Mangold can't stay

Jetster

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Trust me, that QB would want a Center thats can stay on the field and isn't 56 years old. 

we just went through this.  creating cap space to sign other teams cast offs gets you nowhere.  all you get are guys coming off of injuries, drug busts, or guys on their 3rd contract LIKE MANGOLD

its the fools dream that you can cut a bunch of guys signed to a deal from the market 4 years ago, sign a bunch of guys from this market with the cap going up and be better, because every year the price goes up, so you wind up getting less in return 

wouldn't a numbers guy get that ?

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It wasn't because he was Fitz's friend.  He felt Fitz was a good QB....which is better for him (hence Selfish) - He's not being paid to make Personnel decisions.

I will add, even if he didn't believe Fitz was any good but held out for him because he wanted his friend to get paid - that is still Selfish...Doing something outside of the scope of his role as WR, to force the hand of the organization to pay YOUR friend is still selfish.

The key question is why did management seem to care what the veterans thought?

I never understood that.  This isn't some dam commune.  You do what you are told or you get fired or benched!!

The idea that theses guys were making personnel decisions and that is why we kept Fitz should be laughable. Unfortunately it seems to have some merit and why Management lost big time points IMO in not addressing it head on during the off season. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The key question is why did management seem to care what the veterans thought?

I never understood that.  This isn't some dam commune.  You do what you are told or you get fired or benched!!

The idea that theses guys were making personnel decisions and that is why we kept Fitz should be laughable. Unfortunately it seems to have some merit and why Management lost big time points IMO in not addressing it head on during the off season. 

I got the sense and it's only my sense - That Bowles wanted Fitz, naming him the starter when he wasn't under contract (as he thought they had a chance to make a legitimate run) and the media and most fans all loved Fitz...I also got the feeling that Mac was luke warm on him...which is why the hold out lasted so long - Ultimately Mac folded because there was simply too much pressure...

Just imagine what would have happened to Mac had he NOT signed Fitz and they played like this all year.  He would be crucified - Most of the fans and media that are after him for paying Fitz would now be calling for his head for not signing him.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

we just went through this.  creating cap space to sign other teams cast offs gets you nowhere.  all you get are guys coming off of injuries, drug busts, or guys on their 3rd contract LIKE MANGOLD

its the fools dream that you can cut a bunch of guys signed to a deal from the market 4 years ago, sign a bunch of guys from this market with the cap going up and be better, because every year the price goes up, so you wind up getting less in return 

wouldn't a numbers guy get that ?

You're telling me if we picked up Josh Norman, we would've been the same? Eric Weddle? Alex Mack? Mitchell Schwartz? You're telling me anyone we sign in the FA would be older than Mangold or not as good? For $9 mil, we can sign any one of about 95% of the FA players. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I got the sense and it's only my sense - That Bowles wanted Fitz, naming him the starter when he wasn't under contract (as he thought they had a chance to make a legitimate run) and the media and most fans all loved Fitz...I also got the feeling that Mac was luke warm on him...which is why the hold out lasted so long - Ultimately Mac folded because there was simply too much pressure...

Just imagine what would have happened to Mac had he NOT signed Fitz and they played like this all year.  He would be crucified - Most of the fans and media that are after him for paying Fitz would now be calling for his head for not signing him.

So who takes the blame for Fitzpatrick and the horrific entire season. 

Does Woody Johnson hand out hall passes and let bygones be bygones. 

Woody Johnson wants winning results not excuses the fans and media are all over this, 

Is Macc to blame is Macc the answer?  Is Bowles to blame is Bowles the answer?  

As tired as most are of the pressers I'm sure Woody is more pissed he has the most vested interest in all this. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So who takes the blame for Fitzpatrick and the horrific entire season. 

Does Woody Johnson hand out hall passes and let bygones be bygones. 

Woody Johnson wants winning results not excuses the fans and media are all over this, 

Is Macc to blame is Macc the answer?  Is Bowles to blame is Bowles the answer?  

As tired as most are of the pressers I'm sure Woody is more pissed he has the most vested interest in all this. 

It's an entire cluster-F...

Head Coach clearly has no respect from his players and seems to make poor in-game decisions, Mac currently has the team with less talent than when he started, the players have mostly quit, and Woody Johnson is still making decisions based upon the press and fan base.

Lastly, the impatient fan base doesn't give this team, its players and coaches a chance to properly rebuild.  A PR focused owner combined with an impatient fan base is a recipe for disaster....

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's an entire cluster-F...

Head Coach clearly has no respect from his players and seems to make poor in-game decisions, Mac currently has the team with less talent than when he started, the players have mostly quit, and Woody Johnson is still making decisions based upon the press and fan base.

Lastly, the impatient fan base doesn't give this team, its players and coaches a chance to properly rebuild.  A PR focused owner combined with an impatient fan base is a recipe for disaster....

Talent wise this team has regressed in the last 2 years and many players not playing up to expectations. 

Anyone who rode the yippee yahoo train last season was rudely mistaken while we were beating up on bottom feeder NFL teams. 

We have major issues on all sides of the ball and all departments in the coaching staff. 

