Beckham Jr. and the Importance of having a Strong Armed QB

JetBlue

Anyone else starting to think it's pretty telling that the team still refuses to start Geno? Fitz is ass and I didn't want him back, but if you guys are honestly expecting Geno to come in and be the spark for this team, I got some bad news for you. If any of you guys bothered watching preseason, Geno looked like ass. At this point, I'm just hoping Petty heals up and we can throw him in there and see what he's got.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Anyone else starting to think it's pretty telling that the team still refuses to start Geno? Fitz is ass and I didn't want him back, but if you guys are honestly expecting Geno to come in and be the spark for this team, I got some bad news for you. If any of you guys bothered watching preseason, Geno looked like ass. At this point, I'm just hoping Petty heals up and we can throw him in there and see what he's got.

All our qb's looked like ass for most of the preseason. At this point anything's got to be better than Fitzy. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

All our qb's looked like ass for most of the preseason. At this point anything's got to be better than Fitzy. 

Petty didn't look to bad. Hopefully he gets the start over Geno cause I'm not really looking forward to Geno making dumb decisions and constantly throwing it at receivers feet.

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

What the **** are you  talking about? Who said anything about Geno Smith??? Jeez dude give it a rest.  

You did you chucklenuts, in the OP.

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

The sooner get Petty or Smith the sooner this team develops a fast strike capability.  

:rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You did you chucklenuts, in the OP.

:rolleyes:

You are really dense. I listed the order I would prefer.  Why focus on Geno when I led with Petty??  It is your obsession to single out that part of the post; that is on you dude, not me.  They are the only two realistic options on the team that Bowles might start, I mean we know Hack isn't ready.  And you call me a chucklehead; wow.... just wow. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol. Geno obsession lives on. 

For real man, it is really silly.   I hope Petty can get some action soon, plays well and we can simply move on....  Geno will be an ex Jet soon enough and guys will find someone else to obsess over.  

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. The Jets have really treated poor, put upon Geno Smith so horribly. I mean they drafted him in the second round after every team passed on the once presumed "first overall pick" after he displayed characteristics of immaturity, and after he threw a hissy fit and wanted to go home, but had to be dragged back to the draft by his mommy who bought him a nifty new sweater...

He was made the starting QB and gifted the position and he paid them back by tweeting his junk, having an incident on an airliner (post 9-11 not a smart thing), and missing meetings. He still managed to hold on to the starting spot for two years, and in year three, he was the incumbent starter going into preseason and managed to get himself punched by a teammate...all of this while making a few million Dollars. But Idzik didn't give him da weaponzzz....LOL

REALLY? The FRANCHISE didn't treat him well? I think we got that backwards. If Geno Smith had a ******* brain in his head, he would be the starting QB playing for a new, big contract.

Instead, he let down the team in every way possible, managed to get himself injured in a locker room incident, and relegated to the bench behind a 7th round JAG journeyman, on his way to free agency, a crappy contract, and a chance to be a backup somewhere else 

If he only had a brain .......

But it's funny that the same people ranting about  accountability and personal responsibility for Bowles, Fitz, Gailey, or their fellow fans will blame every one else except poor Geno Smith, the perpetual victim.

**** him. He's a loser. He had chances people would kill for a blew it. Good riddance 

Play Petty.

QFT. Bonus points for the large font. The Genobots will be annoyed for sure. 

It's highly unlikely Petty sees the field this yr... I'm not a pro geno, he is out the door with fitz end of the season and that sounds great to me. I just think it's laughable fans keep chanting their vote for petty like anyone is going to listen to them. They have made it VERY clear, geno is up next if fitz continues to play bad. They feel petty and hackenberg aren't ready and want them to develop this yr..

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Why would we do that ? OBJ was on the board when we were drafting.. But we don't draft offense in the early rounds.. Only D and qbs who can't help Right away ?

He was taken before out pick, we didn't pass on him, we just didn't trade up for him.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yep, I hear when Geno practices, Chan turns his back on him and refuses to watch.

Not true. When Geno practices Chan is too busy outlining the changes they're going to make to Hackenberg's throwing mechanics next season LOL.

Until yesterday they weren't really connecting that much with Beckham and a lot of people were blaming Beckham including his teammates. Because DBs can get inside his head. They try to rough him up and taunt him and right now he's not smart enough to use that to his advantage. Which in his case means to just play his game. He's that great of a player,. As for that winning TD pass I've seen Fitz make plenty of throws like that. Eli hit him in stride and he took it to the house. It wasn't yardage wise a huge throw. Manning is not an elite Qb he is a good Qb but better than Fitz. But imo if you give Fitz a mulligan for that 6 pack and I'm sure that Eli has had games like that, maybe not that bad but pretty bad, that Fitz can be an ok Qb and you can win with him. But so far not this season. 

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. The Jets have really treated poor, put upon Geno Smith so horribly. I mean they drafted him in the second round after every team passed on the once presumed "first overall pick" after he displayed characteristics of immaturity, and after he threw a hissy fit and wanted to go home, but had to be dragged back to the draft by his mommy who bought him a nifty new sweater...

