BREAKING: Bears releasing Jay Cutler, and Jets appear to be his only suitor

SAR I

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Wondering what Cutler will make if he just sits the year.  Hopefully the Jets won't make an offer that will make sense for him to play. Hoping his situation is similar to Revis, where sitting out the year makes more sense

Be absolutely hilarious if Cutler got a bigger deal than Glennon from Mac and the jets

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Or you can draft someone who's proven to be a natural born leader, is charismatic and love what they do more than just about anything else .  

I want Watson too but not at 6 overall and after his workout I doubt he falls to us in rd 2

I'd still take a shot at Kizer in round 2

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Or you can draft someone who's proven to be a natural born leader, is charismatic and love what they do more than just about anything else .  

Most of these college Qbs are like that. Leaders, tough, winners etc. But most of the time this does not translate into the NFL. Look we drafted that Clemson kid a few years ago. He had all of those attributes but now he's a backup in the CFL. Trevor Siemien was not a guy anyone though had a good shot at being a starting NFL Qb. He did not have a big college resume. But he played well enough to be a starter on a good team last season. 

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

By week 8 some jets fans might be begging for Woody to bring Tebow back

By week 8 if this team doesn't at least play with some dignity enough to compete the stadium will be empty and fans will have found another hobby on Sunday afternoons. 

Fans will get very angry and bored with the current situation and will only take so much. sure there will be the so called diehards ( I was one during the Kotite era) but many will opt to stay the hell home and boycott the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

By week 8 if this team doesn't at least play with some dignity enough to compete the stadium will be empty and fans will have found another hobby on Sunday afternoons. 

There's almost nothing they can do at this point to prevent that. Might as well embrace the suck and hope to get Darnold or Rosen out of it.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

There's almost nothing they can do at this point to prevent that. Might as well embrace the suck and hope to get Darnold or Rosen out of it.

Sorry no can do. 

Theres no guarantee Darnold will be available to us. 

Im not giving Macc or Bowles another pass because of the suck or tanking theory. 

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. 

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

This is the only way to go. I am rooting for Hackenburg to start.  Leonard Williams to have a nagging hammy all year long, and every other serviceable player to have bad luck next year

8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

This is the only way to go. I am rooting for Hackenburg to start.  Leonard Williams to have a nagging hammy all year long, and every other serviceable player to have bad luck next year

OUCH no way I ever root for my team to lose or player injuries. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

OUCH no way I ever too for my team to lose or player injuries. 

Nothing serious, a nagging injury.  This teams needs to find a Qb before anything else. First order of business.  Darn old looks like the real deal. Im rooting hard for pick # 1 April 2018

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Nothing serious, a nagging injury.  This teams needs to find a Qb before anything else. First order of business.  Darn old looks like the real deal. Im rooting hard for pick # 1 April 2018

Agree but what if he pulls the stay in school card or I dont want to play for the Jets. 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fans will get very angry and bored with the current situation and will only take so much. sure there will be the so called diehards ( I was one during the Kotite era) but many will opt to stay the hell home and boycott the stadium. 

Unless Mac gets Kizer or Watson in round 2 and they become Dak Prescott MetLife will look like the towns around Chernobyl and Fukushima by next October

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Unless Mac gets Kizer or Watson in round 2 and they become Dak Prescott MetLife will look like the towns around Chernobyl and Fukushima by next October

Watson in the 1st round and Mixon in round 2 will at least make it interesting. I highly doubt the Jets do it but its what I am rooting for. Gotta take a shot might as well start now.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sorry no can do. 

Theres no guarantee Darnold will be available to us. 

Im not giving Macc or Bowles another pass because of the suck or tanking theory. 

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. 

And with this type of impatience, you have a FO giving up future picks for Percy Harvin and a HC that won't play the young guys because it's life or death to win 5 games instead of 3.

Its this type of impatience that we find ourselves in this situation.  The definition of a "competitive rebuild" means band aids (1 year fixes) everywhere, every year.  You can't be competitive in this league without a franchise QB.  "Rebuilding" is surrounding your franchise QB with the tools to be successful.  We need to build.

And before anyone says keep drafting them until you find one, our Front Office sucks at drafting and developing any skill position on offense.  We haven't been in well over a decade, at least.

We need to re-do our evaluation process. We cannot keep wasting picks on guys with zero chance of developing.  Hack, Petty, Boyd, McElroy, Geno, Sanchez, Clemens, etc.  We keep swinging and can't even find a quality back up.  

Thats the reason we have no talent on this  team.  We keep throwing picks away on trash in the second round and wasting late round picks on QBs that have zero chance of being anything but camp bait.

