Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

You , sir are pretty good at trolling AND dumb. Next time, try disputing my argument with anything but "Geno sucks" or "Petty had a couple of good passes" or "their opposition was similarly talented". Those are some of the worst arguments here. 

Those aren't arguments. They are facts.

Geno's starting experience = he sucked. Preseason, Petty faced the same 2nd and 3rd string defenses as Geno.

Again, silly, I'm not disputing you. I'm telling you that you've propped your arguments up on bad logic. Not facts. Not first-hand knowledge or evidence. Just hypotheticals, which are the premise for the bad logic.

If you'd said you want Geno because the magic 8-ball said he's the one, I could respect that. But arguing that his history of bad play is not indicative of his potential because of made-up hypothetical results is bad logic.

Theres really no argument for that. It is, what it is. Even if I supported Geno I'd rip on you for this, because I hate when bad logic and bad debaters hurt my cause. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Those aren't arguments. They are facts.

Geno's starting experience = he sucked. Preseason, Petty faced the same 2nd and 3rd string defenses as Geno.

Again, silly, I'm not disputing you. I'm telling you that you've propped your arguments up on bad logic. Not facts. Not first-hand knowledge or evidence. Just hypotheticals, which are the premise for the bad logic.

If you'd said you want Geno because the magic 8-ball said he's the one, I could respect that. But arguing that his history of bad play is not indicative of his potential because of made-up hypothetical results is bad logic.

Theres really no argument for that. It is, what it is. Even if I supported Geno I'd rip on you for this, because I hate when bad logic and bad debaters hurt my cause. 

It amazes me amount of garbage you type here. Continue believing in your crap. 

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I hell no Fitzpatrick has been the reason we aren't competitive on the file the guy us a turnover machine. You cannot win football games with 9 INTs in 2 games.

joewilly12

He doesn't have 9 interceptions in 2 games; he has 1 interception in 2 games.

SAR I

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sure, 9ints in 2 games, worst starting qb in the league, 4th qtr turnover machine and he's suddenly the least of our problems.

Of course he is when it comes from people who speak more about our backup then they do our starter. I can see how guys would consider our backup more of a problem than the worst qb in the league that's on a trajectory to have one of the all-time worst qb seasons in league history.

But yeah, the least of our problems. Keep up the damage control.

You mean 1 interception in 2 games, one of the solid journeyman quarterbacks in the league, beat the Bills, had the Bengals beat, took the best defense in the league into the 4th quarter against the Seahawks.

I'm sorry these are the facts.  I wish your make-believe was the proper narrative.  Then you wouldn't be so mad all the time.

SAR I

8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I'm surprised we ONLY lost by 10 last week.   A strange way of saying if we had good QB play.....we could have beaten KC and Seattle.  As bad as our secondary is..... we gave up 27 and 24 and had almost NO production on offense. 

The only way to beat the Jets is through the air and that's a high risk strategy for an opposing offense.  So when they get up by a comfortable double-digit score, they shut it down, they run the ball, they dump off, they kill clock. 

KC and Seattle could have scored double their totals if they had to.  Fitzpatrick could have put up 10 touchdowns in those two games, the defense would have given up 12.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This could very well be the last time we see Ryan Fitzpatrick play a snap for the jets.. Or possibly the NFL.. If he has a very bad first half, he is out of half.. I hope he someone turns in around and comes out playing like his job/rest of his career is on the line.. 

Do you watch the games?

Bengals - he had the game won at the 2 minute warning before the defense choked the game away.
Bills -  he played his best game as a Jet, better than any game last year, AFC Player of The Week.
Seahawks - he played the best secondary in the NFL and had us within 4 before our D blew the comeback momentum.

This isn't the resume of a quarterback on the brink.  This is the resume of a journeyman who is doing his job while the phases of the game in which we were supposed to dominate fail time and time again.  We were supposed to win on defense, we're supposed to have Top 5 defensive talent, Fitzpatrick is supposed to be a safe game manager.  Instead he's time and time again being asked to sling the ball like Brett Favre when we're down two scores late and attempting a desperation comeback.

If you're looking for someone to blame, if you truly think this could be "the last time we see xxxxx xxxxxx in a Jets uniform", those names would be Darrelle Revis, David Harris, and Calvin Pryor.  Those are your culprits.  Or, since you're attempting a hatchet job, those are your scapegoats.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Do you watch the games?

