Whine about Jamal Adams here.

TuscanyTile2

3 hours ago, Dcronin said:

There are 32 NFL teams. Last year, our secondary was ranked 59th.

A safety is boring, boring, unsexy, and boring. But it's a good pick.

We are (I am seriously not kidding) very possibly going 0-16 this year. We will have our pick of QB, RB, TE and LB next year.

I am very disappointed that we didn't slide to 12 and give Cleveland 6, with us getting Howard and then a CB or safety in 2nd round, but we got what seems like a stud.

What happens to Calvin Pryor?

DC

We had a secondary ranked 59th in a league with 32 teams? Seems like addressing this issue was rather pressing then: good pick.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im thankful this team destroyed my ability to care too much about them years ago otherwise I reckon i'd be pretty annoyed about now.

League has been systematically tilted towards passing offense, and we draft 9 defensive players in the first round, in a row, most of whose skills are more aligned with stopping the run than the pass

That's slightly less remarkable than the fact that after doing it for 8 years and having a defensive minded HC, we still fielded a terrible defense last year.

At least our run defense will still be top notch, we'd be a force to reckon with in the 60's NFL. It's like we're Blockbuster and decided the solution to this Netflix fad is to open more stores. Oy!

That being said, seems like a good kid and you could argue that on a roster deplete of talent, it was most important to come away with a good player and we likely did that here. And Ill continue to have my Sundays free! 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you didn't.

youve been carrying on like a fool that we should have gone offense.  Stop already.

You obviously haven't been paying attention. Or you're mistaking me for someone else. Maybe you only read the homerific posts (likely the case).

Mike Williams, Deshaun Watson, Christian McCaffrey, Patrick Mahomes. 

There were plenty of options. And this draft is deep with DBs. You can find a safety later in the draft. You didn't have to piss away the 6th on one. 

26 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:
2010   Kyle Wilson CB Boise State      
2011   Muhammad Wilkerson DL Temple University      
2012   Quinton Coples DE North Carolina      
2013   Dee Milliner CB Alabama      
  Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri      
2014   Calvin Pryor S Louisville      
2015   Leonard Williams DT USC      

Darron Lee

Holy sh....

And the defense still sucks.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Im thankful this team destroyed my ability to care too much about them years ago otherwise I reckon i'd be pretty annoyed about now.

League has been systematically tilted towards passing offense, and we draft 9 defensive players in the first round, in a row, most of whose skills are more aligned with stopping the run than the pass

That's slightly less remarkable than the fact that after doing it for 8 years and having a defensive minded HC, we still fielded a terrible defense last year.

At least our run defense will still be top notch, we'd be a force to reckon with in the 60's NFL. It's like we're Blockbuster and decided the solution to this Netflix fad is to open more stores. Oy!

That being said, seems like a good kid and you could argue that on a roster deplete of talent, it was most important to come away with a good player and we likely did that here. And Ill continue to have my Sundays free! 

This is my favorite post ever on this site. It should be pinned to the top, so when all the ppl praising this pick up and down wonder why we suck so bad on the field come October, they can just refer to this post. 

Every single team feels they win the draft. What most don't seem to get is there are bigger factors than just grabbing the best value on the board. You have to have a grand plan, and it should revolve around QB. We are like a lost babe in the woods. Zero direction or understanding of the big picture. 

Wow, it' amazing that so many people are so disillusioned yet spend every waking hour here crying in their beer.

Get a ******* life!!

It's like the Guiding Light in here: nothing changes. I go away for months and the same people are arguing about the same thing. Only there's no cute babes, just fat dudes.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention. Or you're mistaking me for someone else. Maybe you only read the homerific posts (likely the case).

Mike Williams, Deshaun Watson, Christian McCaffrey, Patrick Mahomes. 

There were plenty of options. And this draft is deep with DBs. You can find a safety later in the draft. You didn't have to piss away the 6th on one. 

At 6?  You wanted McCaffrey or Mahomes at 6? 

Adams is a McCourtey like player the reason BB didn't want to lose him. He calls the defenses and shows good judgment and brains and understands what Belichick wants. Their entire system is built around this, unlike the Jets D esp the secondary people following a game plan and being on the same page. Sure their Dbs can be beaten but there are usually no mental errors or breakdowns like with us. Unusual for BB that he paid a DB that much money although he did pay Gilmore a cover corner a lot of money. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Adams is a McCourtey like player the reason BB didn't want to lose him. He calls the defenses and shows good judgment and brains and understands what Belichick wants. Their entire system is built around this, unlike the Jets D esp the secondary people following a game plan and being on the same page. Sure their Dbs can be beaten but there are usually no mental errors or breakdowns like with us. Unusual for BB that he paid a DB that much money although he did pay Gilmore a cover corner a lot of money. 

McCourty is a corner who was taken at 27. If Bellicheat gets as high a pick as 6 he was not taking a strong safety. 

Analyst Affiliation Grade Comments
Lance Zierlein NFL.com A He’s the ultimate leader, and that’s something I think is hard to put a draft grade on.
Bucky Brooks NFL.com A They knocked it out of the park… Jamal gives them what they need.
Stephen Smith Fansided A There is very little to dislike about this pick… Adams has the talent to be a Pro Bowl player right away.
Chris Burke Sports Illustrated A Adams is the right pick… He has all the makings of a defensive centerpiece at the next level.
Walter Cherepinsky Walter Football A Adams was widely projected to be taken in the top three, and he probably should’ve been. The Jets aren’t complaining.
Michelle Bruton Bleacher Report A The Jets were the beneficiaries of the second-best player in the draft falling into their lap at No. 6.
Adam Zielonka New York Jet Fuel A Adams has proven himself to be a playmaker – exactly the kind of guy the Jets need in their floundering secondary.
Dan Kadar SB Nation A- Adams can come up and stop the run, he’s comfortable in both man and zone coverage and, as a bonus, he can even get after the quarterback. The Jets need sure things, and they got one in Adams.
Dieter Kurtenbach Fox Sports A- Adams isn’t a ballhawking free safety and he’s not a hard-hitting box safety — he’s a good safety that really fits best in Cover-2 looks.
Pete Prisco CBS Sports B They had to be thrilled this kid fell to them. Great kid at a need spot.
Mark Maske Washington Post B Should they have gone the QB route and taken Watson or Mahomes? Perhaps. But a case could be made that neither was worth the No. 6 pick.

Archived