Parcells Quote

Jetsmanjb

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Jetsmanjb said:

He also has the highest winning percentage of any coach in the history of the Jets organization

When my first child was born, I looked around the hospital nursery and can confidently say I had a bigger penis than any of the crying, flaccid newborns in there, and quite possibly bigger than any 1-3 day old infant boy in the history of their hospital. 

Shall I explain the analogy?

Parcells is a scumbag. Plain and Simple. So is Belichek. If I had to chose the better coach I take Belichek everyday and twice on Sunday. You can rail all you want on records  but it simply comes down to this: How many titles did Parcells win without Belichek? How many did Belichek win without him? No contest. Belichek by a lot. All other arguments are just talk.

On 2/14/2017 at 2:05 PM, #27TheDominator said:

What ******* division title?  They finished 2 games back of the Eagles.  "Great shape to be a SB team"?  What the **** is that?  If it was so ******* easy why doesn't he every do it?  He takes over sh*tty teams, makes them respectable and runs out.  My ******* hero.

Um... Belichick was there for EVERY single playoff win that you are crediting Parcells with, Belichick held the Bills in check, not Parcells.

Look at yourself. Consider what it is you're doing. Then stop. Parcells is a top ten coach in the history of sport.

On 2/14/2017 at 3:05 PM, #27TheDominator said:

HOF sure, but I hate him with the fire of 1,000 suns. I think BB is a better HC and a much better coach/gameplanner. 

Belichick is also the dirtiest coach in the history of the game and will forever be associated with cheating scandals. In ten years, any jerkoff (Bruschi) who suggests otherwise will rightly be shouted down the same way anyone who tells you that Barry Bonds was the GOAT gets laughed at now.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick is also the dirtiest coach in the history of the game and will forever be associated with cheating scandals. In ten years, any jerkoff (Bruschi) who suggests otherwise will rightly be shouted down the same way anyone who tells you that Barry Bonds was the GOAT gets laughed at now.

The ultimate troll job would be to formally request with the NFL to interview Ernie Adams for a head coaching job.  The Patriots technically couldn't refuse it, and Adams would have to decline, obviously starting the conversation of what he does for the patriots.

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Look at yourself. Consider what it is you're doing. Then stop. Parcels is a top ten coach in the history of sport.

Not here he wasn't.  

He gets credit for "turning the franchise around" (wrongfully IMO) when all he did was replace a very bad Coach after a very bad year.  

He no more more changed this franchise than Mangini did after Herm, or Bowles did after Rexy.  And he left it in worse shape than any coach that followed him, saddled with old men, costly contracts and salary cap hell.  He mismanaged the QB position as badly as it could be done, and our success was more luck under Vinny than Skill by Parcells.

Bonus points for chasing the greatest Head Coach in NFL history to our division rival due to his mismanagement.  That sure changed things too.

He was like every coach we've had since:  win early, draft poorly, lose late, leave the team in a mess and in cap hell.  That the Jets Head Coach M.O. the last 20+ years. That's the "Parcells Legacy".

OH, and he changed the Uniforms.  Good for him.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not here he wasn't.  

He gets credit for "turning the franchise around" (wrongfully IMO) when all he did was replace a very bad Coach after a very bad year.  

He no more more changed this franchise than Mangini did after Herm, or Bowles did after Rexy.  And he left it in worse shape than any coach that followed him, saddled with old men, costly contracts and salary cap hell.  He mismanaged the QB position as badly as it could be done, and our success was more luck under Vinny than Skill by Parcells.

Bonus points for chasing the greatest Head Coach in NFL history to our division rival due to his mismanagement.  That sure changed things too.

He was like every coach we've had since:  win early, draft poorly, lose late, leave the team in a mess and in cap hell.  That the Jets Head Coach M.O. the last 20+ years. That's the "Parcells Legacy".

OH, and he changed the Uniforms.  Good for him.:rolleyes:

I'll agree on one point: him and Mangini had similar legacies here. They were the adults that left the foundations in place that allowed the horrible head coaches that followed them to appear competent for a time. 

