Kirk Cousins wants out!!!

HighPitch

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-kirk-cousins-personally-asked-redskins-owner-dan-snyder-to-trade-him-171846952.html

I would offer the redskins our first round picks for the next 3 years and what he wants for a long term contract. He is worth it. Our 1st roun picks will probably suck anyway might as well get a clearly better than averaGE QB IN HIS PRIME

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

SR and move on. Nothing else. Too many giveaways by folks here

I would give them Sheldon and our #1 this year (next year if they'll go for it) for Cousins. That's a really good trade for both sides.

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-kirk-cousins-personally-asked-redskins-owner-dan-snyder-to-trade-him-171846952.html

I would offer the redskins our first round picks for the next 3 years and what he wants for a long term contract. He is worth it. Our 1st roun picks will probably suck anyway might as well get a clearly better than averaGE QB IN HIS PRIME

He's not worth that. I'll prove it right now. Name me one "must win" game where Cousins played up to such an offering...meaning what you're willing to give up to get him. What was his "defining" game for you that let you know that he was legit? 

Seems to me that people are caught up with stats. I'm looking at the fact that he's getting franchise qb money yet has only beaten 2 teams with winning records over the past 2 seasons (including 0 in 2015) and had yet to "will" a win against a good team when the skins needed it.

This is why they're shook to pay him long term

I would be all for it if it happens which is highly doubtfull. Franchise qb still young entering his prime, it would breathe so much life into the team and the fanbase. It would also force mac to become a master at drafting because say goodbye to any cap room. If the jets FO thinks he has the ability to get us into the playoffs then you do it, no questions asked.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

He's not worth that. I'll prove it right now. Name me one "must win" game where Cousins played up to such an offering...meaning what you're willing to give up to get him. What was his "defining" game for you that let you know that he was legit? 

Seems to me that people are caught up with stats. I'm looking at the fact that he's getting franchise qb money yet has only beaten 2 teams with winning records the past 2 seasons (including 0 in 2015) and had yet to "will" a win against a good team when the skins needed it.

2015, he had to beat the eagles to get into the playoffs. If i remember correctly they ran into the packers the next game and lost. Regardless people want to crap on Cousins but the guys stats speak for it all, 4900 passing yards the past two year and a 2:1 td to int ration with marginal offensive talent around him. He would be the best qb we have had in the past 20 years.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Seems to me that people are caught up with stats. I'm looking at the fact that he's getting franchise qb money yet has only beaten 2 teams with winning records over the past 2 seasons (including 0 in 2015) and had yet to "will" a win against a good team when the skins needed it.

You drool over Glennon to the point of creepy...but you sh*t on Cousins?  Really?

6 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

2015, he had to beat the eagles to get into the playoffs. If i remember correctly they ran into the packers the next game and lost. Regardless people want to crap on Cousins but the guys stats speak for it all, 4900 passing yards the past two year and a 2:1 td to int ration with marginal offensive talent around him. He would be the best qb we have had in the past 20 years.

Eagles had a losing record. Kirk Cousins won 9 games that season...all 9 wins came against teams with losing records. 

You can flash all the stats you want, the dude has beaten no one. To give up numerous 1st rounders and open up the check book for a guy who can't beat a team with a winning record is a mistake. Let him pad stats somewhere else.

cousins looks pretty good to me.  i don't know if the jets would pay him osweiler money  but he's got some pretty darn good stats.  as far as trading, imho shelodn plus the no. 1 but the redskins would have to throw in at least a 2 maybe their no. 1.

Passing

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  •  
  • Share & more
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2012 24 WAS qb 12 3 1 1-0-0 33 48 68.8 466 4 8.3 3 6.3 77 9.7 8.6 14.1 155.3 101.6 79 3 27 8.61 7.53 5.9 1 1 2
2013 25 WAS qb 12 5 3 0-3-0 81 155 52.3 854 4 2.6 7 4.5 62 5.5 4.0 10.5 170.8 58.4 38.8 5 32 5.14 3.67 3.1     -2
2014 26 WAS qb 8 6 5 1-4-0 126 204 61.8 1710 10 4.9 9 4.4 81 8.4 7.4 13.6 285.0 86.4 55.8 8 70 7.74 6.77 3.8     4
2015 27 WAS QB 8 16 16 9-7-0 379 543 69.8 4166 29 5.3 11 2.0 78 7.7 7.8 11.0 260.4 101.6 71 26 186 6.99 7.14 4.6 2 3 12
2016* 28 WAS QB 8 16 16 8-7-1 406 606 67.0 4917 25 4.1 12 2.0 80 8.1 8.0 12.1 307.3 97.2 71.7 23 190 7.52 7.45 3.7 4 4 15
Career       46 41 19-21-1 1025 1556 65.9 12113 72 4.6 42 2.7 81 7.8 7.5 11.8 263.3 93.6   65 505 7.16 6.88 4.0 7 8 31

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Eagles had a losing record. Kirk Cousins won 9 games that season...all 9 wins came against teams with losing records. 

You can flash all the stats you want, the dude has beaten no one. To give up numerous 1st rounders and open up the check book for a guy who can't beat a team with a winning record is a mistake. Let him pad stats somewhere else.

He could not beat the 2015 Jets

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

You do not accumulate 4900 yards in back to back seasons just padding stats. The guy is a good qb regardless of your personal opinion. Pair him with better offensive talent and there is no reason to believe he cannot get us into the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You drool over Glennon to the point of creepy...but you sh*t on Cousins?  Really?

I never called Glennon a franchise qb. People are actually calling cousins a franchise qb but the dude has not done a thing but throw all over teams with losing records while losing to the giants week 17 when the Giants didn't even need the win.

So, you can either make this about Mike Glennon or you can tell me what the heck Cousins had actually done in the league outside of padding stats. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I never called Glennon a franchise qb. People are actually calling cousins a franchise qb but the dude has not done a thing but throw all over teams with losing records while losing to the giants week 17 when the Giants didn't even need the win.

So, you can either make this about Mike Glennon or you can tell me what the heck Cousins had actually done in the league outside of padding stats. 

Win his Division for starters.  Finish in the top of the league in completion percentage and DVOA.  He doesn't control who he plays against.  He can control how well he plays though, and he's played exceptional for the majority of his career.  The Giants and their defense beat the Skins and their non-existent defense.  It happens.

Sorry.  No sane or rational person is going to agree with you.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Given the history of this franchise...that's no hard to do bro. Ryan Fitzpatrick statically had the best single season in jets history...how sad is that?

Its very sad but come on we need a decent QB and it seems nobody can agree on anyone are we all happy with sucking. 

Archived