Bengals - he had the game won at the 2 minute warning before the defense choked the game away.
Bills -  he played his best game as a Jet, better than any game last year, AFC Player of The Week.
Seahawks - he played the best secondary in the NFL and had us within 4 before our D blew the comeback momentum.

This isn't the resume of a quarterback on the brink.  This is the resume of a journeyman who is doing his job while the phases of the game in which we were supposed to dominate fail time and time again.  We were supposed to win on defense, we're supposed to have Top 5 defensive talent, Fitzpatrick is supposed to be a safe game manager.  Instead he's time and time again being asked to sling the ball like Brett Favre when we're down two scores late and attempting a desperation comeback.

If you're looking for someone to blame, if you truly think this could be "the last time we see xxxxx xxxxxx in a Jets uniform", those names would be Darrelle Revis, David Harris, and Calvin Pryor.  Those are your culprits.  Or, since you're attempting a hatchet job, those are your scapegoats.

SAR I

Lol if you do watch the games I'd tell you to get a better pair of glasses.. bengals game fitz barely completed half his passes.. Struggled big time in the red zone, and of course choked at the end with the pick. 

The bills game was the only game he did well.. Interesting you forgot to mention the other two games. 9 picks in 2 games ? Including the very worst performance ever by a qb ?

Sure the D hasn't been great, but that doesn't excuse the God aweful play from Fitzpatrick. 

Bowles is not going to allow this guy to destroy the season.. He either picks it up tomorrow or he's going on the bench and geno is in.. If geno does as bad as fitz he too will be on the bench in a few weeks and petty will get a shot when he is back. My fear is teams know fitz cannot throw deep, at least with any accuracy.. So it's too easy for the D's to play up front due to fitz extreme " shortcomings "

Ofcourse let's hope Ryan Fitzpatrick play somehow does a 360 tomorrow..Pray for a miracle..This is not the easy schedule he had last yr..

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You mean 1 interception in 2 games, one of the solid journeyman quarterbacks in the league, beat the Bills, had the Bengals beat, took the best defense in the league into the 4th quarter against the Seahawks.

I'm sorry these are the facts.  I wish your make-believe was the proper narrative.  Then you wouldn't be so mad all the time.

SAR I

Stop being so logical. Your giving  this board a bad name. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I must admit that I'm laughing at the double standards, damage control, recreation of the stats (1 int in 2 games, down from the 9 on the books), the "almost win" which was really just a loss when you factor in the int thrown to end the drive, etc., etc. 

It's only reconfirming to see you guys now call stats on the books "make believe". 

I'm not mad, I called this a year ago. 

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol if you do watch the games I'd tell you to get a better pair of glasses.. bengals game fitz barely completed half his passes.. Struggled big time in the red zone, and of course choked at the end with the pick. 

The bills game was the only game he did well.. Interesting you forgot to mention the other two games. 9 picks in 2 games ? Including the very worst performance ever by a qb ?

Sure the D hasn't been great, but that doesn't excuse the God aweful play from Fitzpatrick. 

Bowles is not going to allow this guy to destroy the season.. He either picks it up tomorrow or he's going on the bench and geno is in.. If geno does as bad as fitz he too will be on the bench in a few weeks and petty will get a shot when he is back. My fear is teams know fitz cannot throw deep, at least with any accuracy.. So it's too easy for the D's to play up front due to fitz extreme " shortcomings "

Ofcourse let's hope Ryan Fitzpatrick play somehow does a 360 tomorrow..Pray for a miracle..This is not the easy schedule he had last yr..

If he does a 360 he'll be right where he was before the 360, no?

Also while I'm sympathetic to your POV, I disagree with he bolded part of your post. Even if he miraculously gets pulled vs Pittsburgh, he'll still start vs. Arizona unless he's injured. 

So don't pray for a Fitzmiracle. A miracle Fitz performance for this week will buy him enough credibility with Bowles to give him the easy upcoming starts that should be Petty's (or as many as possible should be Petty's anyway). I honestly think Bowles will stick with Fitz anyway, even absent a miracle game vs Pittsburgh. Giving MM the benefit of the doubt, he may not have caved to re-sign him to this or a similar deal if his HC didn't want him back so badly. So leaving in Fitz long enough to play vs the "easy" ones will help make the decision to bring him back appear less stupid. 

My guess is he'll finally make the QB switch after the bye week as long as Fitz is still healthy through week 10. Hope I'm wrong, but if Fitz has a letdown game at home vs the Rams, that final dagger in the season (I figure a Rams loss would put us at 3-7, or 4-6 at best, by then), plus the extra week off, will be perfect excuses to finally make the change that should have been made weeks earlier. 

