Would Mark Sanchez and Rex do better with this team?

NYPaperAirplanes

Would Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan Do Better with this team?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mark and Rex be better?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

On the NBC telecast, Collinsworth credited Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork, saying Wilfork "just threw Brandon Moore into Mark Sanchez ... This is what Reggie White used to do to people, just fork-lift them."

Reached by phone Monday, Collinsworth maintained his opinion, although he softened his description. He praised Wilfork for recognizing the busted play and "instead of trying to go around Moore, he pushed him back into the play and made the whole thing happen."

Collinsworth called it a "clever" play by a cagey veteran, adding that Wilfork -- and not Moore -- had the benefit of seeing the play develop. Moore didn't know Sanchez had missed the handoff, but he knew there was a hiccup.

I think we're good now.  The play wasn't Moore's fault but the fact is if Moore won the battle with Wilfork then Wilfork wouldn't have pile-drived Moore into the sliding Sanchez.

Geno Smith is still the problem.

SAR I

What are all of you going to do when Geno Smith is no longer with this team, who will you lash your hate against then. 

Where will you all hide if Geno Smith goes onto be a successful NFL QB with another team while the Jets still dont have a legitimate QB. 

What will the excuse be then?  

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Without question, you are my second-favorite poster on JN.

SAR I

I think you would have appreciated the anti-Rex efforts of @T0mShane and I a couple years ago here. I had spent the previous years banging the drum about Rex's incompetence, but it was me against the forum. When T0m joined in, it became a thing of beauty. We changed hearts and minds.

I'm shedding a tear right now thinking about it.

There are some people who still haven't recovered.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What are all of you going to do when Geno Smith is no longer with this team, who will you lash your hate against then. 

Where will you all hide if Geno Smith goes onto be a successful NFL QB with another team while the Jets still dont have a legitimate QB. 

What will the excuse be then?  

It's the Jets. There's always going to be an absolutely awful player that is undeservedly championed by the mouth-breathers within the fanbase. So, the question is, which worthless sack of no talent and/or HGH and spousal abuse is your ilk going to worship for the next couple years?

That would be the guy. Really, the choice is yours.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's the Jets. There's always going to be an absolutely awful player that is undeservedly championed by the mouth-breathers within the fanbase. So, the question is, which worthless sack of no talent and/or HGH and spousal abuse is your ilk going to worship for the next couple years?

That would be the guy. Really, the choice is yours.

it's a long tradition going back to the days of Joe Namath.

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing worked for Mark Sanchez after Rex Ryan busted his shoulder in a meaningless preseason game.

SAR I

actually he was a very good for Philly in 2014.  led that o to almost a TD more per game than foles did that year and did so agaibst the much tougher portion of the veagles sched where they faced playoff teams in 5 of 8 games where each of those teams made the NFC final four.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I think you would have appreciated the anti-Rex efforts of @T0mShane and I a couple years ago here. I had spent the previous years banging the drum about Rex's incompetence, but it was me against the forum. When T0m joined in, it became a thing of beauty. We changed hearts and minds.

BP was way ahead of you he hated Rex from day one and never changed..

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

actually he was a very good for Philly in 2014.  led that o to almost a TD more per game than foles did that year and did so agaibst the much tougher portion of the veagles sched where they faced playoff teams in 5 of 8 games where each of those teams made the NFC final four.

lol

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

BP was way ahead of you he hated Rex from day one and never changed..

I know I wasn't the first, but I was the most vocal. That's all that I was trying to imply there. Those that agreed, didn't really lean into it, until I'd paved the way... even T0m didn't really go all-in on Rex bashing until I'd thoroughly cleared the floor for different takes on the same problem.

In other words. I have the best words. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I know I wasn't the first, but I was the most vocal. That's all that I was trying to imply there. Those that agreed, didn't really lean into it, until I'd paved the way... even T0m didn't really go all-in on Rex bashing until I'd thoroughly cleared the floor for different takes on the same problem.

In other words. I have the best words

Yep no one get their point across like the Ape..:)

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I fought that battle alone on JI, would have been great to see it unfold and be a part of it here.

They still haven't recovered because they are still around.  Rex Lovers became Sanchez Haters became Geno Lovers.

Can you imagine your platform on a Jets forum being "I love Rex and Geno" for 7 years?  LOL.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I fought that battle alone on JI, would have been great to see it unfold and be a part of it here.

They still haven't recovered because they are still here.  Rex Lovers became Sanchez Haters became Geno Lovers.

Can you imagine your platform on a Jets forum being "I love Rex and Geno" for 7 years?  LOL.

SAR I

lol, no... 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We all know Fitzpatrick is never going to amount to a decent NFL QB the guy is road kill watching him play QB for the Jets is  like watching grass grow or paint dry maybe even worse. 

Nobody ever made a credible argument that Fitz was anything other than what he is. Decent. Which means, sometimes awful, sometimes not. Average can only be arrived at though a balance of below and above average. That's the very definition of the word. 

Only those afflicted with the Geno Effective Disorder (GED) seem to think that when you call a player average, what you're really doing is saying he's great. So, the minute he's not great, you have to light yourself on fire and run down the street naked. 

For a guy that spends all of his time demonstrating the failings of the public school systems in the.... I'm going to guess '70's... I would think anything is an improvement over reading back to yourself the things you say here daily, including paint drying and Fitz nuking this team.

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We all know Fitzpatrick is never going to amount to a decent NFL QB the guy is road kill watching him play QB for the Jets is  like watching grass grow or paint dry maybe even worse. 

And has anyone disagreed with that statement?  Could be the first time in Jets Forum History that, to a man, we are 100% on the same page.

