Tyrod Taylor Thoughts ...

KRL

22 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Dude, Glennon is literally nicknamed 'Checkdown King'

google is your friend

Oh, well never mind what he did on the field.  I had no idea he had a google nickname.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look in all likelihood we're not getting either Glennon or Taylor.  Arizona and Denver are better teams with better management and coaching staffs (Denver has no cs which still > Bowles). Rams need a qb and are a better team plus quality of life in Cali beats NY

Just now, NoBowles said:

You started this BS, not me, I did not neg rep one of yours until you hit me for a ton of them, grow up

I negative repped you everytime you said something demeaning to me. I didn't negative rep anything that was strictly sports. now you dug your grave

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Can I just ask what Drew Brees has to do with how good Tyrod Taylor is? I am a bit confused on this one, is Drew Brees a modern QB or a gun slinger?

Taylor's height has been brought up as an issue, multiple times in this thread alone. Drew Brees is an all-time great who is even shorter. Russell Wilson shorter still. That is what he has to do with it. 

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

I negative repped you everytime you said something demeaning to me. I didn't negative rep anything that was strictly sports. now you dug your grave

I never said anything demeaning to you, you were the one making demeaning comments at me. LOL at digging my grave, what are you going to do, come kill me?

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Taylor's height has been brought up as an issue, multiple times in this thread alone. Drew Brees is an all-time great who is even shorter. Russell Wilson shorter still That is what he has to do with it. 

OK, when you put it that way, I guess Tyrod is probably the next Brees. Sign that beast!

Just now, NoBowles said:

I never said anything demeaning to you, you were the one making demeaning comments at me. LOL at digging my grave, what are you going to do, come kill me?

Yes, you got petty with me when trying to debate sports. When someone takes the context out of the topic, I neg rep. If someone is mature when arguing a topic, I don't. 

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tyrod Taylor.  8th in DVOA in 2015, 19th in DVOA in 2016.  While playing for the least QB-friendly HC in the entire NFL. 

Too bad he's a sprinter with an empty brain and stuff.

In addition to playing with very limited recievingg options.  And he's only got 2 years of starting under his belt, meaning he's likely only getting better.

Id take him over Glennon all things being equal and I wouldn't think twice. 

On 1/7/2017 at 10:29 AM, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, if this is the BEST option out there, I would rather just go a year and see what we have, and then draft another QB next year.

Petty doesn't look the part and I doubt that Hackenberg ever will. Jets have got to go FA and get a veteran QB even if they do draft another QB which I think is a must. I kinda like Brad Kaaya of the U in the third round. I think the Jets should take Leonard Fournette if he falls to six and Roderick Johnson in second round.

Just now, Mecca said:

and you'll disregard 4 separate articles. 

Again, I've watched a ton of Mike Glennon over the past couple of years.  If somebody is going to try to tell me he's a checkdown QB, there is no relevance to them at all.

I take in to account his age, experience, on-field performance, coaching and supporting cast.

Looking at all of those things, I can understand why the Bucs weren't willing to part with him for any less than a first-round pick, and why he's currently viewed as the top QB due to hit FA.

Internet nicknames don't concern me a great deal.

Look at what he did in Seattle against what some consider to be the greatest secondary in NFL history, or at least top-3, in the most difficult stadium in the NFL to play, in what was just his 5th NFL start.

Tyrod is getting Osweiler money because he actually has a track record of playing well

Everyone is laughing at the Osweiler contract.  You know what Osweiler is doing this weekend?  Playing in the second round of the nfl playoffs while geno and Fitz collect unemployment, petty plays Madden and Hack drools on himself

Taylor > Osweiler btw

So you agree on the money thing which is good. I see slot of folks thinking we can somehow get him on a cheap/easy to get out of deal. From what I'm reading it seems you're cool with making the financial commitment to him, you believe he's a SB caliber franchise QB?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

So you agree on the money thing which is good. I see slot of folks thinking we can somehow get him on a cheap/easy to get out of deal. From what I'm reading it seems you're cool with making the financial commitment to him, you believe he's a SB caliber franchise QB?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm cool with improving the team yes

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Paying a QB $12-15M per doesn't always mean you think he's a franchise QB.  That pricetag would be on the low end of NFL starters.  19 of the top 20 biggest contracts in the NFL right now are devoted to QB's (the lone non-QB is Von Miller).  To get a starting QB off the free agent market you can't pay him backup money.  Pretty simple. 

56 minutes ago, thadude said:

We get it you hate any qb who was previously on a different team unless they have a degree from Harvard, bad facial hair and can't throw

I was only fine with Fitz's signing at the time he was originally signed because he was being signed as the backup.  Of course, I guess we all knew Geno Smith would somehow manage to lose his job to a guy who had half his physical talent who was twice as old as him.....and then fail to win it back the next year.

