Bowles Not Even Considering Benching Fitz

SR24

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Many here feel the same way I do go find a new play partner I'm not that guy. Everyone has an opinion you have yours and I have mine. 

Many here are also as reactionary and nonsensical as you so that doesn't shock me.  A million people can agree with eachother and still be the stupid group you know that right?  That same group of people also likely would have rioted if we didn't resign Fitzpatrick.

I'm also not going to let you just say stupid sh*t and not get criticized for it. That's not how an open forum works.  Don't like it?  Oh well.  

Just now, Mogglez said:

Many here are also as reactionary and nonsensical as you so that doesn't shock me.  A million people can agree with eachother and still be the stupid group you know that right?  That same group of people also likely would have rioted if we didn't resign Fitzpatrick.

I'm also not going to let you just say stupid sh*t and not get criticized for it. That's not how an open forum works.  Don't like it?  Oh well.  

Practice what you preach.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, I'm nowhere near that bandwagon after watching him in SD, but I can at least respect you for not screaming like an idiot in every thread and giving me an actual name.  Don't take my rant and think it's about you.  Hell, if by some chance Bowles keeps this up, I have a guy or two in mind that I won't seeing as a POSSIBLE replacement.  That said, I'm not there yet nor do I think it'll actually get to that point.

Naw I don't mind the arguing and knew it wasn't directed at me.  In fact I kinda like arguing as long as there's some creativity to it.  I'm having fun with this stuff.

22 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I guess you were traveling all during training camp. 

No, I was here and yes, early on he struggled. I commented on it here. After that first game though, something clicked with him, he practiced fine and he had a very good pre-season.

Look, the bigger point is that he is the one that will get the nod, not Geno. However, he isn't healthy and Geno has done nothing to earn the nod and he won't get it. 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

No.  Early on he struggled and I commented on it here. After that first game something clicked with him and he practiced fine.  

Look, the bigger point is that he is the one that will get the nod, not Geno. However, he isn't healthy and Geno has done nothing to earn the nod and he won't get it. 

Geno is getting paid he seems happy with the life no reason to rag on Geno he did nothing wrong here sooner than later I hope Geno hate will be hurled at Fitz when we finally get a real QB. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Geno is getting paid he seems happy with the life no reason to rag on Geno he did nothing wrong here sooner than later I hope Geno hate will hurled at Fitz when we finally get a real QB. 

Dont worry, Fitz isnt finishing the season as the starting QB here and when hes replaced will have played his last game as a starting NFL QB 

47 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree he's not getting fired , but I'll play.  Ken Zampese, Tom Clements, Bill Musgrave.  someone form the side of the ball the NFL favors not the guys who think you can still win 10-9 games. 

Zampese and Clements are intriguing but I don't like how Zampese has that offense, with those weapons, clicking. 18 pts a game and an average of 3.4 yards per carry is not that impressive. Not ruling him out, but he is not someone I think is worth firing Bowles over. Same with Clements.  Guy lost his play calling duties and had Packers fans wishing they had Joe Philbin back.  Aaron Rodgers (or any good young QB can hide a lot).  Musgrave is in a similar boat as Clements. He was hired with a young and upcoming QB already established and showing how good he is.  You want to see the real Musgrave and the guy we would most likely get?  Look at his Vikings resume.  It's not pretty.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yea really............did he get caught with a loaded gun and drugs.....get a DWI..........assault anyone what has he done wrong. 

Well, he wasn't a very good football player. He missed meetings to go to a movie. Had his private pictures leaked on line. Got kicked off of a plane. Would rather get into a fight than pay someone 600 bucks. Nah. You're right. Geno is a saint. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yea really............did he get caught with a loaded gun and drugs.....get a DWI..........assault anyone what has he done wrong. 

He, a starting QB who was trying to redeem/prove himself in front of a new regime, acted like a total f*cking dick head and got himself punched out over $600.  A move that effectively ended his season.  The great QB's would NEVER put themselves in that.  Not one teammate stood up for him either.  THEN he goes out this year and totally f*cking sucks in TC and pre-season.  Leaked dick pick.  Missing gameplan meetings for a f*cking movie.

How can you honestly sit here and think that Geno Smith has done nothing wrong here with a straight face?  He's a f*cking idiot. 