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Bingo.  It's the stat guys only noticing thing like INTs.  Fitz sucked for the Cincinnati game.  Think he left at least two easy TDs out there by missing open WRs in the red/end zone.  

The INTs are bad, no doubt about it, but even worse is his general inability to find open receivers, lack of an arm to make most throws, and putrid accuracy.

I don't see what makes him good.

1. Contrary to popular belief, he not football smart.  He's phuckin dumb as sh*t.  He cannot read a defense and find open WRs.
  2. He has a very weak arm which severely limits/hurts the offense.
  3. His accuracy is wildly inconsistent at best.

What does he do well?  Pocket presence maybe?  Pre-snap reads sometimes?

9 hours ago, j4jets said:

There was never any doubt to begin with. 

Playing last word while self-proclaiming a victory only extends and draws attention to the foolishness you've demonstrated. Better to drop it and hopr one of these other buffoons one-ups you.

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

What is going on is that if you are only going to point out the 9 interceptions in the last 2 games then I am only going to point out the 1 interception in the first 2 games.  You want to play selective statistics I can do that too.

How about we skip the semantics and get to the point:  Ryan Fitzpatrick blew the KC game, just awful.  However, he played very well in the other 3 games and isn't the reason we lost 2 of them.  Let's start with that.  Let's start with the truth.  We are a team that doesn't have a franchise quarterback.  Geno Smith busted.  It's a shame.  So we are left with the dregs of the NFL and the one we chose is actually playing very well vs. his capabilities and the expectations we have of him.  If our defense showed up against the Bengals and Seahawks like they were supposed to, we'd be 3-1 right now and talking about playoff scenarios.

SAR I

8 hours ago, Powpow said:

Stop being so logical. Your giving  this board a bad name. 

I know, I really should stop.

After all, it's not the Top 5 defense that's playing like Bottom 25.  It's not the running back who is playing so well he's made us forget about Chris Ivory.  It's not the secondary that is giving up unprecedented amounts of yardage to pedestrian wide receivers.  It's not Darrelle Revis, David Harris, or Mo Wilkerson whose huge contracts haven't taken the dominance and effort off their games.  It's not Robby Anderson who has made us forget Eric Decker.  It's not Chan Gailey's brilliant playcalling.  It's not Todd Bowles who inspires men to victory and makes fantastic in-game adjustments.

Nah, it's Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Just that guy.  The journeyman band aid.  Blame him.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If he does a 360 he'll be right where he was before the 360, no?

Also while I'm sympathetic to your POV, I disagree with he bolded part of your post. Even if he miraculously gets pulled vs Pittsburgh, he'll still start vs. Arizona unless he's injured. 

So don't pray for a Fitzmiracle. A miracle Fitz performance for this week will buy him enough credibility with Bowles to give him the easy upcoming starts that should be Petty's (or as many as possible should be Petty's anyway). I honestly think Bowles will stick with Fitz anyway, even absent a miracle game vs Pittsburgh. Giving MM the benefit of the doubt, he may not have caved to re-sign him to this or a similar deal if his HC didn't want him back so badly. So leaving in Fitz long enough to play vs the "easy" ones will help make the decision to bring him back appear less stupid. 

My guess is he'll finally make the QB switch after the bye week as long as Fitz is still healthy through week 10. Hope I'm wrong, but if Fitz has a letdown game at home vs the Rams, that final dagger in the season (I figure a Rams loss would put us at 3-7, or 4-6 at best, by then), plus the extra week off, will be perfect excuses to finally make the change that should have been made weeks earlier. 

Bowles will never make a quarerback switch if Fitzpatrick keeps playing at his current level because Fitzpatrick isn't playing badly and a quarterback switch won't light a fire under the defense. 

Revis, Harris, and Wilkerson are fat and happy rich guys, they could care less about winning.  Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenberg, Smith, makes no difference.  These defensive players are our problem.  They have no passion.  They are not leaders.  They do not inspire.  They cannot be inspired. 

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bowles will never make a quarerback switch if Fitzpatrick keeps playing at his current level because Fitzpatrick isn't playing badly and a quarterback switch won't light a fire under the defense. 

Revis, Harris, and Wilkerson are fat and happy rich guys, they could care less about winning.  Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenberg, Smith, makes no difference.  These defensive players are our problem.  They have no passion.  They are not leaders.  They do not inspire.  They cannot be inspired. 

