Godspeed Jet fans.

Fibonacci

Just wanted to vent. We are all in this together. We are happy when Jets are good, we are depressed when Jets are depressed. What I mean by "We" is the Jet fans. The ones who feel the pain in their hearts each time the Jets fail. 

Woody? He is in this for business and prestige. Not sure if he is sad as say SAR I or @joewilly12 when Jets lose. 

Bowles? King of all the shrimp lovers? Nah. 

McCag? Nope. No way. He will forget about the Jets the minute he is canned. 

Players? Are you kidding me? Where are the ho's at?

What I am trying to say is, things are looking bad for at least next season. Just wanted to wish good luck to my fellow Jet fans in the upcoming season. Most likely 3-13 or maybe 4-12. Who cares. If it will mean a dynasty in the end, who cares? I am ready to embrace the suck for a few years if it will mean at least 10 years of competitive football. Who is with me?

With expectations low and with us fielding a much younger team with the hope this rebuild will pay long term dividends, I am looking forward to 2017 and what it produces.

After coming off a 10-6 season that should have been 11-5 with a playoff berth, the expectations last year were high.

That's what made it as painful as it was.

This year, we are the underdog with what looks like will be a lot of young kids fighting for a job.

Who doesn't like rooting for the underdog?  That will be us and I am ALL IN!

I would much rather blow the team up, start from scratch and plan for a sustained successful future than continue to put some J&J Bandaids on it every year and roll the dice.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

To me, this is the fun part of team sports. The building and watching young guys take roles and looking for silver linings. 

This rebuild was overdue and some poor, short term decisions were made. 

I agree with the 1st part of your post and disagree with the second part .  Money Mike and Todd Bowles were 2 men placed in positions they never held before  . The knowledge that these 2 men could actually put a winning product on the field was essential  in acquiring Woody Johnson's trust in rebuilding this franchise.  It's my opion that had these 2 men started out wit a losing season followed by the season we had in 2016, the Jets would now be under yet another management regime .

9 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Just wanted to vent. We are all in this together.

I am ready to embrace the suck for a few years if it will mean at least 10 years of competitive football. Who is with me?

I am with you in spirit, but I think the Jets need to go back to the 1998 and 2009 strategy of buying predictable free agents instead of drafting unpredictable young kids.  I see a coming future where the likes of Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger are all out of the game and there are no AFC quarterbacks of that ability on the horizon to fear.  I think it will be easier than ever to get to a Super Bowl without a franchise quarterback because no one else will have one either.

This season is an Idzik purge, I get that, I'm onboard for a necessary 2-14 campaign to financially shape the roster for the long haul and validate the two redshirt quarterbacks.  But in 2018 I expect the Jets to spend like drunken sailors and load up for a run.  It worked well for Parcells and Tannenbaum but they ran into HOF quarterbacks they couldn't get past, it can work for Maccagnan in an era without such dominance at the quarterback position.

SAR I

If only.....If only... If only we had done this the right way and installed a new CS altogether, thus commencing a REAL rebuild, I would be much more excited for our future, but the fact is the Jet FO is still living a delusion by thinking this franchise will improve while Bubba Gump is HC. God, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, magic carpets, Bowltite being a good HC - all delusions created by people to make themselves feel safe and warm. I fear that we will see much the same as we did last season only with different players. Frustrating, boring, dull, uninspired, stubborn, non adjusting, poor game planning, players played % position constantly, kicking FG's down 41-0, and basically playing scared and not to lose. This guy will not change - you can't turn a dog into a thoroughbred horse.

I hate to always play devil's advocate and be so negative, but let me ask the board, what happens if and when Bowltite gets canned next January? Are we again going to have to sit through a "complete rebuild"? Will a new HC &/or GM release a bunch of players and start anew yet again? This is why this whole thing makes no sense - how they are going about this I mean. The fact that our STC and DC and of course the head moron are still here boggles the mind, it really does. I wonder who in the organization sees what in these guys that would allow them to be retained here. If I owned the Jets, and my team lost 41-6 on National TV to a mediocre at best team, I would be furious! Here, that gets rewarded apparently with another year of employ. I just don't get it. So while I do agree this is going to be interesting, I am only slightly excited because I know the leader is defective and we will never be a true contender as long as he is here.