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Zampese and Clements are intriguing but I don't like how Zampese has that offense, with those weapons, clicking. 18 pts a game and an average of 3.4 yards per carry is not that impressive. Not ruling him out, but he is not someone I think is worth firing Bowles over. Same with Clements.  Guy lost his play calling duties and had Packers fans wishing they had Joe Philbin back.  Aaron Rodgers (or any good young QB can hide a lot).  Musgrave is in a similar boat as Clements. He was hired with a young and upcoming QB already established and showing how good he is.  You want to see the real Musgrave and the guy we would most likely get?  Look at his Vikings resume.  It's not pretty.

You put Gailey with Rogers with the Jets group and we would be favored to go to the SB, that's how much of a difference maker Aaron Rogers is!!!

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You put Gailey with Rogers with the Jets group and we would be favored to go to the SB, that's how much of a difference maker Aaron Rogers is!!!

You put Derek Carr with this group and we might be favorites.  You put any good QB on this team and maybe the defense plays better as a result of not being on the field the entire game...or being put in sh*tty short field situations.  Not that I'm excusing the defensive mishaps here, but my point is that a damn good QB makes a huge difference. Hell, even if the defense plays awful, that young gun gives us a chance in a shootout.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You put Derek Carr with this group and we might be favorites.  You put any good QB on this team and maybe the defense plays better as a result of not being on the field the entire game...or being put in sh*tty short field situations.  Not that I'm excusing the defensive mishaps here, but my point is that a damn good QB makes a huge difference. Hell, even if the defense plays awful, that young gun gives us a chance in a shootout.

With Rogers under center the Jets are undefeated this season all things being equal.  That is not even a knock on Fitz, it is just the truth of today's QB driven NFL.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Not once did I say he was going to be good but it's real cute that you decided to go ahead ad put those words in my mouth.  

Geno is done here. He has no future with this organization and it's clear as day to anyone with a quarter of a brain. That's why it's going to be Petty.  Petty is the only one between the two of them who will be here next year.

By the way, he was one of the best QB's in the pre-season.  Not that it means anything, but he did anything but "struggle".

Lol I'm putting words in your mouth ? But you are not speaking out of your arse pretending like you know what the actually people in charge are thinking ? I'm not talking about next yr. I'm talking about this yr.. Bowles was ready to give geno the job if fitz didn't lower his asking price significantly. He easily could have walked, scooped up by Denver, ect.. Did the jets seem worried ? So I don't know how or why you would assume they wouldn't go with geno soon if fitz sh*ts the bed again.. They still want to win. Geno probably plays better than fitz has. They aren't going to skip him over for unproven petty who never took an NFL snap.. But if geno doesn't win, play well you will then see petty.. That is reality.. 

24 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol I'm putting words in your mouth ? But you are not speaking out of your arse pretending like you know what the actually people in charge are thinking ? I'm not talking about next yr. I'm talking about this yr.. Bowles was ready to give geno the job if fitz didn't lower his asking price significantly. He easily could have walked, scooped up by Denver, ect.. Did the jets seem worried ? So I don't know how or why you would assume they wouldn't go with geno soon if fitz sh*ts the bed again.. They still want to win. Geno probably plays better than fitz has. They aren't going to skip him over for unproven petty who never took an NFL snap.. But if geno doesn't win, play well you will then see petty.. That is reality.. 

Lmfaooooo, Geno hasn't taken a single snap in 3 blowout losses.  3.  That's not a coincidence guy. His contract is up next year and something tells me they aren't rushing to give him the money they gave Fitz to resign with them.

Denver didn't take Fitz and the Jets decided on the eve of Training Camp to give him 12 million dollars to start.  Sounds like they really weren't enthusiastic over Geno Smith starting this year.  That was BEFORE he went out and looked like total dogsh*t in the pre-season.

One of us is living in reality.  Evidence says it isn't you buddy.

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfaooooo, Geno hasn't taken a single snap in 3 blowout losses.  3.  That's not a coincidence guy. His contract is up next year and something tells me they aren't rushing to give him the money they gave Fitz to resign with them.

Denver didn't take Fitz and the Jets decided on the eve of Training Camp to give him 12 million dollars to start.  Sounds like they really weren't enthusiastic over Geno Smith starting this year.  That was BEFORE he went out and looked like total dogsh*t in the pre-season.

One of us is living in reality.  Evidence says it isn't you buddy.

