Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Stop talking about cherry picking when you're cherry picking. It's stupid. 

If it's so stupid, why do you do it?  Oh, I get it. 

I was NOT cherry picking myself.  I was using the example of referring to the five games before the last game last season as games you chose to ignore in YOUR cherry picking.

But you are right, your posts are essentially worthless.  Agenda driven, lacking context, ignoring that the choices now are limited, and that starting Smith is a crappy idea that is not going to happen.

You really should stop gloating, though.  Have a nice day.

7 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Fitz is NOT a good deep thrower which is why I was baffled by the play calling from Chan Gailey that had Fitz making downfield throw after downfield throw. The formula last season was to get Decker involved with short quick passes and then bust Marshall down the field. Gailey wants to skip step one, which is VITAL and he better get his act together quickly. The Jets passing game is predicated on making six yards on first down with a quick outlet pass to Decker or the RB and work from there with managable down and distance.

Here's the problem. Other teams know that too and they adjusted. Fitz has to consistently throw good enough jump balls and the wrs have to make plays starting with catching the ball. That's how we'll be able to move it. Fitz doesn't have the accuracy to lead players with a pass, consistently, so that the wr can get YAC. You'll notice Fitz's passes are generally behind the players aside from often being high or low, those are facts not hate. So the best bet is to get some air under it and throw it downfield so our large wrs can use their always present height advantage for jump balls.

Fitz had one good throw today for a TD before the half. I know I know Fitz is better than anyone. It's everyone else's fault that Fitz threw an game killing INT while down 7. Obviously the team as a whole is not playing well, but it starts with the QB. Todd said that Fitz didn't play as bad today as he did last week and cut down on the turnovers.... Inspiring.

On 9/17/2016 at 9:44 AM, Warfish said:

+1, sort of.

I'm a Fitz Fan, Iove his passion, his leadership, his attitude, his effort despite his weaknesses and failings.  I admit and accept his limitations and know he's not a long-term answer in any form.  I think he's a solid competitive bridge to whomever our future is (Petty I hope, Hackenlol in a few years, someone else?)

And this should be pointed out:  The reason Smith comes up when people are critical of Fitz is because the debate isn't "Fitz vs. every other QB".  It's "Fitz vs. Geno".  They're the only options, so it's either Fitz OR Geno.  

Want one benched (Fitz), fine, but that view implicitly also includes "Start Geno".  

I understand frustration with Fitz, he's no Manning, no Brady, not even in the same league.   But he's the best option, the Coach supported option, the players supported option.  Why he isn't the fan supported option amongst many (mostly those who previously argued for Geno) I cannot personally understand.

Hope you understand now. Stop spreading the blame to the RB. Its the other way around. 

19 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Fitz had one good throw today for a TD before the half. I know I know Fitz is better than anyone. It's everyone else's fault that Fitz threw an game killing INT while down 7. Obviously the team as a whole is not playing well, but it starts with the QB. Todd said that Fitz didn't play as bad today as he did last week and cut down on the turnovers.... Inspiring.

To be fair, Fitz improved from last wk. Couldn't do any worse than that sh*t show he put on.

On 9/28/2016 at 0:51 PM, Big Blocker said:

If it's so stupid, why do you do it?  Oh, I get it. 

I was NOT cherry picking myself.  I was using the example of referring to the five games before the last game last season as games you chose to ignore in YOUR cherry picking.

But you are right, your posts are essentially worthless.  Agenda driven, lacking context, ignoring that the choices now are limited, and that starting Smith is a crappy idea that is not going to happen.

You really should stop gloating, though.  Have a nice day.

I think you ought to cut the crap on defending Fitz as the next Rich Gannon.

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Hope you understand now. Stop spreading the blame to the RB. Its the other way around. 

Only a drooling idiot thinks this teams problems are singular and specific to one guy.

Fitz is playing poorly.

