Whine about Jamal Adams here.

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Mack is well on his way to "consensus BAP"ing his way out of a job.

Its easy to not be excited. At his best this player barely moves the needle on our near worst in NFL Defense. And he replaces a top-drafted Safety we very recently missed on in Pryor.

Meanwhile, think about our offense.

Still excited?

By our horrid O?

What ARE we building here beyond "we got BAPper Mel Kiper" kudos?

Can you explain it to me, what we're building?

Post of the day.

We just set an NFL record for drafting defense in 1st rd for the most consecutive years.

And how good was our defense last year? So what do we have to show for it?

Maybe just maybe if we ever invested into the other side of the ball, our defense would improve by just having to play less minutes, because our offense would be capable of sustaining drives and giving our D some breathers.

40 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

We saw the backs of more opponents receivers this season than I can ever remember. I am not happy drafting a Safety, but this guy could be special. Ed Reed special. A guy like that automatically transforms a defense. Just keep him far away from Sheldumb.

Lol what? He's not Ed Reed. If you wanted Ed Reed you draft Hooker and hope you can fix his tackling along with hoping the he does not get reinjured. Adams is a strong safety, he's not a ballhawk. When will this Reed comparison die.

Just now, artemusclyde said:

Lol what? He's not Ed Reed. If you wanted Ed Reed you draft Hooker and hope you can fix his tackling along with hoping the he does not get reinjured. Adams is a strong safety, he's not a ballhawk. When will this Reed comparison die.

Adams is a playmaking SS in the mold of brian dawkins or polamalu

50 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Lol, agreed. Adams is a nice player but I just don't get the logic how an effin safety is going to turn this franchise around. 

Count me as a fan that is less than excited to see our new shiny safety come fall. What a bunmer.

See, I think this mentality is wrong.

There's not going to be a single player who is going to turn this franchise around. You need building blocks. And, to me, safety was a black hole for forever. I thought more of Malik Booker, but I am not paid to evaluate talent.

So far the Jets front office appear to have given a vote of cofidence to Hackenberg by drafting a safety with Mahones and Watson still on the board.

Do the Jets to their annual special of a second round quarterback ? Davis Webb or Deshone Kizer ?

10 minutes ago, SMC said:

Adams could be the next Ed Reed, but he still wouldn't be worth it if Mahomes or Watson turn into franchise QBs.

Unnnnnlessssss they get Sam next year and he becomes a HOF with Adams as Ed Reed at S. Half full brosepth, it's half full.

sh*t wrong thread for that sorry!!!

Just now, HessStation said:

Unnnnnlessssss they get Sam next year and he becomes a HOF with Adams as Ed Reed at S. Half full brosepth, it's half full.

Ugh, this comparison is so sh*tty. Compare him to Chancellor or Polamalu, he's not Ed Reed. Ed Reed didn't play strong safety ffs. And lol at us getting Sam next year, watch Adams and our team lead us to picking 3-5 next year. 

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

sh*t wrong thread for that sorry!!!

LOL, I said the same thing in another thread!  This keeps them in line for a top 5 pick

2 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Ugh, this comparison is so sh*tty. Compare him to Chancellor or Polamalu, he's not Ed Reed. Ed Reed didn't play strong safety ffs. And lol at us getting Sam next year, watch Adams and our team lead us to picking 3-5 next year. 

Whoa wasn't my comparison at all and I agree. It was in response to. I was coining it in terms of being as good as, not that they're the same kind of players. I don't think SMC meant it that way either. The point being, if he'll be a HOF type safety i think. 

19 minutes ago, SMC said:

Adams could be the next Ed Reed, but he still wouldn't be worth it if Mahomes or Watson turn into franchise QBs.

So what? What if mahomes was the one and we took Watson or vice versa? What if they both are busts and Adams is a pro bowler.

You don't just take a QB because you need done, you take a QB if he is worth taking at 6. If they didn't like these guys why should they take them simply because you think these other guys MAYBE good??

That's an awful way to build a team.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So what? What if mahomes was the one and we took Watson or vice versa? What if they both are busts and Adams is a pro bowler.

You don't just take a QB because you need done, you take a QB if he is worth taking at 6. If they didn't like these guys why should they take them simply because you think these other guys MAYBE good??

I agree with this post 100%. Nobody considered the QB's this year can't miss talent. I would rather tank for next years with better prospects. BTW what happened to the last few QB's we reached for?

1 minute ago, sciond said:

I agree with this post 100%. Nobody considered the QB's this year can't miss talent. I would rather tank for next years with better prospects. BTW what happened to the last few QB's we reached for?

Andy Reid did. And I trust Andy ******* Reid to know more about qbs then a lot of these "draft experts" who sh*t on Mariota, Carr, and Bridgewater. Reid was getting Favre flashbacks watching Mahomes and knew he could develop him. We missed out on a franchise qb folks, all for a strong safety. Better hope this team sucks next year, cause the only way we're drafting a franchise qb is if everybody and their mother is calling them a franchise qb.

4 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Andy Reid did. And I trust Andy ******* Reid to know more about qbs then a lot of these "draft experts" who sh*t on Mariota, Carr, and Bridgewater. Reid was getting Favre flashbacks watching Mahomes and knew he could develop him. We missed out on a franchise qb folks, all for a strong safety. Better hope this team sucks next year, cause the only way we're drafting a franchise qb is if everybody and their mother is calling them a franchise qb.

we will see the last qb he developed was McNab

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

An awful way to build a team is how the Jets have done it since 2000

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

You're right. Scoring points is overrated. 

No, you are.  Playing defense is overrated.  As is having a player in mind other than being a fan who just screams out for an offensive player.  No one in particular, none with a name, just offense.  

31 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Do you expect Mahomes to beat out Smith ? At best baring injury he will not see the field till late 2018 season that is a value pick at 6 not for the Jets. Reid needs to be that QB guru and the Jets do not have that type of guru on their staff. Should he have that potential talent it would be waisted with the Jets.

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you are.  Playing defense is overrated.  As is having a player in mind other than being a fan who just screams out for an offensive player.  No one in particular, none with a name, just offense.  

Yup. Just been screaming "offense!"

Never mentioned any players in particular. Not one. 

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's nights like this that make me so happy that I don't follow college football and know nothing about the draft. 

It's the only pain I am spared as a Jets fan. 

SAR I

That's a shame .....college ball is awesome without NFL implications. 

1 hour ago, artemusclyde said:

Hmmm  Andy Reid has a killer offense line and a veteran qb that cab tutor the kid.  I doubt that Mahoms see many actual snaps this season.

2 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

There are still 6 picks left in a supposedly deep draft. We just got a concensus top 3 player at 6. Safety is now one of the more important positions on defense as far as playmaking. Probably second to edge. Seems almost impossible not to be excited to get a talent like Adams to start your draft 

TJ Watt or Reuben Foster second round lets get it boys

Archived