Fire Bowles: MERGED

choon328

Just now, SAR I said:

Perfectly stated.

And now is not the time to give up on him.  After the first 6 weeks and the brutal schedule, we're now into the types of teams Fitz can compete against.  We are about to be 3-1 in our last 4, would have been 4-0 if not for special teams.

SAR I

right.  the problem wasn't bringing him back.  the problem is bowles stubbornly sticking to him not realizing his inflexibility will ultimately doom him as well when woody leans on mccags to get a new hc to grow with the young qbs.  bowles thinks his job is safer by ekeing out wins vs. the dolphins, browns and rams with a veteran qb.  he doesn't realize he's better off using petty and/or hack at some point to give the fanbase hope and energize the offense.  this offense is not about brandon marshall/fitz/decker/mangold anymore.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You are a GM, Your QB has just had a career season. Jets fans have been starving for a QB. Media is singing his praises. You let him go. You think you get out alive?

Listen, the man was listed in the NFL's top 100 players several times, so it was not just the fans. The media and other players liked him too

If you are a good and knowledgable GM you do realize the Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL the he had his career year in.

As a GM you look to improve the team year after year not remain status quo. 

If Mike Maccagnan thought Ryan Fitzpatrick was the answer to our QB dilemma lets get those planes flying and the billboards up ASAP. 

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You are a GM, Your QB has just had a career season. Jets fans have been starving for a QB. Media is singing his praises. You let him go. You think you get out alive?

Listen, the man was listed in the NFL's top 100 players several times, so it was not just the fans. The media and other players liked him too

Or, you realize that the QB had trouble with pocket awareness, accuracy, and decision making that could derail a team.  You might notice that the QB would stair down his receiver and said receivers made incredible efforts to pluck those bad decisions and inaccurate passes.  

The QB is suppose to elevate the other players, not the other way around.

Just now, hawk said:

Or, you realize that the QB had trouble with pocket awareness, accuracy, and decision making that could derail a team.  You might notice that the QB would stair down his receiver and said receivers made incredible efforts to pluck those bad decisions and inaccurate passes.  

The QB is suppose to elevate the other players, not the other way around.

I also forget to mention and not to be forgotten he choked big time when we needed him to step it up the most the story of his career. 

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't care.  I said it after the Buffalo game.  Fitz reared his ugly old  familiar  head when all of it mattered.   Nobody else wanted him in the off seson.  He had a history.  All the signs were there.  You are right.  The media would have killed him.  But history has borne it out.  It was a bad football move.  Macc should have realized he was going nowhere with this guy.  That is what they are paid to do, not to read the newspapers and quake at the idea of going against the media.  Bowles has been terrible, but he keeps chugging Fitz out there.  He does not give a hoot about media.  But Bowles is another issue entirely.  No i qualify this by saying it could have been a Woody.  On the surface I think Macc blew it.  The smart, bold move would have been to wave bye bye to Mr. Mediocre.  I am just saying that if Macc is a football guy, and he seriously believed he was going to get another year out of Fitz like last year, then he is not the guy to plan our future. 

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

My gripe with Macc this year is Mo and Fitz.  Buffalo last year was a flashing neon sign and Macc crossed his fingers and ignored it.  Geno could have easily lost those 5 of 6 early on.  Perish the thought, he might actually have won 2 of the 6.  And I was against bringing Mo back.  He has never had a constant motor and was always overrated by NYJet fans.  A very good player, but not irreplaceabe.  I wonder if Woody pressed him to do both of these things.  I consider them bad football moves, but typical owner moves.

Mo and Fitz were Woody moves, in my belief.  

Woody was obsessed with getting "compensation" for Mo, but no one was trading for a 3-4 DE under the franchise tag.  A year left on his rookie contract, maybe.  Otherwise you let him sign somewhere else and get a comp pick, like the Broncos did with Malik Jackson.

But as pointed out on the radio this morning, Bowles has a 4 year contract.  No way he gets fired this season.  He gets three seasons.  Woody is not eating 2 years of contracts.

I do wonder whether Woody squeezed Bowles to go with a relatively light DC expecting that Bowles would do most of the work.  Kacy Rodgers is not working out.  Assuming Bowles keeps his job, Rodgers needs to be upgraded.  Gailey's playcalling has also be lackluster, and maybe Patullo is ready to step up. 