Lol ohhk man ? Yes the jets were soooo worried about fitz not coming back they waited until the eve of training camp to sign their starting qb ? I'm sure they were sooo worried how a qb looks during a few practices.. Sounds like when fans are ready to call petty the savior because he passed on a few 3rd stringers lol.. But time will tell.. when petty is healthy, geno should be cut if your right.. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ohhk man ? Yes the jets were soooo worried about fitz not coming back they waited until the eve of training camp to sign their starting qb ? I'm sure they were sooo worried how a qb looks during a few practices.. Sounds like when fans are ready to call petty the savior because he passed on a few 3rd stringers lol.. But time will tell.. when petty is healthy, geno should be cut if your right.. 

They were worried enough to give Fitzpatrick 12 million. Yeah.  That's kind of exactly what happened.  No amount of siiiiick crying-of-laughter emojis changes that.

Once again, didn't declare Petty a savior.  Just have enough of brain to realize that he has more of a future here than the nimrod behind Fitz right now.  The actions of the regime (no snaps for Geno in 3 blowout losses) suggest that I'm far closer to figuring this mystery out than you are.  Also, the Jets are currently holding 4 QB's and building the gameday roster around that.  Petty returning doesn't mean Geno will get cut.  Probably means that Geno or Hack will be inactive ON gameday.

You should try and form your own argument putting words in other people's mouths to twist their own.  You'll understand things better if you focus on one thing at a time.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

1.  He's not getting fired.  He will get at least 1 more year.

2.  I'm so f*cking sick of seeing this "real coach" nonsense from you and rest of the "Fire Bowles" circlejerk gang.  Who do you want hired?  Name your "real coach" candidate.  You idiots all want him fired but have no f*cking idea who would actually be better.  I want names.  I don't want some "that's not my problem, that's why we have Macc" bullsh*t cop-out answer.  You want Bowles fired, you want to ruin every f*cking thread with your stupid quips, you give me a competent replacement.  AND before you say them:  Cowher isn't coming out of retirement. Neither are Coughlin and Gruden.  That means another young blood coach. 

replace inanimate carbon todd with inanimate carbon rod:

9450079_orig.png 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

They were worried enough to give Fitzpatrick 12 million. Yeah.  That's kind of exactly what happened.  No amount of siiiiick crying-of-laughter emojis changes that.

Once again, didn't declare Petty a savior.  Just have enough of brain to realize that he has more of a future here than the nimrod behind Fitz right now.  The actions of the regime (no snaps for Geno in 3 blowout losses) suggest that I'm far closer to figuring this mystery out than you are.  Also, the Jets are currently holding 4 QB's and building the gameday roster around that.  Petty returning doesn't mean Geno will get cut.  Probably means that Geno or Hack will be inactive ON gameday.

You should try and form your own argument putting words in other people's mouths to twist their own.  You'll understand things better if you focus on one thing at a time.

Lol ok. I think you live in an alternate universe. You are trying to make a ridiculous argument that it was a " guarantee " Fitzpatrick would be back with the jets. That is absurd. There were rumors the jets were going to give him a deadline. They sure didn't try hard to get him in. If he stuck with his ridiculous demands, there is no question geno is starting week 1. If they really were not prepared to go with geno, they would not have played roulette.. Just because you personally don't like the guy doesn't mean anything in the real world. If fitz doesn't come back no way does petty start. So it is amusing how some feel petty jumped geno in the depth chart. They gave petty an extended Look because he was close to being cut. The first two spots were locked. They decided to keep petty.. Fitz and geno are both gone next yr. Maybe petty can be a number 3 next yr after hackenberg. We will need a better qb than Fitzpatrick as the number 1.

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ok. I think you live in an alternate universe. You are trying to make a ridiculous argument that it was a " guarantee " Fitzpatrick would be back with the jets. That is absurd. There were rumors the jets were going to give him a deadline. They sure didn't try hard to get him in. If he stuck with his ridiculous demands, there is no question geno is starting week 1. If they really were not prepared to go with geno, they would not have played roulette.. Just because you personally don't like the guy doesn't mean anything in the real world. If fitz doesn't come back no way does petty start. So it is amusing how some feel petty jumped geno in the depth chart. They gave petty an extended Look because he was close to being cut. The first two spots were locked. They decided to keep petty.. Fitz and geno are both gone next yr. Maybe petty can be a number 3 next yr after hackenberg. We will need a better qb than Fitzpatrick as the number 1.