He was made the starting QB and gifted the position and he paid them back by tweeting his junk, having an incident on an airliner (post 9-11 not a smart thing), and missing meetings. He still managed to hold on to the starting spot for two years, and in year three, he was the incumbent starter going into preseason and managed to get himself punched by a teammate...all of this while making a few million Dollars. But Idzik didn't give him da weaponzzz....LOL

REALLY? The FRANCHISE didn't treat him well? I think we got that backwards. If Geno Smith had a ******* brain in his head, he would be the starting QB playing for a new, big contract.

Instead, he let down the team in every way possible, managed to get himself injured in a locker room incident, and relegated to the bench behind a 7th round JAG journeyman, on his way to free agency, a crappy contract, and a chance to be a backup somewhere else 

If he only had a brain .......

But it's funny that the same people ranting about  accountability and personal responsibility for Bowles, Fitz, Gailey, or their fellow fans will blame every one else except poor Geno Smith, the perpetual victim.

**** him. He's a loser. He had chances people would kill for a blew it. Good riddance 

Play Petty.

Awsome post

14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

One of the bigger problems with weak armed QB’s is that when they try to fire a ball in there they sacrifice accuracy for zip. Stronger armed QB’s don’t have to make that sacrifice.

Browning Nagle, Jay Cutler and Jeff George say hello

16 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Browning Nagle, Jay Cutler and Jeff George say hello

Some QB's just aren't that accurate to begin with. Regardless of having a strong or weak arm. Guys like Rodgers and Brady don't have to sacrifice accuracy because they just have great natural arm ability. But I guess that's why they are the players they are.

My point is mainly regarding Fitz. When he winds up to fire one at a receiver you see him sometimes sail the ball or throw a dirt ball.

11 hours ago, JetBlue said:

How did this thread devolve into a Hate Geno narrative? 

It's how the Fitz is god crew deals with the fact that their god sucks.  Can't argue he sucks so will keep the he's better than Geno angle going 

15 hours ago, Larz said:

who is he throwing to ? marchall ? decker ? anderson ?

the new york jets passing offense is not a deep throwing offense, and it's not all on the QB

Really?  Anderson and Marshall sure looked like deep threats when Petty was playing in the preseason.  Even if he sucks throwing deep there's at least the threat of the deep ball with any of the other 3 QBs.  A threat doesn't even enter the equation with Fitz in the game and allows defenses to cheat playing close to the line.

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Until yesterday they weren't really connecting that much with Beckham and a lot of people were blaming Beckham including his teammates. Because DBs can get inside his head. They try to rough him up and taunt him and right now he's not smart enough to use that to his advantage. Which in his case means to just play his game. He's that great of a player,. As for that winning TD pass I've seen Fitz make plenty of throws like that. Eli hit him in stride and he took it to the house. It wasn't yardage wise a huge throw. Manning is not an elite Qb he is a good Qb but better than Fitz. But imo if you give Fitz a mulligan for that 6 pack and I'm sure that Eli has had games like that, maybe not that bad but pretty bad, that Fitz can be an ok Qb and you can win with him. But so far not this season. 

So you obviously didn't see the down field passes that BOTH Eli and Flacco made to receivers that had a step on the defense, in stride, leading them downfield. No "back shoulder" throws or "jump balls".   Just throwing ball deep and letting his receiver run under it.  Something Fitz is incapable of doing on any consistent basis. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  Anderson and Marshall sure looked like deep threats when Petty was playing in the preseason.  Even if he sucks throwing deep there's at least the threat of the deep ball with any of the other 3 QBs.  A threat doesn't even enter the equation with Fitz in the game and allows defenses to cheat playing close to the line.

You have wonder if some folks even watch the games. Anderson has been open every game and in several situations had a step or two on the defensive back and had to slow down and or reach over the db to try and make the reception.  Same thing happened with Smith and all the idiots called him a bust instead of realizing Fitz could not take advantage of his speed.

34 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You have wonder if some folks even watch the games. Anderson has been open every game and in several situations had a step or two on the defensive back and had to slow down and or reach over the db to try and make the reception.  Same thing happened with Smith and all the idiots called him a bust instead of realizing Fitz could not take advantage of his speed.

Not only do I wonder if they watch, I wonder why they think others dont.  How come Decker had no problem going deep in Denver?  Or against the Fins with Geno?  B Marshall cant go long either? I know theyre not speed burners but still, they get separation and get free why cant they go longer than 15-20 yards on a route?

Every excuse other than the obvious.

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

So you obviously didn't see the down field passes that BOTH Eli and Flacco made to receivers that had a step on the defense, in stride, leading them downfield. No "back shoulder" throws or "jump balls".   Just throwing ball deep and letting his receiver run under it.  Something Fitz is incapable of doing on any consistent basis. 

Nothing wrong with back shoulder or jump balls. If it's a completion it counts. And not all of his passes are like what you are saying. Flacco has a big arm and Eli also is better than him. 

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Nothing wrong with back shoulder or jump balls. If it's a completion it counts. And not all of his passes are like what you are saying. Flacco has a big arm and Eli also is better than him. 

If Eli throws a jump ball to beckham on that last play, the Giants lose that game 

Archived