I love this HC

Tinstar

I think there is something to be said for Bowles choosing not to give in to the media and fan pressure and stick with Fitz.  The idea that you don't just give away jobs makes sense in theory but, it needs to be followed through across the whole team.  Fitz isn't the only one who should be benched, Why not bench Mo and Revis for their lack of performance and effort?  He's losing respect with the team because he talks a big game about earning playing time but doesn't follow through and continues to play veterans who don't deserve to be playing.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to give him next year & we'll see how they look after they clean house of all of the underwhelming overpaid veterans who seem to be running this team from behind the curtains so to speak. So far I'm not a fan but man, its hard to coach guys that won't tackle (Revis), can't tackle (Skrine & Gilchrist), can't run (Harris), are inexperienced (Jenkins, Lee), take horrible angles (Pryor), are lazy (Mo Wilk).

So far all of the young guys seem to be hustling their azzes off most of them showing signs of improvement. That is encouraging. Bowles is a stubborn hardazz from the Parcells, Ariens tree (both pretty tough guys), and I don't think the veterans like him (he's demanding). Mo is lazy, Richardson is a THUG, Pryor is just stupid.

His Oline is a mess. He has no real QB. Even though I don't like the fact that he doesn't take chances, I'm sure in his mind he's thinking, when I have the team I want, doing the things that I expect, we won't need to do foolish sh*t to win games. He likes coaching conservatively. He's not getting fired.

Just now, ASH1962 said:

That is all we need to know, a defensive guru who has a horrible defense

Through 11 games the Jets defense are:

12th in total points allowed

11th in total yards allowed

4th in average yards per carry and rushing yards allowed per game 

Why are they horrible exactly? because they are losing games? 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2016&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&qualified=false

this is 2016 the QB is everything and the problem with this team is the QB. Not the HC. Maybe the GM who selected these QBs is more to blame than the HC who is asked to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.  

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2016&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&qualified=false

this is 2016 the QB is everything and the problem with this team is the QB. Not the HC. Maybe the GM who selected these QBs is more to blame than the HC who is asked to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.  

The #s lie, the D has been horrible and the main reason we have stunk this year.  in recent weeks they have played better but when it comes down to winning time they are nowhere to be found.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I have no issue with Bowles in the terms he is just described.  I don't even have a monster beef about the whole QB thing.

By far the biggest issue i have is the defense, the part of the team he is most responsible flat out sucks ass.  The good vet players are loafing or taking advantage of him.  His system is being owned game in and game out and he doesn't seem to know how to stop it.  He has an assortment of players the GM has given him who are being put in positions to fail, or at the least being put in positions they can't succeed.

If you are D coach or an O coach and one side of the ball is 'your baby' and most of the resources have been stuck into that side they better produce.

The QB and offense is a disappointment, the special teams are bad but the defense is an utter joke and that falls on this coach.

To be fair the D has played better recently. Many here were predicting a 50-burger out of NE; we held them to 22 - the lowest production with Brady this year. First time Brady was held scoreless in Q1 this year. So there is some improvement. And we're seeing Roberts get more playing time at CB, so Bowles is changing personnel to suit.

Not saying it's not been disappointing overall, but maybe we're seeing things come together a bit more.

12 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Huh? HC sets the tone for every player on the roster and lets them know exactly what is expected of them. He coaches them. All of them. Including the ones that miss or are late to meetings.

Maybe at the HS Level, but not in the NFL.  You meet with your coaches, you evaluate the prior game and make decisions on who plays base on who's available . The coordinators formulate a game plan, present it to the HC who approves it or not. Then they try and execute it in practice within the confines of the CBA . You meet with the GM, and the owner and go over players that might be available all while continuing to oversee the practices . The problem with most fans is they think the NFL is like Madden or that BS Fantasy football garbage .

The HC manages the coaches, and the coordinators manage the position coaches and they all get together and make a plan for the coming week .

