our defense bad players or bad coaching?

kmnj

we always hear how great our talent is on D -the high draft picks all over but yet our Defense is pretty terrible-so are the players not nearly as good as the hype or they just being poorly coached and put in position to fail.

my personal opinion is our scheme does not fit our talent but what do I know lol

p.s I realize the third alternative might be true too-bad coaching and players not nearly as good as the hype

what say u

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

we always hear how great our talent is on D -the high draft picks all over but yet our Defense is pretty terrible-so are the players not nearly as good as the hype or they just being poorly coached and put in position to fail.

my personal opinion is our scheme does not fit our talent but what do I know lol

p.s I realize the third alternative might be true too-bad coaching and players not nearly as good as the hype

what say u

Solid talent + terrible coaching = bad defense.

Why can't it be both?  Bowles/Rodgers are terrrible strategists.  I can't remember the last time I left a game thinking "they really out-schemed the opposiing offense"

The defensive players have been bad too, especially the secondary which is the worst in the NFL.  The linebacker group might just lead the NFL in missed tackles.  And the D-line, for all of its hype, still lacks a real edge rusher and can't get to the QB consistently.

It's the most overrated defense the NFL has seen in years.

bowles blew it with sheldumb year 1 when he wasn't punished at all after telling the NY media that we will never see his name in the papers again after his pot suspension knowing he had already been arrested again and the team found out about it from the internet

the team figured bowles out right there

some guys are self motivate, some are not

add to that fitz melt down in buffalo followed by fitz meltdown vs the chiefs and a lot of guys just gave up

so jetsy

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

what say u

who exactly has been good on our D, besides Leo and occasionally Sheldon?

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

what say u

I think it is a little of each. Mental mistakes go to the player, but lack of effort goes to coaches. Anyone else notice that Revis doesn't tackle anymore? Used to be the best of a bad lot. I guess since the HC can't tell the difference between acting and playing, he has decided to go for the academy award for no contact.

Archived