Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets deals are not competing with PSL holders deals on Stubhub.  The Jets are still way overpriced.

Throughout Jets history, the same amount of people can't attend every game.  The difference is that the old season ticket holders just gave their tickets away whereas today's season ticket holders can make some money back.  Another win for PSL's and season ticket holders who didn't use tiny PSL fees as an excuse to quit on the team the moment Rex Ryan went south and the playoff runs ran dry.

SAR I

They most certainly are the ticket brokers they sold the tickets to are.  

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Sales are off or the Jets wouldnt be having a fire sale on tickets New Years day there are many empty seats and unsold PSL's that the Jets have probably sold to ticket brokers throughout the season who in turn sold them to opposing teams fans. 

What dont you get. 

And this has what to do with the end zones?

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

20+ years missed 2 games the Sundays my children were baptized other than that never missed a game. 

You sir deserve a medal.

The horrors you must have witnessed.  

After 10 years of being a Jet season ticket holder, grief counseling should be included as a benefit.  I can only imagine the nightmares after 20+ years.

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

there are A LOT less real fans in the stadium now than there ever was at the old place.

Completely incorrect.

1.  The 12,000 people on the season ticket holder waiting list all have seats now.  We are about as diehard as it gets.  I was on that list for 15 years, couldn't get in.

2.  With ticket scalping a casualty of the internet, real fans like me sell tickets below face value to real fans like you.

More Jets fans than ever before in a stadium that we own.  And you complain.  Because it doesn't look like a pirate ship.  Unreal.

SAR I

Just now, Mike135 said:

You sir deserve a medal.

After 10 years of being a Jet season ticket holder, grief counseling should be included as a benefit.  I can only imagine the nightmares after 20+ years.

Thanks

I enjoyed every minute of it. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

20+ years missed 2 games the Sundays my children were baptized other than that never missed a game. 

For a guy who spends his life destroying the reputations of MetLife Stadium PSL owners you really care too much about your own reputation.

The past is over.  It's 2016.  You don't go to games.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Completely incorrect.

1.  The 12,000 people on the season ticket holder waiting list all have seats now.  We are about as diehard as it gets.  I was on that list for 15 years, couldn't get in.

2.  With ticket scalping a casualty of the internet, real fans like me sell tickets below face value to real fans like you.

More Jets fans than ever before in a stadium that we own.  And you complain.  Unreal.

SAR I

die·hard
ˈdīˌhärd/
noun
  1. a person who strongly opposes change or who continues to support something in spite of opposition.

Just now, SAR I said:

For a guy who spends his life destroying the reputations of MetLife Stadium PSL owners you really care too much about your own reputation.

The past is over.  It's 2016.  You don't go to games.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I

My reputation is not for you to judge. 

You are a sell out who just happens to have money to spend on PSL's. 

You are no more of a fan than anyone else, money doesn't make you a better fan than anyone else. 

You sit here and judge others and mock others for no apparent reason other then their opinions. 

When you attend every game and don't sell out when the going gets tough talk to those of us who have been there and done that. 

In 8 years you have sold  more tickets than most have in a lifetime. 

joewilly12 

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

These are official NFL stats and it's a season average.

So 82,000 showed up for the games early in the year and 69,000 show up later in the year.

What's a "lie"?  What you do to yourself, trying to convince yourself that quitting on the Jets was justified because our owner is greedy and the place won't be the same without you.  Guess what, our owner gave the stadium a long-overdue enema and got rid of your type and the place is thriving without you.  Enjoy your TV.  Just do it quietly.

SAR I

they are fudged #s, we all know that.

I didn't quit and I certainly never sold my seats to opposing fans like you do- THAT is quitting.  I ate tickets or gave them to jet fans when I had extras.

yes, the place is thriving:lol: thriving w/ empty seats and opposing fans while STH's like you don;t show and sell to opposing fans.

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I you are in your 8th year of being a season ticket holder, many including myself have been to way more games and have had season tickets longer than you currently do. 

I had a 20+ year run as a season ticket holder. I never sold out. I never sold tickets to opposing teams fans. 

Lets talk in 12 years at the rate your going you aren't going to make it as a season ticket holder. 

joewilly12 

I was on the waiting list from 1988 to 2001.  Would go to Giants Stadium parking lot and try to scalp tickets I could afford.  Half the time there were no seats so I went home on the bus to Port Authority and missed the game completely in the process.

In 2000 I discovered eBay, found a retiring guy selling his Row 1 Mezzanine season tickets.  Paid him $10,000 for a postcard so I could transfer the 3 seats to my name.  I lived in New Hampshire, drove 10 hours round trip in ice and snow 5x a year, staying in crappy hotels in Secaucus to see the Jets lose countless games.

In 2008 the Jets announced the details of the PSL process.  Would be done by seniority.  I found a fan on JI whose father owned 12 lower level seats since 1967, paid him $4,000 so I could have Day 1 seniority and pick the precise seats I wanted without anyone blocking me out.