10 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Just wanted to vent. We are all in this together. We are happy when Jets are good, we are depressed when Jets are depressed. What I mean by "We" is the Jet fans. The ones who feel the pain in their hearts each time the Jets fail. 

Woody? He is in this for business and prestige. Not sure if he is sad as say SAR I or @joewilly12 when Jets lose. 

Bowles? King of all the shrimp lovers? Nah. 

McCag? Nope. No way. He will forget about the Jets the minute he is canned. 

Players? Are you kidding me? Where are the ho's at?

What I am trying to say is, things are looking bad for at least next season. Just wanted to wish good luck to my fellow Jet fans in the upcoming season. Most likely 3-13 or maybe 4-12. Who cares. If it will mean a dynasty in the end, who cares? I am ready to embrace the suck for a few years if it will mean at least 10 years of competitive football. Who is with me?

they're going to win 10 games.

I actually think a season where we are in full rebuild mode, Hackenburg starting and tons of young developmental players could actually be enjoyable despite losing almost all the games if we start seeing players develop and a nucleus being formed.

19 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Their is no way they can be as bad as last year!

So I was on the earliest form of Jets discussion forums back in 1995, a little place called alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets and I remember coming off of Kotite's first season at 3-13 where everyone was thinking like you were, no way we could be as bad as the prior year.

And then we went 1-15.

I called it, of course.  Same thing is going to happen this year.  No quarterback, lesser receiving corps, old guy at RB, no Mangold.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

So I was on the earliest form of Jets discussion forums back in 1995, a little place called alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets and I remember coming off of Kotite's first season at 3-13 where everyone was thinking like you were, no way we could be as bad as the prior year.

And then we went 1-15.

I called it, of course.

SAR I

Lol I hear you but I just think the supposed best players on the team were so bad (Revis, Wilk, Shel) that we have to be a little better.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I actually think a season where we are in full rebuild mode, Hackenburg starting and tons of young developmental players could actually be enjoyable despite losing almost all the games if we start seeing players develop and a nucleus being formed.

I feel the same. Losing with young guys and hopefully seeing growth is fun and  much better than losing with an old, aging team

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This.

But it's only marginally interesting for 1 year as a novelty.  It's New York, not Cleveland, we have other options besides watching the Browns or tipping cows.

SAR I

it depends on what they do with the cap room.  do they go after name guys on their 3rd deal or young guys on their 2nd deal ?

do they spread it around and build depth in all 3 phases ?

its way to early to say they are tanking next season, we won't know that until August

4 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Lol I hear you but I just think the supposed best players on the team were so bad (Revis, Wilk, Shel) that we have to be a little better.

What did the coaching staff do in all this?  Was there any disciplinary action taken on or off the field?  Lets not give Todd Bowles a pass on all this mess, yet he remains. 

5 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Our problem isn't defense which is probably good enough to go 8-8.  Our offense is now worse than last year, and in the NFL there is no winning without offense.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was the best 5 win quarterback in the NFL last year.  Laugh, I know, but the problem is we don't have anyone better on the roster and behind that offensive line, with an old running back, without Marshall and Decker, playing catch-up in the first quarter of every game, you could put Glennon or Cutler in there and they will look worse than Fitzpatrick did last year.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What did the coaching staff do in all this?  Was there any disciplinary action taken on or off the field?  Lets not give Todd Bowles a pass on all this mess, yet he remains. 

Bingo.

What turns a team around is a change in culture.  Every time we had success after a disasterous season, it was always due to a coach that the players liked and could believe in.  Bowles, like Ryan, Mangini, Edwards, Groh, and Parcells before him, had the players focused in his rookie campaign but lost them completely in his second year.  I have no faith in the guy.  What is going to get Mo Wilkerson or Sheldon Richardson to buy-in to what Bowles is selling this August after what happened last year and what's certainly going to be an 0-3 start?  What, they suddenly are going to become model citizens?

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Bingo.

