If Woody had any balls he would fire Bowles now at the bye and promote Gailey as interim HC

Jetsbb

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

NO WAY IN HELL 

Gailey is an old dinosaur he cant call a decent game to beat the Rams today. 

I agree. As bad as Bowles has been, Gailey is the real problem here offensively. Petty has a cannon arm and this 'genius' had him throwing ever shorter passes in the second half. Open it up and let him heave one deep once in a while. Maybe Petty couldn't pull the trigger, I saw him several times pull the ball back and that may be on him, but no way Gailey gets HC here. Bowles does need to be fired at the end of the season. He hasn't done a good job in ANY phase of his duties and the team does not respect him at all. He made a serious mistake of taking some of his best buddies with him to the Jets - much like Rich Kotite did - and players can see through that crap.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

I agree. As bad as Bowles has been, Gailey is the real problem here offensively. Petty has a cannon arm and this 'genius' had him throwing ever shorter passes in the second half. Open it up and let him heave one deep once in a while. Maybe Petty couldn't pull the trigger, I saw him several times pull the ball back and that may be on him, but no way Gailey gets HC here. Bowles does need to be fired at the end of the season. He hasn't done a good job in ANY phase of his duties and the team does not respect him at all. He made a serious mistake of taking some of his best buddies with him to the Jets - much like Rich Kotite did - and players can see through that crap.

His entire coaching staff is a bunch of bums. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Firing him now is irrelevant. Season is lost. You want to attract a quality candidate to replace him? You don't embarrass him. There is a stigma attached to this team around how they hire/fire and attract candidates.

Why not he has embarrassed this organization we owe him nothing. 

Send a message fire him. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Firing him now is irrelevant. Season is lost. You want to attract a quality candidate to replace him? You don't embarrass him. There is a stigma attached to this team around how they hire/fire and attract candidates.

Most are not suggesting that. I know I am not. Bowles needs to finish the season and then the embarrassment is on him. I don't see more than five wins so he will be 15-17 after two seasons. Reason enough for Woody to can his a$$. Woody then needs to let Mac hire his next head coach. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Why not he has embarrassed this organization we owe him nothing. 

Send a message fire him. 

Our future HC is watching, there is nothing to gain in firing him now, only to lose. We are going to have a hard enough time getting good coaching candidates to come here if they have other options, lets not make it worse. Plus, his incompetence will probably help us get a better draft position.

Just now, NoBowles said:

Our future HC is watching, there is nothing to gain in firing him now, only to lose. We are going to have a hard enough time getting good coaching candidates to come here if they have other options, lets not make it worse. Plus, his incompetence will probably help us get a better draft position.

And why not send a message to our future head coach put up or be fired. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

And why not send a message to our future head coach put up or be fired. 

That message is well known in the NFL, its a performance league plain and simple. Firing a HC after two years, one of which is 10-6 sends that message loud and clear. Firing him mid season with a 13-13 record is overkill IMO. I am not going to cry if it happens, but I think the smarter business thing to do is let him finish out the season, and get rid of him on Black Monday.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

That message is well known in the NFL, its a performance league plain and simple. Firing a HC after two years, one of which is 10-6 sends that message loud and clear. Firing him mid season with a 13-13 record is overkill IMO. I am not going to cry if it happens, but I think the smarter business thing to do is let him finish out the season, and get rid of him on Black Monday.

Ok you sold me the Monday after the season ends FIRE TODD BOWLES. 

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What about Mr. France as our coach? I don't know much about him at all.

Sorry, but this idea has Terrible written all over it. Firing a HC in the middle of the season is rarely a good idea. What is the point?

Reason 1: turn the season around. What is the point in that? Best case scenario we win our last 6 games - what will that get us? Playoffs are lost - yeah let's try and get a lower draft pick just for the sake of it.

Reason 2: The guy you think you want to be head coach is on the team. How is that? Rodgers? Gailey? our ST coach. Do you think that our best chance for a HC is currently on the team? It is bad enough kicking out a coach after 2 years in a rebuild, but 18 months? Do you think any real candidate would want a job where the owner is going to fire you after 18 months? What good coach is sitting around without a job?

I was a big Bowles supported and I am not happy about the way the team is playing - at least with Rex they would play with fire sometimes, but getting rid of him in the middle of the season. My guess is that he gets one more year, but if not, you have to take your time and find the right replacement. That being said, not sure how I feel about firing an OC mid-season. I think my 7 year old might be able to call plays better.

13 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I feel like fanbases take on their own identity. And our fanbase loves to complain and has zero patience. And I think the media knows it, and loves to light the fire. To build any type of long term success as a Jets Head Coach it's crucial you get off to a good start. You don't and you are doomed.

If the guy had beaten the Bills and lost in the wildcard round of the playoffs he'd be fine. But Bowles didn't.

7 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

If the guy had beaten the Bills and lost in the wildcard round of the playoffs he'd be fine. But Bowles didn't.

Agreed.

Which is kind of sad when you think about it. Bowles tenure here comes down to one single game where his QB played bad and threw an awful pick in the end zone late when he had a wide open Ivory in the flat. To me, that's not on Bowles. And even if it is, one game shouldn't define a coach whose only been here a year and a half.

We're 3-7 and going nowhere.  Benching Fitz for Petty was the obvious move.  Take this opportunity to see how he plays under fire.  Canning Bowles?  Is there a replacement HC that we have our eye on that might benefit from hands on experience with this post bye team?

If the answer is yes, then yes, by all means can Bowles but if the ans is no then the right move is to let Bowles play out the string and see if (like Geno) he can use this time constructively and resurrect himself.

By the way, if we did beat Buffalo, what would that have got us? A cup of coffee?

What is the value of making of the playoffs if you aren't going anywhere?

It's nice, but ultimately means very little.

Bowles has had one good year and one bad year. So by logic, he should get a third year to tip the scale

lol , were worse than Cleveland. they can only get better  but our potential of more failure is a guarantee under this staff>Bowles is not a head coach he works well under supervision but as a leader he has not proven to be capable...

1 minute ago, lambo said:

lol , were worse than Cleveland. they can only get better  but our potential of more failure is a guarantee under this staff>Bowles is not a head coach he works well under supervision but as a leader he has not proven to be capable...

They've been saying that in Cleveland for years now. And they haven't

32 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

By the way, if we did beat Buffalo, what would that have got us? A cup of coffee?

What is the value of making of the playoffs if you aren't going anywhere?

It's nice, but ultimately means very little.

Bowles has had one good year and one bad year. So by logic, he should get a third year to tip the scale

Better perception of Bowles obviously.

If I'm Woody, I'd be gauging interest from Gruden, Holmgren (I know he already did before he hired Bowles), a Harbaugh, maybe even McCarthy, a past proven winner preferably on the offensive side of the ball. 

If no ones biting, I think we keep Bowles for another year and see where we're at. I just don't see the point in getting rid of our first time head coach for the next coordinator first time turned head coach.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe but Herm, Mangini and REx all made the playoffs their first year. What did it do for them?

Bought Fat Rex a longer stay. Had we not gone to the AFCCG back to back his first two years he probably would have been out after three years, four at the most. Tannenbaum would have been out too. 

Bowles sliding into the playoffs last year would have definitely bought him a full three years.

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Bought Fat Rex a longer stay. Had we not gone to the AFCCG back to back his first two years he probably would have been out after three years, four at the most. Tannenbaum would have been out too. 

Bowles sliding into the playoffs last year would have definitely bought him a full three years.

He should have 3 years anywya.

Archived