In 2009 I was on the phone with a Jets ticket representative and paid $16,000 for 4 PSL seats in Row 1 of the Mezzanine.  Finally, I had legitimate seats in my own name for my family to own for generations.  No more waiting, no more scalping.

Don't talk to me about dedication, don't talk to me about 'losing money', don't talk to me about paying my dues.  I deserve my seats and it's finally me in control, deciding which games I will or will not attend.  People like you are disgusting, talking down to other Jets fans like this as if your freeloading days during the cheap ticket era give you some lifetime pass for loyalty.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Completely incorrect.

More Jets fans than ever before in a stadium that we own.  And you complain.  Because it doesn't look like a pirate ship.  Unreal.

SAR I

diehards that sell to opposing fans b/.c they got ripped off for PSLs and are trying to get some of that money back.

I only complain about how ugly it is.  

I was on the waiting list from 1988 to 2001.  Would go to Giants Stadium parking lot and try to scalp tickets I could afford.  Half the time there were no seats so I went home on the bus to Port Authority and missed the game completely in the process.

In 2000 I discovered eBay, found a retiring guy selling his Row 1 Mezzanine season tickets.  Paid him $10,000 for a postcard so I could transfer the 3 seats to my name.  I lived in New Hampshire, drove 10 hours round trip in ice and snow 5x a year, staying in crappy hotels in Secaucus to see the Jets lose countless games.

In 2008 the Jets announced the details of the PSL process.  Would be done by seniority.  I found a fan on JI whose father owned 12 lower level seats since 1967, paid him $4,000 so I could have Day 1 seniority and pick the precise seats I wanted without anyone blocking me out.

In 2009 I was on the phone with a Jets ticket representative and paid $16,000 for 4 PSL seats in Row 1 of the Mezzanine.  Finally, I had legitimate seats in my own name for my family to own for generations.  No more waiting, no more scalping.

Don't talk to me about dedication, don't talk to me about 'losing money', don't talk to me about paying my dues.  I deserve my seats and it's finally me in control, deciding which games I will or will not attend.  People like you are disgusting, talking down to other Jets fans like this.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

SAR I

so I have been to many more games than you and I never once sold to an opposing fan.  I never missed a game. you are either all in or you are not, doesn't sound like you are all in.

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

good luck selling at a nice profit.  you are bashing people for not attending yet you won't be attending Sat Night.

I bash no one.  I defend myself and other PSL owners from condescending posters who think they have a lifetime pass on "loyalty" when they quit on the team and don't show up.

I won't attend Saturday night because of my son, who I am very proud of, getting a start as a varsity goaltender for his defending Bergen County championship team.  He's only a sophomore.  He's only been on skates for 14 months.

Going to every game is not some badge of honor.  Writing a check for $5,000 each April, is.

SAR I

Don't talk to me about dedication, don't talk to me about 'losing money', don't talk to me about paying my dues.  I deserve my seats and it's finally me in control, deciding which games I will or will not attend.  People like you are disgusting, talking down to other Jets fans like this as if your freeloading days during the cheap ticket era give you some lifetime pass for loyalty.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Spending money to buy your way in isn't being dedicated. Those of us who waited every year for the post card and watched our number come up are far more dedicated then you will ever be. 

You thinking buying your way through life is ok should be the one who is ashamed of themselves. 

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

You sir deserve a medal.

I was a season ticket holder from the mid-70s to the late 90s. I was there for Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet and the abortion that was Rich Kotite. 

Season ticket holders of recent vintage are pikers. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you mad that fans can get the same seats you have cheaper and with perks that you don't get. 

joewilly12 

Are you mad that I am wearing an $18,000 watch to work today?  Or are you comfortable enough in your own skin to not be impacted if others have it better than you?

SAR I

I bash no one.  I defend myself and other PSL owners from condescending posters who think they have a lifetime pass on "loyalty" when they quit on the team and don't show up.

I won't attend Saturday night because of my son, who I am very proud of, getting a start as a varsity goaltender for his defending Bergen County championship team.  He's only a sophomore.  He's only been on skates for 14 months.

Going to every game is not some badge of honor.  Writing a check for $5,000 each April, is.

SAR I

I like you, you are good for the board but yo are bashing people.  calling someone who went to 250 straight games a quitter(and a bunch of road games too) and bashing them as fans.  

no, going to every game separates the fans, the money they make on tickets is pocket change for woody. he spits on your $5,000

congrats and good luck to your son but don't bash other fans for missing games when you miss a ton.

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I  scalped for about 3 years while on the waiting list. I am considering buying PSL's and getting back in it again, 

Great idea.

Why don't you wait until we draft our franchise quarterback and go 14-2?  This way, when you get your PSL's, you can tell everyone how loyal a fan you are.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Are you mad that I am wearing an $18,000 watch to work today?  Or are you comfortable enough in your own skin to not be impacted if others have it better than you?