Some fans just bemoan and bemoan the lack of winning culture and sustained success that this franchise had.Then the go ahead and create picayune jabs at someone who actually had success and created a culture. Parcells was brought here to do 1 thing and 1 thing only. Win a title for Hess while he was still alive. There was not thought of what would happen after.

Now, was I happy in the mode that Parcells left? No. But I do appreciate what he did while here.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'll agree on one point: him and Mangini had similar legacies here. They were the adults that left the foundations in place that allowed the horrible head coaches that followed them to appear competent for a time. 

So Mangini as the HC drafted Ferguson and Mangold while Edzik as the GM drafted all those bust . I'm glad I got conformation of these important facts .  Mangini was here for 2 yrs and 3 drafts, and his legacy that's all important to the Jets is 2 players .

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

So Mangini as the HC drafted Ferguson and Mangold while Edzik as the GM drafted all those bust . I'm glad I got conformation of these important facts .  Mangini was here for 2 yrs and 3 drafts, and his legacy that's all important to the Jets is 2 players .

I don't follow.

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Some fans just bemoan and bemoan the lack of winning culture and sustained success that this franchise had.Then the go ahead and create picayune jabs at someone who actually had success and created a culture. Parcells was brought here to do 1 thing and 1 thing only. Win a title for Hess while he was still alive. There was not thought of what would happen after.

Now, was I happy in the mode that Parcells left? No. But I do appreciate what he did while here.

Yeah, that's the fairy tale , afterschool special version if your gullible enough to believe it. Parcells post salary cap was nothing more than a white knight riding into to hopeless or bleak situations placating his enormous ego and then jumping ship when he couldn't deliver the goods. How this guy is revered on Jet boards is a real head scratcher to me.  

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah, that's the fairy tale , afterschool special version if your gullible enough to believe it. Parcells post salary cap was nothing more than a white knight riding into to hopeless or bleak situations placating his enormous ego and then jumping ship when he couldn't deliver the goods. How this guy is revered on Jet boards is a real head scratcher to me.  

What are "the goods"? 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

The ultimate troll job would be to formally request with the NFL to interview Ernie Adams for a head coaching job.  The Patriots technically couldn't refuse it, and Adams would have to decline, obviously starting the conversation of what he does for the patriots.

Adams and Bellichick are complete scumbags. But really the question should be why doesn't every franchise have someone like Adams doing that  low animal cunning analysis and skullduggery. 

And to TS's point; Mangini was right there. Make no mistake; Ryan was handed a loaded team, spare Qb, of course. The guy's issues with treating men like men were correctable, certainly more easily done than teaching Edwards, Ryan or Bowles how offense and passing works. He got assurances the Favre Experiment would not cost him his job. And then...9 wins in Mangini's last year did not get a playoff berth(nor 10 in Bowles' first) , in Ryan's first year it did. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Adams and Bellichick are complete scumbags. But really the question should be why doesn't every franchise have someone like Adams doing that  low animal cunning analysis and skullduggery. 

And to TS's point; Mangini was right there. Make no mistake; Ryan was handed a loaded team, spare Qb, of course. The guy's issues with treating men like men were correctable, certainly more easily done than teaching Edwards, Ryan or Bowles how offense and passing works. He got assurances the Favre Experiment would not cost him his job. And then...9 wins in Mangini's last year did not get a playoff berth(nor 10 in Bowles' first) , in Ryan's first year it did. 

integrity?

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Parcells and Mangini also weren't willing to let Woody ride bitch with them on a daily basis, so they were doomed here anyway.

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This type of stuff has almost certainly been going on for as long as football has been played. 

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Pure wishful thinking.  If you think "Parcells Culture" was still here by Herm's second year, you're deluding yourself to make a moderately successful three year stretch into something it isn't and wasn't. 

Parcells was here three years, just three years.  In two he was barely .500.  He signed massive bust Neil O'Donnell, and a roster that was far better than its record, and improved it some, and got to 9-7.  That pedestrian 9-7 only looks great compared to the Coslet and Kotite era before it, it was nothing special.

He had a magical year.  No one takes that one season of glory here lightly.  He lucked into it, with Vinny, but hey, luck happens. 