SAR I

You forget to mention these defense stalwarts can't cover, can't tackle, can't produce giveaways, can't stop a nose bleed on third and 20, cant get a sack when you absolutely must have one, cant stop the big play if their lives depended on it, cant do jack sh*t except take the money and run like a thief across a neighbor's yard. 

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I must admit that I'm laughing at the double standards, damage control, recreation of the stats (1 int in 2 games, down from the 9 on the books), the "almost win" which was really just a loss when you factor in the int thrown to end the drive, etc., etc. 

It's only reconfirming to see you guys now call stats on the books "make believe". 

I'm not mad, I called this a year ago. 

You guys?

SAR is the only one saying it, he's working you all over like a boss.

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Gut feeling that we shouldn't be surprised if Geno starts the second half against Pittsburgh and has some success in a game that was out of reach when he came in.

Football gods better read this.

I'll tag 'em just in case they're not monitoring this thread.  @FootballGods

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Gut feeling that we shouldn't be surprised if Geno starts the second half against Pittsburgh and has some success in a game that was out of reach when he came in.

So, Geno plays 2nd half vs. a soft defense because game is out of reach?

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Baby steps.  Geno playing is a good start.  Regardless of the situation.

I doesn't surprise me that you'd want the soft D to skew the results.

Geno fooling the Jets into reivesting in him is = running in place. All the complaining about QB and you guys don't want to actually level up. Heh.

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Baby steps.  Geno playing is a good start.  Regardless of the situation.

Look if Geno plays the second half and is good you give him credit for it not make excuses for his success. (like you try to do with Fitz). He's not a baby so why does he need baby steps. If you get a chance you play well this isn't pee wee football. But instead of rooting for Fitz to play poorly why not root for him to have a big game and for us to win. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What is going on is that if you are only going to point out the 9 interceptions in the last 2 games then I am only going to point out the 1 interception in the first 2 games.  You want to play selective statistics I can do that too.

How about we skip the semantics and get to the point:  Ryan Fitzpatrick blew the KC game, just awful.  However, he played very well in the other 3 games and isn't the reason we lost 2 of them.  Let's start with that.  Let's start with the truth.  We are a team that doesn't have a franchise quarterback.  Geno Smith busted.  It's a shame.  So we are left with the dregs of the NFL and the one we chose is actually playing very well vs. his capabilities and the expectations we have of him.  If our defense showed up against the Bengals and Seahawks like they were supposed to, we'd be 3-1 right now and talking about playoff scenarios.

SAR I

Need we remind everyone that Fitz was brought in here to be a backup QB to Smith. Fitz as you state, has exceeded those expectations that you hope for from a back up.  At this point in his career, he is nothing more than a legit back up, if ever he was anything more. What he was able to accomplish last year was remarkable and inspiring considering the team's overall talent level.  Fitz has done exactly what he was brought here to do. He has mentored Petty, he has taken over for the combustible Geno Smith, he has played beyond his skill set. Yet so many here continue to point fingers at him for the 'failure' that is The New York Jets'.  We don't have a reputable, franchise QB. It's not Fitz's fault he is who he is. It's not even Mac's fault to be in this position, to a point, to conjure up a team without a bonafide starting QB.  We should thank our lucky stars Mac was smart enough to sign Fitz instead of being plagued by the Geno Smith syndrome.  Mac knows Fitz is an asset and wanted to lock him up for 3 to 4 years specifically as a mentor and backup.  There is plenty of blame to go around as you stated. Fitz is the least of those concerns. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if Geno plays the second half and is good you give him credit for it not make excuses for his success. (like you try to do with Fitz). He's not a baby so why does he need baby steps. If you get a chance you play well this isn't pee wee football. But instead of rooting for Fitz to play poorly why not root for him to have a big game and for us to win. 

Because Mike135 is learning the game of football - baby steps. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I have been and am rooting for Fitz to play well!  

Optimistic prediction:  Jets 31, Pitt 17

Fitz lights it up and finally, for the first time as a Jet, beats a good team.

BUT, I can't deny reality...  it's not likely.

And it's not baby steps for Geno.  It's baby steps for Bowles growing a pair.

39 minutes ago, Powpow said:

You forget to mention these defense stalwarts can't cover, can't tackle, can't produce giveaways, can't stop a nose bleed on third and 20, cant get a sack when you absolutely must have one, cant stop the big play if their lives depended on it, cant do jack sh*t except take the money and run like a thief across a neighbor's yard. 

Precisely.

And yet there are some who think a quarterback change cures all our problems.  Crazy.

SAR I

Archived