Wait'll NEXT Year!

SoFlaJets

1 minute ago, August said:

Maybe now the fans will actually be patient and allow a proper rebuild as opposed to a quick fix.

Yeah cuz the fans demanded a no-rebuild season right? Our GM goes out of his way to spend sh*t ton of cap on overrated players  one year after the last GM handed him a nice $50mil cap space cake. Then the GM borrows another 20-30 mil from the future by restructuring several contracts and we still stink. Maybe its the GM/HCs fault afterall and not the fans? We only wanted Idzik gone, which was a huge mistake to begin with.

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Yeah cuz the fans demanded a no-rebuild season right? Our GM goes out of his way to spend sh*t ton of cap on overrated players  one year after the last GM handed him a nice $50mil cap space cake. Then the GM borrows another 20-30 mil from the future by restructuring several contracts and we still stink. Maybe its the GM/HCs fault afterall and not the fans? We only wanted Idzik gone, which was a huge mistake to begin with.

Weren't the fans the ones who put up billboards and flew planes in the midst of a rebuilding season in 2014? The fans talk about rebuilding only in theory until they experience it then they whine and the media plays into it for cheap clicks. The past is the past. Going forward I hope Woody and company allow the gm to rebuild and let the fans media in on it.

22 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I quit see you guys, maybe if I'm still upright next spring I'll give this franchise another chance....maybe 

Many Jets Fans will pass away before we win again.

Think Chicago Cubs.

Think Boston Red Sox.

Better for all of us, especially the older fans, to come to terms with that.  That we may never, in our entire lifetime, get to see the Jets even IN a Super Bowl, much less win one.

Life is far more Zen without undue expectations and the attendant disappointments.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Think Chicago Cubs.

Think Boston Red Sox.

Better for all of us, especially the older fans, to come to terms with that.  That we may never, in our entire lifetime, get to see the Jets even IN a Super Bowl, much less win one.

Life is far more Zen without undue expectations and the attendant disappointments.

DAMMIT this might be me. 

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Think Chicago Cubs.

Think Boston Red Sox.

During seasons like this (no expectations) I don't even get mad when they lose. 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's a more a sad resignation to the reality at hand.  A sigh, a head shake, and on to more enjoyable things.

I will be at every home game all day. I will watch every road game. I will enjoy my time with family and friends on both days.

Just not gonna let it stress me.

Now if they start off 5 and 0 next year, I will start stressing again. No doubt.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Think Chicago Cubs.

Think Boston Red Sox.

This is actually a great attitude to have for all of life. Expect nothing, you have nowhere to go but up. 

54 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I quit see you guys, maybe if I'm still upright next spring I'll give this franchise another chance....maybe 

Isn't this like the 3rd straight year that you've quit on the team? Just bump the previous year's thread next time. 

53 minutes ago, August said:

Maybe now the fans will actually be patient and allow a proper rebuild as opposed to a quick fix.

Doubtful. Most fans relationship with this team is like an episode of explosive diarrhea. Panicky, painful, with not a second to spare... 

2 hours ago, August said:

Weren't the fans the ones who put up billboards and flew planes in the midst of a rebuilding season in 2014? The fans talk about rebuilding only in theory until they experience it then they whine and the media plays into it for cheap clicks. The past is the past. Going forward I hope Woody and company allow the gm to rebuild and let the fans media in on it.

Isn't wasn't rebuilding sh*t. Either way, he gave us a good core of players along with 50mil to work with for the new GM. He was in a perfect spot to rebuild. He chose not to and effed up cap wise. Jury is still out on his draft picks though. Im pretty sure every fan had resigned to the fact that 2015 was going to be the rebuild year until Macc went crazy with the the cap space like a kid after a nice Halloween heist. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will be at every home game all day. I will watch every road game. I will enjoy my time with family and friends on both days.

Just not gonna let it stress me.

Now if they start off 5 and 0 next year, I will start stressing again. No doubt.