A HC who tries to coach his team is doomed to fail .Hire competent people, tell them what you want and let them do it. If they fail, you fire them and hire more .  In Football there's a small difference, the HC tells the owner his plan, and he's hired based on that . You have to give someone the opportunity to do what you hired them to do.  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Bit....Hackenberg to Mike Williams next year and for years to come is gonna make us laugh at all this stuff. Remember, you heard it here first.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

The Fans and the media have long dictated what happens within this franchise that I love . Every yr, they start they rants and before long, under severe pressure, a reaction dictates the short term future of this franchise . Enter Todd Bowles, a Bill Parcells disciple who runs his ship his way and decides his future base on his actions and not those of other .  2014 the Jets hire Todd Bowles, signs Fitzpatrick as a veteran backup and he immediately decides that Geno Smith was the starting QB of the NY Jets .The Fans and the media  are up in arms because a fair competition is not being held in their minds . Bowles doesn't care, but sticks to his guns and Smith goes into OTAs as the top dog . Shortly before the start of training camp, Smith is made unavailable due to a broken Jaw, and Fitzpatrick assumes the starting  job . Questioned as to what would happened upon Smith's return to action, the HC makes a statement that would declare to all who care to listen who he was . He said Smith was the starter and now  Fitzpatrick is the starter . He further stated that if the Team was winning, and the QB was playing at a high level he would not make a change for the sake of making a change . Not a direct quote, but something along those lines. Fitzpatrick goes out and has a record setting if not unspectacular season and is assigned the position of starting QB should the Jets and he come to a contract agreement and be resigned.

We have a HC with conviction and honor, a Man's man . Someone who knows what he wants and goes about obtaining it his way . If it cost him his job, then so be it, but I have the utmost respect for anyone who will not be swayed from a prepared path . Before you build a house, you must build a foundation. That foundation must be firm, and be able to withstand anything .  Can anyone here say that Todd Bowles hasn't been the same person from the day he became the HC . Now you can build your house and along the way, you will run into issues, but if given the chance, you can guarantee the house will be built.

If the foundation can be built strong, the same person should be able to orchestrate the building of the house .

I love this HC .

Fine, I understand where you come from... Makes sense..... BUT.... What about the fact that Sheldon and Mo are consistently late with no punishment except the first quarter of the Miami game which cost the Jets a win... (Not like it matters now). Or the lazy effort that you see out on the field. 

Where is the integrity in that? If he has such strong convictions why would he let this happen. Why is Revis still playing? The fact is the Jets play soft and that is a reflection on the head coach, good or bad. With Rex at the helm do you think that Brady would go untouched when blocking for Blount when he reversed field?  That was disgusting and the lack of effort all year is disgusting.  This team is mailing it in under his watch and he is doing nothing to control it.  I have been watching the Jets for over 30 years and I have to say that this is one of the worst (if not THE worst) displays I have ever seen. There is no accountability and Bowles has no control. All that shows me is that Bowles is not ready to lead. Period STOP.

What I watch here every Sunday is sick and disgusting. There is only a bunch of divas collecting paychecks and no heart. Sure there are some bright spots... The ones that haven't made a paycheck yet but the majority of it is real bad... This is one of the worst years on record and Bowles should be fired for that fact alone. His team is soft...

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Just last week a terrible Jets team with no Mangold, no Clady, no Decker led the Pats for 58 minutes. They aren't quitting even though they could. I don't know how that's so awful. 

Coaches coach, players play. If Bowles had better players the team's record would be better

there's no coach in the world that makes Fitz/Geno/Petty/Hack into a winning QB.  These guys suck and it has nothing to do with Bowles. 

Your completely dismissing the fact Bowles a Defensive Coach who brought his defense with him has had 8 1st round picks (currently 6, and a 2nd rounder all who have played well at some point in their careers) 2 more guys signed to heavy contracts the last 2 seasons to help run his concepts, and this defense flat out STINKS, I MEAN STINKS!  Guys don't show up to meetings, his offensive players boycott offseason practices to get their buddy paid, and this is all acceptable under his watch, and that in itself is unexceptable, and grounds for firing, forget the whole list of names he has been handed to QB (the current one sucking it up like he did his whole career he stupidly endorsed, and proclaimed him his starting QB 7 months before he was even under contract, think about that, seriously) his teams.

