.

Datapoint 3:  The next time an NFL defense takes a day off against a bad football team.

SAR I

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

I have been and am rooting for Fitz to play well!  

Optimistic prediction:  Jets 31, Pitt 17

Fitz lights it up and finally, for the first time as a Jet, beats a good team.

BUT, I can't deny reality...  it's not likely.

And it's not baby steps for Geno.  It's baby steps for Bowles growing a pair.

Geno had all of the first team snaps through OTAs etc until Fitz signed in late July. So he should know exactly how to run this offense. He played in pre-season and wasn't very good, Petty outplayed him. But he is next man up today for the Jets and if Fitz plays horribly or gets injured I hope he does great. As far as I'm concerned if he gets the opportunity to play this year it is up to him to try to re-establish himself. If he takes the opportunity and does something with it he helps himself and the team. If he flops I'm not listening to excuses. It's hard to get a chance to play as a Qb in the NFL. There is only one guy who really gets that chance whereas with other positions people can be rotated in and out and you get an opportunity. Bowles is not the problem with the Qb position. Geno is not his first option and shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Geno plays 2nd half vs. a soft defense because game is out of reach?

It is a start and could lead to a start.  We know how Fitz is playing this year but we don't know how Geno would be this year.  I know he hasn't done anything in the past but it would be prudent to at least see if he has made progress with some quality tools to play with.  I am not a Geno lover or a Fitz lover as far as that goes.  I don't think either is the answer but if Fitz bombs in the first half again I think the responsible thing to do would be to at least give Geno the rest of the game, and if he does well a couple of starts to make sure we aren't making a mistake by letting him walk.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Precisely.

And yet there are some who think a quarterback change cures all our problems.  Crazy.

SAR I

Some of these guys think that everything is about the Qb. Look you can win without a great Qb and no Qb can overcome the general bad play of the Jets the past several weeks. And the secondary has been terrible all season. Fitz is not having a good year but except for the KC game he has not been horrible. He is often throwing into coverages late in the game because the team is playing from behind often trailing by 2 Tds. Plus Jets playmakers are not making outstanding plays we have guys dropping balls- a lot. Last week the Seahawks playmakers made outstanding catches. If they hadn't it would have been a much closer game. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, and that becomes the Magical Third Datapoint which leads to him reinstated as our starting quarterback.

Datapoint 1:  Geno had a perfect passer rating once in 2014 Week 17 which was an exhibition between two losing teams 60 minutes from vacation.

Datapoint 2:  Geno went full-compiler once in a second half in 2015 against the Raiders who went prevent with a 28-6 lead.

Datapoint 3:  The next time an NFL defense takes a day off against a bad football team.

SAR I

Is your fear that Geno might do wellthen get a start and do well again in a meaningful game?

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Some of these guys think that everything is about the Qb. Look you can win without a great Qb and no Qb can overcome the general bad play of the Jets the past several weeks. And the secondary has been terrible all season. Fitz is not having a good year but except for the KC game he has not been horrible. He is often throwing into coverages late in the game because the team is playing from behind often trailing by 2 Tds. Plus Jets playmakers are not making outstanding plays we have guys dropping balls- a lot. Last week the Seahawks playmakers made outstanding catches. If they hadn't it would have been a much closer game. 

I agree that you can win with an average QB but you can't win with a QB that throws to the other team as much as he does his own.  The defense hasn't played great but when you keep giving the ball away they spend too much time on the field with the other team having too good field position.  It is a recipe for disaster.

13 minutes ago, Joejet said:

It is a start and could lead to a start.  We know how Fitz is playing this year but we don't know how Geno would be this year.  I know he hasn't done anything in the past but it would be prudent to at least see if he has made progress with some quality tools to play with.  I am not a Geno lover or a Fitz lover as far as that goes.  I don't think either is the answer but if Fitz bombs in the first half again I think the responsible thing to do would be to at least give Geno the rest of the game, and if he does well a couple of starts to make sure we aren't making a mistake by letting him walk.

Respectable answer.

32 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I agree that you can win with an average QB but you can't win with a QB that throws to the other team as much as he does his own.  The defense hasn't played great but when you keep giving the ball away they spend too much time on the field with the other team having too good field position.  It is a recipe for disaster.

It's not black and white. If the defense could actually play defense Fitz wouldn't have to try and imitate Dan Marino.  He's a gritty game manager not Sammy Slingin Baugh. Nor can the OL generate a running game. But what choice does Gailey have when they're constantly behind. This defense is pathetic.  Mac, Bowles, the DC, and the D players are to blame for this mess. I don't care how many points you put on the board, without a top flight D, you're gonna lose. 

10 minutes ago, Powpow said:

It's not black and white. If the defense could actually play defense Fitz wouldn't have to try and imitate Dan Marino.  He's a gritty game manager not Sammy Slingin Baugh. Nor can the OL generate a running game. But what choice does Gailey have when they're constantly behind. This defense is pathetic.  Mac, Bowles, the DC, and the D players are to blame for this mess. I don't care how many points you put on the board, without a top flight D, you're gonna lose. 

I agree that it's not black and white.  The defense definitely needs to step up their game.  I also agree that Fitz is a gritty game manager, but you have to agree that he has managed to play crappy the last two weeks and was only so so in week one.

55 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Look when you throw the ball as much as Fitz has had to you can be susceptible to picks esp playing from behind. But imo he has not played well esp the last two weeks. I heard I think it was Don LeGreca on the pre-game show (on radio) talking about the two rookie Qbs, Wentz and Prescott and the fact that a lot of their success is that they have not had to throw the ball that much they are somewhere in the 20's whereas Fitz has had to throw in the 40's. So a good percentage of those picks are playing from behind. 

12 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I agree that it's not black and white.  The defense definitely needs to step up their game.  I also agree that Fitz is a gritty game manager, but you have to agree that he has managed to play crappy the last two weeks and was only so so in week one.

He played well enough to win vs. the Bengals and Seahawks. He's not Dan ****n Marino. Gailey needs to establish the run but wtf they can't run block. His red zone play calling has been abysmal these games.  He's forcing Fitz to play beyond his skill set. But what choice does he have. This defense is a joke. :ahhh:

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Playing last word while self-proclaiming a victory only extends and draws attention to the foolishness you've demonstrated. Better to drop it and hopr one of these other buffoons one-ups you.

Uh, I see you're begging for help. Carry on. It's what you've always done. It's the only time your garbage has made any sense. For the record, you're probably the most happiest Jets fan out there right now. Your dream of having the worst team in the league, is on. I do suspect that won't happen though.  

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Uh, I see you're begging for help. Carry on. It's what you've always done. It's the only time your garbage has made any sense. For the record, you're probably the most happiest Jets fan out there right now. Your dream of having the worst team in the league, is on. I do suspect that won't happen though.  

Most happiest.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You guys?

SAR is the only one saying it, he's working you all over like a boss.

SAR and your asses have been owned plenty of times.

'You guys' last retort is, ironically, "bad debating". 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly, given that our starter is hot garbage and all...like a boss. 

6 months building an alternate reality isn't therapeutic... it requires therapy.

Fitz is junk. Doesn't make the Geno flailing any less absurd. I think that's been the crux of this all along.

Just now, j4jets said:

When you get reps from Villain n think he's actually agreeing with you...

imagegif

I know he wasn't agreeing with me. I was giving him credit for burning me by repping, after the comment I made.

How do you need this explained? 

Archived