Bills, 49ers, Jets all out of Glennon bidding

Gas2No99

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, KRL said:

If Glennon does end up in CHI that means Cutler is going to be let go.  Do we investigate?

If we were a competitive team otherwise, no reason to now, don't know why he'd want to come here if he had another option.

So another miserable year ahead and nothing to look forward to.
We will suck once again and at the end of the season, with fans once again calling for the heads of both Mac and Bowels. There fired and we start once again on the road of new GM, new HC new coaches new system and still no franchise QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will suck once again and at the end of the season, with fans once again calling for the heads of both Mac and Bowels. There fired and we start once again on the road of new GM, new HC new coaches new system and still no franchise QB.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not even saying Glennon is such a great (or even acceptable) QB. I'm reading that, even if shown that it turns out whoops! he actually was capable of "tearing up the league" for the Bears, for $14m, while never having to spend even a mid-round draft pick on a QB for the better part of the next decade, he'd still say it was smart. So we could hold a tryout with Petty and Hackenberg.

I don't blame him. I'm sure he's a good guy and is innocent. Nobody's born this way -- it's the Jets have done this to him. It's cruel.

Pass up on a known franchise QB, given the benefit of hindsight, for half the price the great Kirk Cousins is seeking, so we can hold a tryout competition between Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. 

Good point

Glennon's "asinine" contract might be worth 50% of the $130 million fortune Cousins is about to get from Snyder

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

You guys are funny. 

You cant faathom the thought of paying an average nfl salary to a qb. 

Then you say  you cant take risks right now. 

You guys are ecpecting a better tham avg qb at 6 million 

Priceless

Sign all of the best free agents league minimum can buy!!

7 minutes ago, fltflo said:

We're "suck for Sam" remember?

It's not like one fluke win would completely defeat the entire plan 

He hasn't started in years

Osweiler started like 3/4 games. Glennon's results pre Winston showing up was worlds ahead of Osweiler. 2 years or not doesn't matter. I'm not banging the table for Glennon, frankly I don't want him. But he's getting a big contract and it will be at least Osweiler money.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Regardless of your thoughts on Glennon, from a putting-butts-in-the-seats point of view, this makes sense. Signing another team's backup QB to start for you isn't going to excite a fan base that just went through such a miserable year. 

Drafting a QB in the first round will. 

We're probably going to draft Watson or Trubisky at #6.

10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Regardless of your thoughts on Glennon, from a putting-butts-in-the-seats point of view, this makes sense. Signing another team's backup QB to start for you isn't going to excite a fan base that just went through such a miserable year. 

Drafting a QB in the first round will. 

We're probably going to draft Watson or Trubisky at #6.

You will be able to hear a pin drop at our home games next season

8 minutes ago, Hungarian Howitzer said:

Glennon is no Pro bowler and I agree he doesn't deserve big money but if not him who else? Please not Kaepernick. 

Maybe Kaepernick and Hackenberg can start a think tank together 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

We're talking about petty. He had a few starts. Nothing to write home about. And hackenburg.......lol I don't know much about him but when there's smoke there's fire. I can't remember a player in my life who got more bad news about him than hack. Can't hit the ocean? That's harsh....

Until Geno got hurt, Petty was getting no reps as the 3rd string QB, and missed the 1st half of last season due to injury to boot.  No one knows what Petty is at this point.

This is the season to roll with Petty and let Hack get backup reps...if they want to draft another QB they like this year, so be it because if Petty doesn't prove himself next season he's a goner and Hack will be starting in the 2nd half of the season anyway.  If more than 1 of them pan out as viable starters, it's an added bonus.

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Until Geno got hurt, Petty was getting no reps as the 3rd string QB, and missed the 1st half of last season due to injury to boot.  No one knows what Petty is at this point.

This is the season to roll with Petty and let Hack get backup reps...if they want to draft another QB they like this year, so be it because if Petty doesn't prove himself next season he's a goner and Hack will be starting in the 2nd half of the season anyway.  If more than 1 of them pan out as viable starters, it's an added bonus.

Petty looked totally mediocre last season and he didn't just play in one game he played in several and had very good receivers to throw to

Dudes a career backup

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

This whole thing makes me think how bad all the QB are in this draft when the Bears in particular picking 2nd would rather have Glennon....ewwwwww

Fox needs to win to save his job and to some degree so does Pace. His draft picks haven't been stellar. 

And like all QBs coming out of college they aren't ready to play out of the gate.  

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What are you taking about? 

Well if (and still big if until 3/9) bears buy the giraffe and the 49rs mortgage their future to buy cousins then 2 teams in prime position to pick superstar draft pick QB at little cost over 5 years declined....then that tells you a lot about these QB in the draft.

You may speculate and provide other excuses why they are not just picking the QB but actions speak louder than words......

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

Well if (and still big if until 3/9) bears buy the giraffe and the 49rs mortgage their future to buy cousins then 2 teams in prime position to pick superstar draft pick QB at little cost over 5 years declined....then that tells you a lot about these QB in the draft.

You may speculate and provide other excuses why they are not just picking the QB but actions speak louder than words......

If the 49ers trade for a qb they'd be better off with Garropolo not Cousins

I didn't say anything about these QBs except like all college QBs they aren't ready day 1. 

Shanahan was Cousins OC.  

Sorry to use some logic.

But give me a few minutes and I'll come up with more "excuses". 

Just now, C Mart said:

I didn't say anything about these QBs except like all college QBs they aren't ready day 1. 

Shanahan was Cousins OC.  

Sorry to use some logic.

But give me a few minutes and I'll come up with more "excuses". 

Logic?...listen Spock....u comment on my post which sppsrently went over your head so you can ramble on about Fox....live long and prosper...nanu nanu 

Logic?...listen Spock....u comment on my post which sppsrently went over your head so you can ramble on about Fox....live long and prosper...nanu nanu 

LOL. Yikes.  Sick suits you  

Archived