The Jets need to play their youth...They sink or swim. I'm sure no jets fan would care about darnold if Hackenberg wins 10 games. The likliness of this is minimal but never say never. We have to know. If he sucks and we go 2 and 14 well it is what it is. It's already been said but we need the younger guys playing with effort. You think any of our players are going to develop throwing games? We are looking for morale to be an all time low? You saw how this team was in the locker room at 5 and 11...You really want to see what it would be like at 1 and 15. Ridiculous.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

The Jets need to play their  :wub: youth :wub: ...They sink or swim. I'm sure no jets fan would care about darnold if Hackenberg wins 10 games. The likliness of this is minimal but never say never. We have to know. If he sucks and we go 2 and 14 well it is what it is. It's already been said but we need the younger guys playing with effort. You think any of our players are going to develop throwing games? We are looking for morale to be an all time low? You saw how this team was in the locker room at 5 and 11...You really want to see what it would be like at 1 and 15. Ridiculous.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

:wub: youth ?..agree...7bb33f6cbb3206c17b609d2ea7dc1c77.jpg

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No can do there is no guarantee you automatically get Darnold. 

I get that you don't want to rely on getting a QB savior in the next draft, but really, what f'n choice do we have right now?

Trubisky has started 1 year in college.  Meaning that for the last 2 seasons, he was a back up to QBs that are not playing football anymore.  Less experienced than Sanchez was.

Watson may be our best hope but really how much can he contribute right out of the gate?  Honestly?  And if you throw him out there as a day 1 starter, there is no turning back.  

Don't know if you watched Kizer at the combine or not.  He is no where near an NFL QB.  It was really bad.

So let's look at what's out there for vets.  Cutler, RGIII, and probably Osweiler.  Cutler and RGIII's old teams are picking in the top 3 with Cle and Chi arguably having better OL and young offensive skill players than the Jets.  Osweiler was on a team that finished at .500 and had the best D in the league.

The sooner you face the fact that the Jets will be historically bad, the sooner you can cope.  They will be lucky to win any games next year regardless of who they draft.  One way to deal with the team being so bad is that there is a better chance that we could solve our QB problems than we have had in the past 30 years.

If he stays in school, so what.  We're not turning this thing around in one year.  We'll take him the next year.

4 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I get that you don't want to rely on getting a QB savior in the next draft, but really, what f'n choice do we have right now?

Trubisky has started 1 year in college.  Meaning that for the last 2 seasons, he was a back up to QBs that are not playing football anymore.  Less experienced than Sanchez was.

Watson may be our best hope but really how much can he contribute right out of the gate?  Honestly?  And if you throw him out there as a day 1 starter, there is no turning back.  

Don't know if you watched Kizer at the combine or not.  He is no where near an NFL QB.  It was really bad.

So let's look at what's out there for vets.  Cutler, RGIII, and probably Osweiler.  Cutler and RGIII's old teams are picking in the top 3 with Cle and Chi arguably having better OL and young offensive skill players than the Jets.  Osweiler was on a team that finished at .500 and had the best D in the league.

The sooner you face the fact that the Jets will be historically bad, the sooner you can cope.  They will be lucky to win any games next year regardless of who they draft.  One way to deal with the team being so bad is that there is a better chance that we could solve our QB problems than we have had in the past 30 years.

If he stays in school, so what.  We're not turning this thing around in one year.  We'll take him the next year.

No team goes into the off season looking at next seasons draft hopefuls. 

No team plays a season with the hopes of doing better next season this is the most asinine and ridiculous thing I've ever heard. 

This organization is in worse shape then anyone has ever imagined now that fans seem to be agreeing with the team has been doing wrong the last 48 years and hoping for more of the same the next 48 years. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No team goes into the off season looking at next seasons draft hopefuls. 

No team plays a season with the hopes of doing better next season this is the most asinine and ridiculous thing I've ever heard. 

This organization is in worse shape then anyone has ever imagined now that fans seem to be agreeing with the team has been doing wrong the last 48 years and hoping for more of the same the next 48 years. 

Joewilly12 for GM!

I never said I ever rooted for this team to lose.  If Petty or Hack start, I'll watch with the expectation that we will be as bad as the Browns were this year.

If we get stupid and succumb to the fan revolt and bring in RGIII or Cutler, I probably won't watch as much, but the expectations won't change much.

Our situation is not the fans fault.  I wouldn't have drafted Hack.  The Fans weren't the ones who took Sanchez and then ignored the offense for the next 7 drafts.  Fans didn't waste draft picks on bust after bust.

I personally would have given Tennessee whatever they wanted for Mariota.  Three firsts, I would have done that in a minute.

The league will not let the Jets start the season with Hack, Petty and a rookie.  The Jets have paying customers, live and tv.  They have to try.  

Cutler would be great.   I am on this bandwagon.   Actually, Dutch Auction Cutler and RGIII and see who will play cheapest.   They will get hurt and the Jets will still tank.   McCown or Sanchez works too.  Even Fitz.

Let Hack get experience.  Losing is ok.  

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The league will not let the Jets start the season with Hack, Petty and a rookie.  The Jets have paying customers, live and tv.  They have to try.  

Cutler would be great.   I am on this bandwagon.   Actually, Dutch Auction Cutler and RGIII and see who will play cheapest.   They will get hurt and the Jets will still tank.   McCown or Sanchez works too.  Even Fitz.

Let Hack get experience.  Losing is ok.  

The NFL can careless about the Jets we are the laughing stock. 

Archived