Tyrod Taylor Thoughts ...

KRL

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thadude said:

Last two seasons Taylor statistically has been very good

Fitz had a fluke 30 td season because he had the best WR duo in the NFL.  Taylor had scrubs last season give him Marshall, Enunwa, Anderson he throws 30tds

You just don't know what your talking about

So 18 and 20 tds are good stats?   

And I am the one that does not know what he is talking about?    Oh that's right, weapons.   He would be better if he had weapons!!

just because he does not turn it over does not make him good.  

1 hour ago, mkajet01 said:

Why would jets want tyrod Taylor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Because he'd be by far our best Qb since 1998 Vinny

But I need Joe Jets Fan to tell me Taylor is supposed to be throwing 45tds per year with marquise Goodwin as his top wideout

As good as Taylor seems, what's his ceiling?  Is there any way he is winning playoff games and competing like the QBs we've seen today?  No F'n way.  He is good enough to keep your team competitive but never seriously challenge.  So if our goal is to maybe defeat the Pats once late in the season to cost them home field advantage while we sit home and watch the playoffs year after year, then this is a great move.

If we want to compete in 2018 and beyond, we need to REALLY start our rebuild.  Everyone calling a team that is one of the oldest teams in the league and losing 12 games, a "competitive rebuild" is delusional.  The league has changed.  You need a franchise QB and if you don't have one, you have no chance.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 21, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Joe Jets fan said:

Since you quoted me from a few weeks ago I should answer.  

My angst at the idea of TT is that he ducks, not his skin color. I was trying to figure out why anyone would be pushing to get him since he sucks.   

Then there was no reason to bring his ethnicity into the conversation to cover for the fact that you have no real basis to disqualify him other than guilt by association...after all, Geno is a black quarterback and we know how that turned out...Rick Mirer was a white quarterback yet you would never suggest or imply we stay away from other white quarterbacks because he sucked...so there is no need to do it for black quarterbacks either.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:23 PM, Maxman said:

He is 27, has only started two years and runs for 500 yards a year while only throwing 6 TDs.

So we should sign him as our new Running Back for our super awesome new college-style option system?

If your QB has to run that much, you suck at passing.  And QB's exist to pass, not to run.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So we should sign him as our new Running Back for our super awesome new college-style option system?

If your QB has to run that much, you suck at passing.  And QB's exist to pass, not to run.

If the Seahawks called a QB sneak they would have won back to back Super Bowls. I am sure they hate how much Russell Wilson sucks at passing.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

If the Seahawks called a QB sneak they would have won back to back Super Bowls. I am sure they hate how much Russell Wilson sucks at passing.

Implying it was Russell Wilson's passing skills, not the Seahawks Defense or Marshall Lynch, that put them in those game-winning-possibility positions, amirite?:lol:

Remind me, didn't Russell Wilson lose a Super Bowl on the last play because of his passing?

Its how many points the QB puts up per game, not how many TD passes he throws.  Who cares if he sets up running TDs to McCoy after his passing sets up scoring opportunities?  If he passes for 10 fewer TDs than another QB but sets up 20 extra TDs in total, hes not effective?  

3 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

I'm all in with this guy if its a short term deal worth no more than Fitz's deal. Like a 2 year 24 million dollar thing. But the thing is we will never get him that cheap so this whole thread is a moot point. Anymore he is really not worth the risk imo. 

If the jets signed him there would be an early team option after the first or second year just like his current deal in Buffalo

That would be essentially a short term deal

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Implying it was Russell Wilson's passing skills, not the Seahawks Defense or Marshall Lynch, that put them in those game-winning-possibility positions, amirite?:lol:

Remind me, didn't Russell Wilson lose a Super Bowl on the last play because of his passing?

Lemme guess you want to compare Wilson to Geno now?

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes. Which is why the Seahawks wish they had run. Had they done that they would have won back to back Super Bowls with a running QB. Thanks for making my point for me.

If the jets signed him there would be an early team option after the first or second year just like his current deal in Buffalo

That would be essentially a short term deal

I still think it's a big risk signing this guy to more than 12 million/year. That money can be used elsewhere to build around the QBs we have or will have in the draft. Adding Tyrod Taylor isen't going to solve this mess. Unless he magically becomes top 5 QB talent he will not net us more than 8-9 wins at most. This team is terrible no matter if its Bryce Petty or Tyrod Taylor starting the O line is a mess. We have good receivers but no tight end which is becoming a pretty important position in the passing game recently.

If we are going to rebuild this offensive line this year it won't be solved solely through this draft. We need to sign guys and having 20+ million in cap space reserved for a MAYBE above average QB dosent make any sense. Rather build this team around the QB that we draft and groom.

Also this team really dosen't have a solid rushing attack. Who knows what we'll get from Forté this year. Powell seems promising but he isen't starting calibur. This team needs a 1500 yard rusher.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes. Which is why the Seahawks wish they had run. Had they done that they would have won back to back Super Bowls with a running QB. Thanks for making my point for me.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Odds would have been far better running an actual running back, than running a QB, but yeah..

