Tyrod Taylor Thoughts ...

KRL

4 minutes ago, King P said:

1) McCown was the starter most of the season, not Glennon (he played pretty well in the games he started IIRC).

2) Winston was an elite QB prospect and is on his way to being an elite QB. So that's not really an indictment on Glennon.

Just saying 

He outplayed McCown on a terrible team but the Bucs still went with McCown when healthy, an idiotic move.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, phill1c said:

It kinda IS an indictment of how good the people who coached him think of his talent.

Just saying.

Or they could have thought Winston was just that much better.

Winston being great =/= Glennon is terrible.

Just saying 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My wish list would be Cousins then Taylor, and I'd tell Glennon to f*ck off at that price tag.

However, I don't anticipate Cousins to hit the open market.  All signs point towards Taylor and of course Glennon getting there. 

You already have Cousins on the current roster...in the name Bryce Petty and/or Christian Hackenburg.

Cousins is JAG and you really don't need to throw a 3- or 4-year commitment to him. Good lord, Cousins?! He ain't never won anything and you're committing your offense to someone who aint never won anything just like you did with Fitzpatrick.

You people never learn...

1 minute ago, King P said:

Or they could have thought Winston was just that much better.

Winston being great =/= Glennon is terrible.

Just saying 

Didn't say he was terrible. But why would I want to commit to someone I know will likely never be better than the JAGs I have on the roster already?

Just saying...

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

You already have Cousins on the current roster...in the name Bryce Petty and/or Christian Hackenburg.

Cousins is JAG and you really don't need to throw a 3- or 4-year commitment to him. Good lord, Cousins?! He ain't never won anything and you're committing your offense to someone who aint never won anything just like you did with Fitzpatrick.

By every metric, Cousins has not produced at all like a JAG.  Petty and Hackenberg, meanwhile, are relatively unknown products, though they are both likely terrible (hence, also not JAG's).  So really everything in your post is wrong, including your double negative "ain't never won anything". 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My wish list would be Cousins then Taylor, and I'd tell Glennon to f*ck off at that price tag.  Cousins has put up about Top 10 QB production, by every available metric, the last 2 years, so he would definitely be the preferred choice.

However, I don't anticipate Cousins to hit the open market.  All signs point towards Taylor and of course Glennon getting there. 

I can respect the first part of your answer.

I'm confused by the second, there is every indication that both may hit the open market, or that neither will, i.e. both are 100% speculation at this phase.

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

So we can expect 65-70% comp. for ~5,000 yards and a 25-to-12 TD to INT ratio next year form one of either Petty or Hack?

Sweet, QB problem solved then.

Just now, phill1c said:

Wow, the Fitzpatrick experience has obviously taught you nothing. I'd wish you good luck but I have sunk costs already invested in the Jets. So...not feeling it.

They are two completely different players, but that's cool.

All the best.

Just now, Warfish said:

I can respect the first part of your answer.

I'm confused by the second, there is every indication that both may hit the open market, or that neither will, i.e. both are 100% speculation at this phase.

Glennon is by far the safest bet to hit the open market.  I'm not sure how that can be 100 % speculation.  The Bucs can't afford him at backup money and Winston is their unquestioned starter.

It gets murkier with Cousins and Taylor, yes, but it all comes down to what those teams can afford.  The Bills seem like they can't really afford Taylor.  The Redskins can't afford NOT to keep Cousins. 

20 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I would bring up a paraphrase of the Parcells' quote "you are what your position says you are..." and his current backup status suggests that nobody who is paid to judge thinks he can perform in the pros against elite defenses.

I mean, wow, you actually said that?! If Glennon were all that, how is it that 1) TB was in a position to draft Winston, and 2) drafted him?

The exact quote was you are what your record says you are..:)

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By every metric, Cousins has not produced at all like a JAG.  Petty and Hackenberg are unknown products.  So really everything in your post is wrong, including your double negative "ain't never won anything". 

I'm sorry, I missed Cousins leading the 'Skins to the playoffs this year...or any year for that matter. So, by that metric, he sucks. He ain't never won nothing.

Cousins is a younger Fitzpatrick. He's had opportunities and choked on them.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Glennon is by far the safest bet to hit the open market.  I'm not sure how that can be 100 % speculation.  The Bucs can't afford him at backup money and Winston is their unquestioned starter.

It gets murkier with Cousins and Taylor, yes, but it all comes down to what those teams can afford.  The Bills seem like they can't really afford Taylor.  The Redskins can't afford NOT to keep Cousins. 

I suggest you read the Washington Post article I linked a few posts back.  Might be enlightening.

42 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Didn't say he was terrible. But why would I want to commit to someone I know will likely never be better than the JAGs I have on the roster already?

Just saying...

