Bills, 49ers, Jets all out of Glennon bidding

Gas2No99

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thadude said:

Brian Hoyer

you got hard admit it

At 6 mill a year so we can test out the players we already have? Hell yeah..already ejaculated at that rate. You pay Glennon 14 mill then you are basically saying sorry Hack, sorry Petty you don't get a chance even though we have invested time and valuable picks into your development..we paid Glennon starter money so sit on the bench and deal with it until your contract is up. 

Just now, HighPitch said:

19 tds and 9 ints in 13 games as a rook on a crap talentless team

Plus he's got a nice long neck

13 games doesn't convince me. Kaep went to the Super Bowl the first year he started and now he is looking for a new home. It takes more than 13 games to solidify yourself in a copycat league.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

13 games doesn't convince me. Kaep went to the Super Bowl the first year he started and now he is looking for a new home. It takes more than 13 games to solidify yourself in a copycat league.

Well luckily for us we had 3 qb's last year who never looked good ever and one who had 1 good season thanks to Marshall and Decker

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

At 6 mill a year so we can test out the players we already have? Hell yeah..already ejaculated at that rate. You pay Glennon 14 mill then you are basically saying sorry Hack, sorry Petty you don't get a chance even though we have invested time and valuable picks into your development..we paid Glennon starter money so sit on the bench and deal with it until your contract is up. 

Great -- empty stadium next October

Again

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Makes sense.  If you're gonna' tank, you don't get Glennon, you get Hoyer or re-sign Geno or Fitz.

I think Hoyer is a real possibility.   It's tough to sell hoyer to the fanbase though - if the tank is on you roll with hack.  Hoyer will win just enough games to keep us out of the darnold / Rosen sweepstakes's 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You read that right. He won't light it up here. We have too many missing pieces. It will not be the same situation as if he did it on another team. You think Prescott would have the year he did if he didn't have Elliot, Bryant and countless other good to great offensive pieces? 

You get a good franchise QB when you can get a franchise QB. You're saying you'd turn one down now because there are other holes on the team. Lol.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

In this particular situation, you mean rooting for the two guys we already have on the roster at a cheaper price who haven't even had the opportunity to really get started reps and prepare for a starting gig competition? You mean root against a guy who wants 14-16 mill a year who isn't a sure thing just as the two players we already have? Oh okay then. 

So you're saying if we had the opportunity to lock up a young QB - at about $14m/year, which isn't much these days - who, it turns out, has the capability of lighting it up on the Bears, then you think it was a smart move to pass up on picking him up. And why? So we could hold a tryout with two projects, for whom we couldn't possibly get their original draft picks back in trade right now. So it's not a good situation for a veteran QB but it's a good setting for a tryout between two projects. 

Oh yeah, and add to that: we wouldn't have to use a single high draft pick on a QB, or even spend one draft pick in the first 5 rounds. Not this year, not next year, not for the next 5 years. You'd pass up on that because you the rest of the team isn't great right now. :rl: 

It's doubtful people happy with passing on him (today) would agree with that, given the benefit of hindsight. But that's because they think he sucks and will suck, not because they wouldn't want him if they knew he had the capability of tearing up the league all year. 

Oh man.

27 minutes ago, thadude said:

We're jets fans Sperm

We love rooting for crap quarterbacks while passing on the good ones

I'm not even saying Glennon is such a great (or even acceptable) QB. I'm reading that, even if shown that it turns out whoops! he actually was capable of "tearing up the league" for the Bears, for $14m, while never having to spend even a mid-round draft pick on a QB for the better part of the next decade, he'd still say it was smart. So we could hold a tryout with Petty and Hackenberg.

I don't blame him. I'm sure he's a good guy and is innocent. Nobody's born this way -- it's the Jets have done this to him. It's cruel.

Pass up on a known franchise QB, given the benefit of hindsight, for half the price the great Kirk Cousins is seeking, so we can hold a tryout competition between Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. 

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You get a good franchise QB when you can get a franchise QB. You're saying you'd turn one down now because there are other holes on the team. Lol.

So you're saying if we had the opportunity to lock up a young QB - at about $14m/year, which isn't much these days - who, it turns out, has the capability of lighting it up on the Bears, then you think it was a smart move to pass up on picking him up. And why? So we could hold a tryout with two projects, for whom we couldn't possibly get their original draft picks back in trade right now. So it's not a good situation for a veteran QB but it's a good setting for a tryout between two projects. 

Oh yeah, and add to that: we wouldn't have to use a single high draft pick on a QB, or even spend one draft pick in the first 5 rounds. Not this year, not next year, not for the next 5 years. You'd pass up on that because you the rest of the team isn't great right now. :rl: 

It's doubtful people happy with passing on him (today) would agree with that, given the benefit of hindsight. But that's because they think he sucks and will suck, not because they wouldn't want him if they knew he had the capability of tearing up the league all year. 

Oh man.