Now all that said I'd like to see him given 1 more year, give him a chance to fire the DC, try, and str8en out the locker room, and let them know it's his team all players need to STFU when it comes to publicly talking about who should be doing what, and give him a chance to shut his own mouth with stupid statements about players not on the team, and get 1 last chance to correct some of his mistakes the last 2 years.  But that's it 1 season, if the team still doesn't make adjustments, still makes bone headed mistakes, and same rumblings about players doing what ever the fck they want under his watch that's it I'm done, and so should he.

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The main problem I have with this is that when Geno Smith was healthy last season Fitzpatrick was in the middle of a 1-4 stretch where he played horrific like he did most of this season, and Bowles stuck with him.  Yes Fitz had a field day with the rest of the easy schedule going 5-1 the loss being week 17 that cost the Jets the playoffs.  If Bowles was true to his word he would have inserted G Smith as the QB after the Houston Texans game.  And to dispute that Bowles isn't influenced by others to make decisions that he thinks is  best for the team I would, and will argue he stuck with Fitztragic because it's who veterans like Marshall, Decker, Mangold ect. wanted starting, even thou Geno Smith deserved to take his shot at the starting QB position after that Texans game, so the rest of this to me is just nonsense by a HC who like his supposed mentor doesn't want to hitch his wagon to a young inexperienced QB (Parcells telling Archive no thanks to his kid to be picked 1st overall, refusing till it was to late to turn to Ray Lucas in 99), and plays it way to safe to succeed in today's NFL, the Jets will just tread between 4-12, and 10-6 under such direction never being a SB contender under this type of pussified coaching.

Carry on rant over.

How exactly do you bench your  starting QB with a winning record at the time for a QB who has a history of turnovers and himself has a losing record and sell it to your team .

The Fans and the media have long dictated what happens within this franchise that I love . Every yr, they start they rants and before long, under severe pressure, a reaction dictates the short term future of this franchise . Enter Todd Bowles, a Bill Parcells disciple who runs his ship his way and decides his future base on his actions and not those of other .  2014 the Jets hire Todd Bowles, signs Fitzpatrick as a veteran backup and he immediately decides that Geno Smith was the starting QB of the NY Jets .The Fans and the media  are up in arms because a fair competition is not being held in their minds . Bowles doesn't care, but sticks to his guns and Smith goes into OTAs as the top dog . Shortly before the start of training camp, Smith is made unavailable due to a broken Jaw, and Fitzpatrick assumes the starting  job . Questioned as to what would happened upon Smith's return to action, the HC makes a statement that would declare to all who care to listen who he was . He said Smith was the starter and now  Fitzpatrick is the starter . He further stated that if the Team was winning, and the QB was playing at a high level he would not make a change for the sake of making a change . Not a direct quote, but something along those lines. Fitzpatrick goes out and has a record setting if not unspectacular season and is assigned the position of starting QB should the Jets and he come to a contract agreement and be resigned.

We have a HC with conviction and honor, a Man's man . Someone who knows what he wants and goes about obtaining it his way . If it cost him his job, then so be it, but I have the utmost respect for anyone who will not be swayed from a prepared path . Before you build a house, you must build a foundation. That foundation must be firm, and be able to withstand anything .  Can anyone here say that Todd Bowles hasn't been the same person from the day he became the HC . Now you can build your house and along the way, you will run into issues, but if given the chance, you can guarantee the house will be built.

If the foundation can be built strong, the same person should be able to orchestrate the building of the house .

I love this HC .

A few things:

- I dont believe you.

- I like a lot of people in this world because of who they are and what they stand for but if they dont have the right skill set, I'm not hiring on my team. 

- And being stubborn and unwilling to change doesnt make you great.  In fact, it often time makes you very stupid.  History has a long list of people who were set in their ways, unwilling to change and failed greatly.  