So regardless of whether Bowles keeps his job, coaching of the team must get better.  Too many injuries too.

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

Mo and Fitz were Woody moves, in my belief.  

Woody was obsessed with getting "compensation" for Mo, but no one was trading for a 3-4 DE under the franchise tag.  A year left on his rookie contract, maybe.  Otherwise you let him sign somewhere else and get a comp pick, like the Broncos did with Malik Jackson.

But as pointed out on the radio this morning, Bowles has a 4 year contract.  No way he gets fired this season.  He gets three seasons.  Woody is not eating 2 years of contracts.

I do wonder whether Woody squeezed Bowles to go with a relatively light DC expecting that Bowles would do most of the work.  Kacy Rodgers is not working out.  Assuming Bowles keeps his job, Rodgers needs to be upgraded.  Gailey's playcalling has also be lackluster, and maybe Patullo is ready to step up. 

So regardless of whether Bowles keeps his job, coaching of the team must get better.  Too many injuries too.

I think Macc should have learned something in both the Mo and the Fitz cases.   He tried to trade Mo. He brought Fitz back.  They were not in great demand.  To go ahead and overpay both of them, and to even bring Fitz back, who had his career year and stil could not generate any interest in a QB starved league, is bad football management.  That is why I smell a Woody.  Agree that Blowes stays anther year.

Anita Marks was at Wilkerson's fundraiser a few weeks back and asked if any players would show up. Wilk's team said they didn't know because the locker room is a mess.

Sheldon and Wilkerson obviously have a problem with the way Bowles is using them. Seriously, we have the best defensive line in football and we can't get to the QB. Think about that. 

I can't wait until Bowles and Fitz are gone and we can flush the Toilet Bowles.

Rex couldn't get them to the QB either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

none of us know if Woody will eat the contract...  If he made this mess which maybe the case with Mo and Fitz, then he needs to step up and bite the bullet because the fan base is already calling for TB to be replaced and rightly so because this team's play is abysmal.  

AS for those that say that TB hasn't lost the team i disagree.  Irrespective of what Marshall says (and it seems to me he is the only one talking) this team has become dysfunctional, i.e., stars "constantly" missing meetings - not one or two, players playing lackadaisical/half heartedly, players playing out of control - as was the case last week, continued poor communication in the secondary - same problem as week one, NO in game adjustments, no halftime adjustments, poor clock management, OB who is rated the worst in the NFL  yet he sticks with him, need I go on?  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

A player coming late isn't losing the locker.  You tell players they have to be at a meeting a certain time.  If they don't it's your fault?  And then you bench them for it?   WTF are you talking about.  They're men, it's their fault and they were punished for it.  Move on, nothing here.

Petty was injured, how the **** do you know he was or should be ready.  Stop with the silly complaints.  As if the coaches don't want a better alternative to Fitz being available.  As if the CS thinks Fitz is good and that better QB would hurt the team.  Do you read your own shlt?

How many ******* times can you say he's made mistakes?  No Shlt, we know.  You're a broken record.  Saying nothing new 

If he wasn't or isn't ready then Todd should be fired for having him as our backup this past week.

26 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If he wasn't or isn't ready then Todd should be fired for having him as our backup this past week.

No other QB on the roster is ready but Ryan Fitzpatrick if the coaching staff calls him ready its a no wonder we are 3-6 and everything is a disaster. 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Players quite obviously dont support Todd Bowles. 

Reports are out that Mo and Sheldon are pissed at how Bowles and Rodgers are using them in the defense. 

Dont agree or like my posts put me on ignore but please stop the whining...........

HI Joe I read online reports all the time can you please link to some of these reports?  I think rodgers has done a crappy job and I am curious to see what they say.

16 minutes ago, rammagen said:

HI Joe I read online reports all the time can you please link to some of these reports?  I think rodgers has done a crappy job and I am curious to see what they say.

You can Google search the articles I read where Mo and Sheldon didnt agree with how they were being utilized might have been a Daily News article. 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You can Google search the articles I read where Mo and Sheldon didnt agree with how they were being utilized might have been a Daily News article. 

I did and did not find anything. The only article I found on Sheldon was him saying he thought playing Lber would get him more money...

Todd Bowles won't admit it, but fans know the truth: The Jets' season is over, and the playoffs are a pipe dream.