Best of luck in your quest my friend.  Maybe start a thread when Tyrod is actually released?  Till then, public mental masturbation is a bit icky. 

6 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

I still think it's a big risk signing this guy to more than 12 million/year. That money can be used elsewhere to build around the QBs we have or will have in the draft. Adding Tyrod Taylor isen't going to solve this mess. Unless he magically becomes top 5 QB talent he will not net us more than 8-9 wins at most. This team is terrible no matter if its Bryce Petty or Tyrod Taylor starting the O line is a mess. We have good receivers but no tight end which is becoming a pretty important position in the passing game recently.

If we are going to rebuild this offensive line this year it won't be solved solely through this draft. We need to sign guys and having 20+ million in cap space reserved for a MAYBE above average QB dosent make any sense. Rather build this team around the QB that we draft and groom.

Also this team really dosen't have a solid rushing attack. Who knows what we'll get from Forté this year. Powell seems promising but he isen't starting calibur. This team needs a 1500 yard rusher.

The Qb's we currently have are horrible.  You can spend all the money you want they still blow

The Qb's we currently have are horrible.  You can spend all the money you want they still blow

We haven't seen a single play from Hackenberg and Petty showed poise and growed this year. Whenever he had time to throw he made either a good play or a safe play and threw the ball away. But he never had time to throw, never could show his strength which is the deep ball because plays downfield took too long to develop with this hackjob offensive line. He shows growth and promise.

Way way waaaay to early to give up on either of these QBs.

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Odds would have been far better running an actual running back, than running a QB, but yeah..

Best of luck in your quest my friend.  Maybe start a thread when Tyrod is actually released?  Till then, public mental masturbation is a bit icky

You are the one that responded to a post of mine that was weeks old. That statement is HYSTERICAL coming from you.

5 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

We haven't seen a single play from Hackenberg and Petty showed poise and growed this year. Whenever he had time to throw he made either a good play or a safe play and threw the ball away. But he never had time to throw, never could show his strength which is the deep ball because plays downfield took too long to develop with this hackjob offensive line. He shows growth and promise.

Petty's injury history is a HUGE concern. He got hurt in preseason, took a long time to come back. Got hurt multiple times during the season in limited action. That is a concern.

Hack -- totally agree. We can't judge him at all. We didn't see him. He will get a ton of action in OTAs though, especially because Petty is going to be sidelined.

15 hours ago, HessStation said:

Weird I couldn't. It was really odd for me. I didn't like the feel. Prefer just using google and reg web on my iPhone. Wonder if I'm only one. 

The app felt alien to me and not easy to use. I dunno 

I really can't, I was only kidding. I was just using that as an excuse to neg rep you lol.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Petty's injury history is a HUGE concern. He got hurt in preseason, took a long time to come back. Got hurt multiple times during the season in limited action. That is a concern.

Primarily due to OLine.  Fix that and let's see what he does.

46 minutes ago, peebag said:

Primarily due to OLine.  Fix that and let's see what he does.

He got hurt on a routine hit in the preseason. All I am saying is it it a concern. QBs are going to get hit. We won't find Brett Favre durability but you can't build around a guy who misses time with 3 injuries a season.

Just now, Maxman said:

He got hurt on a routine hit in the preseason. All I am saying is it it a concern. QBs are going to get hit. We won't find Brett Favre durability but you can't build around a guy who misses time with 3 injuries a season.

No, he got hit because Brandon Shell whiffed on two guys coming through - dude got plastered.  

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

No, he got hit because Brandon Shell whiffed on two guys coming through - dude got plastered.  

Well if you are going to actually remember the play and use facts, then I guess I am done here lol. I don't remember the actual play. I know it was a TD I believe. Will take your word for it on the big hit part. :)  I am concerned though about Petty. I am not ruling him out. I just didn't see anything from him that says he is definitely the guy. His being limited this offseason is going to set him back as well. I don't see him being in the mix for the starting job.

7 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Hack is terrible and Petty is a JAG

I don't care if you think we need to waste another 20 years to figure that out

50 minutes ago, peebag said:

No that's not what happened Wesley Johnson forgot the snap count 

Petty did not look good at all last year.  Was it refreshing to see him throw after watching Fitzgarbage throw Girl Scout passes for two seasons?  Sure but just because the guy can throw longer than 10 yards doesn't mean he's good if not for Powell going nuts in the SF game Petty never evens wins a game last year

18 minutes ago, thadude said:

Petty did not look good at all last year.  Was it refreshing to see him throw after watching Fitzgarbage throw Girl Scout passes for two seasons?  Sure but just because the guy can throw longer than 10 yards doesn't mean he's good if not for Powell going nuts in the SF game Petty never evens wins a game last year

Oh I was referring to Petty getting hit in the preseason. The last hit, that was a big one. And that definitely was not on Shell. You are correct. Johnson snapped the ball early. Neither tackle moved. Because they didn't know the ball was being snapped.

57 minutes ago, thadude said:

In the preseason game against the Eagles, Brandon Shell whiffed and Petty got plowed and injured

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/jets_eagles_christian_hackenberg_takeaways_notes_o.html

Archived