- Todd Bowles is not building the foundation.  Big Mac is.  Todd doesnt even report to his GM.  He's worthless because he's not good at the one thing he's supposed to be good at...coaching.  And apparently doesnt have much say in the direction or excuse me, foundation.

- I can honestly say that Todd Bowles has changed because he's a liar.  Remember the best player will play?  We dont play favorites?  Everyone is held to the same standard?  These are quotes that all have come from his mouth and have all proven to be flat out lies.

- Everything you claim to love about him, is obstructing the creation of the foundation. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Your completely dismissing the fact Bowles a Defensive Coach who brought his defense with him has had 8 1st round picks (currently 6, and a 2nd rounder all who have played well at some point in their careers) 2 more guys signed to heavy contracts the last 2 seasons to help run his concepts, and this defense flat out STINKS, I MEAN STINKS!  Guys don't show up to meetings, his offensive players boycott offseason practices to get their buddy paid, and this is all acceptable under his watch, and that in itself is unexceptable, and grounds for firing, forget the whole list of names he has been handed to QB (the current one sucking it up like he did his whole career he stupidly endorsed, and proclaimed him his starting QB 7 months before he was even under contract, think about that, seriously) his teams.

Now all that said I'd like to see him given 1 more year, give him a chance to fire the DC, try, and str8en out the locker room, and let them know it's his team all players need to STFU when it comes to publicly talking about who should be doing what, and give him a chance to shut his own mouth with stupid statements about players not on the team, and get 1 last chance to correct some of his mistakes the last 2 years.  But that's it 1 season, if the team still doesn't make adjustments, still makes bone headed mistakes, and same rumblings about players doing what ever the fck they want under his watch that's it I'm done, and so should he.

He lost that opportunity when he let the lockerroom get to this point.  The lack of effort and accountability is horrible.  And for that alone he should not get another shot.

57 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Just last week a terrible Jets team with no Mangold, no Clady, no Decker led the Pats for 58 minutes. They aren't quitting even though they could. I don't know how that's so awful. 

Coaches coach, players play. If Bowles had better players the team's record would be better

there's no coach in the world that makes Fitz/Geno/Petty/Hack into a winning QB.  These guys suck and it has nothing to do with Bowles. 

Fitz sucking as a NYJ this season is all on Bowles he proclaimed him the starter  in January when he wasn't even under contract, his defense has 6 1st round picks starting, what that's not enough to put out a good D?  Ok let's get him 5 more.  Special Teams is terrible he has hand picked 2 different special teams coaches, and both have been atrocious, that's on Bowles.  Stop making excuses for Bowles failures because it's only his 2nd year.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

So, in other words: become a REAL Head Coach!!

The issue is that all of the things you ask him to correct is pretty much the entire spectrum of head coaching. I think you failed to mention:

• when to be aggressive and when to be more passive during games.
  • learning how to best utilize a bye week to introduce wrinkles that could surprise the opponent.
  • how to EFFECTIVELY hold players accountable.
  • how to EFFECTIVELY motivate players to raise their games.
  • how to incorporate individual player's talents in a game plan.

The only reason I don't want him fired TODAY is that...I don't feel like thinking about who our next coach should be right now.

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

Bit....Hackenberg to Mike Williams next year and for years to come is gonna make us laugh at all this stuff. Remember, you heard it here first.

gosh i hope you are right. Hack looked so terrible in preseason i wonder if he will ever be anything decent. 

Just now, phill1c said:

So, in other words: become a REAL Head Coach!!

The issue is that all of the things you ask him to correct is pretty much the entire spectrum of head coaching. I think you failed to mention:

• when to be aggressive and when to be more passive during games.
  • learning how to best utilize a bye week to introduce wrinkles that could surprise the opponent.
  • how to EFFECTIVELY hold players accountable.
  • how to EFFECTIVELY motivate players to raise their games.
  • how to incorporate individual player's talents in a game plan.