The Jets already have six losses with two games against the Tom Brady-led Patriots remaining on the schedule. They're in last place in the AFC East, possess a better record than only two teams in the conference, and their best option at quarterback remains Ryan Fitzpatrick, who's thrown an NFL-worst 13 picks on the year and suffered a sprained MCL in a loss to the Dolphins this past Sunday.

Fitzpatrick reportedly believes he will be ready to play against the Rams this weekend. But even if FitzMagic leads the Jets on a miraculous run to finish 10-6 (nearly impossible) or 9-7 (extremely improbable), the squad will have difficulty winning a wild-card tiebreaker with losses to the Chiefs, Steelers, and Bengals already this season.

So even if Bowles and the Jets won't look to next year, it's time for Gang Green Nation to do exactly that. And we're here to help.

Follow the Daily News Sports on Facebook. "Like" us here.

The organization hasn't exactly drafted well over the past five years — largely thanks to John Idzik's tenure — but there are still a number of young players on the Jets roster who provide promise for GM Mike Maccagnan as he tries to build a sustainable core.

Here are four of them, and why they could important pieces for the Jets' future.

1. DL Leonard Williams

Our own Manish Mehta reported last week that defensive lineman Leonard Williams remains the only untouchable player on the Jets roster. And there's good reason for that notion. Williams has turned potential into reality this season from both a pass-rushing and run-stopping standpoint. The freakish athleticism and massive frame that led the Jets to draft the former USC standout sixth overall in 2015 has translated into production in his second full NFL season. His six sacks lead the team and are tied for sixth in the league. More impressively, his 10 tackles for loss are second most in the NFL behind only the Rams' Aaron Donald, who is widely regarded as the top defensive tackle in football. Williams is still just 22 years old, and the Jets have the option of keeping him through 2019 under his rookie contract. If Gang Green contends in the next three seasons, Williams will be a major part of that.

It’s time for Jets to find out if Bryce Petty is a keeper at QB

AUG. 21, 2015, FILE PHOTO

Leonard Williams has become a star in the making for the Jets this season.

(PETER MORGAN/AP)

2. LB Darron Lee

It's tough for the Jets to know exactly what they have in rookie Darron Lee, who suffered a severe ankle sprain during the Jets' loss to the Cardinals in Week 6 and hasn't returned to the field since, even for practice. He had a rough game against the Seahawks in Week 4, when high-flying Seattle tight end Jimmy Graham abused the 6-1 Lee on multiple catches down field. And coaches, including defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers, have been lukewarm when discussing Lee's progress this season. The Jets selected the Ohio State product with the No. 20 overall pick in an effort to upgrade the pass coverage from their linebackers, so the Seahawks game was a concerning sign. But he's still young. And playing alongside David Harris — one of the most durable linebackers in NFL history — on the inside should do wonders for his development. At 32, though, Harris' best years are behind him. The organization will need an inside linebacker to step up as the quarterback of the Jets defense in the years to come. Lee will be that guy if he can return from this ankle injury and make a big jump from his rookie to sophomore seasons.

Not Released (NR)

Darron Lee.

(AL PEREIRA/GETTY IMAGES FOR NEW YORK JETS)

3. WR Quincy Enunwa

For the Jets, Quincy Enunwa is the exception. He's one of the only late-round draft picks in the last decade to develop into a legitimately productive player for the organization. This has been his breakout season. The Jets selected Enunwa in the sixth round of the 2014 draft and kept him stashed on the practice squad for all but one game that ensuing season. In 2015, the former Nebraska Cornhusker won the No. 3 wideout job in camp, but offensive coordinator Chan Gailey utilized him more as a blocker than a pass-catcher. When Eric Decker went down with a season-ending shoulder injury after Week 3 this year, though, Enunwa was forced to take on a bigger role, and he's responded with some of the biggest catches of the Jets season. He's second on the team in catches (37) and yards (527). And his three touchdown receptions lead all Jets receivers. Against the Ravens, Enunwa showed off some unexpected acceleration on a 69-yard TD. And in a win over the Browns, Enunwa did his best Anquan Boldin impression, breaking multiple tackles on his way to a 24-yard touchdown. Enunwa has been perhaps the most pleasant surprise of this campaign, and he should be a key part of the Jets' passing game when they eventually settle on a franchise quarterback.