You're quite right tho, I don't like paying 50+ million dollar multi-year contracts to guys who have only failed elsewhere.  Like Glennon.  Or Tyrod.  Or "fill in hyped up backup QB/failed draft pick here", since Jets fans LOVE failed backups elsewhere....

Funny tho, I've argued against Glennon for most of two years (thanks for keeping me entertained Villian) and not once was I accused of racism for it.

Day 1 of the Tyrod Hype Machine here at JN, and now I'm told I'm a racist for disliking shorter, first-read-only, run-first QB's who have (thus far) failed to establish themselves elsewhere, and who failed to beat our horrific Pass Defense in 2016.:rolleyes:

One wonders if all the Tyrod fans (all former Geno fans of course) would want to spend that kind of money on say, Kirk Cousins, who blows Tyrod out of the water production and winning wise.  I'd wager not.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I was only fine with Fitz's signing at the time he was originally signed because he was being signed as the backup.  Of course, I guess we all knew Geno Smith would somehow manage to lose his job to a guy who had half his physical talent who was twice as old as him.....and then fail to win it back the next year.

You're quite right tho, I don't like paying 50+ million dollar multi-year contracts to guys who have only failed elsewhere.  Like Glennon.  Or Tyrod.  Or "fill in hyped up backup QB/failed draft pick here", since Jets fans LOVE failed backups elsewhere....

Funny tho, I've argued against Glennon for most of two years (thanks for keeping me entertained Villian) and not once was I accused of racism for it.

Day 1 of the Tyrod Hype Machine here at JN, and now I'm told I'm a racist for disliking shorter, first-read-only, run-first QB's who have (thus far) failed to establish themselves elsewhere, and who failed to beat our horrific Pass Defense in 2016.:rolleyes:

Your opinion of Taylor became irrelevant the moment you labeled him Geno Smith II.  Just quit while you're behind. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Paying a QB $12-15M per doesn't always mean you think he's a franchise QB.  That pricetag would be on the low end of NFL starters.  19 of the top 20 biggest contracts in the NFL right now are devoted to QB's (the lone non-QB is Von Miller).  To get a starting QB off the free agent market you can't pay him backup money.  Pretty simple. 

To me, it really would come down to the length of the contract. I'd have no problem with a number even north of that if its a one year deal with team option for the 2nd year. What scares the hell out of me is a multi year deal for either Taylor or Glennon. The dollar amount IMO is almost irrelevant for one year if you don't have a QB, there is nothing your going to do with that money anyway that would matter. Its getting stuck in extra years with a player who doesn't pan out that is crushing, and it also prevents you from drafting QB's. I don't think either Glennon or Taylor should prevent us from drafting a good qB prospect if available.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

To me, it really would come down to the length of the contract. I'd have no problem with a number even north of that if its a one year deal with team option for the 2nd year. What scares the hell out of me is a multi year deal for either Taylor or Glennon. The dollar amount IMO is almost irrelevant for one year if you don't have a QB, there is nothing your going to do with that money anyway that would matter. Its getting stuck in extra years with a player who doesn't pan out that is crushing, and it also prevents you from drafting QB's. I don't think either Glennon or Taylor should prevent us from drafting a good qB prospect if available.

I would think a 3-year deal that either party could extricate themselves from in 2 years would be good for both sides.  Taylor is 27 and has time to prove he's worth franchise QB money, so having the ability to hit the market again/get traded soon would be smart for him and his agent.  But we don't need to be dedicating more than a couple years to a guy when our coach and GM may well get fired around him in 1-2 seasons. 

17 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Um, isn't he the backup to Winston the last "couple of years..."?

Yes, I was saying I've watched more of his games from his first two seasons in that time frame.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would think a 3-year deal that either party could extricate themselves from in 2 years would be good for both sides.  Taylor is 27 and has time to prove he's worth franchise QB money, so having the ability to hit the market again/get traded soon would be smart for him and his agent.  But we don't need to be dedicating more than a couple years to a guy when our coach and GM may well get fired around him in 1-2 seasons. 

The problem is our GM and HC are in a position where they almost have no choice but to gamble IMO. They likely have to do well this year and look like they are on the right track, or they don't get a year 4. They don't really care if they gamble and lose what happens in year 2-4, because they won't be here if they lose.

34 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yes you are going to come kill me? sh*t, I may need to get LE involved. I don't really appreciate death threats. Hopefully the site does not either.

33 minutes ago, Mecca said:

wtf this is why I neg repped you. you instigate. 

I said yes to you name calling, not death threats lol.

What the hell?  Could we try putting one another on ignore before we resort to homicide? Please.

Archived