The only reason I don't want him fired TODAY is that...I don't feel like thinking about who our next coach should be right now.

Agreed

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

How exactly do you bench your  starting QB with a winning record at the time for a QB who has a history of turnovers and himself has a losing record and sell it to your team .

Did your mom have to "sell you" on why you have to show up and do your best in school?

but here's how: "BECAUSE I SAY SO!! Anyone who doesn't want to play, let me know and I'll get you a ticket out of here."

Just now, bitonti said:

numbers don't lie they are numbers.

The quarterback or lack thereof is the main reason the team has stunk. 

Do you watch the games... they play soft... they are babies... and let the other team walk down the field every last drive.  D has stunk...

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Do you watch the games... they play soft... they are babies... and let the other team walk down the field every last drive.  D has stunk...

The D HAS stunk.

I don't know that they are babies.

I do know that both the offense and the defense are ranked pretty low.

I also know that Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown the MOST INTs and the Jets defense has the least INTs.

I personally think that the D is underperforming. I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is absolutely the worst QB in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Fine, I understand where you come from... Makes sense..... BUT.... What about the fact that Sheldon and Mo are consistently late with no punishment except the first quarter of the Miami game which cost the Jets a win... (Not like it matters now). Or the lazy effort that you see out on the field. 

Where is the integrity in that? If he has such strong convictions why would he let this happen. Why is Revis still playing? The fact is the Jets play soft and that is a reflection on the head coach, good or bad. With Rex at the helm do you think that Brady would go untouched when blocking for Blount when he reversed field?  That was disgusting and the lack of effort all year is disgusting.  This team is mailing it in under his watch and he is doing nothing to control it.  I have been watching the Jets for over 30 years and I have to say that this is one of the worst (if not THE worst) displays I have ever seen. There is no accountability and Bowles has no control. All that shows me is that Bowles is not ready to lead. Period STOP.

What I watch here every Sunday is sick and disgusting. There is only a bunch of divas collecting paychecks and no heart. Sure there are some bright spots... The ones that haven't made a paycheck yet but the majority of it is real bad... This is one of the worst years on record and Bowles should be fired for that fact alone. His team is soft...

The coach reach a point where he had to punished his players for lateness.  To your knowledge, has it happened since ?    Exactly who's better than Revis at CB on this roster right now ?  Look, the Jets won 10 games in the Man's 1st season as HC . You don't make drastic changes with major players after that.  If you have kids, then you know that they will always test the limits as to what will be allowed. Some made a move, and Coach Bowles countered. Let's see what happens after this yr and we will see what statements are made to this team . I'm not here to say that coach Bowles is perfect, but I am saying that I like the foundation . 

There's something here to work with .

Just now, phill1c said:

The D HAS stunk.

I don't know that they are babies.

I do know that both the offense and the defense are ranked pretty low.

I also know that Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown the MOST INTs and the Jets defense has the least INTs.

I personally think that the D is underperforming. I think Ryan Fitzpatrick is absolutely the worst QB in the NFL.

The d/ST has not scored a TD in over 3 years... Just wow.... WOW... and Revis doesn't tackle, plays soft coverage and gives up once he misses, and yet he still plays...

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

the reason why the defense has no gas left at the end of these games is because the offense isn't doing their job. If the defense has to play 80 plays per game because the offense can't convert on 3rd down, that's not on the defense. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

gosh i hope you are right. Hack looked so terrible in preseason i wonder if he will ever be anything decent. 

I have a good vibe about Hack, if for no other reason than he has been universally hated by almost everyone since his pick. I really believe that the Jets are going to bypass Petty and let Hack play the last 3-4 games. As far as Mike Williams goes, every time I watch him I think of Calvin Johnson. Did you see him vs So.Carolina? This guy is a game changer.

