Bowles: Fitz to start Sunday vs. NE

jetscrazey

I have been too mad to even post for 2 days. Here is the reality:

1. This is ENTIRELY Bowles decision. He as much as said so with his statement "I do not give away job" which means the other decision makers wanted Petty

2. This says absolutely NOTHING about Petty or his ability to play. It is 100% about the weakest minded QB in the NFL making the decision to stick with the QB he has blind faith in, because he thinks there is a possibility like last year that Fitz somehow wins a few games and those games save his job.

3. This is purely a hail mary play by Bowles to save his job. He does not care really about the long term development of the team

4. And the worst thing, is Bowles will NEVER willingly play either Petty or Hack. He will likely want to keep Fitz if he is retained as HC, stating the losses were a team thing and not on the worst QB in the NFL. If Fitz is not brought back, if Bowles is still HC whatever mediocre veteran QB we sign in the offseason WILL start.

He is a weak minded, untalented MORON. He is the worst HC we have had under Woody.  If he is retained we are just doomed.Of all his terrible traits his belligerent stubborness is the worst of all. 

Reality is, there is literally no possible justification for this move. There is no positive for the Jets development as a team starting Fitz again, absolutely none. 

I expected this move. And to all thinking Petty will start in 2 weeks: NO. Regardless of what happens Bowles will start Fitz the rest of the season, unless fired, or Woody intervenes.

I have not intentionally missed a Jets game in 46 games, and in all that only missed maybe a half dozen games total if that. I am seriously thinking of skipping watchimg a Bowles coached, Fitz led team. It is just too painful.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it was Bowles decision because it was the correct one.

IMO the only decision he has made in two seasons that is worthy of firing was running Geno back out there a few weeks ago

Thankfully Ben Ijalana let #91 of the Ravens through, saved us from that disaster and earned this season's IM Emkapali New York Jet MVP award and ended the Geno Smith ERROR of Jet football

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You began the discussion by responding to me. I don't care if you agree. I prefer it when people disagree, then whine when they can't back their argument.

I have no incentive to walk away. It was you're idea. You keep replying, but with directions to walk away instead of a better argument.

Heed your own advice.

Glad you dont care if I disagree, thats big of you.  

I cant back my argument?  How can either one of us back either argument?  Its called a discussion, you think its some kind of competition where youre the only one who is right.

If I was so friggen wrong in regards to QBs, was so far off the mark every time we discussed Fitz and the Jets QB situation, if I was over the top in my support of Fitz and he turned into what I and others predicted, I would stop telling any of those people theyre wrong.  

I said move on, you just cant

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Glad you dont care if I disagree, thats big of you.  

I cant back my argument?  How can either one of us back either argument?  Its called a discussion, you think its some kind of competition where youre the only one who is right.

If I was so friggen wrong in regards to QBs, was so far off the mark every time we discussed Fitz and the Jets QB situation, if I was over the top in my support of Fitz and he turned into what I and others predicted, I would stop telling any of those people theyre wrong.  

I said move on, you just cant

The implicit point of responding to tell me you disagree, is that you think I'm wrong.

Now you're backpedalling away from it with the bold, and the other nonsense you've deviated to about "moving on". 

If you're in such a rush to end the debate, that you started, then it's up to you to move on. Not me. As long as you continue to reply with non sequiturs and claims that I cannot "move on", I am obliged to point back to the initial point of contention and your inability to frame a sound argument as the reason you're offering nothing but whiney responses now.

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Just be thankful on this thanksgiving we don't have to watch this horrible qb make the biggest bone head play in NFL history.. 

Not even close, this was an inconsequential play in a blowout loss. Its the SOJF mentality that treats it like some sort of twisted badge of dishonor that keeps it relevant.

FTR Pisarcik fumbling when the Giants were in kneel down mode was the biggest bonehead play in NFL history.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

The implicit point of responding to tell me you disagree, is that you think I'm wrong.

Now you're backpedalling away from it with the bold, and the other nonsense you've deviated to about "moving on". 

If you're in such a rush to end the debate, that you started, then it's up to you to move on. Not me. As long as you continue to reply with non sequiturs and claims that I cannot "move on", I am obliged to point back to the initial point of contention and your inability to frame a sound argument as the reason you're offering nothing but whiney responses now.

You're so easy to play.  You'll argue anything.  And be pompous about it.  

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're so easy to play.  You'll argue anything.  And be pompous about it.  

I opted into this exchange, specifically because you're feelings are so easily hurt by pomposity. 

I'm not sure this is going quite the way you think it is. You're one of the easiest people on this site to tweak.

When you decide to "move on", I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving.

16 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the point I've made, and won't continue to repeat beyond this response, is that you can be un-ready and still be worth starting. Improving as a player is a function of getting reps, or gaining experience. Petty needs experience. It's not about "force feeding", but more about giving a guy a chance to get reps in a season where any growing pains he experiences don't impact our chances of making the playoffs... because that ship has sailed. These aren't throw-away games, but they are "who wants to be on the roster next year games", or at least they should be. There's a lot to play for... but Fitz isn't part of any of that. There's only so much "developing" some guys can do taking backup reps. Some guys thrive when the snaps count. I'd like to see Petty play the position without fear, with the trust of the staff behind him, for a few games to find out what he's made of. The GM and coach, if they plan on being here next year, should want to see that too.