And this proves is that Geno Smith's bust is responsible for Mark Sanchez' departure and Ryan Fitzpatrick's arrival and how we could be 100% better off if Geno Smith were never born.  Like It's a Wonderful Life but George drowns.

SAR I

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nothing worked for Mark Sanchez after Rex Ryan busted his shoulder in a meaningless preseason game.

SAR I

I'd argue that nothing worked for Mark Sanchez after they implemented the "red, yellow, green we're afraid to let our QB play" system. I think that was his 2nd or 3rd game as a pro. His first game, versus the Texans, he looked so ******* promising.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'd argue that nothing worked for Mark Sanchez after they implemented the "red, yellow, green we're afraid to let our QB play" system. I think that was his 2nd or 3rd game as a pro. His first game, versus the Texans, he looked so ******* promising.

sanchez-photo.jpg

Returning to Texas, Mark Sanchez has the ability to make Dallas forget about Tony Romo.

SAR I

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

It's really a shame Idzik was such an incompetent GM.  Rex, flaws and a all, was by far the best HC we had since Parcells

Mac's only shot is to get rid of Bowles now otherwise both will be  looking for new jobs after next season

x10000000

Idzik could not draft and it showed with his first pick, Dee only had to replace Revis, some easy cap cuts and accumulating 12 selections that should be been the foundation for 10 years but Idzik could not draft - almost any poster on this board would have done better

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

As good as he looked against the Texans, he looked awful in New Orleans and against Buffalo.  At that point, they were too afraid to let him throw the ball.

4 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

As good as he looked against the Texans, he looked awful in New Orleans and against Buffalo.  At that point, they were too afraid to let him throw the ball.

Yeah, which makes them QB ruining cowards.

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Sanchez was one of the worst draft picks in jet history.. ok and dee

I think you'd better brush up on your New York Jets history and take a closer look at what a 22 year old rookie did in 2009 and 2010 before you retract those words and issue a public apology.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think you'd better brush up on your New York Jets history and take a closer look at what a 22 year old rookie did in 2009 and 2010 before you retract those words and issue a public apology.

SAR I

Lol ! You are a funny guy Sar. He was carried by a #1,#3 defense with a dominant running game.. 10 wasn't too bad, but he was god awful for a starting qb his rookie yr . Rating of 63! 20 picks vs 12 tds.. If we had a decent other option he is on the bench no question. Next you are going to tell us Trent Dilfer belongs in the HOF because he was on the raven super bowl team that carried him.. We know mark was your man crush but time to move on and admit reality..

9 hours ago, dcJet said:

Sanchez single handedly cost us two Super Bowl appearances with his sh*tty play in the regular season.  

We should have had the second seed twice if he didn't throw away all those games.

2009:  He's a 22 year old rookie who should be a senior in college.  After a 4-6 start, as one would expect from someone so young, he amazingly goes on a 7-2 streak culminating in the AFC Championship Game where he was the best Jet on the field, leads us to a halftime lead that our defense gives away.

2010:  We open the season 9-2 and never look back.  Mark Sanchez leads 5 miracle fourth quarter comebacks after the defense blows the lead including massive win in Pittsburgh.  11-5 record is second best in team history.

In both seasons he leads a stretch of 16 wins in 20 games, the best such run in team history.  A history, by the way, which you should spend a lot more time reviewing before you make such ludicrous statements.

SAR I

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol ! You are a funny guy Sar. He was carried by a #1,#3 defense with a dominant running game.. 10 wasn't too bad, but he was god awful for a starting qb his rookie yr . Rating of 63! 20 picks vs 12 tds.. If we had a decent other option he is on the bench no question. Next you are going to tell us Trent Dilfer belongs in the HOF because he was on the raven super bowl team that carried him.. We know mark was your man crush but time to move on and admit reality..

More boilerplate mythology.  It never ends.  More manipulative and ignorant statistics.  Rex Ryan taught you well.

If Mark Sanchez didn't buckle the chinstrap and lead miracle 4th quarter comebacks in 2010 against the Broncos, Browns, Lions, Texans, and Steelers, we don't finish 11-5 we finish 6-10.  'This supposed "dominant defense" wasn't so dominant late in games, they blew countless leads, Mark needed to turn from game manager into gunslinger and he did a great job each time, he even almost pulled out the AFC Championship Game with his late-contest heroics.

Rex Ryan scapegoated Mark Sanchez, threw him under the bus to cover up the failings of his overrated defense.  It would be nice if some Jets fans could come out of the Ryan fog after all these years.

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

More boilerplate mythology.  It never ends.  More manipulative and ignorant statistics.  Rex Ryan taught you well.

If Mark Sanchez didn't buckle the chinstrap and lead miracle 4th quarter comebacks in 2010 against the Broncos, Browns, Lions, Texans, and Steelers, we don't finish 11-5 we finish 6-10.  'This supposed "dominant defense" wasn't so dominant late in games, they blew countless leads, Mark needed to turn from game manager into gunslinger and he did a great job each time, he even almost pulled out the AFC Championship Game with his late-contest heroics.

Rex Ryan scapegoated Mark Sanchez, threw him under the bus to cover up the failings of his overrated defense.  It would be nice if some Jets fans could come out of the Ryan fog after all these years.

SAR I

Lol yes just like Sanchez, the D did choke in the championship games.. if we had Brett Farve in 09, or a decent qb in 09/10 we win atleast one Super Bowl. But of course the rest of the league knows Sanchez is a bum. 3 teams in 2 years.. 3rd stringers who is on his way out of the league probably next yr.. Atleast mike T was awful and got him his $$.. Maybe he can play baseball with tebow next yr ?

Archived