LaDainian Thompson has seen enough of Fitzpatrick

joewilly12

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

IM no Geno fan but he would probably be 1 and 3 .......   FITZ has sucked for a lot longer than Geno and Geno had the mighty Jeremy Kerley as his number one receiver.   I simply detest the way FITZ held us hostage. Fukk him....

In 2016, Jeremy Kerley has more catches than Brandon Marshall, more yards than Eric Decker, and as many TDs as Enunwa.

Also, Fitz didn't hold anyone hostage. He didn't make the FO offer him various contracts. There is only one place to blame anyone for the way the off-season unfolded. That's at the feet of management and coaching.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In 2016, Jeremy Kerley has more catches than Brandon Marshall, more yards than Eric Decker, and as many TDs as Enunwa.

Also, Fitz didn't hold anyone hostage. He didn't make the FO offer him various contracts. There is only one place to blame anyone for the way the off-season unfolded. That's at the feet of management and coaching.

I couldn't agree more.  Players come and go but 47 years of futility is poor management.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

IM no Geno fan but he would probably be 1 and 3 .......   FITZ has sucked for a lot longer than Geno and Geno had the mighty Jeremy Kerley as his number one receiver.   I simply detest the way FITZ held us hostage. Fukk him....

No reason to keep starting Fitz

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Any fool can see Fitzpatrick sucks sadly not many of our fans see it that way. 

He leads the NFL in turnovers he actually leads most teams in total turnovers. 

Im sure he has the lowest passing rating as well. 

LT future hall of famer, he dont know jack sh*t...............yea right 

I would give Fitz one half against Pittsburgh to put up or shut up. Then, as much as I hate Geno, I would welcome him into the game. Fitz's game has dissolved completely and he doesn't even make the right type of throw anymore. If you saw BOTH of Richard Sherman's picks, Fitz was throwing flat line back shoulder throws with the WR beyond Sherman. That means an over the top throw would have been successful and may have meant a TD for the Jets. He seems to be trying to prove he has a strong enough arm than making the correct type of throw. In KC three or four picks were the result of Fitz throwing a hard fastball when a touch pass would have done the job and not resulted in the tip drills we saw.

13 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Geno sux. After these clowns get Geno and he stinks up the place, they will be whining for Petty. I would rather wait for Petty then waist time with Geno.

Yeah but Bowles cannot look to the fans and media like he is giving up on the season which going to Petty right now would be. I think that when the Jets reach 3-7 at the bye (and I DO think that will be their record) then they can go to Petty because the season would be for all intents and purposes over. I would give Fitz a very short leash against Pittsburgh then go with Geno (did I just say that?) until the bye week.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno will outplay Fitz 2015 Fitz played he easiest schedule in the NFL 2016 we are playing real teams look at the results 

Admit it Fitz sucks 

Admit it Geno sux worse. But you can hitch you wagon to him.

I really don't give a sh*t whether the Jets go to Smith or to someone else. But, wow, I just find it unbelievable that Fitzpatrick gets all sorts of votes of confidence when he's just plain sucked so bad and has no real upside. Yeah, he can have a 'great' game every once in a while. But he's so prone to having the sucky game, it's unbelievable that he isn't on a short leash yet. Hell, in preseason he sucked, squandering drives, coughing up the ball in the red zone. All the while underthrowing guys, throwing into triple coverage.

I would rather have a rookie with upside making the mistakes Fitzpatrick makes because he's been making them for over 10 years now.

WTF!!!! This is not a professional football team.

OMG, its' like a ******* circle jerk.

Geno haters: try to go ONE ******* POST without mentioning him!!

I bet you can't.

It's not about him. It's about the ******* STARTER who is dragging this season down with his impotent 4th quarter implosions.

The way this season is going you are eventually going to have to give Petty or even Hackenberg, if the circumstances warrant it, a shot. 

Everyone here is arguing Geno or Fitz, they're the same in the sense that they won't be here next year. At some point  this year you will have to throw Petty in & evaluate where you will be to start next year. 

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz definitely wishes he took the original 3yr @24 mil. He will be lucky to get 1 mil next yr as a #3 by some team who has less of a clue what they are doing than the jets..

He will be out of football completely the Jets were the only team in the NFL who had any interest him in this year, 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Some people fall for coach speak hook line and sinker.  We have no other QB so clearly this guy is my starter, the moment the guy I know and we went out of the way to get is healthy and looks like he can play he is the starter.

That would be GM speak we fell for.  But hey, we can imagine that it was nonsense, why take the GM at his word.  You know the words he used when talking to Fitz.

He was brought in to be the backup, took full advantage of the opportunity handed to him.  Then again the only thing that counts is Fitz is pretty much playing as bad, or worse, than what some predicted Geno would give us.  Fitz has been historically bad, to steal a word

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Doubtful.  It usually only happens to us after watching Fitz waste our season and Bowles say he's confident in the crappy QB.  