I'm not advocating signing Glennon (esp at a hefty price). I'm just saying I think he's a solid QB and that the drafting of Winston shouldn't be held against him

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's the trouble.  Once you decide that you can win with a QB you HAVE to move quick and pay.  The contracts work like an on/off switch.  If you can win with a guy it is $15-20M even with tons of question marks.  If you can't, it is probably sub $5M. 

At least one of these guys will think he is worth a ton and most nfl teams will look at oswiler and say, nope!  I don;lt see a lot of teams actually fighting over eaither one of taylor or glennon,

26 minutes ago, King P said:

I'm not advocating signing Glennon (esp at a hefty price). I'm just saying I think he's a solid QB and that the drafting of Winston shouldn't be held against him

I'd respect your opinion more if you actually stood by it. Either he's a solid QB and worth the price of starter or he isn't. You're hedging because, apparently, even you aren't convinced. And OF COURSE the drafting of Winston should be held against him. Just like if they had not drafted Winston would be a show of appreciation of his skills.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You guys figure this one out yet?

Yes it is going to be Tyrod for as much money as he wants.

Bowles is going to announce that he is the starter tomorrow. He hasn't been cut by Buffalo yet, but Bowles is a big fan of naming starters that aren't on the roster. He thinks it keeps the current players on their toes, or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

At least one of these guys will think he is worth a ton and most nfl teams will look at oswiler and say, nope!  I don;lt see a lot of teams actually fighting over eaither one of taylor or glennon,

Remember how much Chase Daniel got?  Teams will be fighting over something.  There are a ton of teams with no QB.  Jets, Bears, Brown, Niners. Bills, Texans,  Which one of those teams is secure at QB?  Depending on how things fall, the Saints, Cardinals, Redskins, Broncos, Jags and even the Rams may be in the market.  It only takes two to create a bidding war... or in Fitzpatrick's case, one. 

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I'd respect your opinion more if you actually stood by it. Either he's a solid QB and worth the price of starter or he isn't. You're hedging because, apparently, even you aren't convinced. And OF COURSE the drafting of Winston should be held against him. Just like if they had not drafted Winston would be a show of appreciation of his skills.

I'm not hedging my bets. You can be a solid QB but still not worth the price.

I like Glennon and think he's good. Now would I give him 15 to 18 mil per year? Hell no. I like him, but I don't like him that much.

And not necessarily. Like I said, Winston is great, so it would be stupid to pass up on him just because you have Glennon. If Winston wasn't that great, they might have just stuck with Glennon or picked a QB in the later rounds

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes it is going to be Tyrod for as much money as he wants.

Bowles is going to announce that he is the starter tomorrow. He hasn't been cut by Buffalo yet, but Bowles is a big fan of naming starters that aren't on the roster. He thinks it keeps the current players on their toes, or something like that.

See? Had you sold out to Scout, you wouldn't have gotten to write that.

Not too crazy about TT. I'd rather take Glennon if we had to get another QB. I think the Jets should shore up the O-LINE and go with the youngbloods. Another year of experience for Petty and Hack. But they are probably gonna need a third QB. Experienced but not at the end of their career. Hack is still an unknown commodity. Petty may end up being fragile and injury prone.

1 hour ago, King P said:

Its not just that.  If you check the stats and the situation why he was demoted it is all bizarre.  He was a good qb for tampa.  I watched several of his games.  They made a hasty mistake demoting him thinking they were gonna get a better guy and a new coach and thwn they drafted jamieus and he really got forgotten. 

Hes going to be a solid starter next year and will be overpaid. Hes got experience and a huge upside.  If the jets dont get him i guarantee we will all be lamwnting that we squandered this opportunity 

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

See? Had you sold out to Scout, you wouldn't have gotten to write that.

No true. If I sold to Scout I could have still written that. I just don't think anyone would have ever read it, lol.

Except my new entourage of flunkies that hung out with me because in that scenario I would be rich apparently. :)

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Its not just that.  If you check the stats and the situation why he was demoted it is all bizarre.  He was a good qb for tampa.  I watched several of his games.  They made a hasty mistake demoting him thinking they were gonna get a better guy and a new coach and thwn they drafted jamieus and he really got forgotten. 

Hes going to be a solid starter next year and will be overpaid. Hes got experience and a huge upside.  If the jets dont get him i guarantee we will all be lamwnting that we squandered this opportunity 

What if he got Osweiller money though?

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

And the same folks who were saying we should keep Fitz will then say that Glennon would never have performed that  well had he been a Jet and then cite Fitz as proof.  

Time to add more facts to this debate....

Think on this.......Tyrod Taylor has 47 total TDs and only 15 total turnovers, INTs + fumbes lost.

Only 2 other QBs have a ratio of 3:1 or better over Tyrod's 2 years starting. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Dak Prescott in 1 season would be added but its only 1 season, he has 30 Total TDs and 8 total turnovers.

Tyrod is playing winning footall. :) 

Archived