So Bowles is walking out Sheldon and Wilk as captains?

Pointdexter

I didn't know that.  The question is why did TB do this?  Did these guys show anything to warrant it? I doubt it and as another poster posted that maybe it was his way to motivate them...

Frankly, TB is clueless HC. Like him, his team has regressed and I said over six weeks ago that I lost faith in his ability and his CS ability to turn the season around.  Unfortunately, they have proven me correct.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

the receivers are very good.  but i just want to point out for the umpteenth time that they could have the second coming of joe willie as qb and they still would have a bad record.  this team didn't get its record because fitz was qb.  it got it because the defensive secondary can't stop a nosebleed and oline just hasn't been very good.  not mention the two large malcontents that are wilk and sheldon.

i can understand bowles making sheldon and wilk captains for the game.  he is doing his level best to moivate these guys since if they play as well as they can the jets will win.  obviously the ploy didn't work.  sheldon is acting like he's from st louis and wilk is still feeling sorry for himself that he's not being paid enough.  now maybe this didn't work but not working also tells bowles who he wants in the locker room.  it would be great for the jets to trade both of these guys.

I really do not care how many times you say it.  I know the secondary has not played well this year, but that was a surprise.  I still believe that the Jets win a few more games with better QB play.   

52 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

I really do not care how many times you say it.  I know the secondary has not played well this year, but that was a surprise.  I still believe that the Jets win a few more games with better QB play.   

They could win a few more games and they would still have a bad record. So, you are both right :-)

1 hour ago, peebag said:

This.

The Jets aren't going to be competitive for a few years.

The Jets become competitive the very minute they get better than average QB play. That's it. There's no rebuild plan that sets rules around how long rebuilds take. You are rebuilding until you aren't, and 99 times out of 100 the moment you aren't is directly tied to the QB. 

Pretty cut and dry.

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Jets become competitive the very minute they get better than average QB play. That's it. There's no rebuild plan that sets rules around how long rebuilds take. You are rebuilding until you aren't, and 99 times out of 100 the moment you aren't is directly tied to the QB. 

Pretty cut and dry.

Partly....but no team is competitive w/o good OL, LB, and secondary play. 

Sorry - it's going to take awhile to turn this sucka out.

Sorry Larz, but I make my captains based on the guys that is going to have a positive impact to motivate the rest of the team, because they lead by example and inspire, not as some ridiculous idea of motivating the two slack asses who you're walking out there. 

Captains are your leaders. The guys who set the tone and example for everyone else to follow. It's an honor bestowed on your most deserving players. Instead TB names the two guys with the biggest piss poor attitudes.  The two guys that are the last 2 representatives who you would want the troops to emulate. 

The fact that TB put those two clowns as team captains shows me he doesn't have a clue how to run a team.

3 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Sorry Larz, but I make my captains based on the guys that is going to have a positive impact to motivate the rest of the team, because they lead by example and inspire, not as some ridiculous idea of motivating the two slack asses who you're walking out there. 

Captains are your leaders. The guys who set the tone and example for everyone else to follow. It's an honor bestowed on your most deserving players. Instead TB names the two guys with the biggest piss poor attitudes.  The two guys that are the last 2 representatives who you would want the troops to emulate. 

The fact that TB put those two clowns as team captains shows me he doesn't have a clue how to run a team.

he proved that when sheldumb told everyone "you will never see my name in the paper again" about 3 hours before we did and bowles let it slide

its obvious the pitchforks are out now and if he stopped to let an old lady cross the street jets fans would scream at him for slowing traffic, lol

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

he proved that when sheldumb told everyone "you will never see my name in the paper again" about 3 hours before we did and bowles let it slide

its obvious the pitchforks are out now and if he stopped to let an old lady cross the street jets fans would scream at him for slowing traffic, lol

Agree about the pitchforks. But I actually still supported TB until hearing of this. In my opinion he's gone beyond merely failing to punish poor behavior and attitude, he's now rewarding it.

For this reason, it's time. Just a horrible msg to send to those two players and the rest of the team. 

This has the feel of Rex naming Holmes captain, hoping the extra responsibility would make them more accountable to the team and thus become leaders......hopefully this works out better than the Holmes experiment, but I doubt it will

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Its a tired ineffective management tactic. A staple of mangers in government agencies that is an insult to those who do their job without any special attention or treatment.

Name the loafer employee of the month, give them a better parking space and shame them into giving more effort.

This HC is a joke.

it proves he has no sense of management and should be fired-you reward positive performance you punish poor performance
-oh wait coach has shown he is clueless lets give him a raise and an extension as that is what you do in the bizzarro world that this guy lives in

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Partly....but no team is competitive w/o good OL, LB, and secondary play. 

Sorry - it's going to take awhile to turn this sucka out.

Ben Rothlesberger has proven that wrong most of the time he's been in Pittsburgh. His OL this year is probably the best he's had, at least in the past 5 years. Secondary is trash almost always since Polamalu retired, and in part during his time. LBers used to be great, now they are meh... they are still competitive.

Those things are nice-to-haves, and there is validity to your point.... but QBs are must-haves.

Archived