Another reason to "Suck for Sam"

Lil Woody

Getting a desirable HC to want to come here. 

What's the draw otherwise? Coaching in the big apple? LOL. Not for this team with this owner.  If we are going to entice anyone worth a damn to be the HC of the NYJ....we are going to need a carrot to dangle. Getting the #1 pick in a good QB class would be one way to get qualified, intelligent people to actually consider coming here.

Suck for Sam. If we don't get it right, we are just going to continue being the Jets. Do whatever it takes.

Womp. Womp.

Other reasons:

-Jets will sell more tickets and merch

-more national exposure

-Darnold will definitely not regress or get injured next year

-all of the thousand things that have to happen for us to get him will definitely happen

-this is definitely a good plan and not a harebrained fantasy peddled by the dumbest members of the dumbest fanbase in sports

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Other reasons:

-more national exposure

-all of the thousand things that have to happen for us to get him will definitely happen

-this is definitely a good plan and not a harebrained fantasy peddled by the dumbest members of the dumbest fanbase in sports

I have Suck For Sam pins too. Now you don't get one. 

18 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Getting a desirable HC to want to come here. 

What's the draw otherwise? Coaching in the big apple? LOL. Not for this team with this owner.  If we are going to entice anyone worth a damn to be the HC of the NYJ....we are going to need a carrot to dangle. Getting the #1 pick in a good QB class would be one way to get qualified, intelligent people to actually consider coming here.

Suck for Sam. If we don't get it right, we are just going to continue being the Jets. Do whatever it takes.

Womp. Womp.

Are you implying that having Malik Hooker and the 14th overall pick in 2018 wouldn't be enough to pry Jim Harbaugh away from Michigan?

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Other reasons:

-more national exposure

When you put it this way, taking a highly flawed QB at 6 who is highly unlikely to pan out, seems so much smarter.  

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Other reasons:

-more national exposure

There are no guarantees anywhere. But it's a better plan than just putting your faith in the system and the Jets to do the right thing.

Sure...it's bad to throw games. It might cause outrage. ESPN will attack us. But the system is designed to be abused. The NBA put in the lottery to avoid just this kind of thing. Guess what? Teams don't care. They know it's all about the talent and getting better odds in a non-guaranteed system is better than trying. The NFL has made it so that only one position is the key to success in the league. And since we are NOT going to be competetive this season....why shouldn't we do the one thing that actually helps us.  Damn what any talking heads say. If the NFL needs to adjust the rules to ensure nobody ever does it again....great. But while we can do it....we should. 

Players won't like it. Who cares?

Everyone will be mad and complain. So? We're just taking advantage of the system in place.

That's just not how it's done in football. Lol. Say's who, the guys that change the rules of the game every year?

Look. I know this is never going to happen. But it absolutely should. Too bad we have a coward loser for an owner. This would be the only way for the Jets to save themselves from themselves. Yes we are that dysfunctional and pathetic. From the top to the bottom. We need an outside force to carry us to relevance in spite of ourselves. Why I still love this pathetic tire fire I don't know. Maybe I'm just a S&M guy and I just never realized it and it has manifested itself in my sports psyche?

What is your armchair GM plan to see a championship? Trust in the process? Let the Jets braintrust work? Believe in Woody and his ability to secure great football people to build a winner?

34 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Other reasons:

-more national exposure

IMG_1118.JPG

Unless Hack or Petty or a draft pick emerges as a franchise type qb, we really have no other viable option. 

Do we really want to go into next year with no franchise QB and a 6-12 range draft pick which will mean that if there is a clear cut franchise QB we can't get him???

So far macc seems to be following that plan. He let go high priced vets that weren't in our long term plans. He didn't sign any high priced, past their prime, vets. He's Fielding a competitive team just not competitive enough to win more than about 4 games.... Unless one of the young QBs break out. 

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

When you put it this way, taking a highly flawed QB at 6 who is highly unlikely to pan out, seems so much smarter.  

The smart move is hoping for 6 or 7 wins this season so that's what they can average over the next decade.

To me it isn't just tank for darnold. Theres going to be a good group of qb's to pick in the first round next year. If we secure the first or second pick, chances are even if one of these prospects gets hurt, doesnt declare, or regresses....we'll stil have a couple really good ones to choose from. 

Build up the rest of the team this year, draft our qb and high draft picks for whatever else in 2018, and we'll have some cap space to use too.

8 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I mean we're going to suck regardless, might as well convince ourselves we're doing it for a reason this time

Exactly. And we (the SuckForSamBrigade) get to be happy in the meantime. We get to fist pump and do a little celebratory dance in our living room every time we lose next year. Which will be often. 

For one season only, you get to exist in some parellel universe where every defeat will feel like a massive win, and vice versa. Just have to flip our record. 5-11 is actually 11-5, 3-13 is 13-3, etc. 

Us Suck for Sam'ers have a lot to look forward to next season. Everyone else, not so much. 

9 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

There are no guarantees anywhere. But it's a better plan than just putting your faith in the system and the Jets to do the right thing.

Sure...it's bad to throw games. It might cause outrage. ESPN will attack us. But the system is designed to be abused. The NBA put in the lottery to avoid just this kind of thing. Guess what? Teams don't care. They know it's all about the talent and getting better odds in a non-guaranteed system is better than trying. The NFL has made it so that only one position is the key to success in the league. And since we are NOT going to be competetive this season....why shouldn't we do the one thing that actually helps us.  Damn what any talking heads say. If the NFL needs to adjust the rules to ensure nobody ever does it again....great. But while we can do it....we should. 

Players won't like it. Who cares?

Everyone will be mad and complain. So? We're just taking advantage of the system in place.

That's just not how it's done in football. Lol. Say's who, the guys that change the rules of the game every year?

Look. I know this is never going to happen. But it absolutely should. Too bad we have a coward loser for an owner. This would be the only way for the Jets to save themselves from themselves. Yes we are that dysfunctional and pathetic. From the top to the bottom. We need an outside force to carry us to relevance in spite of ourselves. Why I still love this pathetic tire fire I don't know. Maybe I'm just a S&M guy and I just never realized it and it has manifested itself in my sports psyche?

What is your armchair GM plan to see a championship? Trust in the process? Let the Jets braintrust work? Believe in Woody and his ability to secure great football people to build a winner?

but what if mac does pick a qb at 6? i know this scenario has been discussed ad nauseum.  he'd be banking on some serious team progress.  and the thing is either a qb at 6 or hack had better pan out or mac is out the door. if he wins the jets win.  and if he loses the jets will be in position to pick one of the 2018 qb's. 

Archived