Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Don't give me guff for holding you accountable for juvenile remarks. I've seen your work. You're better than that. Other posters, ehhh not so much. But I hold you at a higher standard than some meandering Lynch remarks that hold no weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please, don't give me too much credit. I like to play in the dirt too...especially when I see people taking shots at the qb that will end the Pats reign of cheating and super bowls. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Please, don't give me too much credit. I like to play in the dirt too...especially when I see people taking shots at the qb that will end the Pats reign of cheating and super bowls. 

When did the Bills or Dolphins draft Sam Darnold 1 selection ahead of us?

Because that's our luck

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

What about signing Glennon to allow him to develop chemisty with the young receivers while the rest of the roster is assembled?

The LG is in place, the RG is in place, in all likelihood the RT is in place.  I think they draft a center or go with Johnson, which means the center should be in place.  

They have Decker, Q, Robby, Peake  and Jalin and I"m assuming they draft a TE.  All but Decker may be here for the long term.

Why take a season or two to let them work with Hoyer or some other bridge guy who won't be around when the roster is (hopefully) re-built, and get a QB who will be around for a while, putting him together with several targets who will also be around for a several years?

Why not do that with the cheap options in house?

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

By this logic there was no need for a bridge last year then since we should have seen what Geno could do given that he was on his last year of his deal.

Jets fans can stick to cheap bridge QB's. I'd rather take a chance on a guy who could possibly end the drought. 

Anyone who supported that Fitz nonsense last year has no valid position in my opinion to say what Glennon is or isn't when it comes to elevating this team at that position. Especially when they will then go from that to considering Josh McCown. 

That's just out of control.

Except we know a Geno is terrible. We haven't seen that with Petty or Hack. Glennon is not going to end the drought. That's fools gold.

The rest of your post is garbage. Anyone can have opinions at any time. You're not going to suppress those that disagree with you. That's a joke. 

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

they also may not have traded for him because the price was much higher that reported or they just weren't that into him

I would be fine with then signing him, I just think you are better off drafting and developing a QB

We did that last year. We had Geno on the last year of his rookie deal and decided to pay a bum 12 million. 

We drafted Petty 2 seasons ago. Signing Glennon doesn't mean that we have to stop drafting QB's...but let's not act like we haven't because we have and they've either been busts or we wasted the 1st half of their career gutting the team and the 2nd half giving the team to Fitz. 

Now I doubt you would do such stupidity...but this is the Jets we're talking about here.

Look, QB's should have a 2 year window here. If you can't show something in 2 seasons in respects to being the starter then you should be cut and replaced. If Bryce Petty hasn't shown anything in two years to take this job now then cut him, sign Glennon and draft another rookie. If Glennon is good great, if he isn't then hopefully Hack has shown something the past two seasons to earn the job. If he hasn't then cut him and draft a qb. 

This is how the jets should do it. Stop with these cheap trash QB's that we know are trash and stop putting QB's out there that aren't ready. We've done both of these and it has never worked. 

If we need to develop QB's then we Atleast need one that is competitive and worth watching. QB's get a two year window 1 year apart from one another so you can cut bait when you need while still keeping a qb on the roster that is familiar with the system though is still learning.

Again, signing Glennon doesn't mean we stop developing Hack or any other qb...but it sure as hell means that signing the Ryan Fitzpatrick's/Josh McCown's of the world is in the past for good.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why not do that with the cheap options in house?

Because they have given little to no reason to believe they'll be any good.  Hack?  C'mon...I try to be as optimistic as hell, but that dude legitimately looked like a below average High School QB when he played and Petty didn't look much better.

Enough of these projects and band-aids.  How about a guy who has spent several years in the NFl, has proven he can make all the throws while protecting the ball and is ready to go from the second he gets to Florham Park, and for many years moving forward?

Oh Villain... if only.

I don't want anyone confused by my stance. Glennon *could possibly* help out a team with a roster window. We are not that team.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because they have given little to no reason to believe they'll be any good.  Hack?  C'mon...I try to be as optimistic as hell, but that dude legitimately looked like a below average High School QB when he played and Petty didn't look much better.

Enough of these projects and band-aids.  How about a guy who has spent several years in the NFl, has proven he can make all the throws while protecting the ball and is ready to go from the second he gets to Florham Park, and for many years moving forward?

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Oh Villain... if only.

I don't want anyone confused by my stance. Glennon *could possibly* help out a team with a roster window. We are not that team.

I think we're not as far as you believe. We need leadership and a qb. I like what Bowles has done so far with the new coaches and I feel that Glennon could be a signing in the right direction. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly.

