Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I read what you wrote the first time, found it damaging to the fiber of morality and intellect that guides me every day. I'd rather now just poke you with a stick, while you flail around trying to convince on-lookers that you're in control of the situation.

Whatever works for you, whatever makes you feel good.  

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2016 at 1:43 PM, SAR I said:

There is a bigger problem here, folks.

Bowles is on the cusp of losing the team.  Between the spoiled-brat defenders with big contracts like Wilkerson and Harris and Revis and the look-at-me offensive types like Marshall and Forte, these guys don't want to go 4-12 and see their stats torpedoed just to validate a second year country bumpkin. 

The issue isn't Petty vs. Fitz.  The issue is Bowles vs. New Head Coach.  This signals that Woody Johnson wants to hold onto Bowles and the coaching staff and keep his veterans happy and attract free agents next year.  So, sorry, this is the right move from that perspective. 

SAR I

Ticketron it's all about the tickets. Fitz at this point can put up more points than Petty. That's entertainment.

We are in a league where the defending SB champs handed the reigns to Trevor Semian without seeing an ounce of game time evidence he deserved it. DAL opted to go with Dak without evidence he could handle live bullets. Hell Scott Tolzien is playing right now.

By no means am I saying Petty will be good. But any FO who has decided by now that he isn't even worth trying over Fitz at 3-7 is completely inept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

We are in a league where the defending SB champs handed the reigns to Trevor Semian without seeing an ounce of game time evidence he deserved it. DAL opted to go with Dak without evidence he could handle live bullets. Hell Scott Tolzien is playing right now.

By no means am I saying Petty will be good. But any FO who has decided by now that he isn't even worth trying over Fitz at 3-7 is completely inept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Jets fans like us see what the hell is going on around the rest of the NFL we are a really dysfunctional organization from A-Z. 

27 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

15 pages and more before a sunday game about A QB no one will ever remember?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/03/24/your-money/why-people-remember-negative-events-more-than-positive-ones.html

"... almost everyone remembers negative things more strongly and in more detail."

Fitz will be remembered for quite some time.  Perhaps one of the most infamous Jet QBs ever.  A prime example of stupidity and horrible decision making by this team.

Archived