Steve Smith retires

shawn306

Greatest Carolina Panther IMO.   LIving here is different from NY. The players are in restaurants, coach little league etc. 

Greg Olsen is at my kids high school football games where former center Frank Garcia is a coach. Steve Smith still lives here and was on line at Target  last week with his wife. Thomas Davis son plays with my GFs sons football team etc.

I say this only to say he is still beloved in this town and when he gets in the HOF, it will be packed with Carolina fans.

He is special to this city. 

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Imagine his numbers if he didn't spend a lot of his career with a bunch of bums at QB.

Funny.... but an undrafted QB like Jake Delhomme is sadly better than any QB we have had.  

For about a 5 year period, Jake was a solid, above average QB.   FLacco won a SB. 

SO.....  yes, if he played for NE, he might have faired better. 

But he could have done worse. 

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Funny.... but an undrafted QB like Jake Delhomme is sadly better than any QB we have had.  

For about a 5 year period, Jake was a solid, above average QB.   FLacco won a SB. 

Delhomme was okay, but more backup material.  I also think Smith made him look better than he was.

If I'm remembering correctly, Delhomme didn't have the arm to get the ball down the field to Smith.  When Cam came into town, that changed.

4 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Delhomme was okay, but more backup material.  I also think Smith made him look better than he was.

If I'm remembering correctly, Delhomme didn't have the arm to get the ball down the field to Smith.  When Cam came into town, that changed.

Well... we remember it different.  delhomme was never a top 10 but he was solid and threw the ball around.

i live here and can tell you that this city thought well of him.  If the JETS had Delhomme, they would have been a better team.

But... he was a bit better than back up material as evidenced by his starting for the team for 5 years with a SB appearance and several playoff runs. 

24 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Imagine his numbers if he didn't spend a lot of his career with a bunch of bums at QB.

No thanks, Mehta. I'd rather deal with the known impact of his career, rather than the hypotheticals.

22 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Delhomme was a SB winner, without cheating.

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Well... we remember it different.  delhomme was never a top 10 but he was solid and threw the ball around.

i live here and can tell you that this city thought well of him.  If the JETS had Delhomme, they would have been a better team.

But... he was a bit better than back up material as evidenced by his starting for the team for 5 years with a SB appearance and several playoff runs. 

Another QB who benefit from NFL Europe, the NFL needs the development league.  

9 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

My name isn't Mehta.

It isn't Detective Kimble either.

Until proven otherwise, you are my favorite guess for a beat writer putzing around JN for topics to take and turn into troll bait on twitter. No offense, just means I think you've got motives beyond just having conversations... at times. 

Consider it a compliment, Mehta.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It isn't Detective Kimble either.

Until proven otherwise, you are my favorite guess for a beat writer putzing around JN for topics to take and turn into troll bait on twitter. No offense, just means I think you've got motives beyond just having conversations... at times. 

Consider it a compliment, Mehta.

Proof?

And child please,  your guess is way off.

Archived