Fitz is still the starter: WSJ.com report

Freemanm

You can't get the whole article without subscribing, and it won't let me cut and paste. 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/jets-say-theyre-sticking-with-ryan-fitzpatrick-1476830961?ru=yahoo?mod=yahoo_itp&yptr=yahoo

Essentially, Bowles and Co. don't care anymore about even having a shot at winning, or are simply too incompetent to see that sh*tzpatrick is no longer the guy. I will not pay to watch them if this is their attitude. Seriously, I've been a fan for nearly 40 years (since I was six) and this is getting close to the last straw. If Fitz is starting again this weekend, it tells me that management simply doesn't care anymore, so why should I?

It has to be a one or two week thing, until Petty is ready to take over. They are ready to move on from Geno and don't want to risk him doing well. So they will go to Petty once he is ready, he just got back.

The funny thing is the boo's will be LOUD on Sunday.

They might have to introduce the special teams coming out of the locker room.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It has to be a one or two week thing, until Petty is ready to take over. They are ready to move on from Geno and don't want to risk him doing well. So they will go to Petty once he is ready, he just got back.

The funny thing is the boo's will be LOUD on Sunday.

They might have to introduce the special teams coming out of the locker room.

That would be a interesting curve ball bringing in petty.. All signs and reports point to geno getting a shot.. They still want to win games, and petty is much more of a long shot than geno..

19 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That would be a interesting curve ball bringing in petty.. All signs and reports point to geno getting a shot.. They still want to win games, and petty is much more of a long shot than geno..

I wanted Geno to get in a few weeks ago. Really doesn't make sense to me that he wouldn't get the start this week. Not sure what else we have to see for Fitz to get benched full time.

Not surprising. At all.

This Bowles we're talking about -- who treats all forms of change like unstable plutonium. It's 100% consistent with his coaching to give Fitz another start, with a shorter leash. Starting Geno or anyone else, is far to knee-jerk in the eyes of Toddie B. 

18 minutes ago, MattSt said:

Would like to see Geno this week and once they have 7,8 losses turn the keys over to Petty (and probably Hack week 16 and 17)

I think that is exactly what is going to happen.. unless fitz turns it around on Sunday, he will be replaced by geno.. Sure he is a long shot but gailey believes he is a much better option than geno and they have to win games to save themselves .. If he does as bad or anywhere near as bad as fitz they will put petty in for few games end of season.. If they don't give geno a shot and he catches on somewhere next yr and somehow does good, Mac and Bowles are going to be fired on the spot by woody..

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I think that is exactly what is going to happen.. unless fitz turns it around on Sunday, he will be replaced by geno.. Sure he is a long shot but gailey believes he is a much better option than geno and they have to win games to save themselves .. If he does as bad or anywhere near as bad as fitz they will put petty in for few games end of season.. If they don't give geno a shot and he catches on somewhere next yr and somehow does good, Mac and Bowles are going to be fired on the spot by woody..

Back to the original point, how do you look at Fitz's performance this season and somehow NOT conclude that he should be benched?? Is Bowles and the FO really that incompetent? In the case of Suckchez, I actually knew Rex really was that incompetent, but I thought Bowles had some sort of IQ. 

5 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Back to the original point, how do you look at Fitz's performance this season and somehow NOT conclude that he should be benched?? Is Bowles and the FO really that incompetent? In the case of Suckchez, I actually knew Rex really was that incompetent, but I thought Bowles had some sort of IQ. 

Incompetent and cowardly. Bowles has shown that time and time again. Punting the ball in Pitt with 7 mins to go in that situation should tell you all you need to know how much of a incompetent coward Todd Bowles is. The fact he defending the decision after when every expert agreed  it was such a terrible call, means he is a stubborn incompetent coward.. I don't think fitz should start, he will likely find a way to just play good enough not to get benched.

what I don't understand is where he got his information from.  during his conference call, bowles said no decision would be made until after he met with his staff and mac. this story came out at 6:49 pm and i don't think their meeting was over that quick and they called this guy to tell him who was starting.  something smells fishy in Denmark.

How much stinkage does a QB have to have to get the hook. I Put up stats on his play in another post but 2.3 points in the 2nd half in the last 3 games. Averaging 5 points on the season in 2nd half. Red zone %, INT/TD ratio. I could go on but most know the numbers. How can any HC with a 1-5 record stick with a QB that has for the most part contributed to these results? And if your D is out there 3/4s of the game. They're gassed. Plus we are the only team in the NFL carrying 4 QBs. Not like we don't have options. WTF!!!! Bowles has blown me and the Jets season out of the water. Fuk!n unbelievable.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

That's the scenario that best meets the facts.  I like Geno too, I thought he showed heart in the two seasons he was thrown out there with an undermanned offense, but the fact is that the big rap against him was that he was a turnover machine.  We hoped he would mature past that.  So they put him in with a just a few minutes left and what happens?  He fumbles on one play, (recovered by the Jets), and gets intercepted.  This is his fourth year, he's no longer a young QB, he's a veteran now.

Hate to say this, I just think Geno just blew his opportunity to get back to starting right there.  Now they're waiting a couple of weeks for Petty.

4 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

what I don't understand is where he got his information from.  during his conference call, bowles said no decision would be made until after he met with his staff and mac. this story came out at 6:49 pm and i don't think their meeting was over that quick and they called this guy to tell him who was starting.  something smells fishy in Denmark.

This seems like a story based on the old info Bowles told reporters after the game and not the updated news that Bowles is reconsidering.

Archived