To the bold, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nobody is making those points.... but I supposed you needed to have a counter-punch to the naive comment.

Who said he isnt ready?  Todd Bowles?  WTF does he know?  

I watched Bryce Petty QB an entire NFL game and he walked away with both arms and legs.  It was crazy!!!!

Too keep pounding the desk with this "he isnt ready" rhetoric, is literally the biggest pile of bull sh*t this world has ever known.  You would have thought he threw 6 INT's in the game.  

He was fine in his first ever action.  We've seen much worse on this very team, this very season.  He's more than ready to play a game he's been playing since he was 10 years old. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I watched Bryce Petty QB an entire NFL game and he walked away with both arms and legs.  It was crazy!!!!

Too keep pounding the desk with this "he isnt ready" rhetoric, is literally the biggest pile of bull sh*t this world has ever known.  You would have thought he threw 6 INT's in the game.  

He was fine in his first ever action.  We've seen much worse on this very team, this very season.  He's more than ready to play a game he's been playing since he was 10 years old. 

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Almost waiting for a reporter to say "But what about the actual results on the field, Todd?  They weren't much different than what you got from Fitz, and Petty can deliver the ball to more of the field"

17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the point I've made, and won't continue to repeat beyond this response, is that you can be un-ready and still be worth starting. Improving as a player is a function of getting reps, or gaining experience. Petty needs experience. It's not about "force feeding", but more about giving a guy a chance to get reps in a season where any growing pains he experiences don't impact our chances of making the playoffs... because that ship has sailed. These aren't throw-away games, but they are "who wants to be on the roster next year games", or at least they should be. There's a lot to play for... but Fitz isn't part of any of that. There's only so much "developing" some guys can do taking backup reps. Some guys thrive when the snaps count. I'd like to see Petty play the position without fear, with the trust of the staff behind him, for a few games to find out what he's made of. The GM and coach, if they plan on being here next year, should want to see that too.

To the bold, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nobody is making those points.... but I supposed you needed to have a counter-punch to the naive comment.

+1

He can be gun shy in his first ever start, watch film on it after that, and play like he's got a pair the next time around. There's a reason why people get better at things with repetition, and it simply isn't the same being in a live game and practicing. Just for starters, in practice a QB knows he's not getting hit no matter what. Just getting hit for the first time since college can rattle him. 

Gotta put him back onto the horse. The beauty of the situation, if one wants to see any silver lining, is that we're not going anywhere this year anyway, so benching Fitz isn't like some opportunity lost.

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

1. This is ENTIRELY Bowles decision. He as much as said so with his statement "I do not give away job" which means the other decision makers wanted Petty

2. This says absolutely NOTHING about Petty or his ability to play. It is 100% about the weakest minded QB in the NFL making the decision to stick with the QB he has blind faith in, because he thinks there is a possibility like last year that Fitz somehow wins a few games and those games save his job.

3. This is purely a hail mary play by Bowles to save his job. He does not care really about the long term development of the team

4. And the worst thing, is Bowles will NEVER willingly play either Petty or Hack. He will likely want to keep Fitz if he is retained as HC, stating the losses were a team thing and not on the worst QB in the NFL. If Fitz is not brought back, if Bowles is still HC whatever mediocre veteran QB we sign in the offseason WILL start.

He is a weak minded, untalented MORON. He is the worst HC we have had under Woody.  If he is retained we are just doomed.Of all his terrible traits his belligerent stubborness is the worst of all. 

Reality is, there is literally no possible justification for this move. There is no positive for the Jets development as a team starting Fitz again, absolutely none. 

I expected this move. And to all thinking Petty will start in 2 weeks: NO. Regardless of what happens Bowles will start Fitz the rest of the season, unless fired, or Woody intervenes.

I have not intentionally missed a Jets game in 46 games, and in all that only missed maybe a half dozen games total if that. I am seriously thinking of skipping watchimg a Bowles coached, Fitz led team. It is just too painful.

I don't blame you. 45 years for me. I will not watch another game unless Bowles is fired or Fitz is benched

5 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I don't blame you. 45 years for me. I will not watch another game unless Bowles is fired or Fitz is benched

I agree with you but its very hard not to watch the Jets on TV when they are on I wont dare waste my time and money going to any home games not until they clean this sh*t up. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree with you but its very hard not to watch the Jets on TV when they are on I wont dare waste my time and money going to any home games not until they clean this sh*t up. 

I live in Florida so most of the games are not on locally. I will not watch this mess in a sports bar

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Do you really expect Bowles to NOT try to save his job? Who in the free world would not try to save their own job? 

Everyone wants to blame Fitzpatrick, blame Bowles, yeah, they both suck, but they are merely pawns in the suckage which is Woody Johnson.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Do you really expect Bowles to NOT try to save his job? Who in the free world would not try to save their own job? 