Say by some stroke of luck that you're right and Geno could have played average football (something he's never consistently done). Based on the lack of running game, schedule, and atrocious defense, this is still a .500 or worse team and it's a wasted season either way. And Geno is still not coming back in 2017 so what's the point? Your own ego? The best the Jets and Jets fans can hope for is Petty getting healthy, taking over after the bye and showing up like he did in the preseason and continue his growth and progression as a QB. 

28 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Say by some stroke of luck that you're right and Geno could have played average football (something he's never consistently done). Based on the lack of running game, schedule, and atrocious defense, this is still a .500 or worse team and it's a wasted season either way. And Geno is still not coming back in 2017 so what's the point? Your own ego? The best the Jets and Jets fans can hope for is Petty getting healthy, taking over after the bye and showing up like he did in the preseason and continue his growth and progression as a QB. 

Disagree completely.  I'm thinking we'd be 2-2 at worst now.  Likely 3-1.  And that's vs the rough part of the schedule.

Your QB has a waterfall effect on the team.  The players see how Fitz is playing.  He can't read defenses.  Doesn't have the arm to make most throws.  Throws idiotic interceptions.  And even when the opposition does't catch the ball, Fitz's accuracy is putrid; throwing feet behind/below/avove/beyond where the ball should be placed.  Even most "good" completions were placed horribly and should have been bigger plays.

Fitzpatrick sucks big hairy moose balls.  Plain and simple.  The rest of the team sees this and it obviously affects them.  Spending 12mil was idiotic, but every drive Fitz is still our #1, it only gets worse.

We need a spark.

As I mentioned previously, start Geno for at least a few weeks, giving him time to get acclimated and practice as the 1.  Prepare Petty in the meantime.

If after 4 or 5 weeks Geno sucks still, play Petty while prepping Hack.  

If Petty sucks, play Hack the last couple games.

At least they're trying and the team and fans see this.  It's a very different appearance than starting a useless POS QB in Fitz.

If any of the QBs play well, they're the starter next year.  Or at least front runner.  Hack is the only QB who should be able to fail while keeping a roster spot in 2017.

Fitz has already failed.  He can go.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Disagree completely.  I'm thinking we'd be 2-2 at worst now.  Likely 3-1.  And that's vs the rough part of the schedule.

Your QB has a waterfall effect on the team.  The players see how Fitz is playing.  He can't read defenses.  Doesn't have the arm to make most throws.  Throws idiotic interceptions.  And even when the opposition does catch the ball, Fitz's accuracy is putrid; throwing feet behind/below/avove/beyond where the ball should be placed.  Even most "good" completions were placed horribly and should have been bigger plays.

Fitzpatrick sucks big hairy moose balls.  Plain and simple.  The rest of the team sees this.  Spending 12mil was idiotic, but every drive Fitz is still our #1, it only gets worse.

We need a spark.

As I mentioned previously.  Start Geno for at least a few weeks, giving him time to get acclimated and practice as the 1.  Be preparing Petty in the meantime.

If after 4 or 5 weeks Geno sucks still, play Petty whIle prepping Hack.  

If Petty sucks, play Hack the last couple games.

At least they're trying and the team and fans see this.  It's a very different appearance than starting a useless POS QB in Fitz.

If any of the QBs plays well, they're the starter next year.  Or at least front runner.  Hack is the only QB who should be able to fail while keeping a roster spot in 2017.

Fitz has already failed.  He can go.

You're delusional if you think this team as a whole could be 3-1 with a career below average QB. You're seeing that play out right now. 

As for your plan at QB, I just don't see the benefit to trotting Geno out there for his 4th chance. It doesn't move the franchise forward and sends the team of veterans a message that they're giving up on the season. Just have to wait until Petty is healthy enough to play and has practiced for a few weeks. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're delusional if you think this team as a whole could be 3-1 with a career below average QB. You're seeing that play out right now. 

As for your plan at QB, I just don't see the benefit to trotting Geno out there for his 4th chance. It doesn't move the franchise forward and sends the team of veterans a message that they're giving up on the season. Just have to wait until Petty is healthy enough to play and has practiced for a few weeks. 

Why not we trotted Fitzpatrick out there 6th team in 12 sh*tty years and an off season that saw no team interested but the Jets. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

With even competent QB play we definitely beat Cincinnati and probably KC.  

Playing Fitz now shows we've given up.  Playing Geno shows Petty isn't ready and that they'd prefer seeing what Geno can do with a good team around him.  The team already knows what Fitz can do, and it's crap.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

With even competent QB play we definitely beat Cincinnati and probably KC.  

Playing Fitz now shows we've given up.  Playing Geno shows Petty isn't ready and that they'd prefer seeing what Geno can do with a good team around him.  The team already knows what Fitz can do, and it's crap.

Agree Fitzpatrick got his 4 game $12 million dollar audition he sucked give Geno 4 if he stinks up the place give Petty 4 and then Hack 4 day after season ends cut all the crap even if it means cutting them all. 

Archived