Great teams draft well... so here’s how the Jets have drafted

Which brings us to…

Quincy Enunwa.

Quincy Enunwa.

(SCOTT GALVIN/USA TODAY SPORTS)

4. QB Bryce Petty

Let's come full circle. The Jets aren't making the playoffs, which means Bowles' insistence on starting Fitzpatrick is misguided. The organization needs to find out what Petty can be, especially after they spent a second-round pick on Christian Hackenberg in the 2016 draft. Petty showed promise in the preseason finale against the Eagles before suffering a bruised shoulder on his throwing-arm side. The injury kept Petty out of practice, and the missed reps stunted his development. But at this point, what do the Jets have to lose? We'll find out soon enough if Petty will be part of the Jets' future.

Bryce Petty.

Bryce Petty.

(BRAD MILLS/USA TODAY SPORTS)

5 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Didn't have a lot of choice.

There is a huge difference with having a backup come in and get you through a game if the starter is injured and being named the starting QB

Every week that Bowles starts Fitzpatrick from this point forward is another nail in his coffin.

There is absolutely no reason we should be putting Fitzpatrick on the field now.

This should be Petty's season from here on out and if he gets hurt then you let Hack play but sticking with Fitzpatrick is utter stupidity and accomplishing nothing - other then hindering the development of our young QB's by taking valuable regular season reps from them with the first team offense.

There is no intelligent defense for Bowles's decision to keep Fitzpatrick on the field.

I have seen some ignorant, bone-headed coaching decisions in my day - this one has got to rank near the top of the list.

Every week that Bowles starts Fitzpatrick from this point forward is another nail in his coffin.

There is absolutely no reason we should be putting Fitzpatrick on the field now.

The season is already a wash - let Petty get some regular season reps with the first team offense and lets find out what we really have in him.

This should be Petty's season from here on out and if he gets hurt then you let Hack play but sticking with Fitzpatrick is utter stupidity.

There is no intelligent defense for Bowles's decision to keep Fitzpatrick on the field.

I have seen some ignorant, bone-headed coaching decisions in my day - this one has got to rank near the top of the list.

7 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The season is already a wash - let Petty get some regular season reps with the first team offense and lets find out what we really have in him.

This should be Petty's season from here on out and if he gets hurt then you let Hack play but sticking with Fitzpatrick is utter stupidity.

I am very certain that Bowles would not be starting Fitz unless  Woody and Macc were supportive of it.  

They appeared to be at least supportive (if not directing) benching Fitz for Geno. 

Woody looks at football like a movie producer creates a movie.  He wants to create something entertaining.  There is a fear that the combination of inexperience, injury and possibly ability would render the Jets a complete joke at home.  Most of us disagree, but what do we know.  

I actually agree with the decision, for now, particularly against the Rams.  Give Petty more time to practice and get healthy.  Let Fitz cripple himself behind these two tackles for $12mm.  Let Petty play at least the last 4 games with players motivated for their next contracts.

The Jets will sign a vet for next year.  Hopefully it is someone sensical.   If I were the Jets I would pay what I need to produce a credible OL, and then let the younger players play the other positions.

23 hours ago, jack48 said:

I don't care.  I said it after the Buffalo game.  Fitz reared his ugly old  familiar  head when all of it mattered.   Nobody else wanted him in the off seson.  He had a history.  All the signs were there.  You are right.  The media would have killed him.  But history has borne it out.  It was a bad football move.  Macc should have realized he was going nowhere with this guy.  That is what they are paid to do, not to read the newspapers and quake at the idea of going against the media.  Bowles has been terrible, but he keeps chugging Fitz out there.  He does not give a hoot about media.  But Bowles is another issue entirely.  No i qualify this by saying it could have been a Woody.  On the surface I think Macc blew it.  The smart, bold move would have been to wave bye bye to Mr. Mediocre.  I am just saying that if Macc is a football guy, and he seriously believed he was going to get another year out of Fitz like last year, then he is not the guy to plan our future. 

Not in New York.

When did the Giants release Josh Brown? When the media pressed the issue

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Haven't read a word from Mo about the way he's being used.  He's not being used differently, not getting why there would be an issue

17 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

If the Jets fired every player, coach and management guy you hate they would be running out a one man team named Geno Smith 18 times a season

They might actually have a better record and a QB who didnt lead the NFL in INT's

Archived