My Updated Odds on Jets Pick at #6 (March 15)

Sarge4Tide

Updated after combine and 1 week of Free Agency, valid only if the Jets stay at #6

For entertainment purposes only, please no wagering

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU    6-1
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State    7-1
Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State    9-1
Jamal Adams, S, LSU    10-1
Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson    14-1
Rueben Foster, LB, Alabama    15-1
Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC    18-1
Haason Reddick, LB, Temple    19-1
OJ Howard, TE, Alabama    20-1
Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU    23-1
Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama    25-1
Any Wide Receiver     26-1
Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford     28-1
FIELD    40-1

27 minutes ago, varjet said:

I would lower the odds on Deshaun Watson.  His throws were clocked at 49 mph, which is very low.  There is no way he can throw like that in the Meadowlands.

That's really disappointing.  I've read the metric for success in the NFL is 55 mph and almost no QB below that mark has been successful.  That's a big gap to overcome.  FWIW Glennon had the same velocity at his combine.

And the nickname Noodle-Arm is already trademarked. 

48 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I understand it's illogical but some players have greater injury concerns. Milliner is famously quoted for making only missed one game in college. I wonder if he played from a stretcher half the time given the amounth of operations that he had in college.

His actual college injury history indicated that he would likely miss more than the occasional game in the pros. 

The writing was on the wall, I was not the only jets fan who did not want to take Milliner because of his surgeries...

To be fair to you, here is the take from PFT at draft time, who felt.. like you,  that he was worth the risk...

Dee Milliner has had five surgeries

300x-69.jpg?w=250AP

Whether there are legitimate concerns about Dee Milliner’s ability to stay healthy or whether it’s all part of a smear campaign, the health of the former Alabama cornerback is one of the major topics of conversation in the final days before the NFL draft.

So with everyone buzzing about Milliner’s medical status, Adam Schefter of ESPN offers this note: Milliner has undergone a total of five surgeries: a right knee scope, a repair of a sports hernia, a procedure for a right tibia stress fracture and one surgery on each shoulder.

Milliner is still rehabbing after his most recent shoulder surgery, and he might not be ready for the start of training camp. So it’s easy to see why there are medical questions about him.

But it’s also important to remember this: In his three seasons at Alabama, Milliner missed exactly one game, and in that game (a blowout win over Western Kentucky), coach Nick Saban said Milliner had a minor hip injury and could have played if the team needed him. So while Milliner’s medical history may raise a few eyebrows, his football history says he can get on the field when his team needs him.

Milliner's most serious injury was a torn Achilles Tendon at the start of his 2nd year.  You can't predict that.  

People may recall he was defensive rookie of the month in Dec 2013 and played very well at times to start 2014.  Once he tore his Achilles and missed most of 2014, he was never the same.  He looked bad or was dinged up all of 2015 and released prior to 2016

Whether he never got back up to full speed after the Achilles injury, or whether he was too far in Bowles' doghouse by that point to ever recover, I don't know 

13 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Updated after combine and 1 week of Free Agency, valid only if the Jets stay at #6

For entertainment purposes only, please no wagering

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU    6-1
Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State    7-1
Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State    9-1
Jamal Adams, S, LSU    10-1
Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson    14-1
Rueben Foster, LB, Alabama    15-1
Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC    18-1
Haason Reddick, LB, Temple    19-1
OJ Howard, TE, Alabama    20-1
Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU    23-1
Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama    25-1
Any Wide Receiver     26-1
Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford     28-1
FIELD    40-1

I have decided, with no factual basis for it, that I want the Jets to draft Trubisky.

I like his name, and I like drafting QB's till we find one.  That's enough reason for me.

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I have decided, with no factual basis for it, that I want the Jets to draft Trubisky.

I like his name, and I like drafting QB's till we find one.  That's enough reason for me.

If we were drafting for the name, I think Mahomes gets the nod over Trubisky.  But then Hooker beats them both.  With that jersey on the sidelines the opportunities are endless

football.jpg

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Mayock  has us taking Lattimore in his mock draft today .  He also OJ Howard going #4 overall,  that's interesting

I thought Mayock only does 1 mock right before the draft. Are you talking about that other dipsh*t weasel... McShay?

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Mayock  has us taking Lattimore in his mock draft today .  He also OJ Howard going #4 overall,  that's interesting

Why would we pick a cornerback so early in a draft filled with excellent corners? Makes no sense to me. We could grab a CB starter in round 3, definitely round 2. I would address another position if we can't trade back. 

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Milliner's most serious injury was a torn Achilles Tendon at the start of his 2nd year.  You can't predict that.  

People may recall he was defensive rookie of the month in Dec 2013 and played very well at times to start 2014.  Once he tore his Achilles and missed most of 2014, he was never the same.  He looked bad or was dinged up all of 2015 and released prior to 2016

Whether he never got back up to full speed after the Achilles injury, or whether he was too far in Bowles' doghouse by that point to ever recover, I don't know 

great point.  the achilles is probably worse than a knee because it just throws the body off so much during the healing process.

Archived