Well at least the thousands of Seattle fans were civil

Dcat

Ravens fan in critical condition after fight with Raiders fans

In an all too common story after sporting events, a Baltimore Ravens fan is in intensive care and fighting for his life. The incident stemmed from an altercation that Joseph Bauer, a 55-year-old man and former marine, had with two fans of the Oakland Raiders.

“My brother is in critical condition on life support over a football game,” the victim’s brother, Susan Bauer said, per Carrie Wells of The Baltimore Sun.“We’re in shock over this. You just don’t expect that you would go to a football game and someone would put you in intensive care. I just can’t even believe it’s happening.”

Wells also reported that Bauer has a 30 percent chance to survive.

For those of us who have been to NFL games, this is sadly not that shocking. These altercations seem to happen at an increasingly high rate at NFL stadiums.

HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders edge Ravens in Baltimore

While the Raiders fans were both arrested, any guesses on who’s to blame here would be just that. Nobody who didn’t see the incident can really speculate on how everything got started. And police have yet to get to the bottom of the matter.

But we can make a pretty good bet that too much alcohol was involved. While the NFL and its teams tell the fans to drink responsibly, few do.

We can say definitively that whatever did happen before the fight wasn’t worth this. Nothing that happens at NFL game should leave anyone in the hospital with less than a 50 percent chance of survival.

The rule of thumb to me is don't wear anything Jets in an away stadium. I'm also concerned about parking with NYS plates. I was at the game yesterday and took NJ Transit from Penn Station and was surprised at all of the Seattle fans wearing jerseys (I think the worst unis in the NFL). From where I was sitting or travelling nobody bothered anyone, the crowd was pretty subdued. Problems usually relate to alcohol and morons and people who are capable of criminal intent. Almost all Jets fans aren't capable of doing anything against the law or even being overly rude.  I mean who cares if these guys are rooting for the Seahawks. I guess there are a lot of people from the Pacific NW who live or work in the NYC area. We get that every week because people from all over live or work here. They were a lot less obnoxious than Bills fans I saw a couple of years ago who during the game were yelling that obnoxious Bills chant after a score and talking s on the train. 

Raiders fans are usually involved. Scum of the earth. Only outdone by 49ers fans.

http://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-teams-with-the-most-fan-arrests/

Then again JETS fans are #5 on the list.

Seattle holds their own too...

"When Seattle lost in the Super Bowl to the Patriots, a 26-year-old intoxicated Seahawks fan drove down the street with a handgun firing shots out of the sun roof. While he was being transported to the local police department, he said, “None of this would have happened if the Seahawks would have won.” 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The rule of thumb to me is don't wear anything Jets in an away stadium. I'm also concerned about parking with NYS plates. I was at the game yesterday and took NJ Transit from Penn Station and was surprised at all of the Seattle fans wearing jerseys (I think the worst unis in the NFL). From where I was sitting or travelling nobody bothered anyone, the crowd was pretty subdued. Problems usually relate to alcohol and morons and people who are capable of criminal intent. Almost all Jets fans aren't capable of doing anything against the law or even being overly rude.  I mean who cares if these guys are rooting for the Seahawks. I guess there are a lot of people from the Pacific NW who live or work in the NYC area. We get that every week because people from all over live or work here. They were a lot less obnoxious than Bills fans I saw a couple of years ago who during the game were yelling that obnoxious Bills chant after a score and talking s on the train. 

Grow a set and represent!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What stadiums have you been to? I've been to a handful and I have worn jets stuff to all and haven't had a single issue. I'm going to Pittsburgh on Sunday and Cleveland at the end of the month and again, don't anticipate any issues. Sure, every stadium has a few bad apples, but I've never been close to being physically assaulted at the stadiums and have even made a few friends from where I sat when there that I still keep in touch with.

24 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Raiders fans are usually involved. Scum of the earth. Only outdone by 49ers fans.

http://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-nfl-teams-with-the-most-fan-arrests/

Then again JETS fans are #5 on the list.

Seattle holds their own too...

"When Seattle lost in the Super Bowl to the Patriots, a 26-year-old intoxicated Seahawks fan drove down the street with a handgun firing shots out of the sun roof. While he was being transported to the local police department, he said, “None of this would have happened if the Seahawks would have won.” 

If our our players had this kind of passion.  

49 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

What stadiums have you been to? I've been to a handful and I have worn jets stuff to all and haven't had a single issue. I'm going to Pittsburgh on Sunday and Cleveland at the end of the month and again, don't anticipate any issues. Sure, every stadium has a few bad apples, but I've never been close to being physically assaulted at the stadiums and have even made a few friends from where I sat when there that I still keep in touch with.

^^^  Acting like nobody here knows he is a relatively large and frightening individual.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Grow a set and represent!!!!!!!

There should be no problem with wearing your team gear and representing your team respectfully.  I expect the heckles and the obscenities tossed my way.

However, too many times I see opposing fans at Metlife starting crap and taunting Jet fans, they have the mentality that they paid for the ticket so they can do whatever they want .

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

There should be no problem with wearing your team gear and representing your team respectfully.  I expect the heckles and the obscenities tossed my way.

However, too many times I see opposing fans at Metlife starting crap and taunting Jet fans, they have the mentality that they paid for the ticket so they can do whatever they want .

We must protect this house!!!!!

What the hell opposing teams fans taunting Jets fans in our own stadium. 

What kind of stiffs replaced the die hard longtime season ticket holders. 

There is no reason to beat a person over a football game. 

If you beat a person to almost to death it has to be because they are threatening you or someone's life.  If not, IMO you have gone to far and part of a growing trend towards insanity.

So based upon what we know so far, if it was over a game, it is an illness and we had better get a handle on ourselves.

1 hour ago, JoeC36 said:

I went to Washington about ten years ago and after the game (and they won) a drunk Skins fan in the Men's Room tried to harass and pick a fight with a Jets fan who wasn't doing or saying anything. I did recently go to Boston and went to a Red Sox game (vs the Yankees) and I didn't see any Yankees fans being hassled and there were a lot of them wearing Yankees jerseys. I had heard that they'd throw beer etc on opposing fans but they were ok. I've also seen Red Sox fans at Yankee Stadium being given a hard time. Overall most people are ok and just want to have fun. PS I went to an NEP game abouit 20 years ago in Foxboro and bought a Jets knit cap and nobody bothered me. 

I've been to Miami many times. Kansas City twice and San Diego on Monday night. Thing you have to keep in mind is that if they talk sh*t about the Jets it doesn't bother me. If they get in my personal space or touch me fists will be flying first and questions will be asked later. I did get spanked by two female dolphin fans in the parking lot in Miami when the jets lost that Monday nighter on the last play of the game 2010? That was fun though. @Savage69 is my witness lol

Archived