What turns a team around is a change in culture.  Every time we had success after a disasterous season, it was always due to a coach that the players liked and could believe in.  Bowles, like Ryan, Mangini, Edwards, Groh, and Parcells before him, had the players focused in his rookie campaign but lost them completely in his second year.  I have no faith in the guy.  What is going to get Mo Wilkerson or Sheldon Richardson to buy-in to what Bowles is selling this August after what happened last year and what's certainly going to be an 0-3 start?  What, they suddenly are going to become model citizens?

SAR I

Dammit SAR I we finally agree on something. 

The fact that Bowles was a major player in all that went wrong in 2016 is a problem in 2017 what makes anyone think he is going to change his ways. 

My prediction is Todd Bowles doesn't make it through the 2017 season as the NY Jets head coach. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Very true, no pass, a lot terrible garbage last year. My thinking is first if you are hiring a first time NFL coach, meaning talking an assistant or college coach then you better be prepared to give him some room to learn. I'm fine with his learning from his mistakes but that being said we gotta see some improvement this year. Second I think the vets were a bunch of man children from week 3 on and had no heart, thats why they're gone. 

Just now, Lego My Lageman said:

Very true, no pass, a lot terrible garbage last year. My thinking is first if you are hiring a first time NFL coach, meaning talking an assistant or college coach then you better be prepared to give him some room to learn. I'm fine with his learning from his mistakes but that being said we gotta see some improvement this year. Second I think the vets were a bunch of man children from week 3 on and had no heart, thats why they're gone. 

Its harder to accept the fact that Kacy Rodgers is still the DC after what happened in 2016. 

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is a 1969 Camaro that needs a total rebuild the Jets are very much like this Camaro they havent had any success or glory since 1969 its been a longtime...........

47607783343.jpg

The 1968 Jets were Super Bowl Champions.  The 1969 Jets were one-and-done playoff losers.  And, as a bonus, the '68 Camaro was a far better looking car than the '69.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The fact that Bowles was a major player in all that went wrong in 2016 is a problem in 2017 what makes anyone think he is going to change his ways. 

My prediction is Todd Bowles doesn't make it through the 2017 season as the NY Jets head coach. 

Yes, he's here to be sacrificed after we go 2-14 while we get the roster financially positioned for the future.

A year from today we have a new head coach, a bazillion dollars in cap money to spend, and [insert name here] at quarterback who has proven to show a little promise, we're excited about a wildcard shot in 2018.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The 1968 Jets were Super Bowl Champions.  The 1969 Jets were one-and-done playoff losers.  And, as a bonus, the '68 Camaro was a far better looking car than the '69.

SAR I

I fixed it for you and yes you are correct. 1968 season won Super Bowl in 1969 year. 

Image result for ny jets 1968  super bowl 3

Yes, he's here to be sacrificed after we go 2-14 while we get the roster financially positioned for the future.
A year from today we have a new head coach, a bazillion dollars in cap money to spend, and [insert name here] at quarterback who has proven to show a little promise, we're excited about a wildcard shot in 2018.
SAR I

I disagree. We are a young team that is going to have an offensive overhaul this year with a new OC, plus a bunch of new assistant coaches on both sides of the ball. Firing Bowles means 3 OC's in 3 years for Hack (Macc's pick), pretty much dooming him, as well as a boatload of inconsistency while trying to develop the kids. Now don't get me wrong firing Bowles is the right thing to do, but it should've happened this year. Firing him next year is a mistake now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I disagree. We are a young team that is going to have an offensive overhaul this year with a new OC, plus a bunch of new assistant coaches on both sides of the ball. Firing Bowles means 3 OC's in 3 years for Hack (Macc's pick), pretty much dooming him, as well as a boatload of inconsistency while trying to develop the kids. Now don't get me wrong firing Bowles is the right thing to do, but it should've happened this year. Firing him next year is a mistake now.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Is Todd Bowles capable of assembling a decent staff that remains to be seen, in 2016 they all sucked now some faces have changed and we will soon see the outcome. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

My prediction is Todd Bowles doesn't make it through the 2017 season as the NY Jets head coach

I hope you are right.  Let Morton be the interim HC.

Archived