You completely misinterpreted my post. Maybe on accident or maybe to better suit your response lol. You use to post pretty decent material..lately here I don't care for much of what you have to say. The Bears don't have a QB but obviously have a better offense put together than we do at the moment. Lighting it up on the Bears and not lighting it up on the Jets is completely possible. We aren't moving with a plan that makes sense with going after a QB like Glennon. Mac wants to roll with what we have at QB and give them a starting opportunity. You add a QB like Hoyer who is okay with playing the background instead of guy who wants to start and sees his time as now. We have other needs that would ultimately compliment a QB like Glennon if the opportunity came in later years. We aren't there yet in my eyes so that's why my stance is what it is. Not rocket science here buddy. You people are too impatient and most the choices you would make would put us right back at square one at the end of the day.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not even saying Glennon is such a great (or even acceptable) QB. I'm reading that, even if shown that it turns out whoops! he actually was capable of "tearing up the league" for the Bears, for $14m, while never having to spend even a mid-round draft pick on a QB for the better part of the next decade, he'd still say it was smart. So we could hold a tryout with Petty and Hackenberg.

I don't blame him. I'm sure he's a good guy and is innocent. Nobody's born this way -- it's the Jets have done this to him. It's cruel.

Pass up on a known franchise QB, given the benefit of hindsight, for half the price the great Kirk Cousins is seeking, so we can hold a tryout competition between Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. 

And I'm sure you are a good guy too. We just have an opposite view on the correct way of doing things for a franchise we both love. I just don't agree with your stances on most of the current topics lately. We all want what's best for the team at the end of the day. I just choose to have patience and examine the situation in the manner that I do.

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh man.

Ummm this A BILLION TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say it again a Hoyer type QB can destroy your team, he hurts the prospects and demoralizes the vets.  This is what happened last year and if we do that yet again the story will remain essentially the same, only the names will have changed.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummm this A BILLION TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say it again a Hoyer type QB can destroy your team, he hurts the prospects and demoralizes the vets.  This is what happened last year and if we do that yet again the story will remain essentially the same, only the names will have changed.

The point of having a guy like Hoyer isn't to start. It's to back up. You pay starter money then a guy is going to want to start. We aren't looking for that as a ball club. Don't get me wrong lol..we WANT a starter but we clearly want to give our young guys the first chance. They fail? Then we go out and pay that 14 mill to a player like Glennon. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

The point of having a guy like Hoyer isn't to start. It's to back up. You pay starter money then a guy is going to want to start. We aren't looking for that as a ball club. Don't get me wrong lol..we WANT a starter but we clearly want to give our young guys the first chance. They fail? Then we go out and pay that 14 mill to a player like Glennon. 

Prolonging the torture

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You completely misinterpreted my post. Maybe on accident or maybe to better suit your response lol. You use to post pretty decent material..lately here I don't care for much of what you have to say. The Bears don't have a QB but obviously have a better offense put together than we do at the moment. Lighting it up on the Bears and not lighting it up on the Jets is completely possible. We aren't moving with a plan that makes sense with going after a QB like Glennon. Mac wants to roll with what we have at QB and give them a starting opportunity. You add a QB like Hoyer who is okay with playing the background instead of guy who wants to start and sees his time as now. We have other needs that would ultimately compliment a QB like Glennon if the opportunity came in later years. We aren't there yet in my eyes so that's why my stance is what it is. Not rocket science here buddy. You people are too impatient and most the choices you would make would put us right back at square one at the end of the day.

I don't know that any of that is obvious. Chicago stinks.

Adding Hoyer serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Giving a rightful opportunity. Being thorough in our QB evaluation. 

We're talking about petty. He had a few starts. Nothing to write home about. And hackenburg.......lol I don't know much about him but when there's smoke there's fire. I can't remember a player in my life who got more bad news about him than hack. Can't hit the ocean? That's harsh....

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know that any of that is obvious. Chicago stinks.

Adding Hoyer serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

Adds a veteran presence and decent play if the young guys fail to show the performance they need to show. We need a decent back up player to play background to Petty and Hack. I'm okay with sucking next year if it means turning over stones and properly evaluating who we already have. Band-aids FA's got us here in the first place.

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

We're talking about petty. He had a few starts. Nothing to write home about. And hackenburg.......lol I don't know much about him but when there's smoke there's fire. I can't remember a player in my life who got more bad news about him than hack. Can't hit the ocean? That's harsh....

I'll with hold my judgment until I actually see Hack and Petty in 2017. I personally thought Petty showed improvement and particularly in reading defenses. I say it over and over again when mentioning this. Win4ever's film breakdowns of Petty really opened my eyes. He didn't have a fantastic audition but I really liked what I seen. Enough to want to see a full off-season with starter reps .

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

So what if they used a first or second on one of the 3 top qbs? What's your feeling ther 

Almost 98% sure that will not happen but if it does it still is a cheap option and Hack and Petty also still get to battle it out with said "first round pick" instead of a FA QB who will definitely feel entitled to the starter job regardless . But I'm really really confident that we won't be picking a QB #6

If the dominos start falling in place with Glennon to Chicago, Cousins to SF, Bills keep Taylor, I don't see a QB choosen before pick 12, and even then I don't know if Cleveland will take one at 12, in this situation I could see Redskins taking the first QB at 17, and then Texans at 25, probably Trubisky at 17, and Mahomes at 25 if I had to guess.  Both Watson, and Kizer falling to round 2 for Cleveland if they so choose to draft one at 33.

Can see Kizer falling to Rd 3.

Archived