Well there you go with that whole "putting words in my mouth" thing you do.  You realize that I never said the word "gaurantee" so you can't put quotes around it right?  That's not how quotes work.  Best of all, that wasn't my point in any way, shape, or form.  What I said was that the Jets gave him their final offer the eve of training camp because they didn't want Geno to honestly be the starter. They gave the f*cking guy 12 million dollars.  They didn't want Geno.  They weren't perfectly fine with Geno starting.  You're completely delusional if you think otherwise.  Fitzpatrick isn't here AT ALL if they were comfortable with that. They wanted to give him 8mil.  He wanted 16mil.  They caved and offered 12mil.  That's HOW BAD they didn't want Geno to start.  This is pretty simple to figure out for anyone who has a brain.

I also didn't say ANYTHING about next year so I have no idea why you're talking about Petty starting next year.  It's not relevant. They didn't give Petty an "extended look" because he was close to being cut.  He looked head and shoulders better than Geno with the same cast and the same level of competition.  Petty wasn't the one at risk.  Geno was if anything.  They were seeing if Petty was truly worth dumping Geno or at worst, keeping as the 4th QB.  He proved it.  They had an opportunity to IR him and solve the issue with him under contract for next year.  They didn't.  Now why do you think that is?

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Well there you go with that whole "putting words in my mouth" thing you do.  You realize that I never said the word "gaurantee" so you can't put quotes around it right?  That's not how quotes work.  Best of all, that wasn't my point in any way, shape, or form.  What I said was that the Jets gave him their final offer the eve of training camp because they didn't want Geno to honestly be the starter. They gave the f*cking guy 12 million dollars.  They didn't want Geno.  They weren't perfectly fine with Geno starting.  You're completely delusional if you think otherwise.  Fitzpatrick isn't here AT ALL if they were comfortable with that. They wanted to give him 8mil.  He wanted 16mil.  They caved and offered 12mil.  That's HOW BAD they didn't want Geno to start.  This is pretty simple to figure out for anyone who has a brain.

I also didn't say ANYTHING about next year so I have no idea why you're talking about Petty starting next year.  It's not relevant. They didn't give Petty an "extended look" because he was close to being cut.  He looked head and shoulders better than Geno with the same cast and the same level of competition.  Petty wasn't the one at risk.  Geno was if anything.  They were seeing if Petty was truly worth dumping Geno or at worst, keeping as the 4th QB.  He proved it.  They had an opportunity to IR him and solve the issue with him under contract for next year.  They didn't.  Now why do you think that is?

Lol . If they did not want geno to start " SO BAD" as you pathetically over exaggerate, they would have not risk losing him to any other team in the league. They would have offered fitz the 12 mil a lot sooner... Maybe you forget, they were only offering 1 yr at 7-8, or 3/24. Up until the end. So don't pretend it was always 16 mil vs 12 for months of free agency.. And fitz wanted 16 for more than 1 yr.. Mac didn't break a sweat when fitz went to see Denver.. They risked really pissing him off and signing elsewhere out of spit. Mac didn't give a shhit because geno was the acceptable backup plan. To them only fitz was maybe a little better then geno. And petty was not a acceptable #2 so needed to sign a qb anyway.. The facts..Instead of living in your own fantasy land, try following along in the real world.. 

"If Fitzpatrick continues to turn the ball over against the Steelers Sunday, New York will reportedly start working backup quarterback Geno Smith in with the starters eduring practice, according to La Canfora. The Jets are still committed to both second-year quarterback Bryce Petty and rookie Christian Hackenberg, but reportedly feel they still need time before they are ready to lead an NFL offense."

"Much is being made of the abundance of rookie or novice quarterbacks to shine this season, but the Jets view each of those situations as different. They believe for the ultimate development of Petty and Hackenberg, and where they are at this stage, it is much more prudent for them to remain in depth roles even if Fitzpatrick continues to sputter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan-fitzpatrick-is-playing-for-his-job-while-geno-smith-waits-in-the-wings/

end of that stupid debate..

17 hours ago, August said:

It'll be fine had Fitzpatrick's "played well" performance led to a win. But it didn't. Not only did we lose but Fitzpatrick did enough to keep his job because of decent looking stats, even though the offense was stagnant most of the game. If we're going to lose I want him to look terrible so we can expedite his benching.  Not lose while he puts up decent stats so a clueless coach can justify still starting him. Very annoying. 

Lies, damn lies, and statistics, IDK what the stats say, Sixpatrick looked awful and was nowhere close to passing the eyeball test.   

Archived