Forte being soft and easily stuffed in the Red Zone is ALSO hurting us.

Same way our just-about-worst-in-NFL Pass Defense is ALSO hurting us.

And our hurt and poorly playing WR's are ALSO hurting us....etc.

Just now, Warfish said:

Only a drooling idiot thinks this teams problems are singular and specific to one guy.

When you throw 9 ints in 2 games where the D gave up 18.5 points a game on average (despite the 9 ints), I think its safe to assume Fitz is 90% of the problem. 

Just now, Warfish said:

Fitz is playing poorly.

We finally agree on something. However, I'd add that Fitz is playing like himself. 

Just now, Warfish said:

Forte being soft and easily stuffed in the Red Zone is ALSO hurting us.

Again, when you are facing Fitz, you challenge him by stuffing the LOS on goal line. 

Just now, Warfish said:

Same way our just-about-worst-in-NFL Pass Defense is ALSO hurting us.

Still gave up 18.5 ppg in the last two blowout losses. 

Just now, Warfish said:

And our hurt and poorly playing WR's are ALSO hurting us....etc.

You don't propose Fitz poor performance is a direct result of "weaponzzz" do you?

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

When you throw 9 ints in 2 games where the D gave up 18.5 points a game on average (despite the 9 ints), I think its safe to assume Fitz is 90% of the problem. 

We finally agree on something. However, I'd add that Fitz is playing like himself. 

Again, when you are facing Fitz, you challenge him by stuffing the LOS on goal line. 

Still gave up 18.5 ppg in the last two blowout losses. 

You don't propose Fitz poor performance is a direct result of "weaponzzz" do you?

Clyde Gates David Nelson and Santonio Holmes  are all  available. 

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

LOLOLOLOL

Is that fair or perhaps the most optimistic take ever made for a QB?

Once you hit rock bottom, there's only one way to go. Don't assume that being as optimism though.

Just now, j4jets said:

Once you hit rock bottom, there's only one way to go. Don't assume that being as optimism though.

You're right. I just don't understand why you mentioned that he had improved when he probably couldn't have been as a bad even if he tried.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

You're right. I just don't understand why you mentioned that he had improved when he probably couldn't have been as a bad even if he tried.

I understand why you'd filter out a bunch of Fitz support around here so when you "Fitz improved" and ignored the rest, its a very common thought process. I do the same. I tend to bring out my bazooka when I read "oh but the D should be blamed" or "Forte is the reason Fitz threw 9 ints" or the best "weaponzzzzz" argument. 

14 minutes ago, j4jets said:

To be fair, Fitz improved from last wk. Couldn't do any worse than that sh*t show he put on.

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

I understand why you'd filter out a bunch of Fitz support around here so when you "Fitz improved" and ignored the rest, its a very common thought process. I do the same. I tend to bring out my bazooka when I read "oh but the D should be blamed" or "Forte is the reason Fitz threw 9 ints" or the best "weaponzzzzz" argument. 

I didn't ignore the rest. The rest was just so much fluff.

I have to question whether he really improved. Statistically, yes, but was he really any better? He had ONE drive that was good. He probably had more drives last week that were good. He was no closer to playing winning football, IMO.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

I didn't ignore the rest. The rest was just so much fluff.

I have to question whether he really improved. Statistically, yes, but was he really any better? He had ONE drive that was good. He probably had more drives last week that were good. He was no closer to playing winning football, IMO.

On a scale of 1-10, if Fitz was a 1 last week, he was a 1.1 this week simply because he was facing the Shehawks and didn't throw 6 ints along with 4 dropped ints. 

Just now, j4jets said:

On a scale of 1-10, if Fitz was a 1 last week, he was a 1.1 this week simply because he was facing the Shehawks and didn't throw 6 ints along with 4 dropped ints. 