Its so funny that you say this, I had this exact conversation with my pops after last weeks Miami loss. We were both saying that the more at stake for the Jets, the more stressful the games are, and how much more relaxing it is when there are no expectations. I remember all 4 AFCCG's in my lifetime, I was an absolute mess before and during the game, oozing with stress. I can't even imagine how stressed I would be if they ever made the SB. This past week was pretty relaxing, the game was boring as all hell and I felt like I was watching football from 1923, but it was not stressful and it was fun hanging out with friends and family

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Isn't wasn't rebuilding sh*t. Either way, he gave us a good core of players along with 50mil to work with for the new GM. He was in a perfect spot to rebuild. He chose not to and effed up cap wise. Jury is still out on his draft picks though. Im pretty sure every fan had resigned to the fact that 2015 was going to be the rebuild year until Macc went crazy with the the cap space like a kid after a nice Halloween heist. 

After 2014 ended what made you think they'd continue the rebuild? Once Idzik got fired it was clear as day that they would spend money in order to be competitive. 

4 minutes ago, August said:

After 2014 ended what made you think they'd continue the rebuild? Once Idzik got fired it was clear as day that they would spend money in order to be competitive. 

No, not really. In fact thats far from the truth. none of the fans had hoped for a 10+ win season. We were all resigned to 4-6 wins until Macc decided not to and spent over $50mil in cap space just that one year alonge. We were looking at drafting a QB very early depending on who's out there. That's a sure sign of rebuild.

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

No, not really. In fact thats far from the truth. none of the fans had hoped for a 10+ win season. We were all resigned to 4-6 wins until Macc decided not to and spent over $50mil in cap space just that one year alonge. We were looking at drafting a QB very early depending on who's out there. That's a sure sign of rebuild.

In what universe was the bold true? Maybe amongst you and your peoples? The majority of Jets fans weren't resigned to 4-6 wins because if they were they never pull out billboards and planes. They would've been patient with Idzik, but since they weren't Woody caved to media and fan pressure, and what did they do? Sign Revis, trade for Marshall, sign Cromartie, sign Gilchrist, sign Skrine. No matter who they would've hired the gm would've been spending money with the purpose of being competitive. 

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

During seasons like this (no expectations) I don't even get mad when they lose. 

Simply don't see any progress, not on the talent on the roster, and not in the coaching staff. The OL and secondary were strengths and now both are weaknesses.Was open-minded about Bowles(who seems like a nice guy) , but the Gailey hire was a huge missed opportunity. There are lots of young guys on NFL staffs and in Division 1 and 2 or even 3 you could hire who would have come in here and put in a serious passing attack. And instead they hired an old establish the run retread who was out of football. That was braindead. 

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

032314dolan.jpg

Photo of Lucky Sperm Club Member who came in 2nd to Woody Johnson's Jets offer despite offering more $; thanks Tagliabue.

Rangers have been pretty respectable despite  a cap setup. And he was smart enough to get out of the cable business right before the Great Unhookup,  if dumb enough to buy Newsday .Also thinks he really is a rock star. Kind of a mixed bag. 

6 hours ago, August said:

In what universe was the bold true? Maybe amongst you and your peoples? The majority of Jets fans weren't resigned to 4-6 wins because if they were they never pull out billboards and planes. They would've been patient with Idzik, but since they weren't Woody caved to media and fan pressure, and what did they do? Sign Revis, trade for Marshall, sign Cromartie, sign Gilchrist, sign Skrine. No matter who they would've hired the gm would've been spending money with the purpose of being competitive. 

A 4-12 team with a new GM, entire new CS, and brand new scouting department along with no QB on the team. You want me to believe the Jets were expecting a 10 win season?

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

A 4-12 team with a new GM, entire new CS, and brand new scouting department along with no QB on the team. You want me to believe the Jets were expecting a 10 win season?

They weren't "expecting" 10 wins they just signed veterans for the sole purpose of being competitive. 

1 hour ago, August said:

They weren't "expecting" 10 wins they just signed veterans for the sole purpose of being competitive. 

Whatever you say. Not a single reasonable fan out there was demanding a 10+ win season. It was a great time to pick up key young FAs. Instead, we went with overpriced old vets and traded for Fitz. So Yeah, it ended up NOT being a rebuild but wasn't cuz some guys put up a few billboards. 

Archived