He then utterly failed in every way possible to follow it up.  He blew the QB position as bad as it's possible to do so after Vinny got hurt.  He mismanaged the draft, the cap, and his exit.  And in doing so handed the greatest coach in NFL history, one that has shown himself to be far better than Parcells himself, to our hated rival.  And he left us coachless (Groh, lol) and in utter Salary Cap hell that took years to get out of.

Parcells never won anything without Bellicheck.  And in hindsight, Bellichek deserves a serious slice of Parcells glory.

We as a fan base need to stop hero worshiping mediocrity.  Because that is ALL Parcells ever was here outside that one-off season in 1998.

P.S. are people actually hero worshiping Mangini now too?  Holy mother of God.....:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Some may wonder if Mangini was such a great Coach why is he no longer employed in the NFL? He was 0-1 in the playoffs and had a 33-48 career record.. He never had a number 1 D or had a team win the rushing title.. A loaded team without a QB is like a gun with no ammo your screwed either way.. One could also say when Farve was hurt in 08 why didn't Mangini bring in his 2nd rd 2006 pick Clemens?? I guess he never developed him in 3 years??LOL  Funny thing is the QB he let go won the East in a Brady less year taking a 1-15 team to 11-5 and the East title..:)

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This type of stuff has almost certainly been going on for as long as football has been played. 

Shanahan's Broncos and Walsh/Siefert Niners cheated on the salary cap rules like crazy. But nobody is taking their Lombardis away. Integrity is a noble concept but the reality in the NFL is somewhat different. That's not an endorsement of being scumbags, but a statement of fact. 

And really Adams in part broke down how every variable of a team impacts success or failure. Yes, he isn't a  wonderful human being, but you have to recognize having a  smart ombudsman is a good thing. Instead we've had head coaches who simply farm out everything but their defense. Does everyone understand what an embarrassing disaster that is? Which is why the Pats win the field position  and turnover battles most weeks, take advantage of mismatches in their favor and minimize mismatches on their end, don't waste timeouts, don't waste downs(LOVE Chan's 4 yard passes on 3rd and 7!), have a system in place regarding challenges(as opposed to dolts like Bowles and Ryan looking at the Jumbotron!). Strategy matters. Mangini and Parcells got it; the guys have had since do not. Strategically the Jets under Ryan and Bowles have been run very stupidly by every measure. And against the Pats 2X every year, even worse than that. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Pure wishful thinking.  If you think "Parcells Culture" was still here by Herm's second year, you're deluding yourself to make a moderately successful three year stretch into something it isn't and wasn't. 

Parcells was here three years, just three years.  In two he was barely .500.  He signed massive bust Neil O'Donnell, and a roster that was far better than its record, and improved it some, and got to 9-7.  That pedestrian 9-7 only looks great compared to the Coslet and Kotite era before it, it was nothing special.

He had a magical year.  No one takes that one season of glory here lightly.  He lucked into it, with Vinny, but hey, luck happens. 

He then utterly failed in every way possible to follow it up.  He blew the QB position as bad as it's possible to do so after Vinny got hurt.  He mismanaged the draft, the cap, and his exit.  And in doing so handed the greatest coach in NFL history, one that has shown himself to be far better than Parcells himself, to our hated rival.  And he left us coachless (Groh, lol) and in utter Salary Cap hell that took years to get out of.

Parcells never won anything without Bellicheck.  And in hindsight, Bellichek deserves a serious slice of Parcells glory.

We as a fan base need to stop hero worshiping mediocrity.  Because that is ALL Parcells ever was here outside that one-off season in 1998.

P.S. are people actually hero worshiping Mangini now too?  Holy mother of God.....:rolleyes:

O'Donnell was a Kotite move. In fact recall  playing a back at option QB in Detroit with a playoff berth on the line because BP hated O'Donnell so much. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Parcells and Mangini also weren't willing to let Woody ride bitch with them on a daily basis, so they were doomed here anyway.

Making the owner feel like one of the cool kids is the priority at Florham Park. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

With all due respect, you should get your facts straight first. Think of Parcells as you like.

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when Parcells and Tannenbaum gave Curtis Martin too much money and Curtis Martin made Herm look like he had a frontal lobe???

Somehow Herm actually won 2 playoff games.  I still have a hard time believing it. Even more astounding, the Chiefs traded us a 4th rounder for him. 

Archived