A quick fix isn't happening unless there are drastic changes. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Talent wise this team has regressed in the last 2 years and many players not playing up to expectations. 

Anyone who rode the yippee yahoo train last season was rudely mistaken while we were beating up on bottom feeder NFL teams. 

We have major issues on all sides of the ball and all departments in the coaching staff. 

A quick fix isn't happening unless there are drastic changes. 

Unfortunately what's required is a Cleveland Browns style rebuild.  Gotta start all over, cut all the old vets and go with a youth while...First thing is to rebuild the o-line and in 3 year you might be ready for a wildcard run.  This also gives you 3 years to find a starting QB...

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Unfortunately what's required is a Cleveland Browns style rebuild.  Gotta start all over, cut all the old vets and go with a youth while...First thing is to rebuild the o-line and in 3 year you might be ready for a wildcard run.  This also gives you 3 years to find a starting QB...

The Browns have 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft the Jets couldn't get another first round pick if they traded the stadium. 

We have many issues and glaring needs that aren't going to be easy to fix. 

I've been patient for 47 years my patience is wearing thin and so is others. 

Hope for the best prepare for the worst. 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

Mangold had a very good career but we would have been waaaay better off keeping Abraham and going with Jonathan Goodwin or keeping Mawae for a couple more years at a paycut

Thanks Mangini!

We havent had a legitimate pass rusher since JAbe left. FACT

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Assuming you are correct. And you may be. And for the record, I do not want Bowles fired.

Then.....

Bowles is an idiot regarding QBs.  

How anyone could potentially rest their entire HC career in the hands of a man who has been historically mediocre at best is beyond outrageous.   

27 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Mangold had a very good career but we would have been waaaay better off keeping Abraham and going with Jonathan Goodwin or keeping Mawae for a couple more years at a paycut

Thanks Mangini!

That's not how it happened. They didn't trade Abe for Mangold it just worked out that way. Abraham might have been a good player but he was soft and unreliable. The Jets got many elite years from a great player out of that trade. 

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Why do you get a negative rep for every post you make from the Rex n Effect dude?

Lets just say he's an angry troubled person with a negative attitude to be nice. 

He gives me negative reps on every post I make and I repay the favor. 

He's in the negative in the red for a reason. 

I do onto others what they do to me. 

Hopefully he can be saved at some point in time otherwise he's headed for disaster. 

Very sad he must have behind the scenes issues he's hiding. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lets just say he's an angry troubled person with a negative attitude to be nice. 

He gives me negative reps on every post I make and I repay the favor. 

He's in the negative in the red for a reason. 

I do onto others what they do to me. 

Hopefully he can be saved at some point in time otherwise he's headed for disaster. 

Very sad he must have behind the scenes issues he's hiding. 

We missed you brother, this place just isn't the same without you, glad your back, stay out of trouble.

Seeing as the Jets ain't winning sh*t next year or probably anytime soon Mangold can stay as long as he wants. He should retire a Jet when he's ready. I personally don't give a **** about his salary and even his skillset anymore.  Dude has been the only source of pride I've had as a Jets fan for over 10 years. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Seeing as the Jets ain't winning sh*t next year or probably anytime soon Mangold can stay as long as he wants. He should retire a Jet when he's ready. I personally don't give a **** about his salary and even his skillset anymore.  Dude has been the only source of pride I've had as a Jets fan for over 10 years. 

If you really cared you would want him to go and win a Super Bowl with a competent franchise. You so selfish. 

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He's the only Jet I've consistently liked post 2000. 

Warfish and I actually watched a half dozen games with his grandmother and Aunt at the sports bar near my house his first couple seasons. "She ask me what I thought about thatMangold guy."  Then said," Im his grandmother" Not even kidding. 

Close to the last time I saw her she had a silly game worm autograph jersey he gave her for christmas

Just now, The Crusher said:

Warfish and I actually watched a half dozen games with his grandmother and Aunt at the sports bar near my house his first couple seasons. "She ask me what I thought about thatMangold guy."  Then said," Im his grandmother" Not even kidding. 

Was she hot?

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Mangold has been a great Jet, I would keep him as long as his salary aligns to his performance, agree the Jets can't pay him to be injured but we have to show respect

He deserves better than what's going to happen to the Jets next year.

19 hours ago, Pac said:

How awesome is it that Fitzy's biggest cheerleaders - Mangold, Decker, and Marshall, are all on the chopping block.

a few of us tried to warn you but noooo...  you wanted the conquering hero.  Well how's that taste?

LOL with a defense like this hard to conquer a pee wee team. 

13 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not how it happened. They didn't trade Abe for Mangold it just worked out that way. Abraham might have been a good player but he was soft and unreliable. The Jets got many elite years from a great player out of that trade. 

It was a bad move.  Abraham was maybe the best edge rusher this organization has ever seen and we have never even come close to replacing 

Mangold was good but can easily be replaced and will be this offseason

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We havent had a legitimate pass rusher since JAbe left. FACT

The ripple effects are still there.

Gholston, giving Mo Wilk that ridiculous contract, the fact that our DB's constantly get burned because the opposing QB has all day to throw

Archived