Just now, Tinstar said:

The coach reach a point where he had to punished his players for lateness.  To your knowledge, has it happened since ?    Exactly who's better than Revis at CB on this roster right now ?  Look, the Jets won 10 games in the Man's 1st season as HC . You don't make drastic changes with major players after that.  If you have kids, then you know that they will always test the limits as to what will be allowed. Some made a move, and Coach Bowles countered. Let's see what happens after this yr and we will see what statements are made to this team . I'm not here to say that coach Bowles is perfect, but I am saying that I like the foundation . 

Tinstar... its about effort.  Revis gives none... for that he should be cut. Send a message.  Where is Mo... what has he done. They won 10 games on a soft schedule with a QB playing the best he ever has and the defenses against him dropping a a record number of interceptions. There is no aggressiveness... you punt on 4th and 2 at mid-field down 2 scores with only 7 minutes left... Why?  He doesn't have that coaching skill... its obvious.

I love this HC .

Tinstar, finally another fan who feels the same way I do. Don't post often so wanted to start a thread like this but you have said it perfectly. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I have a good vibe about Hack, if for no other reason than he has been universally hated by almost everyone since his pick. I really believe that the Jets are going to bypass Petty and let Hack play the last 3-4 games. As far as Mike Williams goes, every time I watch him I think of Calvin Johnson. Did you see him vs So.Carolina? This guy is a game changer.

my concern with Hack is he's already been ruined. The dude got sacked like a million times at Penn State. He's like a candy bar that got melted in the car and then you put it in the freezer when you get home. Can something that's been ruined be un-ruined? I guess we'll find out but based on what we've seen so far, he was taken like 3 rounds too early.  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

the reason why the defense has no gas left at the end of these games is because the offense isn't doing their job. If the defense has to play 80 plays per game because the offense can't convert on 3rd down, that's not on the defense. 

Wow, I know you believe that but even when the offense plays well they still give up a game winning drive time and time again... not acceptable

14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

See now you have to sell your team?  Your the ******* HC they don't like it get the **** out.  Just like how he is telling the fans and the Media FU now with the QB decision.  And Fitztragic didn't have a winning record at this time he was 5-5, 1-4 in his last 5 games, and the Jets got something like 20 turnovers in his 4 other wins padding his stats with easy scoring drives.  He stunk last year, his stats were a mirage, and Geno should have gotten the call if Bowles sticks to doing it his way after the Texans game last year, but like you said he was scared to do the unpopular thing with his players, pussified coaching, he is like a bully he will tell the weak F off, but wouldn't dare step on the toes of the guys he might get push back from.

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I couldn’t disagree more and I am anti Fitz.  He hasn’t been good but the biggest problem on this team has been a top 5 talented D playing mostly like a bottom 5 D.  I don‘t care how far they have shot up in recent weeks as they have played better, they still are not good.  If the D was top 5-10 we’d have won at least 3 more games and would still be in the race.  Fitz had the awful KC game other than that he hasn’t really cost us any games.  The D has been mostly terrible until recently when the sched softened(not that it was hard to start).  Even Sunday w/ a clearly hobbled Brady they couldn’t get the job done but the #s looks good!

Just now, Lupz27 said:

See now you have to sell your team?  Your the ******* HC they don't like it get the **** out.  Just like how he is telling the fans and the Media FU now with the QB decision.  And Fitztragic didn't have a winning record at this time he was 5-5, 1-4 in his last 5 games, and the Jets got something like 20 turnovers in his 4 other wins padding his stats with easy scoring drives.  He stunk last year, his stats were a mirage, and Geno should have gotten the call if Bowles sticks to doing it his way after the Texans game last year, but like you said he was scared to do the unpopular thing with his players, pussified coaching, he is like a bully he will tell the weak F off, but wouldn't dare step on the toes of the guys he might get push back from.

They play soft... that is on the head coach. They show no respect in showing up late to meetings.  They give up on plays. That is absurd

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

no...it's part of the reason.  Everyone plays apart.  But the buck stops at the HC.  He's the man ultimately in charge.of the team.

I'm not saying he should get fired this year but he should be on a real short leash next year.

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

John Elway won the Super Bowl and proceeded to make drastic changes. 

Archived