Everyone wants to blame Fitzpatrick, blame Bowles, yeah, they both suck, but they are merely pawns in the suckage which is Woody Johnson.

You do realize that if Bowles gets fired he still gets paid, right? Even less of a reason to play Fitz.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Know why he 'wasn't ready' last game?  Because during the week they gave almost all of the reps to fitzpatrick and then made the big last minute decision to start petty.  He'll never be 'ready' as long as the bone head coaches do not declare him as a starter and give him proper prep reps.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

No, saying knowing that you get paid no matter what should give you the courage to play younger guys.You win either way.

No HC is going to do anything to help themselves get fired, none. Everyone hates Fitzpatrick, and Bowles, and yeah, they both suck balls, but Woody is the real problem. 

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

No HC is going to do anything to help themselves get fired, none. Everyone hates Fitzpatrick, and Bowles, and yeah, they both suck balls, but Woody is the real problem. 

Sad situation especially for those schlepping to the stadium spending all that money and time for what....

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Sad situation especially for those schlepping to the stadium spending all that money and time for what....

I refuse to spend even $1 that will go towards Woody as long as he continues to be a horrible owner. If he ever gets his act together, I will be back and even buy a PSL, but for now, no way in hell. He treats this franchise like its his own little ant farm in his bedroom.

Just now, NoBowles said:

I refuse to spend even $1 that will go towards Woody as long as he continues to be a horrible owner. If he ever gets his act together, I will be back and even buy a PSL, but for now, no way in hell. He treats this franchise like its his own little ant farm in his bedroom.

Agree its a volatile situation we are a bottom feeder team with no end in site. I wont waste 1 cent on tickets or merchandise I already put the word  out to family and friends no Jets merchandise for Christmas ( or should I say for the holidays) 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Agree its a volatile situation we are a bottom feeder team with no end in site. I wont waste 1 cent on tickets or merchandise I already put the word  out to family and friends no Jets merchandise for Christmas ( or should I say for the holidays) 

Ive done the same, every year my family used to get me hats, shirts, sweatshirts, etc. for my birthday and for Christmas and fathers day. As soon as Woody insisted on hiring a new GM while forcing the loud mouthed man baby on the new GM, I told them not to buy me any more Jets gear.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I opted into this exchange, specifically because you're feelings are so easily hurt by pomposity. 

I'm not sure this is going quite the way you think it is. You're one of the easiest people on this site to tweak.

When you decide to "move on", I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving.

It's apparent to anyone reading I don't give a shlt and that you are the one bothered and annoyed. It's going exactly as I think it is.  You're pissy because I said from the biggining I don't agree, no one can prove a thing move on.  You can't. You'll come back again and again.  It's what you do.  You just don't have a clue that you do.  

With that, have a Happy Thanksgiving, do mean that.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's apparent to anyone reading I don't give a shlt and that you are the one bothered and annoyed. It's going exactly as I think it is.  You're pissy because I said from the biggining I don't agree, no one can prove a thing move on.  You can't. You'll come back again and again.  It's what you do.  You just don't have a clue that you do.  

With that, have a Happy Thanksgiving, do mean that.

Hahaha, no it isn't. I don't get pissy, you do. I don't get annoyed, you do. You contested my initial point, I shot down your argument, and you diverted to saying "nobody can prove anything" and "Ape can't move on". That's chicken sh*t, and typical of a bad debater.

I know I come back over and over. I choose to. Part of the whole pompous schtick I've developed is to make people look stupid or weak or whiney, and then beat the dead horse. It's what I do, because I like it. It makes me laugh.

There was no point during any of this exchange where this did, or was going to, go well for you. Accept it, and then take your own advice and move on.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hahaha, no it isn't. I don't get pissy, you do. I don't get annoyed, you do. You contested my initial point, I shot down your argument, and you diverted to saying "nobody can prove anything" and "Ape can't move on". That's chicken sh*t, and typical of a bad debater.

I know I come back over and over. I choose to. Part of the whole pompous schtick I've developed is to make people look stupid or weak or whiney, and then beat the dead horse. It's what I do, because I like it. It makes me laugh.

There was no point during any of this exchange where this did, or was going to, go well for you. Accept it, and then take your own advice and move on.

It's amazing.  Really is.  Instead of preaching you should go back, read what I wrote and find issue with the simple no one can prove anything theory.  And then read your comebacks. I'm sure you'll find some reason to reply.  Though you should have listened and stopped long ago. Went fine for me, no sane person would think otherwise.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

It's amazing.  Really is.  Instead of preaching you should go back, read what I wrote and find issue with the simple no one can prove anything theory.  And then read your comebacks. I'm sure you'll find some reason to reply.  Though you should have listened and stopped long ago. Went fine for me, no sane person would think otherwise.  

I read what you wrote the first time, found it damaging to the fiber of morality and intellect that guides me every day. I'd rather now just poke you with a stick, while you flail around trying to convince on-lookers that you're in control of the situation.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

'You eat human tears for thanksgiving?'

Not sure you can eat tears, you can probably drink them, or drip them on some food like a gravy or a sauce, but I don't think you can actually eat the tears. But I have been wrong once or twice before, so who knows.

Archived