The NY Jets have no identity.

joewilly12

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Where did I say that?  Convenient of you to leave off the part where I asked how it helped win games? 

Identity doesn't help win games have you seen the commercials for the Monday night game vs the Cardinals they show the Cardinals blowing the air raid siren horn and multiple Cardinals players for the Jets its Brandon Marshall and thats it. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Identity doesn't help win games have you seen the commercials for the Monday night game vs the Cardinals they show the Cardinals blowing the air raid siren horn and multiple Cardinals players for the Jets its Brandon Marshall and thats it. 

And this does what for anyone?

No offense, bad example.  Out of the Cards and Jets the biggest star, the most well know player is pobably Marshall. Id bet that most know just as many Jets as Cards

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And this does what for anyone?

No offense, bad example.  Out of the Cards and Jets the biggest star, the most well know player is pobably Marshall. 

It proves my point about identity we have none only highlight films the Jets  are involved in are when they are getting annihilated by another team or  player. 

It proves my point about identity we have none only highlight films the Jets  are involved in are when they are getting annihilated by another team or  player. 

Don't know where you get this nonsense from.  Revis, Mo, Williams, Sheldon, Marshall and Decker aren't players that are unknown to fans. 

NY area fans only and when they aren't playing well and winning games they have no identity. 

Youre as wrong as can be

All teams when they aren't playing well would lack identity.  At that point not having an identity is the least of anyone other than some whiners problems

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre as wrong as can be

All teams when they aren't playing well would lack identity.  At that point not having an identity is the least of anyone other than some whiners problems

Nope lets take for example JJ Watt the guy has identity other teams fans recognize him he steps on the field he's got identity as an ass kicking defensive player. 

Rob Gronkowski has identity on and off the field another kick ass type of player that needs no introductions who from the Jets would you classify in their category. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope lets take for example JJ Watt the guy has identity other teams fans recognize him he steps on the field he's got identity as an ass kicking defensive player. 

Rob Gronkowski has identity on and off the field another kick ass type of player that needs no introductions who from the Jets would you classify in their category. 

Stop already.  Youre not even close to making sense.  Big fu(king deal people know one player of the Texans. 

One more time, what does any of this have to do with winning?

Why do you give a shlt about all this meaningless drivel?   I want to win, you want people to know our TE and see him get drunk dancing out at night,  Good

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Stop already.  Youre not even close to making sense.  Big fu(king deal people know one player of the Texans. 

One more time, what does any of this have to do with winning?

Why do you give a shlt about all this meaningless drivel? 

Nothing to do with winning or playing the game never said this had anything to do with winning you said it not me,

On October 12, 2016 at 8:29 PM, ASH1962 said:

You give these spoiled, overpaid, grossly underachieving players, who by the way could not care less about winning or us fans, way too much credit. The only thing these guys are searching for is their next Bentley & Mansion.

That is not true. They also want to get themselves and dey boys some hos, jewlry or "ice" to "rock" at the club along with bottles of bubb, and for the handful with a heart maybe a house for the single mothers that raised them.

• 1 month later...

We have plenty of identity.

It's been at least 15+ years since I've seen any reference to the below cartoon character.  Yet when I took a second to think what the Jets identity really was, I immediately thought of this guy.

That's some strong identity.

In my lifetime it seems like we are "good" once a decade, but never close the deal.  82, 98, 2009, 2010.  Everyone knows we need that 10 year regime with the same coach and QB, consistent playoff contention, you eventually get one ring.  For 2.5 seasons I thought we might have had that with Rex/Mark.  

With Bowles, it's a lower quality repeat of the Mangini years, and it looks like we got one year.

Wrong OP, we have identity it's just not a good one.  The Boston Red Sox will always have the 1986 World Series and the Bill Buckner between the legs error.

Well we've got the Rex Circus and the Butt Fumble.  Hey, if that isn't enough for you then we've also got the Fake Spike.     

On 10/12/2016 at 7:58 PM, joewilly12 said:

This team lacks identity in more ways than one follow along add stuff hear me out then comment. 

Jets jerseys arent all that popular neither is no particular player. 

Jets really dont have a superstar that fans from other teams would admire or enjoy watching playing the game. 

Jets players arent popular with kids no players on notebooks,posters,back packs do kids playing youth football pick a jersey # based on who wears that # from the Jets 

Jets dont have players that are top fantasy football players 

Jets stadium MetLife is no great place to visit 

Jets no longer have a team mascot we made him quit. 

We are resilient we are diehards but damn do we suffer being a fan of this team 

The Jets have an identity. It's that stupid round faced ignorant smile on Bowles face. That's our identity. Best chance to win. Let's not worrying about winning. Let's worry about having the best chance of winning. Reminds me more and more of Herm. All the guys that were sick of Rex' bravado got exactly what they wished for, 

Archived