SAR I

Do I care?  Why do you feel the need to brag all the time? What are you hiding? Material things don't make a person if you act at work like you do here I feel sorry for your co-workers and am surprised you still have a job. 

This discussion has taken its toll on you its quite evident. 

joewilly12 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I you are a good guy and we agree to disagree,but saying got rid of your type isn't right you dont know him how can you judge him not cool dude. 

If I didn't know you were actually being serious I'd tell you just how funny your sarcastic post is.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I was a season ticket holder from the mid-70s to the late 90s. I was there for Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet and the abortion that was Rich Kotite. 

Season ticket holders of recent vintage are pikers. 

Max is missing a huge advertising opportunity here.  This place should be loaded up with mental health and pharmaceutical ads.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sales are off or the Jets wouldnt be having a fire sale on tickets New Years day there are many empty seats and unsold PSL's that the Jets have probably sold to ticket brokers throughout the season who in turn sold them to opposing teams fans.

The Jets always have around 5% of the tickets in the stadium, or 4,125 seats, for sale.  The reason this one is jumping out at you is because we suck and the Jets can't sell them quietly, they have to advertise.

More people are paying money every year to get Jets tickets.  That is an indisputable fact.  Your take on fan behavior and financing is immaterial because you are Couchlisted, you aren't welcome at MetLife, you only get to go if someone like me sells my seats and lets you in.  Enjoy.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

The Jets always have around 5% of the tickets in the stadium, or 4,125 seats, for sale.  The reason this one is jumping out at you is because we suck and the Jets can't sell them quietly, they have to advertise.

More people are paying money every year to get Jets tickets.  That is an indisputable fact.  Your take on fan behavior and financing is immaterial because you are Couchlisted, you aren't welcome at MetLife, you only get to go if someone like me sells my seats and lets you in.  Enjoy.

SAR I

SAR I please STOP spewing nonsense. 

I can call the Jets right now and get prime seats with PSL's no wait required. 

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yes, the place is thriving thriving w/ empty seats and opposing fans while STH's like you don;t show and sell to opposing fans.

Season ticket holders don't sell to opposing fans, friend.

Season ticket holders put their seats up for sale on Stubhub well below face value and fans like YOU don't buy them.  That's how opposing fans get in.

All the problems you perceive in the stadium, from not enough cheering, to not enough chanting, to too many enemy fans in attendance, that's all on YOU.  What's missing in the stadium is YOU.  Tickets have never been this cheap before.  So show up or shut up.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Season ticket holders don't sell to opposing fans, friend.

Season ticket holders put their seats up for sale on Stubhub well below face value and fans like YOU don't buy them.  That's how opposing fans get in.

All the problems you perceive in the stadium, from not enough cheering, to not enough chanting, to too many enemy fans in attendance, that's all on YOU.  What's missing in the stadium is YOU.  Tickets have never been this cheap before.  So show up or shut up.

SAR I

You expect him to show up when they can't even bother to have the team name in the end zone? What kind of monster are you?

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so I have been to many more games than you and I never once sold to an opposing fan.  I never missed a game. you are either all in or you are not, doesn't sound like you are all in.

And who said your values are correct?

And you didn't sell your tickets because back in the day they were $18 a seat and there was no internet to sell them on, so don't give me this line about how oh-so loyal you were. When I was in my 20's and could get tickets, I didn't miss a game either. 

Again, you don't get some lifetime pass for loyalty when tickets were cheap and you were a youngster.  It's 2016.  What are you doing now?  Are you writing a check to the Jets for $5,000 in April? 

Thought so.  Keep quiet.  Let the grown ups enjoy their stadium.  Thanks.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Spending money to buy your way in isn't being dedicated. Those of us who waited every year for the post card and watched our number come up are far more dedicated then you will ever be. 

You thinking buying your way through life is ok should be the one who is ashamed of themselves.

Those who go to games and spend big money are the most loyal fans there are.  Spending $5 on facepaint and spending $5,000 on tickets are two entirely different things, friend.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I like you, you are good for the board but yo are bashing people.  calling someone who went to 250 straight games a quitter(and a bunch of road games too) and bashing them as fans. 

Sorry, but you're wrong.  Sequencing matters.  jw12 starts bashing PSL owners for being idiots and takes pleasure in watching season ticket money burn during bad seasons like this, I'll defend myself where appropriate, thanks.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do I care?  Why do you feel the need to brag all the time? What are you hiding? Material things don't make a person if you act at work like you do here I feel sorry for your co-workers and am surprised you still have a job. 

This discussion has taken its toll on you its quite evident.

The PSL conversation, which you dredge up again and again, is all about money.

If it's okay for you to brag about how much you can't afford, well, it's okay for me to brag about how much I can.  Stop throwing your poverty in my face, I'll stop throwing my wealth in yours.

SAR I

Archived