I know that draft picks are "sexy" and have tons of potential, but people are basically saying, "let''s pass on Glennon, so we can draft a guy who will need several years of mentoring and development, before he hopefully becomes a guy who gets the ball in the end zone and doesn't turn it over"...ya' know, like what Glennon is now.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I don't disagree that neither guy has inspired confidence but I also disagree that Glennon is some unicorn that Tampa is just going to let get away even though he's magically going to be the answer for another franchise. You say he's proven he can do all these things and yet he's looking for work. He's not the answer here. I don't think Petty or Hack are either but at least they won't cost 15 million a year to find out. 

14 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I know that draft picks are "sexy" and have tons of potential, but people are basically saying, "let''s pass on Glennon, so we can draft a guy who will need several years of mentoring and development, before he hopefully becomes a guy who gets the ball in the end zone and doesn't turn it over"...ya' know, like what Glennon is now.

Also, these rookies with no pro experience are always called "franchise QB's" until they are either mishandled or simply not good enough. 

Glennon was never benched because of his performance on the field. The guy absolutely got a raw deal with the coach who believed in him getting fired, the new coach stating on his first day that McCown will be the starter once signed and after the McCown failure who the hell was going to pass on Jameis Winston? 

Mike Glennon is an untapped talent that has produced respectfully everytime he's taken the field. 

I'd like to have a guy who can fill in for an injured McCown who you and I both know he was better than and in the 5 full games he played he averaged a statline that if totalled over a 16 game season would have had him throwing for 4200 yards and 30something TD's.

I'd like to have a guy who comes in for Winston and completes 10 of 11 passes for 75 yards, a TD and a 2pt conversion against a Falcon team that was just in the SB.

People can say what they want about what management/coaches did...but what I never hear is how terrible he looks on the field and how he turns the ball over. Why? Because he doesn't look terrible on the field and he's not a turnover machine. And unlike Tyrod, Glennon can use the middle of the field and work within the pocket.

29 minutes ago, Stark said:

When did the Bills or Dolphins draft Sam Darnold 1 selection ahead of us?

Because that's our luck

Don't know much about Darnold. I've seen a highlight or two, but not enough on him to have a feel or an opinion. Seems like every jets fan that I hear speak on him want us to draft him when he's eligible.

39 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Except we know a Geno is terrible. We haven't seen that with Petty or Hack. Glennon is not going to end the drought. That's fools gold.

The rest of your post is garbage. Anyone can have opinions at any time. You're not going to suppress those that disagree with you. That's a joke. 

We knew Fitz was terrible and we gave him 12 million. We could have just went the cheap way and saw what the younger guy could do. That's what you're saying right? 

Unless it's Geno then of course not and then you'd rather spend ridiculous funds on Fitz to the point that you have to promise 5 million from the following season in which he's not even a member of the team?

You can't pick and choose when this plan is okay to execute based on personal feelings on a person you don't know personally.

The only fools gold was supporting that Fitz signing.

I'm not against us making an offer to Glennon. But it shouldn't be anywhere near what Osweiler got. 

I think Tyrod is straight up better. So if we're going to make a big offer to a free agent QB, it should be him.

And McCown on a cheap deal is preferable as well, as it gives Petty and Hack the opportunity to compete and possibly emerge as a legit NFL starter. If Glennon is signed to a big contract, we're pretty much giving up on on our young guys. 

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I'm not against us making an offer to Glennon. But it shouldn't be anywhere near what Osweiler got. 

I think Tyrod is straight up better. So if we're going to make a big offer to a free agent QB, it should be him.

And McCown on a cheap deal is preferable as well, as it gives Petty and Hack the opportunity to compete and possibly emerge as a legit NFL starter. If Glennon is signed to a big contract, we're pretty much giving up on on our young guys. 

It shouldn't be anywhere near whAt Brock received since Brock wasn't worth that money. The problem is this, Brock did get that deal and Glennon statistically has shown to be a better qb.  

I would offer him 12 mill a year. 

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We knew Fitz was terrible and we gave him 12 million. We could have just went the cheap way and saw what the younger guy could do. That's what you're saying right? 

Unless it's Geno then of course not and then you'd rather spend ridiculous funds on Fitz to the point that you have to promise 5 million from the following season in which he's not even a member of the team?

You can't pick and choose when this plan is okay to execute based on personal feelings on a person you don't know personally.

The only fools gold was supporting that Fitz signing.