Alright, the Andrea Dorea was not as bad as the Titanic, I'll give you that :-)

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets are 1-3 mainly because of Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Its time for a QB change 

Yup.  When your QB can't pass, when defenses dare him to pass and are putting 8 in the box and play D forcing him to throw outside, where his weak arm is more of a detriment, it's on he QB.  Not he RB, OC whoever Fitz fans want to share in the blame. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yup.  When your QB can't pass, when defenses dare him to pass and are putting 8 in the box and play D forcing him to throw outside, where his weak arm is more of a detriment, it's on he QB.  Not he RB, OC whoever Fitz fans want to share in the blame. 

BENCH FITZPATRICK NOW where are the banner guys

On 10/3/2016 at 0:44 PM, NYJ37/12 said:

Thank God Fitz did not sign the three year offer and rather bet on himself with the one year deal. How's that working out for him so far? We need a youth movement across the board but no more than at QB, Petty time!

I know nobody wants to praise the Jets front office right now, but thank god we didn't sign him to three years worth of starter money. For all the criticism the Jets FO deserves at least they clearly knew what Fitz was.

32 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I know nobody wants to praise the Jets front office right now, but thank god we didn't sign him to three years worth of starter money. For all the criticism the Jets FO deserves at least they clearly knew what Fitz was.

Everybody knows what Fitz was. The only people acting like it was some sort of mystery are those that support Gino starting, because of the fact that there is no positive argument for Geno. All they can do is redundantly reference Fitzpatrick as though they were the only ones who saw he was what he was. 

It's like when everybody see's how obvious the ending of the movie or show is going to be, you're still gonna find some jagoffs on the Internet acting as though they saw it coming and  nobody else's ever mentioned it before. 

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Everybody knows what Fitz was. The only people acting like it was some sort of mystery are those that support Gino starting, because of the fact that there is no positive argument for Geno. All they can do is redundantly reference Fitzpatrick as though they were the only ones who saw he was what he was. 

It's like when everybody see's how obvious the ending of the movie or show is going to be, you're still gonna find some jagoffs on the Internet acting as though they saw it coming and  nobody else's ever mentioned it before. 

There is so many people on here who thought he was the next Rich Gannon, let's not act like there wasn't a band of nitwits who actually thought we could win something with this backup QB.

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Frankly, Ive read this bs many times. Did you miss out when we posted about how he can never lead the team to a victory if the D gives up 23 points or more? Or did you miss how we pointed out how many FOs kicked his ass off their teams? Or maybe you missed the part where we pointed out he sh*ts the bed when they need him. 

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Quick question. Why are you concerned if someone is bashing Fitz? Because you supported him? I supported him too. I still support him on Sunday. I just don't support him on the other 6 days. 

57 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

There is so many people on here who thought he was the next Rich Gannon, let's not act like there wasn't a band of nitwits who actually thought we could win something with this backup QB.

I took the Rich Gannon narrative as a lion of trolling targeting the Gino supporters.  Never once took them seriously when I sent that. 

45 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Frankly, Ive read this bs many times. Did you miss out when we posted about how he can never lead the team to a victory if the D gives up 23 points or more? Or did you miss how we pointed out how many FOs kicked his ass off their teams? Or maybe you missed the part where we pointed out he sh*ts the bed when they need him. 

Quick question. Why are you concerned if someone is bashing Fitz? Because you supported him? I supported him too. I still support him on Sunday. I just don't support him on the other 6 days. 

I don't care if you bash Fitz. I'm not defending him. I've said for two weeks he should be benched.

Im making fun of the pro-Geno argument because it's not a logical argument, and because those posing it are easily butthurt.

See, being fed up with Futz doesn't automatically mean I'm in support of Geno playing, or that I agree with the dumb hypotheticals you all cling to. 

I don't want either of them out there. I want Petty. I'm content to see if Fitz snaps out of it until Petty is ready, for no other reason than keeping the rest of the team in it. 

I don't want Petty taking over a team that has quit. I've already seen the Jets quit behind Geno.

Archived