Comparing the two situations is terrible and flawed logic. Geno had two full seasons of terrible play. What they spent on Fitz was not ridiculous. They actually offered more years and more money. The deal he got was actually a savings for the Jets, so the contract is of no consequence. Glennon has never had a season like Fitz in 2015 either and he likely never will. He's average to below average. It'd be a mistake. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

What about signing Glennon to allow him to develop chemisty with the young receivers while the rest of the roster is assembled?

The LG is in place, the RG is in place, in all likelihood the RT is in place.  I think they draft a center or go with Johnson, which means the center should be in place.  

They have Decker, Q, Robby, Peake  and Jalin and I"m assuming they draft a TE.  All but Decker may be here for the long term.

Why take a season or two to let them work with Hoyer or some other bridge guy who won't be around when the roster is (hopefully) re-built, and get a QB who will be around for a while, putting him together with several targets who will also be around for a several years?

Totally agree with the thought process but I'd rather spend the $ on cousins.    Glennon is going to get stupid money from a desperate team.  Why not spend a little more and get Cousins?   The Jets are totally screwed w/o a QB and Cousins is the best on the market.   Take a run with a 90M over 4 and see what happens.  

43 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Comparing the two situations is terrible and flawed logic. Geno had two full seasons of terrible play. What they spent on Fitz was not ridiculous. They actually offered more years and more money. The deal he got was actually a savings for the Jets, so the contract is of no consequence. Glennon has never had a season like Fitz in 2015 either and he likely never will. He's average to below average. It'd be a mistake. 

Lol

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Nobody was happy to pay Fitz $12 - even the most staunch advocates of bringing him back. 

You just made that up - so apparently, you can make up anything really.

No.... sorry....you are wrong....

Indeed some wanted to pay Fitz market rate they said he "earned" it...

I am not going to waste time pulling up those threads or trying to embarrass anyone.

Here is a direct quote of one poster (whom I like, so I'm not trying to call them out by putting their name here)

"We don't really know what those exact salary figures are..... Get a player if possible even for one season so you can win and worry about the following season that year. But in terms of overpaying Fitz. I agree no ridiculous salary but in the low teens to me is market and we should pay it. "

So I'm not making up anything, rather I read posts and respond accordingly and try my best not to randomly insult others

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Osweiler looked like that guy before Houston signed him.

Brian Hoyer looked like that guy before Houston signed him.

Buffalo blew their load before letting Fitz finish a whole season and it worked out badly for them.

Then Buffalo repeated their mistake with Tyrod Taylor and now they're stuck in a weird spot.

Minnesota traded their first for Sam Bradford, he plays "eh", and now they may have to pay him for mediocre play.  Eagles did the same for the same player.

How about we just do the normal thing for once and sign an old, bridge, vet for minimal cost, roll our young guys out there and let em prove they belong?  If they don't, then we suck a** and FINALLY get a high enough draft pick for a real franchise QB.

3 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Kid is way too ugly to be a good quarterback.

My ex called Sanchez "dreamy".

How many people mentioned Hack looked the part ( apart from being unable to hit the ocean) ... I think we should try ugly for a change.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Osweiler looked like that guy before Houston signed him.

Brian Hoyer looked like that guy before Houston signed him.

Buffalo blew their load before letting Fitz finish a whole season and it worked out badly for them.

Then Buffalo repeated their mistake with Tyrod Taylor and now they're stuck in a weird spot.

Minnesota traded their first for Sam Bradford, he plays "eh", and now they may have to pay him for mediocre play.  Eagles did the same for the same player.

How about we just do the normal thing for once and sign an old, bridge, vet for minimal cost, roll our young guys out there and let em prove they belong?  If they don't, then we suck a** and FINALLY get a high enough draft pick for a real franchise QB.

Osweiler - his team just got to the second round of the playoffs.  Can my team have that cautionary take?!?!?

Hoyer - are you seriously comparing the worst Qb in the NFL to Glennon?

Tyrod Taylor - was not the bills' problem.  They had no receivers, Watkins was out almost the entire season and their top 2 draft picks were also injured 

Bradford - agree, he's overrated and sucks 

Don't really get the comparisons of any of the above to Glennon.  

3 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Totally agree with the thought process but I'd rather spend the $ on cousins.    Glennon is going to get stupid money from a desperate team.  Why not spend a little more and get Cousins?   The Jets are totally screwed w/o a QB and Cousins is the best on the market.   Take a run with a 90M over 4 and see what happens.  

We're not getting Cousins that's a red herring argument

Hey, we shouldn't sign Glennon we should trade for Aaron Rodgers instead.  See?  I can do that 2

Archived